Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 06:10 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick

You have written so much lately about the new heli and transfering parts I cant recall but it sound likes you should have JR's on that puppy to ensure a safe flight.

You must feel a great reward in using your tester made with your own hands and seeing it work as you designed. Cool Mr. Cool

On the plane test as I said it is a HK cheap like $107.00 motorized glide cloning a Nextstar. When he landing I had run over to it and hold it down unitl I could properly grab it safely and pick it up. The wind wanted to flip it an then that would have damaged the Go Pro YIKES!

Hey Guy's,
It is time for bed now so you can all get up and see what Santa left for you under the tree in the morning. My wishes for you is that will be the love of good mate and good health as well as lifes little necessities, like helis and planes nicely wrapped.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69019.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1704710  
Old 12-25-2011, 01:55 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

MERRY CHRISTMAS JOHN, NICK, & GLENN!

Hope you all get everything on your wish lists (someone already did).

Mark
Old 12-25-2011, 02:13 AM
Aframomum

Nick,

The Whiplash is looking terrific...I like the overall look. I heard you talk of the OWB being in the motor pinion...same as on my Protos...did the instructions call for greasing of it? Asking b/c on the Protos the designer says to Not grease the OWB...guessing since it is on the motor pinion it doesn't have the same forces as if it were on the main gear with the entire head creating forces? Glad the build wasn't too bad...7 hours...haven't done that in a long time...you must have had lots of caffeine.

JPEE,

Looks like wind won't be an issue with you any longer...not with a 700 size machine and a FBL system taking control...now you can laugh in its face!! Nice experiment with the glider.

Was up this morning at 4 to finish wrapping presents...and getting ready for work (one very bad thing working in a hospital - always open )...lesson learned this year so will definitely take off next year. Luckily this year the little guy hasn't quite grasped the Santa thing yet but I'm sure next year he will so want to be home for that. We'll be opening presents this afternoon when I get home...oh yeah!

Take care all,

Mark
Old 12-25-2011, 08:20 AM
evdreamer

Guys,

Merry Christmas. Hope everyone gets some good food and has fun with the family.

Mark,

There was no need to grease the OWB because it was already drenched with Tri-Flow from the factory. The thrust bearings are between the radial bearings in the head and tail grips, so they were preassembled from the factory. I was worried those weren't greased, but I looked inside and the grease was oozing out of all four grips. The person who preassembled those parts must be a heli person.

I didn't have any caffeine with the build. I don't drink coffee and I didn't have any pop/soda here.

Nick
Old 12-25-2011, 11:19 AM
JPEE

Hey Nick, you live in a Famous town.

Place to launch a second career: Lincoln, Neb.

Clague Hodgson, 65, retired early from a faculty position at the Creighton University School of Medicine and founded his own biotech company, Nature Technology Corporation, in 1998. His Lincoln-based business now employs eight people who investigate the use of DNA as a medicine. Hodgson says the city's low unemployment rate and proximity to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln make it an excellent place to launch a second career. "The University of Nebraska Technology Park really takes a lot of the weight off your shoulders," he says. "For an entrepreneur, remaining affiliated with the university is a good source of information, the library is very helpful, and occasionally we collaborate with researchers there." Nebraska's state capitol had an unemployment rate of just 3.5 percent in 2010, among the lowest in the country. According to Onboard Informatics data, the city has added more than 15,000 jobs since 2000, many of which are in fields known to hire older workers, including government, higher education, and healthcare.

JPEE
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Are you trying to tell us that your planning on coming out of retirement to start a second career in Lincoln?

Nick,

What electronics are you waiting for?

Hey all,

ExperienceRC is having an after Christmas offer...10% off any order and free S/H on orders over $100 - already got my order in.

Mark
Old 12-26-2011, 02:34 PM
evdreamer

John,

Where did you find that article? I have been lucky to not have been hit hard by the recession like other cities have.

Mark,

I still need a bigger regulator (Scott Grey Reactor 2 15A). My 6A regulators were getting hot after a flight on my 600 when it was FBL. It will probably be hotter with my flying on a 700. I still need some batteries. I have also been thinking about giving the Futaba CGY-750 or Micro Beast a try. It will depend how light I want my wallet to get.

That is cool you got a discount on some heli stuff.

Nick
Old 12-26-2011, 04:21 PM
JPEE

Oh God no Nick I am not moving orrrrrr coming out of retirement. Here is the link: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-bes...070000895.html

Mark, thanks for the tip on the discount! I ran up for the field today and there were people that I have ever seen! 20% were non members who got a little heli or plane for Christmas and don't know where to fly. So anywho I flew two packs and came home and took down the tree and packed up Christmas.......Done! Finito! Over! Gone! Moving on.

OBTW two guys stacked brand new planes to heaps today, it hurt to watch.

Jpee
Old 12-26-2011, 08:56 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is cool you got a couple more flights in this year.

Well I hooked up my Kontronik ESC today. I thought I destroyed it before I even turned the motor over. I am used to the CC HV ESC's and know they don't have an internal BEC and I forgot the Kontronik did. So I hooked up my external regulator with the red wire still hooked up on the throttle wire. Once I remembered I shouldn't have done that I was getting the 6 flashes saying there is an internal problem and the ESC needs to be sent in to Kontronik. Well I messed around with it some more and I managed to get the motor to start some times and other times the 6 flashes happened. I found out the internal BEC still works. I also found out the ESC doesn't like my 100 ohm resistor to prevent the spark. Then I found out the Kontronik ESC doesn't like a spark when connected. I found that was the reason I was getting the 6 flashes. I found a way to trick the ESC to work. I first plug in my resistor to charge the caps. Then I plug in the main connector and unplug the resistor. Then I power on the receiver. When I do the steps in this order the ESC arms every time and I can control the motor. Then I watched Mr Mels youtube videos and programmed the ESC and set the end points on the throttle channel. I am glad I didn't destroy anything. I will just take it easy the first couple of flights to make sure.

Nick
Old 12-26-2011, 10:26 PM
JPEE

Nick,
Glad the ESC still works. Just hitting the rack. Will go into depth tomorrow. Right now it is sleepy town lol
Old 12-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Glad you were able to find a way around the ESC programming for initializing it and still keep the spark supressor.

Any idea what batteries your getting?

JPEE,

Sorry to hear of the crashes at your field. Plane or heli? (reason I'm asking...a heli can be brought back from the brink...planes are 50/50 depending on the building skill of the owner)

Kinda exciting seeing all the new faces at the field...all the 'newness' it is to them. Hey, you might even pick up a new 'trainee'!

Mark
Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 PM
JPEE

Mark,
I hope your holidays were wonderful!

It was two airplanes that crashed jet type inducted fan the real fast ones, one got out of orientation and the other was a man with a new plane that insisted his best friend try for the first time to fly a T 28 and it was totalled. The guy that crashed the plane offered to replace the airplane. Then the owner asked me do you think that's right that he should replace my new plane or should like take some responsibility because I insisted that he fly it with no experience? While I said that decision is yours my friend I did say with a smile we're at me, I would split the cost of the plane let everybody be a person of responsibility and a smaller loser financially.

I hope Nick goes with Jen aces because they are incredible seven minute flight in Idol up and they are almost to room temperature. I just don't understand why Nick gets that big spark because I do not with my EC fives. When I plug in my batteries there's just barely a little pop and I've checked the tips and now after over 20 flights no sign of any arcing.

Take care JP
!

Old 12-27-2011, 07:33 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I was thinking about using Chrome batteries, but I might get the Gen Ace's that John recommended. I don't know what I will get. I still need to save up for them.

John,

What kind of balance connectors do the Gen Ace's have. By your pictures it looks like the Align style, but I couldn't tell.

I finally wrote some code for a button on my servo tester. Now I can go between all of my menus. Now I just need to write some code to drive the special Futaba servos. That will pretty much be all I can do without adding an ammeter for speed tests and current draw.

Nick
Old 12-27-2011, 07:38 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Yes they are Align balance connections. The batteries come with these HK LIKE 4mm red connectors that I pulled off and went to EC5s. Good news on your project.

John
Old 12-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Aframomum

Hey guys,

Anyone got good plans for New Year's Eve?

I think I got jibbed this year as I had to work both Christmas and New Years weekend, blah. At least it was dayshift so I didn't miss out on everything.

Nick,

You sound like you are in the same boat as I have been with my Protos...waiting until you have money for parts. At least my last one is on its way from Experience so I'm anxiously waiting...feels like its been forever and a day.

Mark
Old 12-29-2011, 01:30 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I have to work on New Years day too.

That is good your last part is coming for your Protos.

Nick
Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I really hate to say this, but every day is Saturday for me! no holiday work.....he he

We for as long as I can remember stay home and I BBQ lobsters and the wife makes a Prime Rib and with a glass of Champagne we call it in night. I don't wanna be out on a amateur night with the drunk drivers. I have a lot more Saturdays I want to see.................

I flew the 700e 4 times today and the 600 once and that was a test flight. For the second time I tried a GEN ACE 5300 on the 600 and the pack still gets far to warm for comfort! Ever since I installed the NEW motor it kicks butt but the heli just can't support it. Not to mention I dang near totalled it twice in flight. Now that I fly VBAR the 600 with a FB was challenge! and hard to control. So I am selling it, and one 500 and my 450 Pro. That will leave me the 700 and "a" 500 ESP and then I'll VBAR that 500 so the feels the same. And as I recently said, I am peeking at a quad copter.

I had a break through today at the field, I flew two horizontal circles inverted! Once completed I was so excited my hands started shaking from happiness/adrenaline so landed lol.

Truly, I am sorry Mark and Nick that you have to work on another Holiday. Be safe!!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 AM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you are enjoying the Vbar.

Congrats on the inverted circle.

Nick
Old 12-30-2011, 12:53 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not much going on here, just getting ready for my weekend off...

Sorry Nick and Mark....wish you guys had the weekend off as well...

JPEE, congrats on the inverted circles, sounds like you are having a lot of fun with the new FBL setup .....

Hope you guys have a safe and Happy New Year, and 2012 is a nice, happy, and prosperous year for you!

Take care,

Glenn
Old 12-30-2011, 01:35 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

Judy and I extended the same good wishes to you and Tiger for a safe and prosperous new year in 2012.

I am so fatigued from flying yesterday so many times I'm taking two days off to rest, laughing out loud!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:52 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

And Happy New Year's Eve to everyone!!

JPEE,

Congratulations on your inverted circuits...you have earned my respect in that you did it without an mcpx.

Enjoy the time off and darn you for having such a great sounding cookout while Nick and I work. Seriously though, lobster tails and Prime rib...can't think of any better way to welcome in a new year.

The mailman was nice to me today...my part came in - a CC Ice Lite ESC. Yep, I repaired the original Ice ESC but just knew it was too big and heavy to put on the heli - should have done more reading before buying as everyone was saying the Lite version fit perfectly under the battery tray. So bit the bullet and placed my order when Experience was having their 10% sale plus free s/h.

Wanted to share what she looks like now, just have the tail servo setup to do. The belt drivetrain is really unique.

Mark

P.S. - If you hold the control key while clicking on the picture it will open the old way rather then opening in its own window.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62534.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1707527   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zv67264.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1707528   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13527.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1707529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo35130.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1707530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vg54099.jpg
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	1707531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ar10048.jpg
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1707532  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:38 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

No flying since my last time out. I have been busy with other things around the house. I did talk with a guy who drove by the field today and the said the parking lot was jammed! No thanks, thats not for me. About Tuesday everyeon will have gone back ot work and the "old one" will then go back to an nice open and quite field.

Mark, your Heli really looks nice. I'll bet that belt drive will be very quite to say the least. Thanks for the kudos on the inverted

My goal is to finish my camera sling mod so it fits the 700. I want to try a fly over for ground video over a friends house from altitude.

Before the new year rings in I wanted to say it has been a great year for us here. The fellowship has been a 12 on a scale of 10! with just the four of us. I love that we include our families and are a bit diversified in our chatter beyond the hobby which is and will remain as our mainstay but other topics are good too!

I forgot to mention before but I tried a new GEN ACE 5300 in the 600 and flew the snot out of her. The pack came in far warmer than I want it so that NEU motor is just a killer. I could drop a minute off the flight and or drop my head speed but naw.......... I dont roll that way. I was trying to decide what to do with it, keep it and VBAR or not. Well it is getting sold with a 500 esp and the 450. I am just plain tired of so many helis. I will take my NIB VBAR and slap that in my other 500 and there ya go. Two helis............ sometimes simple is better!

Happy New Years to one and all, be safe out there if your hitting the mean streets and most of all GOD BLESS!

John
Old 12-31-2011, 07:52 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is good you got a weekend off.

Mark,

I see you went with Gen Ace batteries too. That is good your Protos is flight ready.

John,

That is good your new Vbar will find a new home.

Nick
Old 12-31-2011, 10:19 PM
evdreamer

Happy New Years everyone!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 PM
JPEE

Nick, Mark and Glenn,

I hope you all had a safe and fun New Years Eve and day for that matter.

I crashed at 11:20 p.m. full of good grubb (prime rib baby) and we decided to skip the lobster this year. There so much prime rib we ate for new years day night too.

I got in 3 flights on the 700 today and it was a drop dead gorgeous day here

Take care boys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.