Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 10:15 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

John,

I have never used red loctite, but I hear it needs heat to be removed. Green loctite doesn't need heat. From my experience the green loctite is a lot harder to remove a screw than the blue loctite.

Sorry you have bad weather too. It snowed here today.

Nick
Old 01-17-2012, 10:29 PM
JPEE

Nick,
Sorry that you have snow in your weather is bad too.

Perhaps I got some poor information but I have used red Loctite on every thing for the last four years and it only came loose a few times. I can only tell you that any time I take a screw out that has the red Loctite that I have to use a Dremel with a wire wheel to clean all the threads off before I re-Loctite and put back in the hole. So I'll get some green and give it a try.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:22 PM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

I ran up to the field today to fly as our expected storms backed up a day so I took advantage. But that is not why I am writing, what I want to share is...there was a guy there with FPV plane. He had a foamy with twin e-motors that was a wing over. Kind looked like a sea plane without landing gear or pontoons. He had a camera mounting into the cockpit that moved side to side and up and down on his command. He did a hand launch and off her went. He had a signal booster on his radio, a dish type antenna on a tripod and a 12 volt color computer like screen in a case when opened was like a laptop. All of his stuff ran off lipos big and small. I am here to tell you that he was not using 2.8 gig but rather he was in the 480s I believe. I watched his screen on the table and he went 4 miles away with an altitude of 3,000 feet! You heard me right, it was incredible! ! ! The name of most of his equipment was "Dragon" He would get up there and the views were incredible to say the least. Not today, but he has lost the picture signal to the plane which left him blind and the plane 4 miles away. But he has a GPS he turns on after he launches the plane. When he lost signal 4 times since he has been doing this and he turned on the "auto-pilot return home" and said he just sat there and just waited for the plane to come back. Today he was flying at 25-30 miles per hour, forgive me but I forgot how long he can stay up but it is a long time! On his last flight he showed me the GPS in action and turned he turned it on and we stat the on the table waiting for the plane to come back. In freaking-credible is all I can say. And oh yes, the picture FPV screen was exceptionally clear too. What a day to see something neat like that...........me likie!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:53 AM
JPEE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!

Wahoo you are a whopping 22 today. It seems like it was last month we were talking about you hitting the big 21. Congratulations, if you don't watch out you might catch up to me........ LOL

John
Old 01-20-2012, 05:43 AM
evdreamer

John,

Thanks.

That FPV setup sounds cool. AMA wouldn't like it that he lost sight of the plane. That GPS thing sounds cool.

I use blue loctite on all screws except the boom support screws. I can clean up the threads by using my fingernail with the blue loctite.

Nick
Old 01-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Good morning guys...and Happy 22nd Birthday Nick!! I hope you have the day off from school to enjoy.

Been busy with training at the new job so have had little time to get online. You guys sure have been busy.

Nick...sorry to hear of the snow, hope it melts soon.

JPEE, sounds like you had a terrific day of seeing what pretty much comes close to the Air Force Predator setup. Very cool and probably very expensive too.

Good catch on the 700 preflight checks.

Mark
Old 01-20-2012, 12:11 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

No, unfortunately I had to go to school today. I also forgot to ask for today off from work, so I have to go in soon.

I got my other charger yesterday and made a connector for it last night. I still need to solder some wires onto my power supply, so I can have both chargers hooked up to the power supply.

Last night I got an idea on how to accurately measure each cell in a 7S battery. So I have been trying to see if it was possible or not today. Now I have another project that will have to go on the back burner until this semester is over.[&o]

Nick
Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!

Sorry you had to go to school on your B-day...[>:]

Sounds like the new Whiplash is doing great, congrats on the new heli, and congrats on the new aerial photography job too...

JPEE,

Hope you and Judy are enjoying the new iPad....you can't go wrong with the iPad 2, plus the iPad 3 is going to be tough to get when it's first released, just like all new Apple releases...

I hope to get one, but I'll have to take the day off of work and wait in a huge line if I want one the first day..

Mark,

So glad to hear you are at the new job and in training....gotta be a huge relief....that was not a nice New Year's surprise at all!![X(]

Hope you can find some time after the training period to settle down with the helis for awhile...

Not much new here guys, middle of winter, and not much going on....

Hope you guys have a nice week ahead....

Glenn
Old 01-24-2012, 03:27 PM
JPEE

Hi Glenn,

A lesson for you and other iPhone owners. Shortly after getting my new 4S I started having trouble with the phone when it touched my ear... disconnecting my call, muting my call, putting call 1 on hold and dialing a second call from my contacts list and on and on. So today we walked into the Apple store to give them some "what for". While the nice lad is scheduling my appointment he asked what my problems was. I told him I had searched for a remedy for my ear touching the phone and making it go nuts. I told him that I had read where many people have this issue. I further explained that per the Apple Forum I deleted and re-installed everything in the phone as a new set up. I was told from what I read that this would help the proximity detector to my ear. He asked to see the phone. Just above the ear opening in the phone he noticed I have an small orange piece 1/8" x 1/4" of tape (tracking tape). He asked whats that for? I told him so I can tell my phone from my wifes! He said that the ear sensor is BEHIND my tape lol.[X(] We peeled it off and I made call after call to Judy there in the store and did everything to the phone, rubbing it on my ear, waving it around turning it 180 and I could not make the call get buggered at all. U-REKA the phone works. Before I got this case and right after bought them I had the same tape on the outside of the phone near the ear jack hole, but that is on the metal part. But then after the case went on I couldnt see it anymore so I added the second pice on the glass. He also added that some cheaper screen save covers have the same effect of buggering up the phone. What a life lesson hey?

This morning sitting in the doctors office I watched TV.COM on my phone. You can watch many shows and it makes for a good time killer. On the iPAD we have TV.COM, CBS and TIMEWARNER which is our Cable Co. and two of them let you watch "live" tv.

I have been working on the 500 and have gotten the VBAR in but could not to save my butt get the servos to come out right in their action yesterday. Today, I took another stab and got them all working in the right order BUT............. when I move the heli the VBAR's actions are backwards. This happend on the 700, I just need to remember what I did....(oh crap) lol. So I stepped away today and will hit it again Friday. Tomorrow is supposed to be a clear weather fly day and Thursday Judy has bigtime foot surgery, we are talking pins and screws, not a hang-nail. So once that is done I'll be around home for several days and jump back on the 500.

Smiles Guys
Old 01-24-2012, 04:35 PM
evdreamer

John,

Good luck on the 500. I hope Judy has a quick recovery after the surgery.

Nick
Old 01-24-2012, 05:11 PM
JPEE

Thanks Nick for the kind wishes.

Here is something interesting I found out. When I placed my ad on Craig's I attached two "private" You Tube videos. Interestingly I find that when I go to You Tube I can count the hits to the video. That tells me how many people clicked on my link in the ad. Pretty neat huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lykUc5lCSsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH1wLsou9LU

John
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 AM
evdreamer

John,

Yeah, that is cool to see how many people are looking at your ad.

Nick
Old 01-25-2012, 06:49 PM
JPEE

Guys,

I sold the 500 today and the aluminum carry case for it. He was nice that I threw in a old Blade 400 for him to learn with. He has not flown!

Yahoooeeeee
Old 01-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Your a great guy to include an older Blade 400 with the 500 sale...not too many would do that. Kudo's to you for going the extra mile to help out a newbe.

Sorry to hear about Judy's upcoming surgery...this month has been a hum dinger for you two with medical procedures. Glad you were able to pass the time at the doc's office with your phone TV. Was there an accident that requires pins and screws? As you said, that is big time surgery and I wish the best and speedy recovery for her. She is blessed to have you by her side throughout all of this. I'll definitely be thinking of you today.

Mark

Old 01-27-2012, 08:59 AM
evdreamer

John,

That is good news you sold your 500.

Nick
Old 01-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE, hope everything is ok at home and you are taking care of the misses after the procedure.

Nick,

Have you had the chance to use your new charger yet? Sorry school is so busy for you this semester...when is Spring Break?

Glenn,

Glad to hear your doing well this winter. Spring will be here before you know it.

Looks like this is going to be a rough heli year for me...another crash for the Protos today. And just rebuilt. Got the static issue worked out and was halfway through the initial hover when I decided to do a flip. 3 months of no flying, no canopy on, and no expo dialed in was just a recipe for disaster. The thing flipped so darn fast I barely had time to react...nose in to asphalt (not pretty). Needless to say I will be having quite a bit of experience rebuilding this thing when its all done. Experiencerc is going to be very happy with me.

Mark
Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

I dropped the hammer last night and bought an RJX head complete for my 500 rather than waiting a month for the other one I wanted that is back ordered because of Chinese New Years . As I said before, after thinking it over why spend $120.00 for a backup FBL heli when I can spent $70.00 on a Forum where I got not only the head but the linkage rods, balls, and head block super duty dampners all NIB from this guy who bought them and then did not use. Beyond the head it self the other added stuff is Align so this should be a good venture after all. I should have it by the end of next week.

Thanks for mentioning Judy! Today she finally is able to get to the bathroom on her own power but slowly. The rest of her past three days has been in bed with her foot up. But in the end, she is doing better, thanks again.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:10 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

Yeah, I used the new charger a few days ago. I hooked both chargers in parallel with both power supplies. They were able to charge both of my Whiplash batteries at 20A, which is the max current for both chargers. The LCD isn't as bright as the LCD on my older charger.

I haven't checked when Spring break is yet. I had to train a guy on 3rd shift this weekend, so I was able to get most of my HW done.

Yesterday I worked on refining some math routines and LCD routines for my microcontrollers. I also wrote a routine to find the square root of a number. It is only precise to 4 digits, but that isn't too bad considering my microcontrollers were only meant to use numbers up to 255.

Thursday looks promising to do some 3D with the Whiplash, so I hope the weather turns out as nice as predicted.

Sorry you crashed the Protos, least it wasn't caused by ESD this time.

John,

That is a good deal on the 500 head.

That is good Judy is doing better after the surgery.

Nick
Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Oh man, I am so sorry that your Protos came down again! I hope the rebuild with go smoothly for you. Yes Expereince RC contacted me and ask for my blessings on the addition of the MARK wing for Protos parts they are adding on. Mine is at HeliHobby and is two stories in size! LOL To be dead honest I have not flown in two weeks with all of this other stuff going on and thought yesterday that IF i were to fly, I would have to go slow and easy because my thumbs have lost a lot. For now I dont know when I'll get back, perhaps another week or so.

Nick, glad the chargers worked out for you. Sounds good that you tightened up your "routines too"

JPEE
Old 01-31-2012, 10:14 AM
evdreamer

John,

I finally got to do 3D with the Whiplash. I went to my field to find out my combo didn't unlock the gate. I looked closer at my card and it said the combo is effective on the 1st of Feb.[&o] It has always worked on the 1st of Jan in the past, so I was quite upset. It is pretty nice outside and I had a short day at school. I ended up going to a local baseball field and got one flight in. The field got small real fast, but I had a lot of fun. The v5.2 firmware is a lot better than the v4 that I used to fly with. I didn't notice any bad side effects doing fast tic tocs and piro flips. I didn't have enough room to try fast foward flight or the piro moves I like to do, so I don't know how the settings will work with that yet. I am liking how quick the cyclic is on the vbar. I was able to do tic tocs with very little effort and collective. I like the Kontronik govenor. I only heard the RPM drop once. The Whiplash is a beast with power to spare. I am going to have a lot of fun with the helicopter.

Nick
Old 01-31-2012, 04:21 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

John,

I finally got to do 3D with the Whiplash. I went to my field to find out my combo didn't unlock the gate. OH CRAP!I looked closer at my card and it said the combo is effective on the 1st of Feb.[&o] It has always worked on the 1st of Jan in the past, so I was quite upset.AND YOU SOULD BE TOO. I AM SORRY THAT HAPPEND TO YOU [] It is pretty nice outside and I had a short day at school. I ended up going to a local baseball field and got one flight in. The field got small real fast, but I had a lot of fun. The v5.2 firmware is a lot better than the v4 that I used to fly with. I'LL BET. I HAVE 5.0 IN THE 700 AND I PUT 5.2 INTO THE 500. STILL WAITING ON THE HEAD TO FINISH THAT SET UP.I didn't notice any bad side effects doing fast tic tocs and piro flips. I didn't have enough room to try fast foward flight or the piro moves I like to do, so I don't know how the settings will work with that yet. I am liking how quick the cyclic is on the vbar. I was able to do tic tocs with very little effort and collective. I like the Kontronik govenor. I only heard the RPM drop once. The Whiplash is a beast with power to spare. I am going to have a lot of fun with the helicopter.YES NICK, THE KONTRONIK GOV IS REALLY SMOOTH

Nick

JPEE
Old 02-02-2012, 01:43 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

My new RJX head arrived I bought at HF. Everything is new and in the bag. I opened everything of course to peer in there to see what I bought. I hope to start tomorrow.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15751.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1722507  
Old 02-02-2012, 06:11 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is cool you got your FBL head today.

Nick
Old 02-03-2012, 03:52 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

John,

First off...love your new avatar!!

The RJX head looks great...I bet it will perform just as good as the Align head and for what, half the cost?!

I don't know if Experience will be able to start on multiple stories (like Helihobby ) with all my purchases but maybe my next few flights I'll have some restraint and slow down = less crashes.

Glad to hear Judy is recovering nicely.

Nick,

3D with a 700 in a baseball field??? Did you feel the bladewash?

Glad you had a chance to toss her around, now that it's Feb you should have access to your field again. Do they change the combo each year?

Made my order for Protos parts...now the waiting game. It wasn't actually all that bad, but I did lose the ICE 75 that was up front. It wound up smoking when I was doing a test of the electronics. I'm sending it back to CC for repair and since I have the ICE 100 lying around will use that. I did a double check with the ICE 100 to make sure nothing in the electronics was the cause for the 75 smoking and all was fine, so I guess the 75 took a hit in the crash that caused it...afterall, the crash was into concrete.

Mark

Old 02-03-2012, 03:54 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

John,

First off...love your new avatar!!

The RJX head looks great...I bet it will perform just as good as the Align head and for what, half the cost?!

I don't know if Experience will be able to start on multiple stories (like Helihobby ) with all my purchases but maybe my next few flights I'll have some restraint and slow down = less crashes.

Glad to hear Judy is recovering nicely.

Nick,

3D with a 700 in a baseball field??? Did you feel the bladewash?

Glad you had a chance to toss her around, now that it's Feb you should have access to your field again. Do they change the combo each year?

Made my order for Protos parts...now the waiting game. It wasn't actually all that bad, but I did lose the ICE 75 that was up front. It wound up smoking when I was doing a test of the electronics. I'm sending it back to CC for repair and since I have the ICE 100 lying around will use that. I did a double check with the ICE 100 to make sure nothing in the electronics was the cause for the 75 smoking and all was fine, so I guess the 75 took a hit in the crash that caused it...afterall, the crash was into concrete.

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.