Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 01:17 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hi Nick,

I am so glad you enjoyed the E part of the heli over nitro. We saw the weather this morning and it looked very cold your way. Here is it sunny and cool. Tomorrow is supposed to be with light rain.
On the charging thing, when I went ot the field last week for the first time in three weeks I was a bit skeptical in charging my batteries. Why? because the wind was blowing here in the wind tunnel we live in. But over at the field I have no idea. So I charged one 700 tray in 14 minutes. Then with my generator and battery charger I drove over. The wind was just a breeze there so I started the charger first thing. Then I unloaded my truck and shorty later took my flight. By the time that was done my second tray was done. Then I put the just used tray and my third tray both on the charger at 30 amps, which equals 7.5 amps per my four batteries. They took a bit longer of course but considering I had already flown twice and then those two trays plus while waiting to fly I charged the last pack it all worked out very well and I came home with all trays used and ready for shelfing until next time out and I think I flew 5-6 time.... not sure. I just "hate" coming home and pulling batteries down in discharge mode.[] I know have 35 flights on my 700! Plus I have on thos packs another 5 bench cycles to break in the batteries too! I am very pleased with these GEN ACES to sat the least.

OBTW I havent tac'ed my heli but this time I bumped up the head to about 2,000. As I keep learning to fly this big ship harder and harder I find that I need more power to make her feel good.

Glad your having fun Nick, take care
Old 02-23-2012, 01:25 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Been a bit busy here lately....we have one guy on vacation for 2 weeks, so there is only 2 of us here at work...which can be good... but sometimes gets a bit hectic...[X(]

The weahter here is unreal, it's supposed to be 70 today, and I think it's almost there now....but it won't last long, a nice cold front is on the way for the weekend...

Not much new here, haven't heard much of anything about MHA, the heli club I used to belong to. Last I heard they were still looking for a new field...

Hope you guys are having some fun, Nick, sounds like you are having a blast with the 700 size heli now...great for you!

Probably a ways off here from breaking out the helis....but it sure is nice weather while it lasts!

Take care you guys....talk to ya later on!

Glenn
Old 02-23-2012, 01:48 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

I am at the files now when your post came in. I just got
my third flight in after making throttle curve changes.

By
Old 02-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi all,

Taking a few moments to check in and see how everyone's doing. Been a rough week...the weather has been up and down temp wise and both my son and wife got sick so its been interesting to say the least. [] Looks better now so I have a chance to get caught up.

JPEE,

thanks for the info on the DVD/audio burner thing. I'll have to check it out a bit later but nice of you to send me the material. Glad your getting more flight time in and I'm sure Judy is up and going by now.

Nick,

I see you now have a new favorite heli...is it much larger then the Velocity that your used to?

Sorry about all the reading but hey, that's what they do to you in school...reading overload. And remember, your paying for this too. Hang in there...Spring Break will be here soon.

Glenn,

Hope you guys up there can sort out this field issue. Nice that your sharing some of my Floridian weather...70's in Feb is amazing.

Not much here in the realm of heli repair...got all the parts and with the family getting back to normal I can get back to finishing it. Just got the head left to work on.

Take care everyone,

Mark
Old 02-24-2012, 07:28 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

I am sorry to hear the family is down with the "misery" but as you said..... they are on the up-swing, thank goodness!

A quick note to say I was flying the 700 and yesterday and went inverted. Then the heli started to come down like a loss of power. I went to wide open while inverted and that did next to nothing and while this was in progress they was a loud fluttering from the heli. So I had to roll over to an upright position to regain control. The fluttering stopped and I brought in the heli pronto. As I landed and the skids hit the ground the fluttering started again for a moment. I thought something was caught in the blades or rubbing the main gears, but not so. What I found you will see in the 30 sec video. It appears that the shims they provided to suck up the slop in the main shaft to stop the up and down motion disintegrated! I won't know until Saturday when I go deep into the heli. Bottom line this is not a critical issue and can be solved with some ease and not very much money.

Take care

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOa3tzd7GgA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Old 02-24-2012, 08:48 AM
evdreamer

John,

That is cool you have 35+ flights on your 700. I am liking the Gen Aces as well. I don't know how they will do when I need to give full collective during a move, but so far they have enough power where I barely need any collective to do most of my moves. I forgot to say I started trying traveling tic tocs the last time I was out. Those need a lot of work, since there is a lot going on.

That is good you were able to save your 700. My Velocity used a really soft metal for the shim, so over time it would get squished and it would develop slop. My Whiplash doesn't use any collars or shims to get rid of the slop. It just uses the main gear hub and an adjustable third bearing block to remove the slop. So far it has been working pretty good.

Glenn,

It sounds like you are pretty busy at work.

That is cool you are having 70 degree weather.

Mark,

Sorry your family was sick.

I haven't compared my Whiplash to my Velocity, since my Velocity is buried in a work room. It is only a little taller than my Furion 6 and a few inches longer than the Furion 6. I can feel the weight difference between the Furion 6 and Whiplash.

One of the club members helps out a mechanical engineering group at my school. They have been competing for a few years to build electric RC airplanes to carryout various missions/goals. Right now they are working on a plane that has four motors and they are having a problem with that. So I am going to try and help out with the electronics side of the project sometime next week.

Nick
Old 02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

I think that is what happed to me too, that the shims just faded away. So far for my use the GENs are really great. Your flying style is far greater than mine so the amps you need I hope will still be there when needed. I got done with my chores a bit early so I might tear into the 700 today. The weather here today is drop dead beautiful, there is no other way to say it.
I checked my head speed on the 700 yesterday and it was at 1875. I bumped it up a bit and really like it. As you said, when you throw the pitch at it I want a response and not a bogg. I can see I might go a bit more later on too. Much more than that for my skill would be just a waste of the battery.

I am glad your happy with your Whiplash. That would be cool if you can join fellow students on their RC venture at your College.

JPEE - OUT!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:27 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I "laid hands upon it" the 700 that is and tore the one-way assy down. It was then I noticed the top radial bearing was pushed in a bit from my 3D flying throwing stress inward and out after the top bearing block bearing had moved outward smushing everything down. I am not concerned that bearing will ever move again because I set it back into place with a "to perfect size" socket and put it down inside the one-way bearing hub and gently tapped it back towards the top of the gear which moved the radial back to its position and then re assy and it is perfect. This was all due to my installing the top block upside down which let the main bearing slid out of the block and move down towards the main gears. Wheeeeeeew, what a break I was blessed with, this could have been catastrophic. The red arrow shows the bearing after I brought it back up to the top of the main gear. She is back together and ready for a flight after the weather comes back. Blowing hard here and possible rain by Monday[]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57033.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1731836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17267.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	1731837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16474.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1731838  
Old 02-27-2012, 04:36 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

That sounded like one close call...good job on the save and from being inverted too. Glad that the fix wasn't too difficult, bet you'll be in the air again in no time. Hope the weather looks better by the middle of the week.

Nick,

Congrats on your traveling tic-tocs...doesn't matter if they aren't spot on right now b/c you'll have them looking like the pros do them soon.

I hope you are able to help out with the mechanical engineering groups project and get it... 'off the ground'. 4 motors...are they doing some kind of bomber type aircraft that has 4 engines or is this a totally different kind of design? Either way sounds interesting and I'm sure they are happy to have an electrical engineer and pilot on board.

Mark

Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

I am not sure what this years design looks like, but last year it used twin motors, twin tails, and a tube shape for the fuselage. One of the goals last year was to carry a lot of small balls in the fuselage. There is a video on youtube, but I can't remember where. I got an email today saying they figured their issue out, so right now they don't need help from me.

Nick
Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 AM
JPEE

There loss Nick, that is a promise!

Hey Glenn, Mark
Old 03-01-2012, 05:38 PM
JPEE

Hello Boys,

Well it started out pretty clear here today in the high 50s to 61. That is not bad if you stand in the sun. I dropped by the field with my 500-700 and looked around and all in all it was a pretty good day for flying so I charged there at the field. With my Honda Gen and my iCharger I can charge a double pack tray of Gen Aces 5300's for the 700 in 16 minutes, I love it! So I got in two 700 flights and the same with the 500.

STORY:
Just as I was packed up to go and getting ready to crawl up in my diesel, I here a plane coming close. I look up and this Hobby King Bixler with a 1400 mm wing is coming right at me and my windshield. I crouched down with one hand on the seat and the other on my door which was open and I bent down for protection. Then BANG! ! and I thought that sucker is planted in my hood. However, when I looked up the plane had hit the metal roof of the shade canopy over the table just in front of my truck and then veered off of the roof and came down next to my right front wheel without touching my truck........ thank goodness. Before I saw the plane I heard OH CRAP OH CRAP I AM OUT OF CONTROL WHOOOO from the pilot on the other side of the table and canopy out on the runway. Wheeeew is all I can say. The plane, a foamy, showed no real damage as it hit on the nose and wing tip and then slid and rolled to a stop.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_sUeGC-8dyk[/youtube]
Old 03-02-2012, 08:56 AM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you and your truck weren't hurt/damaged. I hope that pilot is a member of AMA if he causes any future property/bodily damage.

Nick
Old 03-02-2012, 09:35 AM
JPEE

Thanks Nick,

As a matter of fact he is, we even discussed it!

John
Old 03-02-2012, 03:22 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I had the day off work, so I decided to take advantage and go out flying. It was about 40 degrees with the wind chill and 20+MPH winds. It was a lot easier to fly the Whiplash in these kind of winds than my other helis. I only got three flights in before the cold started to get to me. It was fun to relax and fly again.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:14 AM
JPEE

WOW......... Nick, your thumbs must have been frozen solid after that flight. I too was flying in the cold as I posted one day last week and between the wind and gray ready to rain skies two of folded up and came home with cold into out bones!

I am glad you got out and some fun in at best. It is nice that helis our size and with the on board power we have at 12S can fly in these windy conditions without much effort. But the cold ICK!

JPEE
Old 03-04-2012, 02:43 AM
Aframomum

What's up guys?

I think RCU has been having some issues b/c the past 2 mornings before work I've tried to log on but just got an internal error message everytime... This morning things seem to be working again.

JPEE,

What a close call you had with the runaway plane...was it pilot error or a mechanical issue that caused him to lose control? You have been getting a lot of flights in with your semi-new 700.

Nick,

I have to give kudos to you for flying in that kind of weather...I don't think I can fly in anything less than 60 degrees now. Sounds like it was a nice day for the big bird to stretch out.

Now I'm the one feeling left out since I can't do the membership for the 700 club.

But I can say that I'm back to flying with my Protos...finally got everything fixed and got to fly the past 2 days after work. It is nice to be flying again. I am very rusty so have been keeping things very simple...just basic circuits and everything upright.

I did have a few flights with my trusty old Zero until the one light pole in the area just reached out and grabbed her.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35347.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1734789  
Old 03-04-2012, 11:00 AM
evdreamer

John,

My hands weren't frozen, but they were pretty cold with some light gloves on.

Mark,

I was having problems getting onto RCU the past few days too.

That is good you are flying the protos again.

Sorry about your plane. It sounds like John's poles have moved to your area.

Nick
Old 03-04-2012, 11:17 AM
JPEE

Hi Nick and Mark,

I sure was sorry to see your plane broken up Mark! But it is nice to see you're flying your helicopter again and she is on good shape.

Nick, you're a bad boy lol to remember me hitting the light poles at the Park 3 to 4 times. Yes they can come out and grab you from quite a distance, I think they have their own legs.

And by the way, yes you're both right trying to login and get on RC universe has been extremely difficult over the last several days.

It is going to be 85° here today and it has a good start right now. However, the wind is still blowing 25-30 mph and has been for the last three days. So there will be no flying for me. Perhaps in a day or two.

My big news is, I found a guy on RunRyder who was letting go of tons and tons of 700 parts NIB. He he bought a bunch of 700s NIB and then opened them up and is parting them out. I bought frames and miscellaneous parts for $350 that retailed with sales tax for $570! ! For me this was a dream come true to be able to buy brand-new parts and set them aside. We all know someday the 700 will sustained some damage and now I am prepared at a discount price.

Take care you guys, bye

Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 AM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

I saw one of the saddest things today just after pulling up to the field. A friend was just taking off in a big Mustang with a gas motor. As you know I don't know much when it comes to planes but this plane was about 30" on the wing and had a "something" 91 engine in it. Anyway he takes off for what I found out later was his 5th flight. He got up in the air and the banked a bit left to circle the field. The after he completed that turn from left to right and back around going left again he yelled out I HAVE NO CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another seasoned pilot ran out there to help t no avail. The plane circled the field in a circle with a slight elevator lift. Well she climbed as well as drifted to the west. It was overcast and as we watched and hoped he run out of fuel the plane finally started up into the clouds. Then every so often would drop low enough to see it. Then finally......... that sickening moment came, it was gone! Meanwhile I had taken my iPhone and turned on my compass to get a bearing about where we saw it disappear. We three stood there and waited and at some point we hoped it would run out of fuel. Then we "thought" way off we saw it come down in a spiral like a cork screw. Then I shot that degree again but it was so far off and either in or next to the mountains. So we got in the diesel and drove through the housing tracts to where we could see the mountains and canyons. We checked the trees and drove around for several miles before he said, it gone, let's go back the field.
[]
Old 03-06-2012, 12:14 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is too bad it has been windy there to enjoy the weather. It got into the 60's today here.

That is cool you got some discounted 700 parts.

That is too bad about that guy's plane. I assume he didn't have a failsafe on the receiver to kill the engine or it might have been caused by some other mechanical/electrical issue.

Nick
Old 03-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I can imagine the sickening feeling your flying bud is feeling. Seriously though, the guy needs to go to a local airport that services cessna type aircraft (or something similar) and ask if any local pilots can do a flyover with him of the suspected area the plane went down. (Your layout is mostly rough terrain with little tree coverage right?) A 91 size aircraft is coming close to what a 700 is cost-wise so he may have to front over some cash but it will be well worth it in the long run considering its found. Either way it doesn't hurt to at least ask.

Well guys,

I've had to learn to land all over again. This heli is a bit bouncy and since I'm flying with no tail fin (long story but my son got hold of it when it was laying around and its gone forever...new one in route but couldn't wait for it to fly ) I am having to be extra careful during the setdown. Today I just practiced landings and actually had a good time with it...coming in and landing with one skid or landing with the heli in a nosedown attitude...kind of a cool thing to practice.

I have been also doing a bit of research since losing my Zero to a lightpole (I did reglue the Zero back together and now my son plays with it - I'm surprised but he's really careful with it ) and am looking for a replacement plane. I am staying with GWS and decided on their P40 - a bit larger then my old Zero plus my son loves to watch daddy fly and I feel more comfortable and can keep an eye on him with my plane then with my heli.

Wow Nick, looks like Spring is coming to Nebraska...better get the Whiplash out there.

Mark
Old 03-09-2012, 07:17 AM
JPEE

Wind Wind and more Wind, day after day, I am going nuts sitting in the house 24-7
Old 03-09-2012, 10:29 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Finally got a chance to catch up at work, and check in...

Nick,

Glad you had a break in your schedule, and got a chance to fly the Whiplash...even if it was quite chilly....but 40 degrees isn't too bad considering the time of year, and your location...glad you got to relax some.

JPEE,

Sounds like you've witnessed a few mishaps with some planes lately! Glad you didn't suffer any personal or property damage on the close call. That is a shame on the loss of that big plane, must have been pretty traumatic for the owner...at least with helis, it's usually all over with rather quickly....not so long and drawn out..

Mark,

Sorry about the light pole....I've had a few close calls with them myself....once I got out way too far with my old B400....and was going past a light pole...and to this day I still don't know if the heli was on THIS side of the pole, or the far side...but it missed..

Sounds like good practice....landings....I have done that before, just gone up and down, practicing landings...did a few nose in....kinda hairy stuff!

Hope you guys are all well. Everything is fine here, had some awesome spring-like weather yesterday (70), but the wind was hellacious....I guess like the old saying about March...."in like a lion, out like a lamb"...we'll see I guess...

Take care you guys....

Glenn
Old 03-10-2012, 06:32 PM
JPEE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtEOUr3O32A[/youtube]

I finally got a nice day before the rain starts tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.