Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:57 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Hey, sorry to hear all the servo issues...hopefully you can get them resolved soon.

I am not sure on the S75 or DS285 question, but I can check for you if you want, I can measure the openings on the Gaui's frame and then measure the DS285's in the B400 if you want?

Now, refresh my memory, are the S75's the stock CPP servos? I think the B400 servos are DS75's, correct? I can also look at that and see, but I want to be sure.

Let me know, and I'll at the very minimum give you the servo mounting hole dimensions, and we can go from there.

I opened the Phoenix....and it's not too impressive yet...only one CD-ROM, and the adaptor. No instructions...the G4 came with a whole book, and 4 CD-ROM's...but I'm not going to judge a book by it's cover just yet...I'll see later on tonight.

Let me know on the servo stuff, and I'll be glad to check it out for you...

Glenn
Old 09-30-2008, 04:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Your B-400 video was awesome ! So....... Is it ever not windy there ?!...Lol... I heard guys talking this morning over in the plank threads of RCU not letting them be able to log on also... Even Soloboss was having issues also..

Nick ~

Getting anxious ?! Stomach turning a little ? Can't sleep at night perhaps ?! [8D] I bet your excited.... Can't wait to hear everything you have to say about it....

~ Jeff
Old 09-30-2008, 05:15 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I just dug up an old RS75 servo from the CPP, and it almost for sure will not fit the Gaui's servo openings. It is about 2MM too wide, and the mounting screw holes are quite a bit different, with the HiTec 45's having a wider "footprint" on the holes.

It would most certainly not be a drop in fit, I'm not going to say it can't be done....but it doesn't look like it would be at all easy.

Let me grab the B400 for a look see...

Glenn
Old 09-30-2008, 05:19 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Here are some approximate specs;

Width;

Elflite S75 - 11.5mm

DS285 - 11.3mm

HiTec 45 - 9.9mm

Mounting hole center to center;

Elfite S75 - 27.3mm

HiTec 45 - 28.4mm

They may work...but it would definately take some work to get them to fit.

Good luck with it, and let me know how you make out with it when you get to that point.

Glenn
Old 09-30-2008, 05:19 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I am anxious. I don't know if you read this yet, but I am having some servo gear problems with my S60 servos.

Glenn,

On Readyheli they say the S60's work, so I was going to go with those. I put the other servos I have three of the S75's and DS285's and they don't look too different in size. The DS285's are a little smaller than the S60's. I will post some comparison pics later. I really don't want to buy some more servos, but I will see what I will do once the airframe comes.

Yeah the S75's are from the CPP. Yeah I think you are right that the B400 uses the digital version of the S75.

Thanks for offering to help out so much. I am pretty sure I can get the DS285's to fit since they are smaller. That would be kind of cool if they did work since they are digital.

Sorry to hear the Phoenix sim isn't what you have expected so far. Like you said hopefully it will be better once you use it. FSOne also had four discs.

Nick
Old 09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I took a pic, to show you that there is precious little room to work with the servos...hope this helps some.

Glenn

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94607.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1043887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88946.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1043888  
Old 09-30-2008, 05:40 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Thanks for the pics.

Here are some specs of the servos.
S75- Dimensions (L x W x H): .90 x .45 x .94 in (23 x 12 x 24mm)
S60- Dimensions (L x W x H): .93 x .39 x .74 in (23 x 10 x 19mm)
285- Dimensions (WxLxH): 0.45"x0.87"x0.85"
HS-45- Size: 0.92" x 0.38" x 0.88"

By looking at those it doesn't seem like I will be able to use the 285 or S75. Now I need to see what E-Flite is going to say/do about the servo gears.

Nick
Old 09-30-2008, 06:41 PM
evdreamer

I got back from a flight with the T-Rex and I think I am getting the hard direction for me of the funnel with the tail down and going CW down. And I tried a new variation of the Funnel figure 8 where I rotate in the center so the nose or tail is facing up or down through the figure 8. I love that there are endless possibilities for different variations of the same move.

Helistyle must be loving his backyard for flying and/or busy with other stuff.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:59 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Just got back from the LHS....with a brand new heli, an MCX!!

Scott held one for me, good thing, because he only got 4 BNF's in, and they were all sold except for this one, which he held for me.

I haven't even opened it yet, just got in!

He also said he's not getting any more in until mi- October, so I'm glad I went and checked when I did tonight!

Now I have an RC toy overload! I was hoping to spread the new toys over a few days..but I got it all at once....

I'll let you know how it is in a little bit when I get it out of the box...

Glenn
Old 09-30-2008, 07:01 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Oh yeah, sounds awesome on the funnels, you sure are getting good at them...practice makes perfect!

I took the Gaui out for a quick spin-up on the way to the LHS...and I LIKE the higher head speed, it is much more stable that way. I didn't get much of a chance to actually fly it, but the hover is much better, even in a little bit of wind.

Glenn
Old 09-30-2008, 07:03 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Cool on the purchase of the MCX... And guess what ?.... You have a video cam now ! Sooooo..... Yes, we'll be expecting video....[8D]
Old 09-30-2008, 07:24 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear you got the MCX. Before I got to Jeff's post I was also thinking we need a VIDEO. I bet Youtube is going to see a lot of MCX videos popping up in the next few days. I forgot to check if my LHS got any in when I was at there this morning.

I have heard that some people can fly the Gaui just fine in the wind and others can't. I am wondering if it is because of the headspeed since you are getting good results from it.

Oh someone on RCGroups got a hold of a manual of the Gaui flybarless system and it doesn't seem that hard to setup compared to other ones I have seen. That might be a project for me next year. I am just worried about the spindle on the flybarless head. I haven't seen any replacements of it yet, so I wouldn't want to crash with it.

Nick
Old 09-30-2008, 07:35 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Eh...... We may not hear from Glenn for a bit...... I think he's playin' with it now....Lol...
Old 09-30-2008, 08:12 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

BUMMER!!!

Looks like I got a LEMON!! ARRRRGGGHHH!!!

I charged the pack (LOL, not much of a pack!)....bound it to the DX6i per the instructions, and spooled it up...

Everything was great, had to reverse the rudder, and all seemed good until I checked the elevator "servo"....I have no elevator action at all...aileron, main motors, all else is OK.

I rebound 3 times, at least...nudged the little servo gears, nothing.

Checked the monitor on the DX6i....and I have aileron and elevator indications on the monitor screen...so all looks OK.

Rebound again, twice, and nudged the servo/motor again some....nothing.

I called Scott at the LHS just before they closed....and they are going to TRY to get me another one from another store tomorrow, but he didn't sound too hopeful since they are very scarce around here.

So we'll see...

Chaulk up another one to Eflite electronics!

It's possible, I suppose that I am doing something wrong, but I sure don't know what it would be...especially with the monitor showing movement on the aileron and elevator....should be translating to movement of the servo...

Any ideas?

SIGH...

Glenn
Old 09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
rotarydoc

Guys,

I will say that for the very short duration of fligh that I did get out of it...it looks like it will be a BLAST to fly!!

I'm going to the back up plan....installing the Phoenix sim!!! LOL!!

Glenn
Old 09-30-2008, 08:35 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear about the MCX. It sounds like both of us aren't having good luck with helicopter stuff today. But I am still having more luck with E-Flite and Align products than all the lemons I got with some E-Sky stuff. Hope everything works out for you with the MCX.

I can't believe I missed the second and third post of yours from the top. I thought I read everything. It was very helpfull.

Hope the Phoenix sim turns out to work great for you.

Nick
Old 09-30-2008, 08:51 PM
J-MICHAEL

Geez, I type a whole big message, and it didn't go through !!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that ! I ALWAYS copy it just in case as I know better, and here this one time I don't...AAAARRRRGGHHH !

Anyway, very short.... Glenn ~ You just have a flawed one that's all... Your doing it right. Hopefully they can replace it for ya....

~ Jeff
Old 09-30-2008, 09:22 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn.

And idea? Try "just because" rebinding the micro cx to your CX2 transmitter, they are compatable! Its worth a try, could be the micro cx doesn't like the DX6i?

JPee
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, there for a minute, I thought JPEE was onto something....when I bound it to the CX2 transmitter, it did work...for about 3 seconds...then it quit, and I couldn't get it to work again, despite try a rebind like 3 more times.

But I did discover something...you know how when you put pressure on a servo arm while it's powered up, it kinda feeds back resistance to the pressure you are applying? Well, this one is doing that, in fact if I keep just a little pressure on the gear, and move the elevator stick, I can feel the servo motor trying to move...but it won't. So I think it's getting a good radio signal, just has a problem in the servo motor.

On a brighter note....I finally got Phoenix installed and working...took some doing to figure the radio configuration out...just like setting up a real heli does!

I will say, I am very, very impressed so far. It's hard to describe exactly why...but it feels more realistic. I can't really explain it...it just does. Plus it's very cool to be using your own transmitter, it feels more like I'm actually flying my helis.

It's realistic in the fact that you have to trim each heli using the radio's trims, and it helps alot for getting used to using the radio's switches and so forth, that will come in handy when I start using idle up, to get used to the switch operation and location.

I have no idea how they fit all that detail and graphics on one CD-ROM, but they do...there is one really cool flying place, it's inside a big gym...and the detail is amazing! I took it all the way up the to rafters, and hit the ceiling, and the resulting crash was very cool and realistic looking!

There is no B400 on the disc...I think it's a download on the website...can't wait to try that out....man, the T-Rex 600 electric on this thing is so sweet to fly, and the one field reminds me of the club's field, and when I was practicing, it seemed like I was watching at the flying field! Very cool!

So, I'm gonna give the LHS a call in the morning, and hope that they can get me another MCX...like I said, for the very short time I did have to fly it, it looks very promising!

Glenn
Old 09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear that the Phoenix sim is really good and your having fun with it. Hopefully you can get another MCX tomorrow. Then you will probably be in Heli heaven.

Nick
Old 09-30-2008, 10:43 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks, this sim is awesome. I went online, but I couldn't find anyone flying right now....but I was in an online session, I'll be that will be very cool when I can find some people flying, you can chat with them as well.

I was just playing with some watercraft...there are a couple of helis with floats on the skids, and one rescue one that is scale, and looks super cool...and it will float on water, but it doesn't look like it would...lots of fun!!

Hope you get your Gaui tomorrow, and you'll be in heli heaven too!

Glenn
Old 09-30-2008, 11:03 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

For that online session do you use a microphone or type to chat? It sounds like there is a lot of fun stuff to do on the sim. Have you downloaded any helicopters or flying areas yet?

Yeah I will still have fun with the Gaui even without the cyclic servos. I can still setup the tail and adjust the pushrods to the lengths in the manual. I still don't know how close the Gaui is too me since USPS hasn't updated the tracking since 4PM on the 29th.

Nick
Old 10-01-2008, 08:35 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

well this is the first time I have been on in about a week, moved into the new house but haven't unpacked everything seeing every room needs to be painted along with each ceiling, I have been up untill 4am painting and such for the last 3 days so I can't get everything unpacked and back to normal. I haven't flown in about a week as well all my helis are still packed in boxes. One thing I can say is the yard is perfect for flying, I can't wait untill everything is straightened out, how is everyone else doing?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 AM
evdreamer

Good to see you back on RCU. Hope you are close to being done with painting, so you can fly soon.

Nick
Old 10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I just got back from the LHS with my replacement MCX during my lunch break, I didn't want to take a chance on them selling it or something. I don't know how they got one so quick, but I have bound it, and test flown it very shortly. So far, it's doing great! Guess I just got a bad one. It happens, I suppose. I just hope this one is good. Usually, with electronics, they fail in the first few minutes or hours of use..after that, they are usually good for awhile.

It looks like the chat on the sim is typing, but if you had a voice to text program it might be cool to try that. I think that Vista has one built in, but I've never tried it.

I didn't have time to download any helis or flying sites just yet...I want to get the Blade 400 soon, of course. Then with my own TX, and a B400 on the sim...it would be really cool...and one of the sites resembles the layout of the horse track, wide and shallow.

Hope your Gaui arrives. USPS tracking leaves alot to be desired...mine many times doesn't tell me anything until after it's already delivered!! UPS is a lot better with tracking info.

Let us know when it arrives!!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.