Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Heli,

Wow, I thought you got lost!

Glad to hear that you are getting settled in.

Sorry about all the work and painting, sounds tiring.

Hope you get it all done, and have some time to fly soon. The weather is great for flying this time of year...I will be busy with my new car also, but I'm going to try to make some time to fly too.

Good luck with the new place, and hope you can fly soon.

Glenn
Old 10-01-2008, 12:57 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The Gaui is here!!! It came just a few minutes ago. The parts look so much bigger on pictures from the internet, but I can't believe how small this thing really is. I am so excited.

Good to hear you got a working MCX so early. It seems like our luck is better today.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64552.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1044373   Click image for larger version

Name:	He97103.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1044374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98052.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1044375  
Old 10-01-2008, 01:59 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Nice new Heli man! But as you said its a bit small. I'll lend you a pair of my blended bi-focals LOL!

QUESTION: is your other Heil flybar FREE? I don't see it?

Have fun, it seems like Christmas for Jeff, you and Glen lately. Perhpas my day will come today. I am still waiting for my Quark to come back from a warranty repair back your side of the country.

Smiles JPee
Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

The Gaui is here!!! It came just a few minutes ago. The parts look so much bigger on pictures from the internet, but I can't believe how small this thing really is. I am so excited.

Good to hear you got a working MCX so early. It seems like our luck is better today.

Nick

Cool Nick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those last two pics next to the Trex do me a lot of justice ! I didn't realize it was that small. As I study yours by your pics, I then glance at my Trex because I have a way now of measuring it by your pics here... That sucker is small...Lol.. Man they look so good ! I could have one and never have to even fly it and be just as happy because they look so darn good...! That's art right there in my mind...

Well, just got home from work so I gotta to some piddling around the place and sneakin' on RCU of course also... (You know me...Lol..)

Congrats !

~ Jeff
Old 10-01-2008, 03:46 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah I have been dropping a lot of the smaller parts already.

Nope my T-Rex still has the flybar.

Hope your Quark comes soon.

Jeff,

I thought you might like the Gaui with the T-Rex photos.

Glenn,

I need help now. How did you get the 3154 to mount to the boom. I tried, but the tabs on the servo aren't long enough to get the holes to match up. Right now I got my S60 working for the tail servo. It is fast enough for a tail servo, but not digital like I would prefer. And I already broke a pushrod link. Those things are very fragile like you said before. I went through and checked all the screws and some were missing thread lock. I am suprised the jesus screw didn't have any thread lock on it. I think of all the screws that one needs it the most. I also put CA on the bearings on the tail like you told me to do. And I also put the MicroHeli mixing arms on. A few minutes ago I fired up the heli and everything is spinning the right way. Oh I tried the DS285's and they would fit for the front cyclic servos, but is too big for the elevator servo. And the S60's are also just a tad to long for the elevator servo. So I am going to order HS-45's and some links from Readyheli tonight. This thing is just begging to fly.

Nick
Old 10-01-2008, 05:20 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

AWESOME...glad it finally came in!

You got the cooler looking canopy because yours is a shaft drive...I like your canopy better than mine.

It is amazing how small some of the parts are, eh? I know I was pretty shocked when I opened the box for the first time...I didn't think it was as small as it really is.

Sorry you broke a link...one of the guys on HF told me to order a link set with mine, but I didn't end up needing any (yet).

Yeah, I'll have to look at my tail servo mounting, I DO remember having to shave some stuff and kinda mod it to get it to work...I'm still at work cleaning the Subaru's engine, getting it ready for removal this weekend.

I had to mod the mounts, but once I was done, the end result was good, and it's still working good to this day.

Sorry you have to buy servos, but once you have them, you'll be set. They seem quite durable, I have not had one fail yet with numerous minor impacts.

I'll write more when I get home...

Glenn
Old 10-01-2008, 05:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I thought I was going to get the same canopy you did, so I was suprised when I opened it up.

Yeah I was having a real hard time with the screws especially since they are mostly phillips head screws. Then when my hands got sweaty working on it that didn't help at all.

The link I broke was the curved one and the kit didn't come with an extra of that, just one strait one.

I kind of trimmed one of the boom mounts and I kind of got it close, but the S60 seems to be doing good. If I don't like how the tail acts I will trim more and put the 3154 on. I also learned not to have the pitch slider move to far towards the gear box or the grips get all messed up and bind. I don't know if that was the same thing people were talking about on HF.

I think I will like the HS45's better. They have a bearing and stonger gears. And I would trust Hitec to send the correct gears if I ever needed them.

Here are some more pictures. I just need to set up the cyclic servos and I am done and ready to fly it. I love how smooth the head assembly moves. It is a lot like how the T-Rex head assembly moves.

Nick

Name:	Wu59922.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1044510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81431.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1044511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21533.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1044512   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26127.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1044513  
Old 10-01-2008, 06:22 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

The screws are tiny, and I found that certain screwdrivers fit better than others on them. Sometimes my JIS driver worked well, and sometimes my Excel driver worked better.

HEY, did you put the Gaui website decal on your landing skids? And are they like a bronze color, or is that just the pic?

Yeah, that link with the 45 degree angle looks fragile, but mine has never bent in a crash yet.

I think it took me a while to get the mounts to work on the 3154, if memory serves me correctly. And I was a bit impatient, as it was like the last thing I did before I got to test fly it.

I also think you will like the HS45's, mine have been very good.

I'll bet that shaft drive is sweet, how free does it feel when you spin it up by hand?

So, you put the Microheli mixing arms on for now, and are saving the stock ones as backup?

I'm going to fly the MCX in a bit...and let you all know how it is!

Glenn
Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Hey do you think you are going to be able to wait until I can get a test flight with the Gaui before you get another helicopter? October 3rd is getting closer. From checking this helicopter out it is an amazing piece of work. It is as smooth as the T-Rex 450SEV2. I just ordered the rest of the parts I need to finish it off. I also got some M2 nuts to try the Chineese weight mod for the T-Rex. And hopefully that will make the tail work a lot better.

Nick
Old 10-01-2008, 07:46 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

LOL....the picture says it all!!

Glenn

Name:	Mk26352.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1044586  
Old 10-01-2008, 08:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Very cool. Have you flown it much?

Nick
Old 10-01-2008, 08:11 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Not much, but enough to make some comments...

Eflite did a great job with this little heli!!

It is extremely smooth, very quiet, and very controllable...more so than my CX2 or my XRB.

I guess it's because it is so light, it's ultra smooth hovering, and it has decent forward flight for it's size. Very, very easy to manuver and control.

I'm very impressed, I like it much better than my CX2, or even my XRB!! (at least for flying in the house)

It was really easy to bind to my DX6i, just like a CX2 is...but there is no bind plug, it's a different process (even easier).

Overall, I give it a very strong thumbs up!! They did a great job on this little guy!

I'll post a video I just made...I'll let you know when it's ready.

Glenn
Old 10-01-2008, 08:13 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

You Tube is doing maintenance, so I can't post right now, I'll try later.

Glenn
Old 10-01-2008, 08:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear E-Flite made a winner.

Nick
Old 10-01-2008, 08:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,

Hey do you think you are going to be able to wait until I can get a test flight with the Gaui before you get another helicopter? October 3rd is getting closer. From checking this helicopter out it is an amazing piece of work. It is as smooth as the T-Rex 450SEV2. I just ordered the rest of the parts I need to finish it off. I also got some M2 nuts to try the Chineese weight mod for the T-Rex. And hopefully that will make the tail work a lot better.

Nick

Nick ~

I know I still deep down can't make up my mind... Rex 500 or Rex 450 SE V2... I go back and forth everyday... Something keeps telling me the 500, but the 450 might prove to be the wiser choice since I already have a good parts selection, and then I could get one of those fiberglass fuselages with re-tracts from heli direct for a winter project for one of them then... Then I sit here and droooooooool over the Gaui.... I won't know until Friday I suppose on what my hands happen to grab off the shelf I guess... And if nothing feels right because I can't make my mind up, I'll just wait a bit until I can decide...

I do like that canopy style that comes with the SD version... I didn't know that one came with that style either. I've always liked that color design the best. But if I ever got the Gaui I'd want the belt version so I would be hoping or thinking that the SD canopy would still work for the belt driven.

Also...... So the Gaui comes already pre-assembled mostly it seems ? Cool.... Even though, yeah I would still have to go all over it again...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-01-2008, 08:24 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I am still wondering about the Gaui landing skids? (see above post)

I hope your serovs are going to make it by the weekend?

Glenn
Old 10-01-2008, 09:31 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

The screws are tiny, and I found that certain screwdrivers fit better than others on them. Sometimes my JIS driver worked well, and sometimes my Excel driver worked better.

HEY, did you put the Gaui website decal on your landing skids? And are they like a bronze color, or is that just the pic?

Yeah, that link with the 45 degree angle looks fragile, but mine has never bent in a crash yet.

I think it took me a while to get the mounts to work on the 3154, if memory serves me correctly. And I was a bit impatient, as it was like the last thing I did before I got to test fly it.

I also think you will like the HS45's, mine have been very good.

I'll bet that shaft drive is sweet, how free does it feel when you spin it up by hand?

So, you put the Microheli mixing arms on for now, and are saving the stock ones as backup?

I'm going to fly the MCX in a bit...and let you all know how it is!

Glenn
The decal was already on the skids when I got it. Oh they are white.

Yeah I was also using different types of screw drivers on the phillips head screws.

The link with the bend it broke at the bottom of the hole for the ball joint.

The shaft won't spin unless the motor is spinning. So if I spinned the blades by hand the tail rotor won't spin. But when I spin the main gear by hand I can get the shaft drive to spin. And once it is up to speed it is very smooth. I had to adjust the gear mesh on both the main gear and shaft as they were really tight from the factory.

Yeah I put the MicroHeli mixing arms on to hopefully prevent needing to replace them. But I have the stock ones in a bag with the rest of the spares just in case.

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I just got done watching Iron Man.

I got the 2-3 day shipping, so hopefully I can fly by the weekend depending on when they ship out. I also got some blade grip screws just in case too.

Nick
Old 10-01-2008, 09:39 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds cool. Mine didn't come with the decals on the landing skids. Must be new, or maybe because it's an SD.

I still can't upload to YouTube, I'll try again later on.

I downloaded a B400, a T-Rex 700, and a Hirobo Sceaudu (something like that)...the downloads are super simple, compared to RealFlight G4's download process.

I also downloaded a scenery update, of Stonehenge in England. Pretty cool looking, the graphics on this sim are outstanding.

When a heli is hovering over water...the water surface is disturbed just like in real life.

I'm gonna watch my taped show from last night..."House" ....I'll be back in a bit.

Glenn
Old 10-01-2008, 09:41 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Do you know Heliartist makes an airwolf body for the Trex 500?

I don't see why my style canopy wouldn't work on the belt drive Gaui. The frames look the same to me except for the shaft drive parts.

The first pics I posted was the Gaui strait from the box. Just put the electronics, blades, and tail and cyclic pushrods on.

Nick
Old 10-01-2008, 09:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,

Do you know Heliartist makes an airwolf body for the Trex 500?

I don't see why my style canopy wouldn't work on the belt drive Gaui. The frames look the same to me except for the shaft drive parts.

The first pics I posted was the Gaui strait from the box. Just put the electronics, blades, and tail and cyclic pushrods on.

Nick
Nick ~

Yeah..... I was actually checking them out on Heli-Direct last night those HeliArtist ones for the 500 and the 450.... There very nice !

~ Jeff
Old 10-01-2008, 10:17 PM
evdreamer

Here are a few more pictures. I kind of wanted to make the Gaui canopy look like the T-Rex, but just a little different.

Name:	Qn38171.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1044671   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62893.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1044672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26577.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1044673  
Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 PM
J-MICHAEL

Here are a few more pictures. I kind of wanted to make the Gaui canopy look like the T-Rex, but just a little different.
Nice pics Nick.... Quit teasing me................................................ ..

~ Jeff
Old 10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Guys,

Well, You Tube is still down, so I'll post the vid of the MCX tomorrow.

Nice job on the decals, Nick! I really do like that canopy better, and I am pretty sure it fits the belt version also, in fact, I know I have seen it at Readyheli before.

I'll talk to you guys tomorrow...

Glenn
Old 10-01-2008, 11:19 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry you couldn't post the MCX videos tonight.

I messed up on one side with the decals because I didn't cut around the words close enough, so there is a clear line around the words.

I ended up moving the ESC under the helicopter, so it was easier for me to put the canopy on. I checked the balance with a DN 750mAh battery and it is almost perfect. I think once the cyclic servos are in the balance will be right on. I was planning on using a Xtreme 850mAh battery, but it is also puffed. I checked it and I can push the battery in on itself which is a sign it puffed. So now I just have three batteries for the Gaui. I was thinking about getting a TP Pro-Lite 7.4V 910mAh battery down the road when I have some flights on the Gaui. I haven't checked the weight of it yet, but it is probably close to a normal 800mAh battery. It also has a 24C burst rating too.

I probably won't be on RCU much tomorrow since I start my next Quarter at school and have to work right after school. My break was fun while it lasted.

Nick
Old 10-02-2008, 02:47 PM
evdreamer

My parts shipped out this morning, so hopefully I can get them tomorrow or Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.