Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 07:57 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey guys,

Well, here's the video of the new MCX, flying it around in the house. It finally went through on You Tube.

Nick, sounds like your parts should get there in time for the weekend, I can't wait to hear how you like the Gaui...

Like you Nick, I'm gonna be BUSY starting tomorrow night, I am going to try to get a head start pulling the engine on the Forester, so I won't have so much to do on Saturday.

But it's supposed to be beautiful weather this weekend, so I'll have to set aside some time for flying.

Nick, I joined an online flying session today on Phoenix! It was very cool, the session was hosted in Europe, and I was on my lunch break, so I'm guessing it was evening over there, so far I have not been able to find any sesssions running in my time in the evenings.

It was pretty cool, it was an open fly....I was flying with like 3 other people, one other heli, and 2 other planes. The other heli guy wasn't too good, he kept crashing while trying inverted flight.

I just wish there were more people on in the evenings...so I'm gonna keep checking.

Here's the vid, I almost forgot...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6i33vsmjo4

Enjoy!

Glenn
Old 10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Jeff,

Well, by my watch, it's about 15 minutes until October 3rd!! LOL!

I'll just sit back and wait until you tell us what you decided on...

Just go ahead and keep us in suspense...LOL

Good luck on whatever you end up choosing for a new heli.

I love the new MCX...I can sit on the sofa, and fly it into the kitchen, and back out into the living room again, something that was very difficult to do with the CX2...I find the MCX MUCH more fun for my indoor flying sessions!

Take care,

Glenn
Old 10-02-2008, 11:15 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Well its only 8:55 P.M. Pacific Time here ! I'll probally just end up getting the Trex SE V2.... Still have much to learn, and I think it would be nice for now to have two of the same to keep me in the air, and parts selection the same... You know how it is... You have two B-400's... I may even wait another week to be sure. Can't really say yet... Right now, I pulled my motor in the Trex, and had to put some new connectors on it for the Jazz esc that I'am going to try in it for an experiment for a bit. I had to take a break, and will probally finish it up tommorow. I had to re-locate the RX, and a few other things as the Jazz is much longer than the stock Align 35a esc. It weighs more, but a lot of it is the ferrite ring that is installed on it.

Anyway, I'am beat tired ! Take care,

~ Jeff

Old 10-02-2008, 11:20 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I will watch your video after this post.

Hope it doesn't take too long to pull the engine out, but it probably will? In High School the advanced auto class was working on a 4 cylinder boxer engine. It was cool because two people could lift it up.

Cool to hear you flew online with the Phoenix sim. If I got the Phoenix I would only be an hour behind your time, but I am a little short on cash because of the Gaui.

Jeff still has a little bit of time left since he is on the West coast. No pressure Jeff. LOL

I got one extra boom mount to work with the 3154. I ended up using the screw for the CX that attaches the skids to the main frame. It is the perfect size. Good thing I bought that extra hardware pack a while back.

Nick
Old 10-02-2008, 11:23 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

You beat me too the Pacific time thing.

You could just solder the wires of the motor to the ESC. LOL I did that on the CPP.

Nick
Old 10-02-2008, 11:28 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The MCX looks very stable. It also looks like it has a lot of power and a fast piro rate. It is cool E-Flite can make a good helicopter that small.

Nick
Old 10-02-2008, 11:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I'd solder the wires together, but if I get the SE V2 I'd want the Jazz in there instead of the SA.... But I'll do that if I get The V2 though ! (less resistance that way)

Glenn ~

Yeah that MCX is pretty nifty ! I gave ya 5 stars on your You-Tube vid earlier today....Lol...

~ Jeff

Old 10-02-2008, 11:45 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Here's my little living room flyers... Nothing compared to the MCX which I do want to get in time... Just other things are on the platter for right now.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:26 AM
evdreamer

I just finished modding the boom mounts to have the 3154 fit on. And I got it all set up with the gyro. I would like to see a tail pushrod guide, so the pushrod doesn't bend at the extremes. I think I found a happy medium between it bending and getting as much travel as I can. It is a good servo. I am glad I decided not to fly with the S60 on the tail and instead using the 3154.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:53 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I hope you get your parts tommorow. I really can't wait to hear what ya got to say about it, and how stable it is in comparison to the Trex 450... I heard Skarn here on RCU mention that its just as stable as our Trex's, but being its smaller I'am sure it might be maybe a tad more fidgity... Dunno... There sure neat... And parts seem feasible compared to some of the other heli's out there. I bet that thing would scream like a mad-dog if you choose someday to get one of those TP Prolites you were talking about before... I look forward to the day I can try one of the Prolites just for my Trex, being there lightweight and pumping out that 25c discharge they offer...

It may be the Gaui is as stable as the Trex, as I've heard before that the B-400 is more stable than the Rex. I guess the Rex carries a higher center of gravity, so I guess new flyers have been told to go the B-400 route. I think your going to be amazed on what that Gaui is going to offer you... It should be a blast ! [8D]

Have fun if you get your parts tommorow ! Going to bed, gotta get up early for work in the A.M....

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 10-03-2008, 09:50 AM
JPEE

Hello J-Michael,

Well its time go I guess. Dont know how your getting home but do have a safe trip. That is the nice thing about the Forum, no matter where you are, you still close and in contact with the guys!

Your right about having two 400's or two Trex's. I kinda pushed Glenn into that because it was so cheap at the time. You always have an extra parts. Then set up as I often do, one for say one for a camera mount for air videos and the other for just flying. When not doing that I often have one set up with real low heads speed and the other hot to trot. It is like having two "different" heli's

JPee
Old 10-03-2008, 02:30 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

The parts didn't come today, but most likely tomorrow.

If I want power I probably won't get the 7.4V TP battery and just go to a 3 cell set up.

I have never flown a B400, but I can pretty much do a hands off hover with the T-Rex being a little tail heavy. I am just too lazy to find the correct balance, but it still flies great.

I could probably get less bend out of the tail pushrod if I moved the link closer to the center of the servo horn and moved the servo back, but the balance is pretty good right where the servo is at. So I don't know which I would rather have good balance or a bending pushrod. I think I will mess with it a little more and see how it affects the balance.

Nick
Old 10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Here is a webpage with some close ups of the new Gaui 200 V2. http://www.gaui.com.tw/images/news/ep-200_v2.jpg It looks a little beefier.

Nick
Old 10-03-2008, 05:05 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hello J-Michael,

Well its time go I guess. Dont know how your getting home but do have a safe trip. That is the nice thing about the Forum, no matter where you are, you still close and in contact with the guys!

Your right about having two 400's or two Trex's. I kinda pushed Glenn into that because it was so cheap at the time. You always have an extra parts. Then set up as I often do, one for say one for a camera mount for air videos and the other for just flying. When not doing that I often have one set up with real low heads speed and the other hot to trot. It is like having two "different" heli's

JPee
Man who said I was leaving for home yet ?! Lol.... Not until the second or third week of November... Still wrapping up this house were building. [8D] Then its gonna be a challenge, as I'll be flirting with snowy conditions on the passes through Northern Cali, and Southern Oregon. It was crazy coming down here in January ! Snow like you wouldn't believe ! Had to put chains on, and with the Acura having a lowered racing suspension it made it quite interesting...Lol.. I was pushing snow !! LMAO... 1200 miles back home, it will be quite a drive....

Just got home from work, gotta eat something.... Starvin'...

~ Jeff
Old 10-03-2008, 05:51 PM
evdreamer

I started to notice the gear that comes out of the boom was rubbing the bearing on the tail case and found out I had the gear to close. I didn't know I could adjust the gear mesh of those gears. So I fixed that. Then when I fired up the motor the lower pinion slipped down. So I pressed the two pinions together. Then I put CA on the nuts that hold the lower frame together, so they won't fall out when I take the screws out. I also put CA on the brass spacers, so they don't fall out when I take the screws out either. Then I noticed the nut on the tail shaft was backing out, so there wasn't any locktite on that. I guess I could call today a preventive maintenance day. Good thing I did this before I tried and fly the helicopter. I am not used to all the things I have to do with a drive shaft instead of a belt.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:47 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, that website of the V2 is very interesting, for sure! It looks like they changed a LOT of stuff, the head and the tailbox appear to be competely new designs....and I noticed an 18 amp ESC...larger wing on the tailboom, and I think the frame is a bit different too.

LOL...our Gaui 200's are already obsolete....SIGH...

I like the idea you had of applying CA to the frame nuts and the brass spacers so they stay in place while doing maintenance.

I forgot to tell you to loctite the tail shaft nut...the guys on HF told me to CA mine, so I did. I did come back apart when I did the Microheli tail, but it was difficult.

Well, I stayed late at work, and got the engine almost out of the Forester....everything is undone, just gotta get the engine hoist out and pull it tomorrow morning, and then begin the disassembly.

I am SOOOO BEAT...I gotta get some sleep tonight so I have some energy for tomorrow's project.

It's cool that you got to see the auto guys working on a boxer style engine like the Forester has. They have their pluses and minuses. So far, it's been pretty easy to work on.

I joined a session on Phoenix today at lunch, again in Europe, but there were two other heli guys flying. It's weird, if you don't have the heli or plane that someone is flying downloaded on your sim, you can't see them fly it. It's just a question mark flying around...lol.

I still haven't figured out why no one is on in North America in the evenings.

That would be SUPER COOL if you got Phoenix some day, when you have a little more cash...it would be fun to fly online....then we could get Jeff and JPEE to get it too...that would be lots of fun!

Glenn
Old 10-03-2008, 10:04 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

I have a better idea and it will save Jeff, Nick and me mucho $$$! Most of have web cams, lets just put our web cams on our screens and broadcast our flying like a conference call!!!!

Get some sleep old timer so your fresh for the Forester.

Got word back on the SRB abd thet hope to ship out Monday. Said they replaced the entire tail.

JPee
Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 PM
rotarydoc

JPee,

Yeah, that would be cool, especially if we did a split screen....all four of us flying our sims! But if we were all online, we could dog fight and take each other out...LOL

Great news on the Quark, it should fly great when you get it back. Sounds like they did a good job if they replaced the whole tail. I guess they had to order parts or something.

LOL, I feel like an old timer tonight...not used to putting a whole day in and then busting butt for another 3 hours afterwards...and on a Friday to boot!

Glenn
Old 10-04-2008, 09:22 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I had company over yesterday and today, so sorry I couldn't get on sooner.

I still think the V1 Gaui will do everything I want it too.

Cool to hear you almost got the engine out. I had to work this morning. All I could think about is the Gaui, but it is better than working in the evening.

That is pretty funny that Phoenix chose to use a question mark when you haven't downloaded the aircraft yet.

I finished the Gaui up today and I did the Chineese weight mod to the T-Rex. I wasn't able to fly the Gaui today, since it got dark when I finished. But I have all day tomorrow.

Here are some pics.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19933.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1046078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36111.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1046079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68890.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1046080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28027.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1046081  
Old 10-04-2008, 09:31 PM
evdreamer

I just fired up the Gaui in my basement and this helicopter is so smooth and quiet at least below half stick.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:58 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

I just fired up the Gaui in my basement and this helicopter is so smooth and quiet at least below half stick.
Nick ~

VIDEO !! Lol... Cool... Looks like it may be a late night for ya playin' & tinkerin..... [8D] I've been re-arranging my electronics on the 450 this evening & currently doing so... I love working on this 450 ! Hey....... What's the Chinese weight mod you mentioned anyhow ?

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-04-2008, 10:48 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I plan on getting some video tomorrow of the Gaui if the weather is good. If the weather is bad I might get video of me flying it in the garage.

The Chineese weight mod adds weight to the tail grips, so it is easier for the servo to move the grips at operating speed. The grips also kind of rotate on their own a little at operating speed and this is supposed to get rid of that. So the tail acts more precise. I just hope the weight is even on both sides. Finless talks about it on Helifreak. The video I remember of it was on the tail grips by Kasama for the T-Rex 500 or 600 I can't remember which one. Just go to his thread section and look for Kasama review. Then look for the tail grip assembly after that.

Nick
Old 10-04-2008, 10:50 PM
evdreamer

Here is the link to make it easier on you. At least I am pretty sure it is this one.
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=68622
Old 10-04-2008, 10:55 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow, your Gaui looks great, and ready to go flying!

Glad to hear that it sounds good on spool up in the basement, at least you know you have the basics down.

Let us know when you get it up and flying tomorrow, that should be interesting!

I spent most of the day today finishing removing the Forester engine and disassembling it.

It looks really great inside, very clean and well maintained by the previous owner. He is meticulous about maintenance, and it really pays off.

I get parts for it on Monday, but it's going to take a while to get it all back together again.

Here's some pics of my project....

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46285.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1046107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58242.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1046108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45004.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1046109  
Old 10-04-2008, 11:07 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

Your right that block looks good, he did take good care of his car. Very little carbon deposits on the pistons too! I must admit I did not know that was 4 banger, should get some MPG when shes done. You are also blessed to be able to that at work too. Not many guys have that kind access.

Raining here in Sunny cal so no fly day. Jeff must have more rain than me though, LOL

Nick your Gaui has really taken shape! ! we are sureready for your maiden flight either outside or in the good old basement

Good Luck to all, JPee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.