Default RE: Brillelli 46cc

Jake, Sent you a PM, call me

larry
Old 08-07-2008, 12:18 AM
mm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello,

i 'm looking for two bearings to my 46 gt, do you know ref of them or ref of the engine ? i know it's a poulan 46 i think, that's all..
i live in france and would like buy them here.

thank you

stephane
Old 08-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

MM,
Check out "Boca Bearing" just type that in your browser and their site should come up. They have every bearing known to exist and they cater to RC. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Loopman
Old 08-07-2008, 06:49 AM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

I don't think Boca will have that bearing, It has a rubber seal around it, You can go to www.lawnstation.com and look up the poulan pro and find the parts list for that engine, You can buy the engine still in the saw for $129.00

Milton
Old 08-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about where to get parts in France but you may be able to order here in the USA>http://www.upstateoutdoorpowerequipm...d/default.aspx
Old 08-07-2008, 01:47 PM
mm

hello,

thank's everybody

stephane
Old 08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
mm

and yes milton,

it has a rubber seal , my engine juste have thirty flights with my patty and i hear a noise when i move my prop ( crankshaft moves a little) , and i have lost 200 or 300 rpm i think , according to me the problem is the rubber seal ...

stephane
Old 08-07-2008, 02:56 PM
mm

i think it's the pp4620AVX at lawnstation ?

thanks
Old 08-07-2008, 03:54 PM
flymeaway
My Feedback: (6)

I'm having a bit of trouble tuning this engine. On the ground the transition is excellent and no burble at any RPM. In the air is a different deal - WOT the thing scream with no burble however at just above idle to nearly full throttle I'm getting a burble. I've adjusted the high and low only a couple times with no help. Maybe I'm just not there with the low. Any ideas?
Old 08-08-2008, 09:07 PM
bmadden
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: flymeaway

I'm having a bit of trouble tuning this engine. On the ground the transition is excellent and no burble at any RPM. In the air is a different deal - WOT the thing scream with no burble however at just above idle to nearly full throttle I'm getting a burble. I've adjusted the high and low only a couple times with no help. Maybe I'm just not there with the low. Any ideas?
What carb do you have?
Old 08-09-2008, 06:10 AM
cmoulder

Is there a static line from the carb plate routed to the inside of the fuse? If not, the kind of behavior you describe is quite common because of pressure changes inside the cowl.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90528.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1007197  
Old 08-09-2008, 10:38 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cmoulder

Is there a static line from the carb plate routed to the inside of the fuse? If not, the kind of behavior you describe is quite common because of pressure changes inside the cowl.
This is almost 100% certain to be the problem. I would bet that you are causing a high positive static pressure or a direct draft on your diaphragm plate vent hole when the plane gets up some air speed. This would simulate a high vacuum by your engine and cause it to run rich. Very common problem, and sometimes can cause it to run lean as well if there is a negative pressure on the vent hole. Just do as recommnded and plumb it out of the cowling...I have my Brillelli going inside my fuse just in front of my gas tank and it's the same mixture on ground as in the air. Ideally that vent hole is supposed to sense undisturbed atmospheric pressure, kind of a hard thing to achieve inside of a drafty cowling.

Also worth mentioning: Another way you can get different mixtures is to have the same thing happeneing at your carb air intake. Both the vent hole and carb air intake should get undisturbed air...or be sensing from the same location so that if there is disturbed air they both sense it and the two different locations never see a difference. That's why 3W plumbs the vent to the air intake.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:24 PM
flymeaway

ORIGINAL: bmadden

What carb do you have?

It's a Walbro 21-245, if that means anything.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:26 PM
flymeaway

I have the static line, but it's routed back to the motor:

Name:	Ol31332.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1007346  
Old 08-09-2008, 12:34 PM
flymeaway

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort
This is almost 100% certain to be the problem. I would bet that you are causing a high positive static pressure or a direct draft on your diaphragm plate vent hole when the plane gets up some air speed. This would simulate a high vacuum by your engine and cause it to run rich. Very common problem, and sometimes can cause it to run lean as well if there is a negative pressure on the vent hole. Just do as recommnded and plumb it out of the cowling...I have my Brillelli going inside my fuse just in front of my gas tank and it's the same mixture on ground as in the air. Ideally that vent hole is supposed to sense undisturbed atmospheric pressure, kind of a hard thing to achieve inside of a drafty cowling.

Also worth mentioning: Another way you can get different mixtures is to have the same thing happeneing at your carb air intake. Both the vent hole and carb air intake should get undisturbed air...or be sensing from the same location so that if there is disturbed air they both sense it and the two different locations never see a difference. That's why 3W plumbs the vent to the air intake.

Would the location of my velocity stack have anything to do with this?

Name:	Lj21621.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1007347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24505.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1007348  
Old 08-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Take off the stack and get some slightly short bolts or use some washers equal to the thickness of the stack. If you dont use up that space or get shorter bolts you will cause and air leak.

Some planes like the stacks some don't all depends how the air travels around the cowl.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Todd D
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

flymeaway, that line in the picture is the pulse line that pulses the diapphragm each time the piston moves up and down. Look at the other side of the carb for the vent hole. When I got my Brillelli it had a little nipple already installed for this purpose.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:08 PM
JoeAirPort

I have the static line, but it's routed back to the motor:
Like Twista said, that's your pump pulse line, not your diaphragm vent line.

Twista...err I mean Todd. It doesn't pulse the metering diaphragm, it pulses the pump. The metering diaphragm works of the vacuum of the engine. These always get confused.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:12 PM
JoeAirPort

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

Would the location of my velocity stack have anything to do with this?

Yep, you got it right in the air stream, could most certainly affect the mix.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:38 PM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

How much time do you have on the engine? Mine is still breaking in and has a similar issue but smooths out the more I run it.

Brian
Old 08-10-2008, 09:08 AM
flymeaway

ORIGINAL: Twistawrecka

flymeaway, that line in the picture is the pulse line that pulses the diapphragm each time the piston moves up and down. Look at the other side of the carb for the vent hole. When I got my Brillelli it had a little nipple already installed for this purpose.

I don't see another nipple. There is a hole on the underside of the carb by the low and high needles - a fairly large hole, not threaded, can't tell where it goes. Would this be it? If so, looks like I'd have to tap it. Where should the vent line terminate in the fuse (is the idea here just to get the vent out of the turbulence of the prop wash in the cowl)?

I'll try to remove the stack first to see if that helps. I was hoping to fly today, but with a 20mph cross wind and scattered storms, I think I'll wait.

Guess I have a thing or two to learn about these engines. Thanks for helping me out.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:10 AM
flymeaway

ORIGINAL: fireman7875

How much time do you have on the engine? Mine is still breaking in and has a similar issue but smooths out the more I run it.

Brian
The plane only has less than a dozen flights, however the engine has at least a couple of gallons through it between break-in, chasing RFI for three months, and actual flight time.

One more question. I switched to Amsoil running at 50:1. What are you guys using and at what ratio?

Thanks
Bob
Old 08-10-2008, 09:23 AM
JoeAirPort

ORIGINAL: Twistawrecka

I don't see another nipple. There is a hole on the underside of the carb by the low and high needles - a fairly large hole, not threaded, can't tell where it goes. Would this be it? If so, looks like I'd have to tap it. Where should the vent line terminate in the fuse (is the idea here just to get the vent out of the turbulence of the prop wash in the cowl)?

I'll try to remove the stack first to see if that helps. I was hoping to fly today, but with a 20mph cross wind and scattered storms, I think I'll wait.

Guess I have a thing or two to learn about these engines. Thanks for helping me out.
The vent hole is on the edge of a thin metal plate with 4 screws on the corners. Scott installed a nipple on some of them...the newer engines I think in the past year? If you look at post 1438 there's pic of the pump nipple...this is not the one. Look at post 1435, that's the one.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Jezmo

Take the time to look at the posts Joe AP references above. My G26 was doing the EXACT same thing and when I modified the cover and vented it to the inside of the plane it turned into a fine running engine.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:10 PM
cmoulder

The plane only has less than a dozen flights, however the engine has at least a couple of gallons through it between break-in, chasing RFI for three months, and actual flight time.

One more question. I switched to Amsoil running at 50:1. What are you guys using and at what ratio?

Thanks
Bob
Amsoil Saber or Dominator??

Saber is 100:1 and Dominator is 50:1, after break-in of course. If you've got a couple of gallons thru it, I'd say Dominator at 40:1 would be about right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.