Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 10:38 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey JPEE,

Okay, I've calmed down a bit. I ordered that thing on April 2 so its been a wait. Unfortunately things from China do take some time. Now I can finish getting my jet together - the wiring routes through the rudder slot so I was kind of on hold until I got it. But now I can move forward! The idea was really a request by my son as he saw a few jets on youtube with them and said my jet needs to have it. Who am I to argue?!

Your repair looks great. And the finishing work is exceptional - if I didn't see the before pictures I wouldn't be able to tell anything had happened to the plane. Can't wait for the remaiden!

How interesting to find out that you were so close to several Hollywood actors. I guess having close proximity increases the chances of meeting a few.

Have a good weekend!

Mark
Old 05-27-2020, 08:48 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

You may have heard about SpaceX's launch attempt yesterday getting scrubbed due to weather. Their next attempt will be Saturday afternoon at 3:22pm EST. I hope the weather holds out for the crewed launch. One thing they are having to consider is not only the weather over the launch area but the entire flight path leading out over the Atlantic Ocean, in case there is a mishap and the capsule needs to do an abort. They need to make sure the seas aren't too rough to do a recovery - if needed.

Mark
Old 05-27-2020, 10:23 PM
Aframomum

This has been a week of lots of goodies arriving at the door step!

First up is my new radio. Yup, my new DX8 came in and I am super happy - it looks gorgeous! Have been spending a good deal of time browsing all the youtube video's I could find on different aspects of the radio programming. There's a lot to go through! I programmed a test plane, my old 50mm Raptor jet that I first got last summer to do a test flight. I still have yet to do my helicopter, my other jets, and my warbirds. Glad I don't have too many planes to swap over. lol

My other arrival was actually something I ordered for my son - his 3rd plane! The Duet was a decent flier but with its small size it was very susceptible to the wind, even light winds gave him trouble. I started noticing when the winds started picking up he would tell me that's enough for today. I felt sorry as he would usually get through 2-3 minutes before telling me it was enough.

So I saw on Banana Hobby's site a glider type craft that has all the control surfaces - aerilon, elevator, and rudder and not a bad price, plus the motor is in the back. It's an ARF and I have several receivers that I can use, plus my old DX7 can be used to fly it. So he's inheriting a radio with the plane. Now we just have to build it!

Mark

Old 05-28-2020, 03:11 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

Where to start, you've been a busy man.

We watched two plus hours of the proposed Space X launch right up until it was scratched due to the lightening. What a disappointment for all them and us. But I am all for the safe flight for our brave Astronauts! Yes we heard all about the only water landings and there considerations. Honestly, it's a shame that most people don't understand the basic's of that flight, it ain't the Shuttle where they can land on the freeway so to speak.

Congratulations on the repurposed DX8. Yea buddy there is a lot to learn to take advantage of what it's capable giving you. Mr.G's new plane is just what the doctor ordered, it looks just like a small Bixler. After seeing his skill flying that lighter plane he will do and it will darned near land itself, it's glide path is HUGE! Also your second bonus is...........repurposing the DX7, nothing is going to waste!

Enjoy you two flyboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2020, 09:02 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Some great news in all this turmoil going on right now...SpaceX delivered 2 astronauts to the ISS!!

I know it was a bit of a wait as Wednesday was a 'wash out'. I kind of figured as I saw all the stormy clouds that morning when I opened the garage door. Saturday was looking iffy as well but it seemed the clouds gave a breath at just the right moment and off they went! So if everything checks out in this second demonstration flight for the Dragon (err, I meant Endeavor ), they can start doing regular flights to the ISS starting later this year. The main unknown is how the capsules solar panels will handle the environment of space in their current configuration. The panels are directly attached to the trunk of the spacecraft rather than on an extending solar array, so they are unsure of how the panels will be affected by micrometeorites and such. They will be monitoring the electrical output over the coming days and weeks to see how long the craft can stay in space before returning.

In other news I somehow flew my 64mm Raptor into a tree. Gee whiz.

It actually happened during takeoff - the plane was veering towards the trees on the side of the road and instead of aborting the takeoff I just tried to get her in the air. I really need to learn self control and know when to abort a bad roll out. Wings got torn up and the nose was broken nearly in half. Everything else was fine. Ordered new wings and decided to take a page from your repair book and use something similar to dowels for reinforcement of the nose. I decided to go with toothpicks as the foam in that area is very thin. Used clear gorilla glue (no foaming) and after lining everything up set a few large lipo's on her and let her dry for 2 days. Will try a repair maiden later this week.

In the meantime we finished up my son's new Sky Surfer. Not too bad of a build, everything fit very nicely and all the electronics worked. I did notice while setting up the ESC got warm so drilled a few holes in the nose and a section in the back for air flow to help cool the ESC. I also went over some of the settings in the DX7 so my son could get used to his new radio. He is very happy with his new hobby stuff!

Mark

Old 06-02-2020, 12:42 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Well where to start, first.....sorry your jet went in.....we’ll call that equipment failure😉. You repair looked excellent, I have used tooth picks many times with great success so I think you will too. Seems like every time we talk I learn something new from you, clear Gorilla, I have to stop by and look more deeply at there other products. I do have their black (like duct tape) and that stuff is great along with the expanding glue on used on the T-28 which you shave off the excess.

We watched countless hours on both countdowns and of course the launch. Then we did the same for the docking. We both felt so bad when astronaut Bob I think,
leaving the capsule banged his head and got a cut, in front of the world I know he was a bit embarrassed. Yes let’s hope that the solar panels do their intended job well.

Good ideas cooling off the ESC, I have done that on a few planes in my time. I’ll Mr. G is so excited to fly his new bird. He is a all American look young man, you are blessed. Plane in hand, sun glass......he’s looking cool 😎

JPEE
Old 06-13-2020, 08:03 PM
Aframomum

Hi John,

I had a nice laugh with the video you sent of the flying flapping wing F16, but the firefighting drone one was quite interesting.

Don't know if you heard but the 2 astronauts (Doug and Bob) gave comparison flight differences between riding the shuttle and the Falcon rocket. Pretty interesting read:

https://spaceflightnow.com/2020/06/1...space-shuttle/

I feel like I'm getting to the point where I have no more major repairs or builds to finish - RC speaking. It was getting ugly as each time I went out I was coming back with a plane that needed a repair of some sort. The only thing to survive the 'bad luck streak' was the heil. Figure that! But the past 2 weeks I was able to take my F18 and Zero out with no issues.

This past week I was able to get out early (5:55am) and do some ego boosting flights. Simple stuff. That 'get back to enjoying flying again' stuff. I also got to use my new radio more and get more comfortable with where all the switches are at.

I still have to do a repair maiden with the F22 and new maiden with the F16, and a shakedown swap over to the new radio with the F190 and the heli.

Mark
Old 06-14-2020, 04:52 AM
JPEE

Mark,

Thanks for attaching the commentary, that was a great read! Glad you got a kick out of the video.......I sure never expected that, at all. Myself having the DX9 of which is like a DX8 which are no doubt 99% the same and having had a DX7 myself, I can grasp how the change is in a positive fashion is for you. You parked a Ford and got in a Rolls Royce.......... My friend, you have had a your crashes, your great custom builds and paint jobs. But now is the time to enjoy that past hard work and just as you said, get in some ego building flights and enjoy yourself. This is the time to fly and watch Mr. G grow his skills and you two fly and share afternoons. So so happy for you and again thanks for the article. Only yesterday Judy and I watched the lift off again (taped) of the SpaceX lift off and set the satellites. My wife has never the boosters come back and land before, that still is unbelievable even when I see it with my own eyes, it looks like a Hollywood movie forecasting the future, but now we are living it!

Get out there a get to flying my friend!

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 06-14-2020 at 04:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:57 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

A little late but... Happy Father's Day!!!

Hope you had a nice one and a meal to match too!

We did BBQ burgers, nothing too fancy.

One a side note, I've had off the past week and so have been doing early morning flights, ie 5:55am. Usually have to wait for the skies to get a bit more light at that time but its nice to get out so early and have perfect flying conditions. No winds, no walkers/bikers - just me and the birds.

We are planning to head to the Cape on Tuesday to see SpaceX launch another batch of starlink satellites. The launch time is 5:58pm, so a late daytime liftoff. Sweet! Will have to post video when we get back. Hope we can see something of the booster recovery although I do believe they will be landing on the ocean barge rather than their land pad. Going to be a great show!

Mark
Old 06-23-2020, 06:41 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Well I hope, I mean, “I know” your Fathers Day was a good one as well! We had lox, cream cheese, and an array of different bagels, coffee and mimosas. But for me the height of the visit of my daughters was I took a chance and opened all the windows in the house and we sat at our big dining room table together. I’ve had to be careful because they both work in public spaces and come in to contact with other people where I have been pretty much sequestered. They wore masks at the table and then only took them down to eat and put them back up but as they do you parted out in the front yard I reached out and I grabbed a hug for the first time in six months! I may have said but on their birthdays April and March we went over and just sit out at the street leaning against the car and they stood up on the driveway in order to protect me. So that was the big hit parade for me.

Going to the Cape you are really going to probably have will be one of the greatest life adventures you’ve had today I would imagine. Aside from the wonderful blast off which I know that you will see clearly at least PRATHER goodness there are no clouds so you’ll get a long view of it would be the CEO booster come back in the land, that would be the Academy the number one thing to say. Even if you can’t see it physically touch down just to see it come in fire it’s rockets and just come down vertically would be a sight to behold in itself, a real landmark day. With Mr. G looks back at those photos as he grows up it’ll be a day edged in his memory as well that I was with my dad and saw SpaceX takeoff and land, certainly a life treasure. Not to take away from your Mrs. she’ll enjoy it too of course. You’re living through history in the making and seeing it up close.

Good Luck......JP
Old 06-26-2020, 04:53 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark

It’s 5 AM here and I was looking around the Internet and stumbled onto the space walk live this morning. It is spectacular watching Bob and the other astronaut work on the outside of the space station. Here’s an interesting note I think you may not know about, the astronauts when in their suits have a wrist mirror on each hand or just above their hand. That mirror allows them to hold up their arm and see all of the switches and Diles on the front of their suits that they cannot see otherwise. Here’s the interesting part all of the switches and writings and labeling on the exterior of their space suit or written backwards, yes backwards, thus allowing when they look at the spacesuit in their wrist mirror on their chest everything then reads correctly as if they were looking at it straight on because of the reversing of the mirror. Taking a little things for granted that they’re in a space suit and it’s all taken care of something so simple with the wrist mirrors and write everything backwards makes it all accessible to the astronaut. I found that the more interesting part of the walk this morning as well as seeing all of her fancy-schmancy tools tied on tethers floating around and they have three letter acronym‘s for each of them is mission control talks to them and tells them what ranch they will need And the position whether it’s 9 o’clock or 6 o’clock to their related position the guiding over every inch of the outside of that space station really really really cool glad I stumbled onto it. Today is Friday, I wish you a great weekend!

John
Old 06-27-2020, 08:09 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Well, I'm sorry to say my lil' vacation is over.

I took nearly 2 weeks off and had a great time! We decided to spend the last few days at a beach side hotel and so had a nice relaxing time. Unfortunately no rocket launch as they are still deciding when to go. Oh well, next time. I will say that each morning I was home I was off to the flying area at the break of dawn. It was great and I got a lot of good flights in. I was able to get all my planes remaidened so that was a huge plus.

We have been getting some of that desert sand the past few days so everything has a haze to it. Plus its been quite hot. My last morning out and it was 82 at 6:05am. I can deal with the warm mornings as long as its not windy.

I saw that the 2 astronauts were doing the space walk to replace the old batteries at the ISS. I also saw a part about one of the mirrors coming loose and slowly floating away but luckily the astronaut had a spare mirror. I didn't know all the writing on the spacesuits was backwards for the purpose of the mirror. They really think of everything don't they?! I hear they are planning to return the 2 astronauts (Behnken and Hurley) the beginning of August so they can get started on the second crewed Dragon flight possibly in September, pending all the data review from this flight. I also think they are planning on 4 to go up with the next flight. I'm glad you got to see the space walk live.

Mark
Old 06-28-2020, 01:03 PM
JPEE

Mark,

Cool you guys did a getaway. It’s always nice to change your surroundings especially during these C-19 times. Sorry you didn’t get to see a launch, but the bright side is, they’ll be many more. Sounds like you got in some MONSTER flying time too. We too are waiting for that dust storm but we might just might squeak by and it will miss us. Remember, always keep and extra mirror in your flight bag! LOL. As I watched their tools float on tethers I did not see one pair of vise grips, a crescent wrench, or a pair of channel locks lol. They could have pick those up at Home Depot you know.

Glad to read something positive going on for you with the family, getting away, and the real bright star is it you got to fly your socks off with no negative events......... congratulations👍

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 06-28-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:58 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I wanted to get a few video's up from last weeks flying, and also my son's maiden of his Skysurfer.

He did great with his new plane. Had good control of it and really didn't need any of my instruction - just a few tips here and there. The first flight I had to put the camera down in order to get a good throw, so the video starts after the plane is airborne. The second flight I felt comfortable enough with the throw to hold the camera. This is our alternate field and is perfect for hand launchers/belly landers. I also think I can do the heli there but definitely not for any landing gear aircraft.

The video of my F-16 is from my morning flights. I would usually have to wait for the sky to get a bit lighter so flights would start around 6:20. Gave me a bit of time to relax and enjoy the morning. For some reason my camera decided to stop just after takeoff so that flight is a short one, but the second the camera recorded the entire flight. I had to cut some of it as the plane looked more like a spec then anything. I'll have to start flying slower and closer for some more decent shots. lol

Skysurfer:

F-16:
Old 06-29-2020, 10:54 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

First off the Chair recognizes George for his flying and landing abilities! What I love about his flying is.......he is never afraid, he has so much confidence... I am jealous! His plane sounds just like my Bixler too.

Your flying was excellent too. Your right, that jet is not only small for FASST and its tough to keep and eye on it. That said your video 2 was great, there with the flybys I could see her pretty well. I also with clarity could see you LED motor light, they looked great. A great day was had by ALL as they say.

JPEE
Old 07-03-2020, 07:11 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I was surprised at how well he did with his first few flights. Young minds, young reflexes, and lots of playing on the sim really make a difference!

Thanks for the comments on the F16. The plane is actually larger and not too difficult to see, the camera makes it smaller. I programmed flapperons with later flights and it really helps with slowing down the landings.

I made an electrical goof last week when plugging in the afterburner and wound up frying all my servos (including retracts) and the receiver. The afterburner has a Y to the esc and a separate wire set that plugs into the balance plug of the lipo. It is for 3s, so you have to plug it in a 6s for a 3s configuratioun. Yeah, I did it backwards and instantly smoked everything except the esc and the afterburner controller. What a costly error.

So for the time being I'm kinda grounded, although I still have my 64mm birds to fly. I think I have gotten spoiled with my 70mm with its larger size and retracts.

Any plans for the 4th? Is it true they are considering closing things up again in your state? Its hard to keep track with all the different things you hear nowadays. Still crazy times...

Mark
Old 07-04-2020, 02:08 PM
evdreamer

Happy 4th guys. It has been awhile. I need to catch up on the posts. I started adding drainage around my house, but it keeps raining and putting things on hold.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:26 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

You shouldn’t be surprised on how well Jorge flies, he learned from the best his dad. That’s outstanding you have him also utilizing the simulator.

That’s great that you got the flapperons adjusted to do you slow down the plane when you’re coming in because in
watching your landings you’re coming in hot!

Mark when I read this paragraph about the electrical goof it broke my heart it really did. I think we’ve all done something equal that at one point or another and it just hurts and sucks big time as well! I made a mistake more than once and plugging in the balance lead on a Lipo into the wrong port on the balance board and that made a big spark took out my parallel board as well. Like I said don’t feel bad we all have done it or will do it again LOL.

As you pointed out you still got your 63’s And believe me I understand having a big planes versus the smaller ones they’re easier to see they look more scale of course and when you’re going up in size going backwards is kind of tough LOL but as you pointed out at least you’re not grounded.

We always stay home for Fourth of July that’s amateur night you might say. I had a water hose in the front water hose on the back and a water hose out by my shed because I had an idea what happened would happened. People have been depressed with their jobs loss of wages, being closed in at home our lives 80% suppressed or correction or lifestyles. So they let loose like World War III over here there was more gunfire than they were illegal fireworks and I’m talking the big mortars going up in the air and exploding. It look like a fire works spectacular that the city put on there was so much in the air. I had planned to take the drone up and let it hover for 30 minutes catching what was going on and then Judy pointed out..... if I did that I was taking a chance on some knucklehead trying to shoot it down so I did not go aloft!
Absolutely the governor closed all indoor restaurants and a lot of other facilities that he had opened he turned around and did a 180 and they’re closed we were talking about it today now all those waiters waitresses chefs etc. I’ll have to go back and reapply for unemployment the poor people we feel so bad for them.

Now some good news, my club finally got approval by the Army Corps of Engineers to take over the property where my old Field was. It cost us $15,000 for the surveys and paperwork and what have you but we’ve got it done and officially yesterday Saturday the insurance was in force and I got to go flying there, but here comes the funny part.
Knowing this was coming I took down my Bixler and my T 28. I pulled the Bixler out and did a preflight and found it it lost its BIND. So I re-bound there on the bench and checked all of the flaps, ailerons you know the drill she was ready to go. This was now twice it lost its bind in two days so I grounded her. Today I Installed an HK Orange RX and she is ready to go. Then I grabbed the T-28, now remember this is the 28 I showed you in photos with the entire front torn off. After I rebuilt it and repainted it I taxied up and down out back and all “seemed” to working perfectly. So at the field I noticed on spin up there was a roughness in the motor. I checked everything and found nothing wrong. I taxied out and again moving all surfaces everything looked good and I took off as I neared the end of the runway I was still going to slow YIKES so I floored wide open and I barely got off the ground. I was wide open and could barely keep here in the air!!!! I made it around back to the runway and got her down with a deep exhaled breath. Long story short, on my crash the moffets I think there called, the two little round canisters on the ESC had gotten really bent upward. I carefully bent the down and she taxied well so I felt there had been no damage. Now I can see that perhaps the ESC was damaged and I was flying on half the ESC if you will. So I ordered a new on and it will get picked up Tuesday. So both planes really never got to fly that day. Tuesday is not that far away 😀

Take care and stay safe.
JP
Old 07-05-2020, 06:31 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick, Happy 4th to you too.

So good to hear from you! I see your still busy working on your home. I am hoping drains will give you the relief your looking for. Come back more often ya hear......👍
Old 07-12-2020, 05:16 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Glad everyone had a nice 4th!

I had off this year and so took my son to our flying area to shoot off fireworks and fly his new drone. Picked it up from Nitroplanes - its a Voyager 6 mini-hexa with onboard camera. We haven't tried out the camera feature yet but did enjoy a night flight with all the fireworks going off around us. It was a great time!

Mark

Old 07-13-2020, 10:17 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Glad to hear from you - hope your 4th was nice!

Your drainage project looks to be quite extensive, good luck with it and when its done you'll not have to worry about flooding any longer. I'm not familiar with the white type of hoses in your picture, just the large diameter black corrugated ones. I hope your not tackling that all by yourself! BTW, the houses in your subdivision look to have nice large yards and I like the look of the rolling hills. Not just flat all around.

JPEE,

Wow, talk about luck of the draw with that ESC mishap! To fly on half a working one and not have it smoke on you is serious luck. Glad you got both planes sorted out and ready for another flight. Congrats on your club acquiring the land and getting the insurance in place. A price to pay for security, not too bad.

I'm almost finished with the F16. Just completed the modifications for the elevator and need to do the servo's install. I did a static run this weekend - put 3 lipo's through her in the living room to make sure the ESC and afterburner were functioning properly. Happy to report no problems. Glad my wife was at work b/c it was loud and some stuff got blown around. But my son enjoyed running up and down the throttle

I also began work again on the train set. With the temps and humidity already being up there by 9am we really haven't been doing much flying the past couple of weekends. So I decided to start working on the final leg of the set. The shape of the train set is a U and I had finished up the first 2 sections so began work on the last one. This last section I don't believe I'll need to make it removable so we hit Home Depot to get some wood and screws.

And finally, I bought myself a new plane. Hahahahahaahahaha - I am crazy! lol

Figured I can splurge a tiny bit for my birthday. He, he.

So, some hints: (no pictures this time )

Its a jet (no surprise there!)
Vietnam era
Not a fighter

And this should give it away ... they made a movie about it.

Sooo, any ideas? Have fun!!

Mr. Cuss at me Mark

Old 07-16-2020, 07:05 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Today I am taking out the T-28 with its new ESC. I got a surprise when I did the install was blue to motor blue and red to motor red when fired up in the plane ran the motor BACKWARDS! So I reversed those two wires and she runs properly and.......feel real strong on the bench with torq +!

I took the Bixler out two days ago with the 28 to test them both. I took the Bixler up first and got about three laps and THEN she went dead-stick and no response to the TX and down she went! I need to pointed out She went in not far from where the 28 went in months ago?????? Long store short, my planes went in as they passed the housing tract across the wash bed, they HATE US. A week ago Thomas’s plane went in the same are too. So we are thinking there is a huge 2.4 GZ signal over there that’s breaking up our signals. It could be a rouge Microwave, it could be because so many over there are now home working and WIFI are cooking over there all day? Jason has a TX that will record the flight, the signal for RF in the air. When he lands from his beta flight we hope to see what’s in the air and search for any bursts. There is a real factor that someone that hates the field made a RF jammer from an old microwave and is intentionally shooting down our planes?
I filled the Bixler as she went in and thought I knew right where she fell..NOT! I had to hike out thought the wash looking down for “Rattlers” and make way to where I thought it was. It was just in the 90s and me not being a kid anymore it kicked my butt. I searched and searched and could not find it? I hiked back to the bench and truck and brought out my MAVIC drone out and searched the area and found it but could not see the drone for the sight. So I raised her up to 125’ and got a good metal picture of the road, the homes etc and had to bring her in with a low battery. I hiked out once again and once there in 5 min I had the plane, a term you’ll understand.....IT WAS A TOTAL LOSS! The servos, motor, rx all of that stuff looks good, still need a deeper check so there is salvage. I won’t replace her.

Back to the planes falling we are using Spectrum and Orange HK RXs so with two receivers being used we pretty much feel that’s not the issue. Although as Jason pointed out, niether send out rolling signals and frequencies like our Airtronics do and did and as his (forgot the name) TX that does that. Jason had explain without the rolling frequencies if we flew over there and there was a frequency from a router or microwave that was defective and letting signal leak out that once they broke the spectrum or clone spectrum signal from transmitter to receiver you’re done but with the rolling frequencies constantly kind a like your garage doors it would’ve grabbed it and kept on going and that’s why we haven’t seen any of those days expensive stuff. Oh I just remembered the name of his transmitter it’s a Graupner!

Oh my friend that’s it from California I’ve got the dash out this morning I believe I wrote back about your Fourth of July and George’s flight if I didn’t you did a fine job and I’m glad you guys got out and had a father and son Fourth of July. Take care....
JP
Old 07-16-2020, 07:28 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

How gut wrenching to hear of your crash, and to not know the cause of it. To be possibly too many WIFI signals being used or a distraught homeowner purposely using a device for the purpose of bringing down your aircraft just b/c he hates you guys is unreal. I hope you are able to track down the issue so you all can fly safely. I'm glad you were able to locate your Bixler and salvage some parts from it. The search sounded long and exhausting.

Take care and get some rest - things always look better in the morning.

Mark
Old 07-17-2020, 08:57 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark it’s 9:30 AM and you should be fast asleep LOL I did get up to the field last night with my P 40 jug which I did not fly because the sun went down a little sooner than I expected. But I did take up my 230 helicopter for two flights with no problem. And though there was still a stiff breeze I tried the T 28 with the two other guys watching, one of which Thomas who had lost his as previously mentioned. She flew wonderfully with the new ESC and even with the breeze she was strong and did well I was extremely tickled. I did have to go by the houses but I kept my range closer to me and made more of a hairpin turn to the left when I came in on my left down the runway and a perfect and I mean perfect no bounce touchdown I was shocked, Jason was standing beside me and said, great landing I didn’t have the heart to tell him other than thank you but it was an active God under the windy conditions.
before all of this Jason was the first to take up his GBee I think is the right name for it it’s a fast fast fast small airplane and I think I mentioned he uses that Graupner Transmitter and he went out and did his flights right over the houses did everything he could to aggravate them and when he came back he was going to read the radio to check and see what the RF emissions were in that area. We got to talking and what have you until it was dark and jumped on our cars and came home and I forgot to check with him. But the one thing we did notice while I was sitting there Jason came up I was looking at RF on my iPhone meaning how many wireless routers I was reading and there was six, Somewhere routers somewhere even printers by their names so that’s a lot of RF coming across the runway from where I stand and where they live and I have to fly through it on a non-rolling transmitter receiver. So it may be the right thing to do to step out of the spectrum products while I’m there at that field. My P 40 that I had brought that I couldn’t fly because it got too dark has the air Tronics, as does all of my helicopters, 700, 600, 500, but the little 230 is spectrum but I don’t get far enough over there because it’s so small it stays pretty close in. When I find out what Jason analyzer showed I’ll get back to you. I am also going to do some reading on my own because there is spectrum, then their spectrumX and spectrumDX I need to read up on that stuff. Take care have a wonderful weekend.

JPEE
Old 07-26-2020, 07:20 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Have you guys had the chance to look over the data from the flight over the houses to see if there's anything there? Very interested in your findings. I'm glad to hear you had some nice flights, plus an amazing landing (in wind) with your newly repaired T-28. The Jug will have to wait for another time - not worth chancing a flight if its too late in the day.

I received all my servo's for the F-16 and got everything redone and ready for flight. Took her up a few times this past week and was happy with how everything was working. But during flight, it sounded as if the motor shut down for a few seconds. It was the strangest thing b/c I couldn't be sure. I thought maybe the plane got to an angle where I couldn't hear the motor? So I did an emergency landing and tested it out when I got back home - full throttle test on the bench for 3 batteries. No problems. Took her back out and this time was flying slow, low, and close just in case - sure enough, it did cut out. Luckily the plane was controllable and I was able to land again with no issues. So for now she is grounded until I can figure this out. I'm thinking it may be the LED controller that might have been damaged and is causing some issues with the ESC. So my next step is to remove the LED controller and test it out.

And in the meantime, I have my new plane to get ready for its maiden...

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.