Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Should RCU open up a dedicated subforum here under Flight Simulators for Real Flight G3?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes
42.86%
no
33.33%
yes and have one for Reflex and another for AFPD also.
23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Should RCU open up a dedicated subforum here under Flight Simulators for Real Flight G3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 02:53 PM
rjm1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should RCU open up a dedicated subforum here under Flight Simulators for Real Flight G3?

Lets end this..for real

STL, i think your a *****, i probably always will...just dont like you or the attitude you have, you think you can police everything, and its not appreciated.

I used to would have said the same thing you do about rick, about him be argumentive, untill i looked close enough and realized that hes usually right on the money, a little on the loud side about things, but hes usually correct.

ALMA cant speak english and doesnt even know what hes saying, let alone what hes talking about

I dont think we'll ever see STL and rick hugging over a glass of cocoa, so its an endless argument.

Seems that me, 50% (maybe...dont want to put words in his mouth) and rick are never going to agree with you STL, so please, stay out of our posts, and we'll stay out of yours. There is obvious tension between us all, and the slightest nudge (look at the beginning of this thread, was just harmless poking at first) will escalate into one of these wars...even though i dont mind being in them (or even watching them without adding, its kinda fun to me) ... it IS afterall, against rcu policies...and we all know that. Plus, we're making the board look bad for the next new guy that might want to come here and share a model or two...

So how about it, end this? Close it up? Dont delete it...i hate that...just let it die on its own...please!
Old 02-14-2006, 02:59 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Should RCU open up a dedicated subforum here under Flight Simulators for Real Flight G3?

You see ... you have to go from one extreme to the other. There is no middle ground for you.

The reason you will not touch any models on aeroflypro.com has nothing to do with profit from sales. It has to do with the EULA that you break when you do it. Every website that hosts AFPD files have an EULA, this EULA is not just a guideline either, it's a breech of contract and illegal useage.

Why oh why must you be so dramatic about everything????
Old 02-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Rick Delten

Well since every freakin plane known to man is already made for AFPD I guess theirs nothing left for us G3 guys
Old 02-14-2006, 03:05 PM
rjm1982

Chill rick, your arguing with someone with no concept of reality it seem, leave this thread alone...let it die, or let him talk to himself, but stop feeding him...
Old 02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Rick Delten

Your right rjm1982 its time to move on.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:12 PM
STLPilot

Well since every freakin plane known to man is already made for AFPD I guess theirs nothing left for us G3 guys
Bull you can create almost every plane that is on AFPD, XTR and FMS and others. If you are going to make exact copies based of other sim models you need permission from the modelers. If they do not give you permission then you need to find sources to your own wireframes. Google can help you there.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:22 PM
ALMA

SO , hands of from what not is from you, look to the rules, that was what i would let you seen in that broken and half delete thread , remember Rick
Old 02-14-2006, 03:23 PM
rjm1982

One last post, and this is a question, not an insult.

On the deal of using the afpd craft to base his on.

If i were to be at an airshow, and took pictures of say a p51, brought it home, and used it as a reference for my 3d work, do i have to ask teh manufactuer or the plane if i can make that model for the sim? If there is a modification on it by its owner, would I have to ask him as well?

Same for the pictures on the web, has everyone thats posted the files as their own asked the original manufacturers of the aircraft to use it as a guideline and call it that?

If the wireframe is different, even if the profile is the same, its a different model, is it not?

Im not trying to be combative anymore, but what you say honestly confuses me.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:30 PM
STLPilot

OK great ... we can have a civil conversation. Love it!

If i were to be at an airshow, and took pictures of say a p51, brought it home, and used it as a reference for my 3d work, do i have to ask teh manufactuer or the plane if i can make that model for the sim? If there is a modification on it by its owner, would I have to ask him as well?
Yes, you can make your model based off your 3 views.

Same for the pictures on the web, has everyone thats posted the files as their own asked the original manufacturers of the aircraft to use it as a guideline and call it that?
In some cases yes, in some cases no. It all depends. Did you read my post about copying Spaceship One? It also depends if the image falls under fair use or not. Something that is considered "common" can be copied without permission. There are lots of laws and guidelines. A good modeler knows the difference. The Germans know the difference and that's why you never saw copying between XTR models and AFP models. But now we have a USA based sim and at least one modeler does not know the guidelines and laws.

If the wireframe is different, even if the profile is the same, its a different model, is it not?
In almost every case the wireframe is different. In the case of the flying lawnmower it was an exact copy of the AFPD model. Again information from a previous post.

I can tell you right now ... Knife Edge is putting something together right now for modelers and very soon you'll be reading it.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:35 PM
STLPilot

Lookie lookie what I found on Knife Edge Forum. Where Rick Delten is banned. It's funny what you find on the web, isn't it Rick?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67940.gif
Views:	11
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	408152  
Old 02-14-2006, 03:45 PM
ALMA

So , i cal that "FLAIR"
Old 02-14-2006, 03:47 PM
STLPilot

Agian Rick, nobody wants to stop you from making planes for G3. NOBODY!

But what you need to understand is that free does not mean take.

Create models for G3 ... make 1,100 of them. But have respect for those who created models before you.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:52 PM
TheParrot

STL, that proves nothing! Let's say that I made a model of a Mustang for AFPD. Then Rick says "Hmm I think I'll make a Mustang for G3 because I like the way Kevin's flies." So he goes and makes his Mustang for G3 and says "It's just like Kevin's for AFPD" Nowhere does it say he copied it, just that he made one just like it. I see no problem.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:57 PM
STLPilot

Good point. Well thought out.

BUT

Rick's copy is an exact copy of the AFPD model. The reason I know this is because I was one of the people that helped get it together. There are 2 things on the model which are specific to the AFPD model. Hence its a copy! I would assume your not a modeler for simulators, because if you were you would know how easy it is to spot copies. Oh ... plus the screenshot that said it WAS AN EXACT COPY OF THE AFPD MODEL.

I can assure you that modelers do not want their models copied. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. You have to be in "the game" to understand.

Like I said, Knife Edge will be coming out with an annoucement very shortly which will explain much more.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:06 PM
rjm1982

I am "in the game" ... im a modeler, havent gotten around to making anything for g3 yet, was in the process but it fizzled out, i did however at one time spend 60+ hours on a model for a racing sim that was spot on...and i intentionally changed a couple of things(mirror placement and shape, moved an air intake down the nose some) ...

Not 2 weeks later i seen what i thought was a direct copy. It wasnt. My "mods" were there..but the mesh was different, he had simply 3-viewed mine and made his own. I didnt have a problem with it as long as he modeled it. I didnt care that he used my model as a base (hell, i was flattered that he thought mine was close enough to real to use as a base)

What im asking, is if Ricks model is verified to be the exact wireframe? Not the same features, but the same vertex for vertex. If it isnt, its clear that your model was just used for reference, which to me is far from copying.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Rick Delten

Its no secret I was banned from the KE forums (in fact I thought everyone knew that). Its no secret that I was woirking on a Sky Cutter I announced it here (and RCGroups and KE forum) with pics, what 2-3 months ago and STL knew all about it. Its not an "exact" copy, their are alot of little differences but its a moot point since its not going to be released.

Sorry guys but my model making days are officially over, I can't see how its worth doing anymore if this is what it's going to be like.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Mudsurfer1234

ATTENTION! G3 FORUM IS UP!!!! [link=http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=44b86959f7ddb960006ec37ed90e5e8 e&f=56]LINK TO THE 24/7 100% DISCUSSION FORUM!!!![/link]

There you can discuss G3 all you like, and there is EVEN SUPPORT!!!! OMG!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!! YAY!!! POUR THE CHAMPAGNE!!! (or soda in my case[])

Only sad thing is that Rick went and got himself banned[&o] what a shame[&o]

EDIT:

DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is a humorous post and contains sarcasm
Old 02-14-2006, 04:16 PM
STLPilot

Listen RJM this is common sense. What your doing is making something simple, difficult. Rick copied the plane and he admitted to copying the plane. ITS A COPY! Rick also does not realize what he does is wrong. It's a breech of every EULA and Copyright out there. So which is worst? The fact he copied it ... or the fact what he did he doesn't think is wrong?

Think logic.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Matt Merciez
My Feedback: (34)

Dion,

One thing I am not sure of is the following rules for RCUniverse forums:

To balance this need for information and the need to prevent spamming of ads in our forums, we will allow the following to be posted:

Any current advertiser on RC Universe may post one announcement with product information or news no more than once every week (7 day minimum between announcements)
Based on the recent threads you have started for AFPD, it would appear you have exceeded the once every week criteria?? Am I misreading the above rule?

THanks,

Old 02-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Rick Delten

ORIGINAL: Matt Merciez

Dion,

One thing I am not sure of is the following rules for RCUniverse forums:

To balance this need for information and the need to prevent spamming of ads in our forums, we will allow the following to be posted:

Any current advertiser on RC Universe may post one announcement with product information or news no more than once every week (7 day minimum between announcements)
Based on the recent threads you have started for AFPD, it would appear you have exceeded the once every week criteria?? Am I misreading the above rule?

THanks,

Rules of this forum don't apply to STLPilot -he sent me a PM even though I switched PM's off for cryin out load. He somehow knows that I reported some of Almas post to the mods, he gave me a virus and then laughed about it.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Mudsurfer1234

Rick, that page was not a virus. we had it at school, pranked each other with it, but, when you click the X in the corner, another would open up. In order for that to happen, it must go in your computer (i dont know the fancy words) and make it reopen.

Dion did not send a virus, go to google and type in "you are an idiot", it runs a script that APPEARS as a virus, yet is totally harmful, except it makes you click the X alot.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Rick Delten

"yet is totally harmfull" I hope that was a typo[X(]

How does the script know what AntiVirus I a musing?
Old 02-14-2006, 04:28 PM
rjm1982

"Listen RJM this is common sense. What your doing is making something simple, difficult"

No...i think you are though.

Rick based his off the afpd one, but he didnt copy it...its not the mesh from AFPD, therefore it is not a copy, he created it. What he did is no different than taking pictures of a Ultra Stik and making a model from it....

It seems that you calling him a theif basically, is based more on your feelings towards him and less on fact.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:33 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Seems that me, 50% (maybe...dont want to put words in his mouth) and rick are never going to agree with you STL, so please, stay out of our posts, and we'll stay out of yours.
Rjm, I hope that isn't so. I'm sick of this constant bickering, and that's a reason this poll is up. How Rick made this Skycutter would from my limited understanding of creating models, looks like he went a little too far(I'm not exactly sure about how Rick made it and can't pass any judgment on him). However, If he were to have made it from dimentions easily gotten from somewhere(I don't know if you can see the specs in AFPD the way you can in G3) I would have no problem with it. However, STL's handeling of the issue and his constant trolling in G3 threads(not to mention the trojan) has caused me to not sympathize with him at all. With all this being said, some of ya'll may have seen the Chip vs. QQ threads in the AMA forum. In those threads, STL and I were completely against each other as far as thought goes, but we kept an open dialogue most of the time. To give an example of this, I had sent him a PM when it first started pretty much saying that I don't hold anything aginst him and am just debating the issue which I feel passionately about. To which he replied:
I totally agree! It's refreshing to be able to debate and not have them close the threads.

I admire your points of view and I think about them very hard, thus the editing.

America is also built on a right to agree to disagree.

BTW - You really did stump me on your last post. I've actaully had to turn to my lawyer for some advice on this one as you brought up a very good point. I have some things that I could say now about it, but I'm going to be doing some more thinking.

Thanks Chris! Fly hard!
You see, even though we all disagree about something, we can have an open dialogue. STL, what happened to that Dion Cini?

Now let's all get back to discussing why we should or shouldn't have a seperate G3 forum in a civil manner without talking about the FlyingthingZ Sky Cutter or the AFPD version Or Ricks fantastic rendition of it.

Thank-you,
50%
Old 02-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Mudsurfer1234

sorry rick, i meant " HARMLESS " that was a typo.

it's just a script to keep opening

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.