Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 02:27 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Well, I took apart the B400 motor a minute ago...and bad news on it. It appears that the shaft is what wears prematurely, not the bearing themselves.

This motor is done, no fixing that shaft...

Maybe I will send it back to Horizon after all...

Get any flying in today yet?

I finally got my batteries all charged.

I am putting the finishing touches on my Gaui order....gonna do it tonight!

Glenn

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig10972.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	984927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83532.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	984928  
Old 07-06-2008, 02:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Have you had a chance to fly any today? It is really cloudy here like it could storm soon. I got one pack in so far and I got to practice the funnels more. I am starting to understand what needs to be done to keep it from falling and rotating. And there is one stick input I thought I wouldn't need to do. When I started to think about it, the funnel is just a pirouette and a circle. My heart starts to race when I do one and I am as excited as when I did my first auto.

Hope you have some good weather.

Nick
Old 07-06-2008, 02:50 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

The wind was dead calm this morning and overcast. But, I have certain things (chores) that come first on Sundays. Now the sun is out, and the wind has picked up. I'll probably have to wait until tonight to fly. The best time for me to fly is right before it gets dark...

That is cool that you are doing new stuff, and getting better at it....that is the cool thing about helicopters, there is almost no limit to the number of new things you can do and try...

So, I'm gonna fly tonight, unless it rains. It was quite windy last night when I started, and it got easier and easier as the wind went down later on in the evening.

I am reading of some quality control issues with the Gaui 200's...a couple of guys have blade grips that the bearing holes are too big buy like .004 inch, but that is enough to cause a problem. One guy just got his, and is going to get in touch with Readyhobby, to see what they can do. I will be curious how they handle it....

Most of the guys suggest taking the entire heli apart, inspecting everything, and reassembling it. I will probably do this as well. Almost like building a heli from a kit...

I am pretty sure I will need your advice on setting up the gyro, since I have never done that from scratch before...I'll let you know when it comes time!

Have fun with your new moves!

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 02:51 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Too bad about the motor. There are probably no shafts by themselves? On my E-Sky motor the shaft was held in by a set screw, so if there was a shaft I could replace it if I had too.

Did you have to wait till morning to finish charging the batteries?

Cool you are going to get the Gaui soon. If it is from Readyheli you should get it very soon. I saw the people from Readyheli talking to finless on Helifreak and it seems like they want to make the customer happy and this hobby better. When I was watching finless videos again I found some things I might have assembled wrong on the T-Rex. I didn't know the cup of the thrust bearing is suppose to point towards the center of the helicopter and that the pieces that go around the thrust bearing have two different I.D. So I probably put those in the wrong spot. Then he assembled the flybar cage on a table to get it straight and I did mine on the helicopter. Then on the ball links he said there is an A on the side that is supposed to face away from the ball, but I did that all right by an educated guess. Then I didn't know I could use a part of the ball link pliars to grip the spindle and take the one hard screw to get out easier.

Nick
Old 07-06-2008, 03:02 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The only thing I don't like about flying later in the day is the clean up on the blades. There are a lot of bugs that come out in the evening here and my blades are covered with bug splatter.

All the things that are possible with helicopters makes it interesting and never boring.

I like to take it apart and rebuild it. I check now because of finless to see if the bearings are oiled and the thrust bearings are greased. Then to see if all the screws that need thread lock have them. And also to see if it was assembled right.

I have never used a G110 before, but I will try my best to help out if you need it.

Nick
Old 07-06-2008, 03:37 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I just wrote you a long message, and it wouldn't go through. That makes me so mad....

I'll write later on....

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 03:40 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry that happen to you. I try to type as fast as I can, but sometimes the same thing happens to me.

Nick
Old 07-06-2008, 03:55 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I am keeping my messages short from now on.

Yeah, I finished the batteries today, I stayed up until 3AM watching a movie and charging batteries last night!

I am looking into a work stand for the Gaui, since it's going to be very difficult to handle the very small screws and parts with tweezers and hemostats, and magnifying glasses (so they tell me!!).

I think I am going to get a small swivel type vise to mount on the work table from Readyhobby...

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 03:57 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Some of the screws are 1.6mm, that is TINY! Imagine how small a 2mm screw is, and it's almost half as thin!

I don't have any hemostats, so I'll get a pair when I order.

I will ask my preliminary gyro question in the next post...

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 04:01 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I am kinda splurging on the Gaui, because I am caught up on bills, but next month I have an insurance payment due, so no more fun after this new heli for a while!

I am thinking about selling the CX2, but it's not worth selling, probably. I like the Hirobo XRB much better, and I rarely fly either coaxial these days...

The future of the other CPP is unknown at this time...LOL

Take care,

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 04:03 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

The gyro question is just a basic one, I think I understand...see if I'm on the right track...

You use "rate mode" (whatever that is supposed to mean?) to set up the gyro, with a radio setting below 50%?

Then you switch to HH mode once you get the basic setup correct, and then fine tune the amount of gyro over 50%?

I think my B400 is at about 62.5% in HH mode right now...

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 04:08 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry I can't post very much right now. I am getting ready for work, so when I get back tonight I will answer your questions.

Nick
Old 07-06-2008, 04:12 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds good, I'll be around!

Later!

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Deftones123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im selling my cp pro, I just bought a esky honeybee king 2 with all upgraded to brushless and digital servos yay lol
Old 07-06-2008, 08:14 PM
rotarydoc

Hey DEF!!

I thought you changed screen names? Did you keep your original one?

HEY, cool on the new heli, congratuations!!

Did you mail order it, or get it at the LHS?

It will be the best move you have made in RC helis, anything is easier to fly than the CPP...

I don't think I'll be far behind you, I may very well sell (or try to, LOL) my original CPP too...

I have my Gaui coming this week too, and JPEE is getting a Quark, we'll all be in heli heaven!!

Great to hear. I was worried you might give up on helis alltogether after the CPP. Some people do...

GOOD FOR YOU!!

You'll have to get most of your tips from Nick and others, I don't know too much about them...but don't forget us in the Blade forum!!

Talk to ya,

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 08:28 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

actually someone bought it last mintue before I got a chance too, sucks it was only used twice, and was all brushless for 120 bucks shipped, kinda pissed lol, but I got 415 bucks for my b-day, im deff getting a new heli for sure
Old 07-06-2008, 08:51 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Well, if you are sure you are going to sell the CPP, maybe wait and sell it, and put that towards a belt tail heli?

At any rate, if you get a belt driven tail heli, you're going to like it alot better. Especially if it's a larger heli as well. The bigger, the more stable and easier to fly...

Good luck with your search for a new heli!

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 08:52 PM
HeliStyle

yeah the one I almost bought was belt driven, seemed really nice, but I have the money so Im just looking around for something lol nice to have money
Old 07-06-2008, 09:32 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yeah, I used to have some money...until I hit that "order now" button for the Gaui!!

That is one cool heli, but it's sure not cheap...

The heli itself isn't bad, but I ordered alot of crash parts with it, and some batteries, and tools, etc.

Thank goodness I already have a gyro, receiver, transmitter, and CX2 batteries for it, or it would have been more!

Hope you find something you like soon!

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 09:38 PM
HeliStyle

damm, those helis are amazing, the videos are impressive, im sure you will love the gaui, im just going to deposit all that money I got into the bank and look around for a decent deal on a heli, and im going to sell all my parts for my cp pro that I bought still in the package and sell my cp pro without the batteries, hopefully I can get like 60 bucks for it, im not including the charger, or battery or blades for it, just the heli,radio,orignal box and instructions for it, ill be posting it soon on ebay
Old 07-06-2008, 09:59 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

That sounds like a good deal....that way you can put whatever you can get for hte CPP towards a better heli...I was thinking you might like the Belt CP like evedreamer has, that seems like a pretty good heli, I know he learned alot from his..

Or, if you can hold out, it's sure hard to beat a Blade 400....they have come down some, I have seen them on eBay for $394 plus shipping...

I think the Gaui 200 is going to be awesome, but it is also going to be alot of work and time to get setup right. It seems that when they are setup right, they are very sweet, but if they are just a little bit off....they don't fly too well. That is the problem with such a small heli...they are very finicky...it's not going to be an easy flier like the Quark either, it is going to be a bit of a handful...but not a handful like the CPP's are, the tail will be very well behaved once it is properly setup.

I am hearing alot about how difficult they are to work on.....guess I will find out for myself soon! The screws are TINY on this thing!

Hope you have good luck with selling the CPP...

Did I tell you I got $86 for mine? I probably could have gotten more, if I had listed it longer. I just did a one day auction as an experiment, never tried that before.

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 10:04 PM
HeliStyle

86 bucks isnt to bad at all, I want to at least get 60 bucks for mine and I will be happy, yeah im deff get a belt driven heli, no way around it really lol
Old 07-06-2008, 10:09 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

You should be able to get $60 for it, if you list it for longer than I did. I was pretty happy with $86 for it, that paid for the servos on the Gaui (almost!).

About the only heli with a tail motor I would ever recommend to someone would be the Quark. It's a tail motor heli DONE RIGHT...

I had to decide on the Gaui between a belt driven tail, and a shaft driven tail. Each has it's own advantages. I picked the belt tail for now, I can always upgrade later on.

I don't know what I am going to do with my CPP yet, but for now, it's going to sit...

Glenn
Old 07-06-2008, 10:22 PM
HeliStyle

lol yeah with the cp pro I agree with you, I like the cp pro and all but all this talk about belt driven makes me want one and seeing the cp pro by so many people is so hard to fly just after I had my experience with it just put a bad taste in my mouth, ill listing my cp pro tommorrw on ebay for 3 days, so I can get some extra money to put towards another heli
Old 07-06-2008, 10:49 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds awesome! I hope you do well with the eBay auction.

I am sorry that the CPP didn't work out for you, but I am glad you didn't get totally discouraged! This is a great hobby, especially if you can get a heli that flies nicely. The differerence between flying a CPP, and a Blade 400 or similar heli is like night and day!!

I hope you get a nice heli soon, you will enjoy it so much more!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.