Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 09:05 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE ~

Well..... I guess the adventures never end with this hobby eh ?! Glad to see ya recover your CX2 ..... Wouldn't want ya to have to get out the ol' chainsaw or something.... Another that works well for retreival is PVC pipe... Put as many pieces together as you like for the length you need. You can get pretty high ! Don't ask me how I know...LMAO...

That will be fun to take the heli's on a trip to the dessert... I've always wanted to take mine to the huge sandy Cali beaches here, but fear of those coastal winds with my flying experience had me think otherwise... Plus I wasn't sure on the sand thing possibly getting in the motor can or electrics in case I did crash... But it would be so cool !

Take care feller, BTW.... I think Glenn is using the E-Flite 40 amper... Pro one maybe ?

~ Jeff
Old 10-05-2008, 09:41 PM
JPEE

Hi Jeff,

Your right on the PVC pipe trick. My neighbor is a landscaper and has 200 feet on hand in the yard. However, though we did think of that it would not work in this situation. The reason was the fibers of the palm and wound themselves around themaint shaft and blade nixing the idea of the PVC, a cutter was needed.

I would NEVER fly at the beach simply because I would not want salt water humidity in or around my heli or TX. I have seen TV's and stereos from the back side of beach homes and the elcetronics look like they have cancer! Look my desert bike and fly place, its called El Mirage and it is by the town of Victorville. A few times a year the guys that run at Bonnieville Salt Flats run there too!

I found Glenn's old email and it was an Eflite Power 10, 40 amper

Smiles JPee
Old 10-05-2008, 10:34 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE, glad you got the CX2 out of the tree....I was thinking about what I would do if I ever got into that situation, and Home Depot is right down the road...great idea on the PVC pipe...hope I never need it, but I'm glad you guys mentioned it!

Yep, the 40 amp Eflite Pro ESC...haven't looked back since I installed that baby. Nice upgrade, doesn't even get hot....just warm, and cools down pretty quickly too. They must have a different (spelled better quality) supplier for those than the stock ESC's on the B400, plus I think that 25 amps is just barely adequate.

Sounds like fun on the Quads and the RC aircraft! Hope the Quark makes it back in time for the journey...I would think you would want to take the blades off for the trip?

Hope you get 401 fixed soon too.

Jeff, how can you resist putting the 500 together??!! LOL! I know, it's too hard to transport...but I know you're just ITCHING to maybe put a few pieces together...lol

Not much flying planned for me this week, I got the nod to go ahead with the heads the way they are on the Subaru, so I'll probably be spending most of my evenings this week at work, doing a little bit here and there to it.

I have no idea why the B400's RX is dead...have to look at it when I get some time.

You guys have a NICE MONDAY tomorrow...LOL!

Glenn
Old 10-05-2008, 10:54 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff, how can you resist putting the 500 together??!! LOL! I know, it's too hard to transport...but I know you're just ITCHING to maybe put a few pieces together...lol
Lol.... I know I'am surprised ! I keep plenty entertained however with my 450 though... Yeah the 500 sits in the same spot on the floor from the day I brought it home on Friday... Haven't opened any of the plastic bags or anything... Just the canopy... The jewel of any heli ! I got all winter to put that together along with the Logo, and a plane (Funtana X) Its gonna be a long cold winter...Lol...

I got plenty on the platter to keep busy with. Time to stop on the purchases for a bit. But I do want the Gaui as soon as funds can start to replenish back a bit....

Take care Glenn,

~ Jeff

Old 10-05-2008, 11:06 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I don't think companies should pick to use a 25 ESC on a 450 sized helicopter because I have heard many people with their Belt CP's lighting on fire and the ESC was the cause. I don't know if it is because of the current capabilites of the ESC or just the brand of ESC.

Are you going to fly the MCX while taking a break on the Subaru? Then you could fly some this week.

Jeff,

Are you going to be doing some 3D soon with the Funtana?

Nick
Old 10-05-2008, 11:29 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

The Funtana is still in the box...LMAO...! I got the Park 480 motor for it and a AR6100 just need to pick up servos and a esc still.... That's the funny thing, I got to much on my platter right now.... That's what's cool about the Gaui, is they have it all put together for ya already...... Hmmmmmm..... No, I can't go there yet !

I hear ya on those 25 amp esc's ! I simply still to this date, can't understand why E-Flite and Esky do that.... That just doesn't make sense to me. Way under-amped by far... I've read of a few times also of the 400's and many of the Belt Cp's catching fire also here on RCU, and Heli-Freak... Crazy...

This is one reason why My Jazz esc and Glenns 40 amper don't get much warm at all, because the heli is now running so much more effecient... I think 40 amps is a good starting point. My 35 a Align esc wouldn't get hot hot.... But it got pretty warm... This Jazz isn't even warm. This is why I want to get a infra-red heat gun soon, so I can take a pic of the reading and show folks the difference... Its crazy...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-06-2008, 12:15 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Hey........... Look !....... Yer Twin brother ! Lol..... http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...=1&memid=28454
Old 10-06-2008, 12:48 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

LOL! rotordoc!

It looks like he joined RCU long before I did...I guess I got lucky to get my name that I wanted...

That's pretty funny!

Glenn
Old 10-06-2008, 05:25 PM
JPEE

Hey Jeff,

Today at 2:35 pm. I got to hold what I hope to be my next Newborn.........................a T-Rex 500. Oh! she smelled so nice just like a newborn should. I really liked the size and heft of the heli. My Heli geek at the LHS said (and he gives lessons) that this heli is 10 times more stable than the 450. I am shooting you a PM so please check your box, (non urgent).

JPee
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

P.M. sent.... Also... That's why my LHS guys blocked the door on letting me get the Trex SE V2 that I had originally in my hands...Lol.. The owner, and two others who own and fly the 450/ 500/ and 600 Trex.... They ALL said the 500 is as stable as the 600, but still can perform like the 450... As also quoted in my RC-Heli magazine... And not to big to still be able to fly it in smaller areas... If you compare prices to the 450, the 500 parts are the same to only a bit more than the 450... And a good 6-cell 2200 mah is only from $100.00-$130.00... The 450 batts say like the TP Pro-lites, are about $80.00.... Not to much more ! Plus the CF blades for the 500 were the same as the 450 for some brands, while some others also were only $15-25.00 more...

I like mine so much, and I haven't even put it together or flown it...LMAO... If I wasn't interested in the Gaui, I'd probally try and muster funds for another 500 ! Lol...!

Anyway, keep us updated ! I would say jump on one....

Take care JPEE..... BTW..... If you wanted to see maybe some of the best sites to order one from, Nick may know, or just post an inquiry over in the Trex forum here on RCU.... You may get some hits on some good deals, that guys know where to order from and such....

~ Jeff
Old 10-06-2008, 08:46 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yay internet is finally up in the new house, actually took out my small heli out for a quick session but come to find out my 2.4ghz 4 in 1 is gone, so I just ordered a new one which was 40 bucks, kinda sucks was looking forward to fly tonight, feels nice to have internet once again, how is everyone doing and whats the discussion been about? I have alot of catching up to do,
Old 10-06-2008, 08:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

yay internet is finally up in the new house, actually took out my small heli out for a quick session but come to find out my 2.4ghz 4 in 1 is gone, so I just ordered a new one which was 40 bucks, kinda sucks was looking forward to fly tonight, feels nice to have internet once again, how is everyone doing and whats the discussion been about? I have alot of catching up to do,
Heli ~

Great on getting your internet connection up and running... But I bet its even nicer having a nice big yard to fly in huh ?! So cool.... Can I come over and play to ?! Glad to have ya back... Hey... Nick got a Gaui 200 SD ! [8D] Nothin' to crazy has been happening... Life as usual on your thread here...Lol..

Talk with ya later, & take care !

~ Jeff
Old 10-06-2008, 09:12 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear you got a T-Rex 500 also. Can't wait to see how you like the flight characteristics.

Helistyle,

Sorry you couldn't find your 4in1. Have you flown the CPP yet at the new place? I had a tail failure on the CPP a few weeks ago which ended in a crash and haven't flown it since. Instead I got a Gaui 200 like Jeff said. Then yesterday I had a failure in the tail for the Gaui and T-Rex and ended up crashing those too. The Gaui is a very fun helicopter to fly and it is cheaper to fix after a crash than a pair of blades for the CPP.

Nick
Old 10-06-2008, 10:04 PM
JPEE

Nick,
Sorry I was not clear. I only held the 500 and then asked to a price work up. I got a draft of $1,170.00 with everything for heli including (1) battery "bound" to my DX6i. I have looking on our Sale Forums and man there some good deals there too for a 500. So I am snooping and doing some homework. Jeff gave me some insites as well as he is the newest owner of a 500 as you know. Damn kid called me and old time too! Godda talk that boy.

Smiles JPee........sliding over to the TV
Old 10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
J-MICHAEL

Damn kid called me and old time too! Godda talk that boy.
.....Lol.... You know I love ya.... !
Old 10-06-2008, 10:20 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I missed the hold part in your previous post. I assume it was the CF version with the blades? Have you checked out the Zippy batteries? They are a little heavier than normal batteries, but can deliver the same amount of current at about half the price of the expensive brands. I used two on the CPP and they have a lot of power. I think a 6S 4800mAh Zippy battery for the T-Rex 600 is $100 and that is around the price of a normal T-Rex 500 battey, so it would be even less for a T-Rex 500 battery.

Nick
Old 10-06-2008, 11:44 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

What I was saying is JEFF called me an "old timer" due to my senior age of 60 in another mail so I was jibing him back by calling him a kid!

Yes I am very familure with the Zippies. I did read up on them and found overall for what your spending they are a good battery. However there were several complainets that they really wind up have less mah than touted. Just as I was ready to buy some for a try my LHS who just happens to be EHOBBY HOUSE who is owned Helihobby showed me their own label Lightening Power /anti puff batteries so I bought one for my 400's and two for my CX2. The meet their spec so I am tracking like now all of my batteries to what I get out of them overall. Then I'll have a yardstick so to say for my next battery purchase.

Today I just held and looked at the 500 and got some store pricing. And after looking at our Forums sellers page there are several there for some "fair" not cheap prices. I am not rushing into anything but I have got to tell you, that sucker is BIG and impressive.

Smiles JPee
Old 10-07-2008, 09:51 AM
evdreamer

Guys I just ordered a Scorpion motor, a CC 25A ESC, and some 7.4V 25C Outrage batteries for the Gaui. I should be covered in the power department. I am going to wait to fix the T-Rex until the torque tube comes out. I heard it was supposed to be out before December.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah its very nice having a huge yard, I just can't wait to fly in the back yard, the last two weeks have been very very busy with work, and fixing up the house, its been 4:30am to 9pm at night for the past 2 weeks now and its taking a toll on me big time. Last night was the first night I actually took out the heli's to look at them, come to find out my 2.4ghz 4 in 1 in my walker 4#3b was cooked, doesn't work anymore so it was 40 bucks for a new one. Everyone is getting new helicopters but me lol
Old 10-07-2008, 08:49 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

How's everyone doing?

I'm fine, just busy, as predicted with the Forester project. It's coming along very well, got the heads back on today, and hopefully will get it done before too long...haven't had alot of time for the helis lately with that going on...

Heli, sounds cool on the big back yard, I'll bet it will be fun!

Nick, awesome on the power upgrades for the Gaui! Did you ever figure out if the original ESC was bad? Have your repair parts come in yet? I haven't flown, although the weather has been very nice. But getting the car on the road will be worth it in the long run.

Hope everyone is doing well, and getting some flying in!

Glenn
Old 10-07-2008, 09:08 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am bored out of my mind from not being able to fly. That is what I like about having more than one helicopter when one is crashed.

Good to hear you are getting closer to finishing the Forester.

No I haven't found out if the Gaui ESC was bad or not, but the new CC ESC should be a lot better since its continuous current rating is higher than the max current the motor can handle. I ordered the repair parts with the new power upgrades, so I still have a couple of days for them to get here. I ordered enough for four crashes, hopefully I don't break anything I don't have. The weather was perfect for flying here also. I bet the Subaru will be great for carrying the helicopters around.

Nick

Old 10-08-2008, 05:10 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys....

If you think your tail belt is a pain sometimes, try the Forester one on for size!!

All 4 cams and the crank have to be EXACTLY in time with each other...

Going to try to drop it back in tomorrow.

Sorry I don't have any heli news, but hopefully I'll be done with this soon, and get back on the heli track!

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53828.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1048256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86337.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1048257  
Old 10-08-2008, 06:26 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn, very nice.

What is that engine, Japanese, German, Korean, Chinese, can't be Amercian.

It looks like a big VW !
JPee

Old 10-08-2008, 09:08 PM
rotarydoc

Hey JPEE,

Japanese of course! Subaru is also known as Fuji Heavy Industries....the whole car is made in Japan, that's the best part about it!

It's a horizontally opposed 4 cylinder, AKA "boxer" ....AKA "pancake" AKA "flat four" ....and as you pointed out, very similar to a VW engine, in fact, it is sometimes transplanted into VW's...just need a liquid cooling system to go along with it...lol

I am hoping to be able to drop it in tomorrow with any luck...

Glenn
Old 10-08-2008, 11:17 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Don't you just love DOHCs. LOL It sounds like you are making some good progress with the Subaru.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.