Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 07:48 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Nick,

hope you really enjoy your trip to the company gala. Yes networking is very important for your wife for sure it’s a part of the business model. May all of your roads be twisty uphill downhill and bring adventure, and most of all be careful but yet enjoy it.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

JP
Old 12-25-2021, 07:36 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Wink

Merry Christmas John & Nick !!

Last edited by Aframomum; 12-25-2021 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-25-2021, 08:45 PM
JPEE

Mark I hope everything you got for Christmas need to be powered with a fuel cell, a rocket engine, or a Lipo to help the bigger boxes it were under the treeMark I hope everything you got for Christmas need to be powered with a fuel cell, a rocket engine, or a Lipo to help the bigger boxes it was under the tree.

JP Merry Christmas 8:45 PM Pacific standard time
Old 01-01-2022, 07:38 PM
Aframomum

Want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year - 2022.

Hope everyone had a nice meal to enjoy!

Mark
Old 01-02-2022, 09:06 AM
JPEE

Good Sunday morning Mark and family, we wish you and yours a very happy new year in 2022. Let’s hope that this year is car repair nonexistent! Further that this year will be your best RC flying year with rockets, airplanes and helicopters 🚁
we spent New Year’s Eve here at home has always had a wonderful dinner and then try to stay up as late as possible and add midnight my daughters called as we do traditional and just share a few words and then it was off to bed. RC related.
My buddies asked me to go up to the local park where they fly there hand pitched gliders I think it’s DSL‘s or d something. There’s a hook on the wing and they twirl around twirl around and then release it and it goes up in the air and it’s carbon fiber and just a few grams and then they look for thermals to catch the lift. They asked me to go, and I said everything I have is that my other place and then I realized, I’ve got several things here to fly but then the realization came up and slapped me in the face as both my transmitter’s are not here, so that’s a no fly thank you very much. Then last night as I’m sitting here I don’t know why it popped into my head but……. my old DX6-i is outside in a drawer and the Radian is Horizon product so I should be golden. I’m going to take my radian glider put it out on a airplane mount I have on the table and rebind it if I remember how to do it, and I’m serious. All I need is throttle aileron elevator and rudder.

Let’s start the new year off right, up in the air!

JPEE
Old 01-08-2022, 07:42 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

And welcome to 2022!

Have been a bit busy at work but no real surprise.

Yes JPEE, want this year to be full of heli flying and rocket launching. And so far it looks to be promising!

I got my son our first 2 stage rocket for Christmas and have already had 2 successful launches - both with recovery of the first stage. The first stage is just a section with fins that contains the 1st engine - it gets jettisoned as the second stage is ignited and falls away. You really have to watch it fall as the rest of the rocket streaks even further up. Suffice it to say we spent quite a bit of time searching the first launch to find that small stage. But it was a heck of a launch and everything worked perfectly. I'll have to upload some video's of our launches in the next few days.

I do have some car work to do this year - change out the filter and some fluid for the automatic tranny sometime this month and then change out the spark plugs and wires before the weather starts to warm too much. I don't know if I mentioned before but I try to do a fluid/filter change with the tranny at least once a year just to keep it in as best working condition as I can. Also try to include a quart or two of Royal Purple ATF in the mix. I'm hoping that will be the extent of car work for this year.

I do have some yard projects to do: the main is to pressure wash the driveway and reseal it. We have those dreaded brick pavers instead of concrete and they get all molded up from all the moisture we have here in Fl. So you have to pressure wash the pavers to clean them up. Then replace all the lost sand in-between them. Last step is to spray a sealer that hardens up and protects it all for the next several years. I look at it as a chance to pick up a pressure washer that I can use for car washing - win, win.

JPEE,

I'm glad you remembered you had your old DX6 and were able to bind it to your Radian glider so you could get some soaring in with your buddy.

I'm also happy you had a nice traditional Christmas spent with your daughters eating good homemade food and enjoying the season.

Nick,

I hope your move to Ohio is complete and you guys are getting settled in. I think you may have to wait for a nice weather day to take your bike for spin. Your not too far from Pittsburg - if your a NFL fan you may want to catch a game there.

The Charity Auto sounds like a great place to work on your car and get experienced help. I all too well remember the challenges of working on your car outside being exposed to the elements.

Enjoy your time in Orlando and remember, you may want to pack a pair of shorts and tee shirts - no snow down here! Seriously, we hit 80 last week.

Mark

A picture of our Mongoose 2 stage rocket just before launch this morning:

Last edited by Aframomum; 01-08-2022 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-10-2022, 08:05 AM
JPEE

Hey Mark, the Rocketeer!

Your two stage rocket is AWSOME. Seeing where you launch from looks to be a great open area, but still you must hike a bit the for downed rockets 🚀. Great fun indeed, the little man must be having so much fun.

Wow, have never heard of changing tranny fluid annually unless your cover huge miles or towing. In any case, better safe than sorry. I can imagine your garage gets hot in your seasons and or humid as well. So yes, getter done now so you don’t have to battle the elements later. That’s a very smart idea to put the royal purple in the tranny is like adding STP to the engine. LOL, when you first started explaining about your driveway and the pavers I just thought, go out there and spray round up that’ll kill all the mold weeds and everything else and leave your driveway spotless! I guess that’s kind of dark humor considering what round up does the human beans so your way of steam cleaning is the way to go. I do have a new weed killer I use which is made up of vinegar and Epson Salts I got from the Internet and it really works well. Slower than the chemical commercial weed sprays but it still works very well. I use it in my flowerbeds around certain sprinkler heads and it’s just mixture of salt, vinegar and Dawn soap and as you can see it is organic! your system and where you get to seal the sand and the pavers which will last a few years is pretty nice too.

The sad point about my DX6i is the roller knob on the right that lets you select the aircraft you are to fly and make adjustments in its programming is dead. Meaning the minute I touch it I don’t have a chance to press it down and roll it through the categories it’s wildly sensitive and making it unable to use. I took the transmitter apart and took that switch out to see if I could modify it but it’s just worn out the micro switch underneath the roller is just done and nobody sells it you can get it repaired by sending the transmitter back to Horizon, not! I found a USED PRE-OWNED roller switch on eBay with a $40 price tag…..NOT!! So I went with my second transmitter an old DX5E from when I had my Apprentice airplane, And she works fine. I did not get a chance to fly yet most of my stuff is not here if you get my drift so I had to order a deans to EC-3 Connector to go to the charger that’s here and those will arrive tomorrow late afternoon then I’ll be set to charge the batteries. Right now we’re having terribly high winds of 35 miles per hour today and for a few days after. Generally speaking the guys go up to do the glider work on Sundays up at the Dam Park area we are in the afternoon then it fills up with soccer teams and baseball teams but we always have the mornings to ourselves.

I don’t have to tell you about the Virus Omicron, My friend a nurse of 20 years is just on the tail end of his fifth I repeat number five about with the Covid. It has us literally terrified to even go to the grocery store we have friends that the entire household like the nurse the whole household gets it and it just sweep through like wildfire and hours somebody will have it in the family and by late that evening the rest are starting to come down it’s frightening that the Chinese virus like this could disable our military in a heartbeat if there is a precursor of going to battle crippling this country to be able to defend itself and be shorthanded.

Happy new year and may 2022 to be better for all of us than 2021 was.

OUT

Old 01-19-2022, 09:27 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Old 01-20-2022, 08:40 AM
JPEE

JPEE

Old 01-22-2022, 10:34 PM
Aframomum

Hi all,

Nick - hope you had a nice birthday. Although January is probably a bit too cold for a bike ride maybe you will get lucky and have a nice day for an outing. Ohio has some nice back roads.

JPEE - I don't need to tell you but yee haw is the word of the month at my job. We are back to having beds in the walkways in the ER and patients waiting to go to the floor after being admitted. Not going to say all covid but with winter we have many visitors from northern states who stay the winter down here. So in addition to covid, we also have cancer survivors, cardiac issues/chest pains, GI bleeds, etc. Plus personnel shortages, and employees coming down with covid...Yee Haw indeed.

I do change my tranny fluid annually. My reason being - I don't need any of my gear clutches going bad/wearing out on me. If I lose one, then I lose that gear and the whole tranny needs a rebuild. I'm also a bit hard on my transmission with the mods I made (drilling the plate and removing the accumulator springs) so figure if I want to continue my fun launches from stoplights then I better take care of my tranny.

I hear you on your DX6i roller - my DX8 has a finicky roller and at times can be frustrating. Glad you had your DX5 to fall back on.

Do you still have the icharger 4010 Duo? I have been looking around since the company that made my charger is now out of business - Revolectrix. Not planning on doing anything now as I haven't had a single issue with it, but knowing there's no support for it any longer, it would be nice to have a back up plan.

This past week I did a bit of driveway repair - no pressure washing but repositioning of the pavers. Along the side of our driveway there is a concrete barrier to hold the pavers in place. However, in a few years time the concrete cracked and so the pavers started to separate/migrate as we drove our cars over them. No warranty coverage either, so a DIY repair.

I removed all the concrete and then began removing the pavers in small sections. Had to clean up the pavers of old sand, dirt, roots and do the same for the compacted base. Then reposition the pavers and use a piece of wood and hammer to pack them in tightly. I used a polymeric sand to fill in between the pavers then wet it all with a garden hose to allow the sand to seal and harden. The last thing I need to do is to mix and pour cement to build up a new barrier. It has been a heck of a job and I'm still a bit sore but happy that I finally was able to get most of it done.

Mark

Old 01-23-2022, 10:20 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

You are absolutely right, you don’t have to explain about the Covid omicron business we’re in now. My friend is a 20 year nurse and has worked everything from convalescent, pediatric, ER and is well-rounded. A week and a half ago he came down with his fifth occurrence of Covid. His first case kicked his butt big time, times number two number three number four we’re not so bad. This fifth one kicked his butt like the first one did! His wife is a nurse too and she’s working the Covid ward at her hospital. So she brought it home this time and has given it to the family which is a two-year-old and an eight-year-old their children. They fare through the best.

I fully understand on the transmission with the information you provided on this post. Your transmission is your best friend lol, and you don’t want him to let you down when it counts. The thing I’ve never liked about servicing the transmission is, is that you can’t get the used fluid out of the torque converter so you’re mixing and matching. Back in the day I remember they used to be able to hook a pressure line and push the fluid out of the torque converter so you were getting a complete change but I understand they don’t do that any longer.

Yes the DX6i is a dead baby. I did put it back in the drawer because it has all of the settings for my old blade 400 helicopter and others that every few years I’ll pull up throw a battery in and fly. My grandsons got a DX6i that I bought him when he started to fly, So that’s always available to me to move the information over to. The wind has been blowing here for a few weeks off and on but especially on the weekends right now we’ve had four days of tree bending wind so I’ve not had a chance to go out and fly the glider.

Yes I have the duo but is at the other place. I have a second one that was gifted to me for Christmas but it was slightly used and only came with the two cords coming out or the balancing strips but no other lines to hook to the battery, however on the Hyperion everything was there except, it had a deans and the batteries for the glider or EC3. So for nine bucks I ordered four of them and I’m good to go for my three batteries. They do have some newer State of the Art iChargers however, I didn’t really care for them they made them compact and I prefer this that’s a little perhaps bigger or not but I like the way the face and the buttons are laid out much better than the new ones. They still sell my model they’re not gonna get rid of it.

OMGOODNESS, what a backbreaking task. When I was younger yes I’d attack some thing like that but not anymore. That’s when my telephone finger works the best dial in those digits get a youngster in there like you to do it. I admire that you take your time and you do it right, as the old saying goes if you’re going to do it do it right I learned that from the old timers when I got my first job and it sure paid off is good advice in my lifetime. Well done well done Mark…………. What do you use for weed control in the cracks? When I stopped using Roundup I search the Internet and I may have already told you this but I use a solution of white vinegar Dawn dish soap and Epson salt and it works great. The only thing it’s lacking that it won’t hit and kill the first time is some thing there is a character or a water type plant like a geranium or other plants that have buds with that are filled with water but for common weeds in the grass and going around the sprinkler heads and under the roses and what have you even my lemon tree works great look it up it’s on the web.

Cheers JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 01-23-2022 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:49 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Hope the weather and winds have given you some relief and you have been able to get out and fly again. We've had intermitted rain and winds since the weekend so no flying. But it gives some time to get other things done.

I know exactly the transmission flush procedure your talking about. I do believe they still do that - hook it up to a machine and replace all the fluid in one trip. I think the newer all sealed transmissions (no dipstick, no fill plug, no pan/filter) have theirs serviced that way.

Mine was just too old and never serviced before I got it (146K miles) so didn't want to chance messing things up with removing all the old fluid at one time. Some of the older Mustangs had a plug in the torque converter so you could get out that extra 5 or so quarts that the converter held. But Ford removed the plug in the newer models and mine didn't have the plug. Drat!

I've seen some of the newer Ichargers and your right, they compacted them and made them more digital. I like a charger that looks like a charger - knobs, dials, etc.

The driveway - back breaking work, close and accurate description. I am almost done with the concrete barrier. Got lucky and had 1 day of clear weather so hurried and got it poured. Took 4 bucket fulls of mixing, then ran out of cement - really thought 80lbs would do it. Nope, back to HD to get another bag.

Unfortunately, it's been raining so everything's on hold until it drys up. Just need to top off to bring it to the level of the pavers. I don't think there's any issue with pouring new cement over dried cement?

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 01-26-2022 at 02:52 AM.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:27 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

Today Thursday the winds finally let up but they’re supposed to come back late Friday and Saturday it’s been crazy. But today is just almost perfect.

Boy you really know your history on what torque converters had a plug-in what didn’t and that you recognize that system that they used to do to get to the torque converter‘s fluid, I’m proud of you!

Sometimes the new items aren’t as good to the hand to the feel to the operation of it than the old year‘s models so to speak regarding chargers.

Yes indeed that’s backbreaking work to be sure! Of course when you add Murphy’s Law and you have to come up a bag short that’s always disconcerting. Quality of your work really looks nice, I’m glad you take the time to finish it with the trowel.

Once again your photos are excellent and make it easy for the viewers to see the task at hand and what you were up against as well as your finish and detail.✅
Hope by now the rain has let up so you can finish the job and take a break to heal from a job like that.

Cheers JPEE
Old 02-02-2022, 05:48 PM
evdreamer

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

John,

Happy Birthday! I like the motorcycle birthday wish.

Mark,

It was a busy few days in Orlando. We started at 7am most mornings and went till 10pm at the conference. It is good to be back home.

We are still in Nebraska. It will probably be around March before we move to Ohio.

Nick
Old 02-03-2022, 11:49 AM
JPEE

Thanks Nick appreciate it. I’m starting to get long in the tooth, 74 years young. Boy that’s a long day down in Orlando seven in the morning until 10 PM at night. I hope things are going well in Nebraska for you both.

Talked to my friend in Ohio this morning and they got a lot of rain yesterday. You better get some spiked tires for your motorcycle so you can ride on the ice and snow LOL.

Take care

Last edited by JPEE; 02-03-2022 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:09 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Happy Belated Birthday Wishes!! Hope you had a nice day celebrating all your triumphs with cupcakes and family!

Mark
Old 02-09-2022, 07:25 PM
JPEE

Originally Posted by Aframomum
JPEE,

Happy Belated Birthday Wishes!! Hope you had a nice day celebrating all your triumphs with cupcakes and family!

Mark
Hi Mark, that’s so funny “cupcakes”, my daughters ordered us our Mexican favorite dishes for lunch and brought it home to her house and we ate there Covid free environment. Afterwards she brought out four chocolate mini CUPCAKES with one candle in mine and they sang Happy Birthday. It was great!
Man oh man are the years piling up YIKES!

Thanks for the good wishes….JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 02-09-2022 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-14-2022, 08:59 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I remember seeing a few years ago you posting a birthday picture with 4 chocolate cupcakes, that's why I mentioned them. Glad you had a nice time.

Speaking of years, I almost forgot I wanted to post a video of our rocket adventures. Enjoy!

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 02-14-2022 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:59 AM
JPEE

Mark,

Thanks for the post, the video is excellent! Your rockets 🚀 are so cool. You do need some territory to launch and recover them for sure and…….not hit anything when they come back. That was quite a hike to find the lost booster. Your son wears his sun glasses well, boy has he grown, your blessed. While the launch doesn’t last for but a few seconds but the sound of the engine WHOOSH is so COOL, raw power!

JPEE
Old 02-19-2022, 07:02 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Glad you liked the rocket video. We do have a good time with the rockets. Planning on taking a few out tomorrow morning for some more high flying adventures!

So this past month has been a strange one for my heli's.

Started with my XK110 - just can't get the thing to go inverted no matter how much I push the stick over. I made several changes to the radio settings as per some youtube videos but no luck. So I just decided to use it for backwards flight practice. Good thing it has a nice solid tail b/c it holds extremely well. Sorry to admit but my backwards flight is very...difficult. Even on the sim. lol But I have been finding myself getting more comfortable with some of it so that's a plus.

Next up is my Goblin - I got the repairs all done and the AR7200Bx swapped over from my Trex500. Finished the electronics setup on the AR7200Bx and took her out last weekend for some testing. Found out quickly my tracking was waaaay off - the whole heli was shaking! Tried making some small adjustments to the links at the field but no avail. Double checked pitch on both grips (both mid, high, and low) and couldn't figure it out. I was more than sure when I measured the links during the rebuild I had them evenly measured. Well, what a surprise when I went to check them again yesterday one was significantly shorter then the other. Ugh, how did I do that?? So now they are the same length and all I need to do is redo the electronics setup and spool her up.

Finally my Trex500 - While scratching my head on the Goblin issue I decided to finish the electronics setup using the Microbeastx Plus using a Lemon receiver. I figured this would be a quick swap as this heli was working perfectly when using the AR7200Bx. Was able to complete the electronics setup last night and did a test hover this morning. The heli's motor shut off midway into spool up. Frustration! I am not familiar with this setup so will have to check the boards at HF to see if I missed something or have something miswired to cause the speed control to shut down the motor after such a short time.

So that's where I'm at now - one micro that doesn't want to go inverted, a 570 that I'm hoping won't shake itself apart tomorrow morning, and a 500 that's afraid to get started.

Mark

Old 02-21-2022, 05:36 PM
JPEE

Mark,

I am glad you posted those rocket flights, they were great. I hope your next session is/was a good one too.

Reading what you say about your 110 almost sounds like it’s in a safety mode via the Gyro. For example, when I fly my little horizon 230 helicopter it has beginner mode or it flies fast and is agile but you cannot make it roll or do a loop and it’s pretty self leveling in that mode with a low head speed as well which is adjustable. However when you go to regular or stunt mode then as you know your blades will reverse so you can go up and down while inverted and you can do nose over tumbles and anything you want to do but………. If you lose control you press the “safe button“ and the helicopter will write it self and still move forward a bit but right side up to give you a chance to save it. it sounds like something like that has gone on with your heli. Don’t even have a guess as to if it the transmitter or gyro that might might be in that mode.

Here is a treat for you that just came out in three sizes from Motion RC.

Ok I can see where changing your AR7200 from Heli’s to the other would not have any effect on the tracking, something must have gotten bumped or o-rings or a bearing has shifted in the head? Possible a blade got warped? I would pull them off the head and lay them on the table and see if they’re straight I always weighed mine and found the center and made a teeter totter for them. The weight is extremely important as you well know and they’re never identical. Minimum you can go ahead and adjust the links and take that out again as you well know I wish you good luck. Now as I read down further I see that you solve the issue. Great!

I don’t have to tell you to you have a problem with motor failure. I hope you can chase down the problem.

I hope your test flight today or tomorrow works out, inquiring minds need to know lol.

JPEE

Old 03-01-2022, 03:01 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I have been purposely staying away from Motions website - and have discovered a strange side effect...I seem to have more money. It is a curious thing! lol

That is an interesting concept heli - gps, powered tail motor, and quick removable tail boom.

I want to let you know I got the Goblin flying nice and smooth again. It was a bit of a shaky road. lol

After getting the links all sized up the heli spooled up and was nice and smooth, tracking dead on. I then did some HS measurements and was getting some incredible readings: 3200-3500! Normal HS should be 2300 - 2500. I almost couldn't believe my phone app was giving me accurate readings. But I pulled the logs for the Castle ESC and it was true. Yikes, did I need to get a different size motor pinion? After doing some searching on HF I saw a lot of guys getting the correct HS range using the same pinion I had - a 21T.

So after some head scratching I remembered that I could try and setup a governor to get me in the target HS range. I have never setup a governor - always ran a straight throttle curve. Did some more research and entered in some parameters into the Castle software and had to use the high governed HS to get it to work. But its all setup now and works beautifully. I was a bit nervous with my first few flights and didn't want the ESC shutting down mid flight so took it easy. Did a few flights, took her home and checked the Castle logs - all good. Then did a few more flights with some inverted and no issues. The only change, besides using the governor is I now have 3 throttle settings (normal, Idle 1 and Idle 2). So I have it setup to take off from throttle hold as I don't have a typical normal mode anymore - mine is set to straight 59% with a linear pitch curve.

From this weekends flight:

Mark
Old 03-01-2022, 05:58 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Yes I think we have all suffered that side effect in this hobby and sport. All kidding aside your pockets should be lined with gold now that you’re not flying your jets! I know I know I know that was cruel but hopefully it made you smirk a little bit.

I thought you might get a kick out of seeing the latest and the greatest coming out on the market. That is quite a helicopter when you think about it, but not for you and I.

That photo of your goblin is just gorgeous. I’m glad she is flying smooth and you brought her back to where she was in reading the paragraph that you wrote with the insane head speeds it’s great that you had the castle that you can download and read what’s going on. I to sometime ago used to those head speed applications on my phone and I found them to be fairly accurate. I never threw the money into a digital head speed instrument I got the one where you look through a little people and it looks like an old time movie where everything is kind of flickering and you keep tuning it while you’re looking through it it’s about the size of a package of cigarettes and as you look through the people finally when you see the blades on the helicopter standing still then you know what the RPM is. Remember I’ve been here since the olden days lol.

It’s nice to go to Helifreak and get the support you need. I owned the HF back in the day and lived there while learning and coming up. No I haven’t been there in years of course I have not been flying either but I’ll have some embarrassing things to share with you at the bottom of this letter, then you can say come on JP your joking.
The only helicopter I’ve ever had with the governor is my big red 500 and that has a Kontronik in it. When I first started flying that 700 with that in there I was just doing the V throttle curve so it would be the same power and pitch in the middle upper down. Then I moved on to just a straight line throttle speed and that 50 V the governor was there, it must’ve been that I set it up that way many years ago. I’ll see if I can explain this briefly, when I put it in the 500 scale body The ripping head speed was too much again at 50 V. When I took the flatline out for throttle and made it start at 0 to 90% as I ran the stick up I would get it a certain RPM and then the governor would grab it! Scared the crap out of me when that happened the first time. Long story short in order to get the scale look feel and I discovered verify fluid on one battery at 24 V the RPM never got high enough for the governor to grab it. So I had total control but……… I have the throttle set at 100% flat line as I fly it today. I need to make no adjustments to come Kontronik takes care of all of that. I wish they had a little bit more head speed but I don’t have a choice and you cannot change the drive sprocket pinion on the motor because the motor is fixed in the frame that meets the gear drive. But I’ve learned to fly and do well in scale and not use too much pitch because the motor just can’t push it. So when I fired up I am at mid stick zero pitch and just have for a mid stick to full pitch as I move up throttle to fly. This lets me set her down on a bed of feathers when I start closing the throttle which is really still again a straight line but I’m lessening the pitch in if she just comes down smooth. Sorry, I am just wordy…….

That’s the way all three, 500,600,700 they all start from HOLD.
Glad you flights all turned out well, you deserve it.

BAD DAY IN BEDROCK for me.

Two days ago I took the 230, 500, and the T 28 to the desert. I figure to loosen my fingers up I’ll do the T 28 it’s forgiving. I turn on my DX 9 plug in the battery on the T 28 and I get a beeping which is telling me it’s not binding. I didn’t bring my toolbox I figured I’ve got three things to fly I’ll be fine. So the T-28 was down. Moved onto the 500 and at the end of the second pack allowed screech was starting at a certain RPM like a bearing was starting to seize and then this little town there is no three and one oh oil or a light oil I can find to try and put a drop on the pit slider or any other moving part so it’s grounded. I believe the 230 and had a nice time. Came home bound the T 28 to my transmitter so that was golden. I loaded up last night the 230 and the T-28. I got the field early ahead of the wind. Set up the T 28 and BAM Murphy’s Law showed up….. My front wheel was flopping around on the nose. I flipped the plane over and looked and the plastic the grips the front wheel post opened the fuselage is split and ready to break off at any moment so that was a no fly. My front wheel was flopping around on the nose. I flipped the plane over and looked and the plastic the grips the front wheel post opened the fuselage is split and ready to break off at any moment so that was a no fly. I flew the snot out of my 230 and then came back took a bit of a break and then the wind came up and I was done for the little 230, I mean I can fly in a light wind with that little bird but it’s a struggle and I don’t wanna bang it up it’s the only thing I’ve got left now that flies. So that was my day.

Made a helicopter gods smile on us both.
JP

Last edited by JPEE; 03-01-2022 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:08 PM
Aframomum

Hi JP,

That was quite an ordeal with 3 aircraft and you only got to fly 1 - frustration!

My little XK110 can handle a bit of wind, but as you said, after that its a struggle.

I hope you can get some epoxy or some glue to deal with that front wheel on your T28 so you can get it airborne again. Any chance on using a drop of motor oil on the bad bearing? I know its much thicker but it may work in a bind?

I can feel your pain with Murphy's Law - I took my F22 jet out a few weeks ago to do a test taxi and discovered the front wheel was moving on its own so no servo control during a test run up on the runway. Got her home and just had to tighten down the grub screw. Next issue was with the flap servo's - both were coming loose in their foam pockets so got a bit of gorilla glue and got them secured again. Then when I was testing everything to do a flight this past weekend I discovered the Y connector for the flap servo's was giving me issues as when I jimmy'd the Y connector the servo's would go berserk. And to top it off - the Y connector is embedded in the plane so to remove it would require significant surgery. Yeah, that plane is grounded for now.

So I decided to fly the F18 instead. Was I shaky? You bet! But she rolled down the runway and took to the air in no time. The Motion's brand of gyro that I installed was working beautifully and kept the plane tracking nice and straight. Flew around for a few laps and was doing some loops and rolls when suddenly I lost some control of the plane. Happened pretty fast but I was able to throttle back and level her out and just watched her go in behind a large dirt mound. Amazingly, she landed flat and level and on her gear in some tall grass. The gyro must have kept her level during the fall and prevented the all too common nose in disaster. The cause? I think I let my radio get too low as the level was around 7.4V.

I wanted to get my jets flying again but for now my only success has been my Stinger - think I'll stick to that for a while.

Your correct in that I have more moola now that I haven't been flying and more importantly, buying - jets. Lol But with the Redistribution Theory holding true - those saved funds are shuffled to fund other...things. Like lipo's for the Goblin and 500. I purchased 6 of the Gens Ace 6S 3300 lipo's last fall as Amain was having a nice sale on them - $72 per lipo I think. Yeah, that would equate to a nice 70mm (or 84mm) jet!

I got very lucky in that I was able to find an AR7200Bx for sale, so got rid of the Microbeast that I had on the 500. Now both my Goblin and 500 have matching AR7200Bx's on them. I finished the set up for the 500 this afternoon and ran the throttle through all its settings - no issues, no motor cutting off. All worked as expected. (I think I had some setting wrong in the Microbeast which was causing the throttle to cut off) I plan to do some test flights in the morning and with that I'll have 2 heli's to fly.

I usually frequent HF when I need to do some kind of setup for one of my heli's and forgot some setting that I need. The information is invaluable and is usually in an easy to find format. Any new heli I will read up on it over there before making any commitment. With jets RCG is my go-to place. RCU is for this thread. I feel my time is just not enough to spend browsing through multiple BB so have to make it count.

Mark

Old 03-02-2022, 08:36 AM
JPEE

[quote=aframomum;12717812]hi jp,

hallo mark

that was quite an ordeal with 3 aircraft and you only got to fly 1 - frustration!
yes it was, big time.

my little xk110 can handle a bit of wind, but as you said, after that its a struggle.

I hope you can get some epoxy or some glue to deal with that front wheel on your t28 so you can get it airborne again. Any chance on using a drop of motor oil on the bad bearing? I know its much thicker but it may work in a bind?
going to our little hardware store for some j b weld today.

i can feel your pain with murphy's law - i took my f22 jet out a few weeks ago to do a test taxi and discovered the front wheel was moving on its own so no servo control during a test run up on the runway. Got her home and just had to tighten down the grub screw. Next issue was with the flap servo's - both were coming loose in their foam pockets so got a bit of gorilla glue and got them secured again. Then when i was testing everything to do a flight this past weekend i discovered the y connector for the flap servo's was giving me issues as when i jimmy'd the y connector the servo's would go berserk. And to top it off - the y connector is embedded in the plane so to remove it would require significant surgery. Yeah, that plane is grounded for now. seems there’s no end to some of our like issues and mr. Murphy as well.

so i decided to fly the f18 instead. Was i shaky? You bet! But she rolled down the runway and took to the air in no time. The motion's brand of gyro that i installed was working beautifully and kept the plane tracking nice and straight. Flew around for a few laps and was doing some loops and rolls when suddenly i lost some control of the plane. Happened pretty fast but i was able to throttle back and level her out and just watched her go in behind a large dirt mound. Amazingly, she landed flat and level and on her gear in some tall grass. The gyro must have kept her level during the fall and prevented the all too common nose in disaster. The cause? I think i let my radio get too low as the level was around 7.4v.
is your battery normally close to 12v?

i wanted to get my jets flying again but for now my only success has been my stinger - think i'll stick to that for a while.

Your correct in that i have more moola now that i haven't been flying and more importantly, buying - jets. Lol but with the redistribution theory holding true - those saved funds are shuffled to fund other...things. Like lipo's for the goblin and 500. i purchased 6 of the gens ace 6s 3300 lipo's last fall as amain was having a nice sale on them - $72 per lipo i think. Yeah, that would equate to a nice 70mm (or 84mm) jet!

i got very lucky in that i was able to find an ar7200bx for sale, so got rid of the microbeast that i had on the 500. Now both my goblin and 500 have matching ar7200bx's on them. I finished the set up for the 500 this afternoon and ran the throttle through all its settings - no issues, no motor cutting off. All worked as expected. (i think i had some setting wrong in the microbeast which was causing the throttle to cut off) i plan to do some test flights in the morning and with that i'll have 2 heli's to fly.
i have found it nice to have mostly “like” gyros and esc’s in all of my aircraft, it just makes life a bit easier. However, that said you are your and can stay on top of the new creations. When i first went out to fly since i got here i forgot to remember to change settings in both of my transmitters, the airtronics and the dx-9. After not touching anything for some 2.5 years best of my recollection i finally had to sit down and work and work and work and just threw it being fairly intuitive remembered how to do everything. But what i did also lose remembrance of all the switches. Which one did i have for throttle hold which one that i have for flaps, which one is for normal, stunt 1&2, you get the picture.

i usually frequent hf when i need to do some kind of setup for one of my heli's and forgot some setting that i need. The information is invaluable and is usually in an easy to find format. Any new heli i will read up on it over there before making any commitment. With jets rcg is my go-to place. Rcu is for this thread. I feel my time is just not enough to spend browsing through multiple bb so have to make it count.
take care and get the connector repaired and get that plane in the air!!!

JPEE

mark[/quote

Last edited by JPEE; 03-02-2022 at 08:40 AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.