Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

BIG LAMA

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Buz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Buz
...so I charged two others and neither one would get it off the ground.
Then, I looked at the top head shaft gear, and it is slipping on the shaft. I have tightened that grub screw down so tight using pliers.... I bent my allen wrench. It still slips and the helicopter will not get up enough top rotor speed to do anything.
Anyone got an idea for a fix here? I haven't pulled the inner shaft out to look, but I'll wager there is a groove worn in it from slipping on the gear. Any suggestions for a fix on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Hey again Buzz,

Only the obvious. Remove and replace the grub screw (and while you have it out remove the head and check/sandpaper grooves! You might have to make another flat spot with your dremmel or handfile......

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
P.S. Nice AH-6 Little Bird purchase (a bit to ''dedicated'' to the hobby at that price though....[sm=wink_smile.gif]) well, if I did that my wife wouldn't understand.......
Thanks Peter. I'll pull it apart this afternoon and see what I can come up with. Boy, it was flying so well.... But, I'll fix it and be back with some video.

Buzz
Old 09-27-2009, 03:40 AM
Electrotech

...so I charged two others and neither one would get it off the ground.
Then, I looked at the top head shaft gear, and it is slipping on the shaft. I have tightened that grub screw down so tight using pliers.... I bent my allen wrench. It still slips and the helicopter will not get up enough top rotor speed to do anything.
Anyone got an idea for a fix here? I haven't pulled the inner shaft out to look, but I'll wager there is a groove worn in it from slipping on the gear. Any suggestions for a fix on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Hey again Buzz,

Only the obvious. Remove and replace the grub screw (and while you have it out remove the head and check/sandpaper grooves! You might have to make another flat spot with your dremmel or handfile......

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
P.S. Nice AH-6 Little Bird purchase (a bit to ''dedicated'' to the hobby at that price though....[sm=wink_smile.gif]) well, if I did that my wife wouldn't understand.......
Thanks Peter. I'll pull it apart this afternoon and see what I can come up with. Boy, it was flying so well.... But, I'll fix it and be back with some video.

Buzz
Hi Buz,

I knew that you like to fly BOL to 100 over feet, my question is do you still experience the side dive problem? I like to fly very high too but because of so many side dive problem i have to fly it about 10 to 20 feet high only. Even at this height the side dive still happen but at least it would not cause a severe injury to my bird The other day i have a new canopy and because of the side dive it broke the front portion.[sm=cry_smile.gif]Guess we got to accept the fact that there is no solution for the side dive problem.

To Peter, I guess i have to get the new honey bee v2 at least there will be no more side dive. By the way could the BOL canopy fit into the honey bee v2? Is controlling the honey bee v2 just the same as controlling the BOL since both are using the same remote control (4 channel)?

Jestine

Old 09-27-2009, 05:05 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Electrotech
To Peter, I guess i have to get the new honey bee v2 at least there will be no more side dive. By the way could the BOL canopy fit into the honey bee v2? Is controlling the honey bee v2 just the same as controlling the BOL since both are using the same remote control (4 channel)?
Hey again Jestine,

I think the Walkera 400D canopy fits - but I don't know about a whole BOL fuselage[sm=72_72.gif]
A FP helicopter is by nature A LOT more unstable to fly - but if you mean can you use the same 2.4G Tx - the answer is yes!

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
P.S. I am using the same Esky ET4 Tx now to control two x 2.4G BOLs, as well as a 2.4G Lama. and a 2.4G Honeybee FPv2 - not all at the same time - mind you Also I reserve my Esky ET6I Tx to fly lots of models (lots of diff'rent planes, 4-channels and 6-channels) on my Clearview sim!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:11 AM
sgbfly

<div>9T vs 10T brushless Big Lama Comments

This post follows on from this.

Had a good fly with the 9T pinions &amp; brushless motors. 9T summary: More power than stock but no wow factor. Motors, esc run warm but not hot and 3 in 1 remains cool. Disappointing battery life at 8mins flat. Noise from gear hinting at poor meshing between pinion and main gear. Also if you back off the throttle too much in flight the rotors nearly stall.

Before I went any further I took a new main gear and felt the meshing in my fingers using a new 9T, 10T and 11T pinion. By hand the order of smoothest meshing was 11T best, 10T second and 9T really quite rough. I was very surprised by the order specially 11T and 10T. For 11T I tried both Esky and those supplied with the BL kit and found them comparable.

Anyway on to the 10T. They pressed on rather too easy for an interference fit. As a result I could spin the pinions by hand on the shaft. Loctite would not hold so I used a blob of solder - perfect! The gears ran somewhat quieter than 9T. In flight the increase in power over stock motors is nothing short of astonishing and the helicopter will go from 0 to 100ft in a matter of seconds. The helicopter will go what feels like twice as fast in forward flight. To do this you have to gun the throttle just as the helicopter nose dips after moving the forward stick on the control.

To many this increase in performance will be the be all end end all. For me I am not sure. The gyro is prone to becoming confused under power or in wind and giving a a quick fish tail. To solve this you have to back of the gain to almost nothing (about half way between the vertical position and completely off). This removes the fish tailing it but you lose some of the beautifully smooth and predictable handling of a well dialed in near stock lama that has carefully chosen upgrades. I can defiantly fly my Big Lama faster round a tight obsacle course with stock motors purely because of the handling benefits. Also on board cam footage will not be as good (smooth). This may change as I learn to fly it again and learn to trust it. Trust for several reasons - 1) after fitting the brushless kit on my second battery pack my 3in1 went pop (unrelated? -cant be sure) 2) All the extra power gives a helicopter equivalent of torque steer 3) I occasionally get a glitch where it feels like an esc has a hiccup. This last thing has not happened for a couple of battery packs now but I am suspicious of an electrical gremlin lurking. I feel with the handling issues and rare glitch the gyro, mixer, converter and esc are not quite singing from the same hymn sheet (ie in tune with one and other)

Onto battery life. Disappointing! See below but 10T is marginally worse than 9T and this is despite a more efficient meshing of the gears. This was expected and confirms some of the theories discussed here. In short the motors are running at slightly lower voltage but higher current. More current can mean more heat in electrical components and less efficiency. Indeed the esc's are defiantly warmer running 10T than 9T. The motors run warm (not hot) and 3in1 is cool. The brushless motors may well be more efficient than brushed but they can&rsquo;t carry the shortcomings of the other components in my set up. I do wonder about the esc's and if they are programmed / working right.
</div><table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;"> <tbody> <tr> <td width="369" valign="top" style="border: 1pt solid windowtext; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 221.4pt;"> <div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">GE Power 900mAh, Stock brushed motors, 11T, Esky Blades.</span></div> </td> <td width="369" valign="top" style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1pt 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 221.4pt;"> <div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">10min30sec &ndash; 11mins</span></div> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="369" valign="top" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 221.4pt;"> <div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">GE Power 900mAh, brushless motor kit, 9T, Esky Blades.</span></div> </td> <td width="369" valign="top" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 221.4pt;"> <div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">8mins00secs (repeated twice)</span></div> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="369" valign="top" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 221.4pt;"> <div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">GE Power 900mAh, brushless motor kit, 10T, Esky Blades.</span></div> </td> <td width="369" valign="top" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 221.4pt;"> <div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">7mins45secs (repeated twice) dropping to 6mins38s on stock Esky Lipo and 7mins:32s on a new fully charged Xtreme 850mAh
</span></div> </td> </tr> </tbody></table><div>
In summary: 3000kV BL motors on BOL with 10T pinions

pros
astonishing power increase over stock
much faster forward flight
Great in more open spaces
motors run at worst warm
flys much better than 9T
you learn a lot!

cons
Handling less predictable and more twitchy - largely due to gyro set up (this opinion may change as I get used to it and I have almost no adjustment left)
battery life

Is the kit going on Ebay?
Not at the moment!</div>
Best wishes to you all.

Simon

Old 09-27-2009, 11:19 AM
sgbfly

^ Just to add I bet a complete gyro (HH), mixer, esc &amp; BL motor solution would be awesome. My set up is close but the battery life and apparent gyro issues take the gloss off it for me. I can see it is one of those cases where opinions will differ. Some will love it for raw power and yet others will be more critical. Sven - have any of your German friends done the full set up yet?
Old 09-27-2009, 04:41 PM
raulcordoba

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: monospace,sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Hey guys!!!, I follow a long time (I also have a BOL) unfortunately crashed yesterday the wind played a trick on me and broke my Inner Shaft A, I would like to advise me because I have made clear that the option is best (Xtreme Extended Inner Shaft(11€), 3DPro HeliDynamic ® Metal Upgrade Combo for Big Lama w / Extended Shaft(22€) or original(5€)).<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>

A greeting and thanks to all in advance.<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>

Sorry for my English google</span></span>
Old 09-27-2009, 05:15 PM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: raulcordoba

<span style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px;" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-family: monospace,sans-serif; font-size: 16px;" class="Apple-style-span">Hey guys!!!, I follow a long time (I also have a BOL) unfortunately crashed yesterday the wind played a trick on me and broke my Inner Shaft A, I would like to advise me because I have made clear that the option is best (Xtreme Extended Inner Shaft(11&euro, 3DPro HeliDynamic &reg; Metal Upgrade Combo for Big Lama w / Extended Shaft(22&euro or original(5&euro).<span class="Apple-converted-space"></span>

A greeting and thanks to all in advance.<span class="Apple-converted-space"></span>

Sorry for my English google</span></span>
Hi raulcordoba,

I have the helidynamic combo and I think its good. My second choice would be the Xtreme extended shaft.

Simon

Old 09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

^ Just to add I bet a complete gyro (HH), mixer, esc &amp; BL motor solution would be awesome. My set up is close but the battery life and apparent gyro issues take the gloss off it for me. I can see it is one of those cases where opinions will differ. Some will love it for raw power and yet others will be more critical. Sven - have any of your German friends done the full set up yet?
Hi Simon,

as much as I can judge it, i would have to say no - one of them seems awfully close - but not published a build log yet ... I think the main problem right now is the mixer. Another guy on the forum actually build a mixer that he uses now, but they are still fine tuning the firmware for it ... no complete boardless setup that I know of that really flies ...

Great review btw, very informative - liked the reading ... congrats to your bird now.

Sven

Old 09-27-2009, 10:19 PM
RC_Addiction

Anyone feeling handy? they still sell this [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200380922252&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT]BRUSHLESS UPGRADE[/link] on ebay.

It's only US $55.49 Free shipping in the US! I bought this one and have no complaints other that you have to order E-sky pinions since this kit has a set of non-compatible pinions ( i had to drill and solder them to make them work)

I also noticed these motors are bigger than the ones from RFTheli.com

Fernando,
Old 09-28-2009, 02:25 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: RC_Addiction
Anyone feeling handy? they still sell this [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200380922252&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT]BRUSHLESS UPGRADE[/link] on ebay.
It's only US $55.49 Free shipping in the US! I bought this one and have no complaints other that you have to order E-sky pinions since this kit has a set of non-compatible pinions ( i had to drill and solder them to make them work)
I also noticed these motors are bigger than the ones from RFTheli.com
Hey again Fernando,

How many teeth do the included pinions have and what hole size have they been drilled to? (The listing doesn't mention these details either). I am in the market for another set-up that works!!

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 09-28-2009, 08:44 AM
rusty63

[

Hi Buz,

I knew that you like to fly BOL to 100 over feet, my question is do you still experience the side dive problem? I like to fly very high too but because of so many side dive problem i have to fly it about 10 to 20 feet high only. Even at this height the side dive still happen but at least it would not cause a severe injury to my bird The other day i have a new canopy and because of the side dive it broke the front portion.[sm=cry_smile.gif]Guess we got to <u>accept the fact that there is no solution for the side dive problem. </u>

Jestine

Hi Jestine , If using Stock Blade Holders , Have you filed them where <u>Flybar link </u>rubs on them ,limits movement . I only get slight dive if mounting <u>bigger battery </u>below battery cradle . Doesn,t bother me . But still only a slight dive . Russell
Old 09-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Buz

ORIGINAL: rusty63

[

Hi Buz,

I knew that you like to fly BOL to 100 over feet, my question is do you still experience the side dive problem? I like to fly very high too but because of so many side dive problem i have to fly it about 10 to 20 feet high only. Even at this height the side dive still happen but at least it would not cause a severe injury to my bird The other day i have a new canopy and because of the side dive it broke the front portion.[sm=cry_smile.gif]Guess we got to <u>accept the fact that there is no solution for the side dive problem. </u>

Jestine

Hi Jestine , If using Stock Blade Holders , Have you filed them where <u>Flybar link </u>rubs on them ,limits movement . I only get slight dive if mounting <u>bigger battery </u>below battery cradle . Doesn,t bother me . But still only a slight dive . Russell

Hello Jestine and Russell....

Since I put the extended shaft in the BOL... I have had no more problems with the "dive of death". One big difference since the installation of the extended shaft is that I fly faster now and I think that helps. I did get the side dive on video and after studying it in very slow motion I think it happens more when you are flying slowly. The last time it happened to me I couldn't believe my eyes when I watched the video in slow motion. The helicopter was very near a tree and when I slowed down, the BOL went into the start of the dive. I think it is a head stall. The strangest thing though.... as I tried to get out of the dive... I did a loop, then crashed. But since the extended shaft, I have had no problems.

Buzz
Old 09-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Electrotech

[

Hi Buz,

Jestine

Hello Jestine and Russell....

Since I put the extended shaft in the BOL... I have had no more problems with the ''dive of death''. One big difference since the installation of the extended shaft is that I fly faster now and I think that helps. I did get the side dive on video and after studying it in very slow motion I think it happens more when you are flying slowly. The last time it happened to me I couldn't believe my eyes when I watched the video in slow motion. The helicopter was very near a tree and when I slowed down, the BOL went into the start of the dive. I think it is a head stall. The strangest thing though.... as I tried to get out of the dive... I did a loop, then crashed. But since the extended shaft, I have had no problems.

Buzz
Hi Buz and Russell,

Thanks for the great tip!

Jestine
Old 09-28-2009, 11:28 AM
RC_Addiction

Hey again Fernando,

How many teeth do the included pinions have and what hole size have they been drilled to? (The listing doesn't mention these details either). I am in the market for another set-up that works!!

Peter

Hi again Peter,

Sorry!! I totally forgot that i actually used the stock pinions for the brushless convertion! not the ones that came with the kit.

I did drill holes thorugh the stock ones using a 2.5mm drill bit.

A day after doing the B. convertion, the [link=http://www.heliguy.com/Electric-RC-Helicopters/Belt-CP/EK1-0353-11T-Brushless-motor-gear/]E-sky BL pinions[/link] i ordered arrived but i did not use them

since the modified stock onr were doing just the job.

And yes, they do not mention that on their ebay post buy i don;t blame them, for that price it's worth it just to fix that little probem.

PD= the included pinions are i believe 12 T but they have thinner teeth and WILL shread your main gear! i had to replace my gear...DO NOT USE THOSE just toss them!

RC_Addiction,
Old 09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
raulcordoba

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: monospace,sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Thanks for the reply Simon,
The 3D Pro is made of good materials? are resistant to the falls? I read that vibrates happens to you the same?<span class="Apple-converted-space"></span>

where you advise me to buy it in rc711?<span class="Apple-converted-space">
</span>
Anyone else who has this kit and will post good results?</span></span>

I find this article http://cgi.ebay.com/Esky-E020-Big-LA...d=p3286.c0.m14

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: monospace,sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">thanks</span></span>
Old 09-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Buz

Hi guys.....

Boy, I'm suddenly having problems with the BL and the extended shaft. I had a slipping set screw in one of the gear collars (on the bottom gear).... tightening it did no good. Then, I noticed that the set screw in the top rotor head was gone! The top rotor was slipping on the shaft. So, I put in another set/grub screw, and the helicopter still will not get off the ground! So, now I have found that the inner shaft is spinning inside the head again, and the middle gear has almost worn out. The main gear teeth are too short to mesh with the pinion gear. I tried moving the motors closer to the gears.... but no luck.

I know what is doing this. I fly radically... I am constantly on and off the throttle from no throttle to wide open throughout my flights because I do all kinds of crazy stunts. The other evening, I got the blades up to speed, and then hammered the throttle to 100%, and took off backwards... I heard that sickening sound of a gear slip... and had to land immediately. I need steel gears!!

So, if this wasn't enough... I pulled out a brand new BOL right out of the box brand new. I charged a battery, took it outside and it flies so quietly and smoothly.... I haven't extended the shaft on this one yet. Half way through the first battery pack.... the helicopter suddenly stopped and fell on the ground. (?) So, I took off again and hovered about 2 ft off the grass and it quit again. It has plenty of battery left... but something is shutting it off.

Any ideas from the brain trust here? Thanks!

Buzz
Old 09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
scalz

Hi guys.....

Boy, I'm suddenly having problems with the BL and the extended shaft. I had a slipping set screw in one of the gear collars (on the bottom gear).... tightening it did no good. Then, I noticed that the set screw in the top rotor head was gone! The top rotor was slipping on the shaft. So, I put in another set/grub screw, and the helicopter still will not get off the ground! So, now I have found that the inner shaft is spinning inside the head again, and the middle gear has almost worn out. The main gear teeth are too short to mesh with the pinion gear. I tried moving the motors closer to the gears.... but no luck.

I know what is doing this. I fly radically... I am constantly on and off the throttle from no throttle to wide open throughout my flights because I do all kinds of crazy stunts. The other evening, I got the blades up to speed, and then hammered the throttle to 100%, and took off backwards... I heard that sickening sound of a gear slip... and had to land immediately. I need steel gears!!

So, if this wasn't enough... I pulled out a brand new BOL right out of the box brand new. I charged a battery, took it outside and it flies so quietly and smoothly.... I haven't extended the shaft on this one yet. Half way through the first battery pack.... the helicopter suddenly stopped and fell on the ground. (?) So, I took off again and hovered about 2 ft off the grass and it quit again. It has plenty of battery left... but something is shutting it off.

Buzz

Buz it could be something as simple as the batteries in the TX. This happened to me last week. I neglected to keep an eye on the battery warning lights on the top of the TX. Changed out the 4 AA's for fesh ones and I was good to go.

Scalz
Old 09-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Electrotech

Buzz
Hi Buz,

The new BOL could have one of the motor connector slightly came out from the 3 in 1 causing it to stop completely. Recheck both the motor connectors.

Jestine
Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 PM
pgroom_68

Hey again Buzz,

My turn. Sounds to me like the thermal cut-outs atop each Esky motor is tripping. In the early days of this thread it was a common occurance! The way that myself (and Fernando) got around that prob. was change out motors for [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=110_186&pro ducts_id=2138]Xtreme 380s[/link] available for the Honeybee FP while retaining and reusing original pinions. That way the prob is fixed - but the gear mesh remains as good and quiet. The Xtreme 380s are much more powerful for those manuvours also

P.S. Just don't forget to run in any brushed motors for a better transfer of power between carbon brushes and comm.
P.P.S. The "Official Fix" was to remove thermal cut-outs from each motor - can you believe THAT![sm=confused.gif]
Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Buz

ORIGINAL: scalz

Hi guys.....

Buzz

Buz it could be something as simple as the batteries in the TX. This happened to me last week. I neglected to keep an eye on the battery warning lights on the top of the TX. Changed out the 4 AA's for fesh ones and I was good to go.

Scalz
You nailed it, Scalz. I changed batteries in the transmitter, and flew out an entire battery pack with no trouble. But, a few minutes ago, I flew it again and it was great until the battery dropped most of it's charge, and it quit again!
I tried another battery pack and it flew great... but near the end of the flight... it just shut off. After each flight I feel the motors to see how hot they are and they are just warm... not hot at all. I can't figure this one out!

Buzz
Old 09-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Buz

Buzz
Hi Buz,

The new BOL could have one of the motor connector slightly came out from the 3 in 1 causing it to stop completely. Recheck both the motor connectors.

Jestine

Thanks, Jestine. I'll check that out right away. I hope it's that simple.

Buzz
Old 09-30-2009, 09:28 AM
rusty63

Hi Buzz , Same for me . Was one faulty motor from new . When i turned blades by hand could hear it clicking . explains it working then not working . Then working fine again . Hope you get it sorted soon . Russell
Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Buz

Hey again Buzz,

My turn. Sounds to me like the thermal cut-outs atop each Esky motor is tripping. In the early days of this thread it was a common occurance! The way that myself (and Fernando) got around that prob. was change out motors for [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=110_186&pro ducts_id=2138]Xtreme 380s[/link] available for the Honeybee FP while retaining and reusing original pinions. That way the prob is fixed - but the gear mesh remains as good and quiet. The Xtreme 380s are much more powerful for those manuvours also

P.S. Just don't forget to run in any brushed motors for a better transfer of power between carbon brushes and comm.
P.P.S. The ''Official Fix'' was to remove thermal cut-outs from each motor - can you believe THAT![sm=confused.gif]
Hi Peter,

That was my first thought. After it quit the second time, I put my fingers on each of the motors and they weren't even warm. I'm not flying this BOL like I do my extended shafts. This is stock... so it would be certain death to fly it like I do the extended shafts. I'm just hovering and flying slowly over some tall grass so I have a cushion for it to fall in. If it is the thermal breakers on the motors... how do I remove them? I was just getting ready to install an extended shaft in this one... but now that seems a bit useless. My other BOL's motors get very hot after a session of hard flying... but this one doesn't fly long enough to get hot! Very confusing.

Buzz
Old 09-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Buz

Hi Buzz , Same for me . Was one faulty motor from new . When i turned blades by hand could hear it clicking . explains it working then not working . Then working fine again . Hope you get it sorted soon . Russell

Thanks, Russell. I don't hear anything when turning the blades by hand... but I believe I'll run it up and let it sit on the ground like that until it quits. I should be able to tell which motor is causing the problem at least.

Buzz
Old 09-30-2009, 09:58 AM
sgbfly

Hi guys.....

Buzz
Hi Buzz,

Does it enter a spin and fall? If this happens it is likley a motor issue because one set of blades is not getting power. So check motor / fuse / connection to 3in1. You should be able to work out which motor it is easy enough.

If it just drops dead out the sky I think its very unlikley to be a motor issue. This is becasue I think it very unlikley that you have two dodgey motors / thermal fuses / lose connector to 3 in 1 etc In this case I would suspect battery to 3in1 connection, 3in1 itself or rx/tx. My money would be on 3in1. After it falls out the sky what is the 3in1 LED doing?

Simon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.