Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

hey can you post a pick of the gaui 200 next to the cx2 or the cpp so i can see the size diference thanks
Old 10-10-2008, 08:35 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I got it from Helidirect, so I could get the MicroHeli mixing arms at the same time. But it looks like Jamie carries the SD version and the MicroHeli mixing arms as well.

Those Beam's are amazing helicopters. If I ever got another 450 sized it would be a Beam or a Rave. I would probably go with the Rave since it is a shaft drive as well.

You are lucky that your LHS carries a lot of helicopters. Mine is more into the car and airplane thing.

I like how small the Gaui is too. It is small enough for me to do a funnel in my two stall garage, but that is nothing compared to what Nick Maxwell can do in his garage.

I might be a little nuts, but I just love flying this helicopter no matter what the weather is like. It gets pushed around a little, but isn't too bad to control. Yeah I could never get my CX to fly in wind like that. I am glad Glenn gave his good review of the Gaui or I would have never purchased the Gaui.

The only way to learn to fly in the wind is to try. I also get fed up with the wind, so I usually try to fly once a day no matter how strong it is.

Nick
Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

hey can you post a pick of the gaui 200 next to the cx2 or the cpp so i can see the size diference thanks
Evan,

Yeah I will get right on it. I can't do the CPP since I don't have the boom on anymore since it snapped off.

Here is a link of comparison pics Glenn posted.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_76..._8/key_/tm.htm
I thought there was one with a CX2 some where, but I didn't find it in my bookmarks.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36034.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1049348   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91999.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1049349  
Old 10-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Evan T.

it doesnt matter if its a cx2 or a cx thanks for the pic its awesome how small it is
Old 10-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Evan T.

so nick can you use the cx2 pack in the gaui
Old 10-10-2008, 09:13 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Yep. I am using a DN 7.4V 750mAh 15C from my CX. I also have used the stock 800mAh 10C battery, but it isn't a lot of fun and doesn't do well with wind. I had to do an emergency landing because of that battery and the wind. Right now my favorite battery is an Outrage 7.4V 800mAh 25C battery that will also work in the CX.

Nick
Old 10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Evan T.

i bet thats an awesome battery for the cx lol
Old 10-10-2008, 09:54 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

It sure has a lot of power for the Gaui, but I don't think the CX will use the 20-40A capability of this battery. But it should run a lot cooler on the CX since the battery won't be working as hard to deliver power.

Nick
Old 10-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Evan T.

so what do yall think i should get as a new heli
Old 10-10-2008, 10:21 PM
evdreamer

B400.

You need a programable transmitter for the Gaui and it helps to have some experience with a 400-450 sized helicopter. The B400 is a good deal. Or get the biggest helicopter you can afford. The bigger the easier it will be to learn.

Nick
Old 10-10-2008, 10:27 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

WOW, that is some incredible flying there, pal! Especially considering the wind factor!

I knew you would love the Gaui, but I had no idea you would love it that much! Great job, both with flying, and setup!

I have a long ways to go before I can fly my Gaui that well. Last time I had it out, I was starting to feel much more comfortable with it, so I'm getting there I guess.

Jeff....don't get too excited, I can tell ya that Nick is making it look easy!! LOL!! BUT, the Gaui is still a very cool little heli, even for us less gifted pilots! I am sure you would love one too, it just takes some getting used to. As I told Nick, I am getting more comfortable with mine all the time.

I HOPE I can get some flying in this weekend, finally. I took the Forester on it's maiden voyage tonight, and it did great....so that is behind me now, I can get into a more normal routine, and try to enjoy this beautiful fall weather and get some practice in!!

But, tomorrow is a work day...so maybe Sunday I'll get some time to fly.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Glenn
Old 10-10-2008, 10:32 PM
rotarydoc

+1

Evan,

It's hard to go wrong with a Blade 400 as a next heli...much more stable and easier to manage than your CP was...

You get alot for your money, including the transmitter that is excellent, even for when you are ready to move onto another heli, like the Gaui later on.

About the only issue is to remember the servos will need upgrading at some point; probably sooner rather than later.

I would advise staying away from a motor driven tail like the CP Pro 2, there is just no comparison to a belt driven tail. That is the thing that makes the Gaui so nice (and in Nick's case, a shaft driven tail), is that the tail is so much more locked in than a motor driven tail will EVER be.

Glenn
Old 10-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Evan T.

okay well i cant get anything until november 14 so im still looking but yeah i think i like the 400
Old 10-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Evan T.

okay well im gonna go to bed guys talk to yall tomorrow
Old 10-10-2008, 10:57 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I can now see why everyone says this is the best helicopter in its class. And the power to weight ratio is also great. I just want the wind to calm down so I can do more with the helicopter. It is hard to be precise with it when the wind is pushing it around. It is fun to be able to go full throttle in my backyard because of its size.

Good to hear you are getting more comfortable with the Gaui. In the first video the tail was still drifting, so I was fighting it the whole time and going along with where it went because of it. And good to hear your Forester maiden went without a hitch.

Hope you get the chance to fly this weekend. I plan on getting up early tomorrow to fly before work. I hope I can get the good weather you have sometime soon. I really want to practice inverted hovering because that is the main thing I want to work on with the Gaui.

Nick
Old 10-11-2008, 01:36 AM
evdreamer

I wanted to see how the different sized T-Rex's compared in their power to weight ratio and the other helicopters I have had. The values are from the lowest flying weight given and the most powerful Scorpion motor. I found it interesting.

T-Rex 600 NSP.... .44W/g I converted the horsepower of the OS Hyper 50 to Watts.
T-Rex 600 ESP.... .67W/g
T-Rex 500 CF.... 1.04W/g
T-Rex 450 SEV2.. .79W/g
T-Rex 450 SEV2.. .48W/g This is with the stock 430XL motor
Gaui 200............. .68W/g So right now my Gaui has a higher power to weight ration than my T-Rex
CPP.................... .48W/g This is with the E-Flite brushless motor
Belt CP............... .33W/g This is with the stock motor

So it looks like Jeff's T-Rex 500 would have the best power to weight ratio. Then the Gaui compared to the stock T-Rex motor and not the Scorpion.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Evan T.

hey guys is anyone planning on flying today i wish i had a bigger heli right now its making me mad having to wait for there to be no wind to fly the cx2 outside and thats like never lol
Old 10-11-2008, 11:13 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

I will be flying pretty soon.

Nick
Old 10-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Evan T.

wat r u gonna fly
Old 10-11-2008, 11:52 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

I was flying the Gaui 200 because it is the only helicopter I have that is working. The CPP and T-Rex were crashed and I haven't fixed them. I probably won't fix the CPP since the Gaui flies better in the same amount of space and I am waiting for the torque tube to come out for the T-Rex 450 before I fly it again.

Nick
Old 10-11-2008, 12:06 PM
J-MICHAEL

T-Rex 600 NSP.... .44W/g I converted the horsepower of the OS Hyper 50 to Watts.
T-Rex 600 ESP.... .67W/g
T-Rex 500 CF.... 1.04W/g
T-Rex 450 SEV2.. .79W/g
T-Rex 450 SEV2.. .48W/g This is with the stock 430XL motor
Gaui 200............. .68W/g So right now my Gaui has a higher power to weight ration than my T-Rex
CPP.................... .48W/g This is with the E-Flite brushless motor
Belt CP............... .33W/g This is with the stock motor
Nick ~

That's good info ! I saved it to a folder... Where did you get that ? The Scorpion website ? So interesting... I knew the nitro's had a higher disc load, than the electrics, as there power to weight ratio is reduced significantly than the high power electrics. I've yet to see one, or hear of anyone able to perform snappin' g's with the nitro's. The electrics are the only way to go in my book. Way more power and so much lighter ! Could ya imagine a nitro doing tic-toc's like these high power electrics do ?!...Lol..

Interesting on the 500 also... I've heard they carried a good power to weight ratio, but didn't think it was that good... I thought maybe your Gaui would exceed them all ! It just seems so powerful... But then again, lots of variables still at play... Throw a in 3-cell, and make it ultra-light and I bet it ranks even better ! Which I know your already working on that performance, yours I see in time is going to be a little monster ! [8D]

Evan ~

Don't feel bad, Its windier than hek here also ! I just took the Trex out, but only for a hover pretty much as I'am dialing in the heli for a new motor I just installed, but also just to strong of gusts ! And I'am nowhere near as good as Nick ! LMAO... Basic forward flight here for this scout....

O.K..... I'am off to tweak on the Trex for a bit....

Take care guys ! BTW Evan....... You'll love that B-400 when you get it here in the near future ! Night and day diff from the CPP... You'll have to do a couple things to really make it killer, but for stock and for how your flying for now it will be perfect. Like Glenn said the servo's are one of the weak-links.. No heli is perfect anyway... They all have there ups and downs. The important thing is that DX6i.... It will carry you far in the hobby !

~ Jeff
Old 10-11-2008, 12:15 PM
J-MICHAEL

Hey Nick.... When I set up my head for the Trex I set it up for starters at -9/+9... With this new motor and 15t pinion and the Jazz esc both components are barely even warm... Should I set the heli up for like -10/+10 or maybe even -11/+11...? Would that even give it more of a climb-out punch ? I'am still learning in this department, as like you know I never had the heli set-up this way for 3-D... It was always set-up different, so now I'am in the experimental phase of tweaking with the settings and such... Its all set-up perfect from watching the Finless videos, but I think -9/+9 may need to be bumped up from what I'am guessing...

What's the Pro think ?! (You)....[8D]

Thanks in advance.....

~ Jeff
Old 10-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Evan T.

yeah i cant wit for the blade 400 its gonna be awesome then i can bind it with the cx2 and get a mcx for inside lol im getting to far ahead of my self
Old 10-11-2008, 12:43 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I just figured that info from Helidirect. I just looked up what the flying weight of each helicopter was. Then I looked at the Wattage from the Scorpion motors, but it is a little deceiving because they didn't use the normal voltages that the helicopters use. If I went off of the one rating for the T-Rex 600E motor it would be a lot bigger than the T-Rex 500, but Scorpion used 42V in their rating. So I just took the max current the motor can handle and multiplied it by the nominal voltage that the helicopter uses. Like 22.2V for the T-Rex 500 and 600 then 11.1V for the T-Rex 450. Then I just divided it by the weight in grams I guess it would be mass instead of weight if I wanted to be technical. It would probably vary a little with different electronics and batteries, but I just wanted to do it for fun.

Soon I will measure the exact flying weight of my Gaui and see what the power to weight is. I am going to stick with the 2 cell Gaui, since it is easier than trying to find a pinion for the tail shaft. It would be easier to convert the belt version to a 3 cell.

It might give you a better climb out, but it might also bog your motor and actually make it slower. With my T-Rex 450 my motor will bog with a +/- 12 degrees of pitch. I see another Scorpion motor in my future. I need to work on my collective management skills, but the Gaui barely bogs down at full throttle. I think until you start flipping +/- 9 degrees will work just fine unless you want a little more snap with the helicopter. You could also raise the throttle curve, but be prepared for the cyclic response to increase.

Nick
Old 10-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Evan T.

thats interesting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.