Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:05 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

I just found out that the Gaui power to weight was based on the belt drive which online says it is around 230-250g. And the shaft drive is 270g +/- 5%. I measured mine and it is 283.6g ready to fly. It would be 267.7g with the stock motor and ESC. The nominal Watts for the Gaui Scorpion motor is 155.4W at 7.4V and its max is 176.82W.

My nominal power to weight is .548W/g and my max is .6235W/g on 7.4V
If I was using the stock motor and ESC the nominal is .5805W/g and its max would be .6605W/g on 7.4V

This is with the G90, CC 25A ESC, Scorpion motor, 7.4V outrage battery, 3x S60 servos, and a 3154 servo. Those numbers would be a little lower with the Hitec HS45 servos since they weigh 8.4g each and the S60's weigh 6g each.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:17 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Thanks ! That's what I was trying to get, was just a little more 'snap' to it... When I punch it up full throttle, and then slam it back down, and repeat that very aggresively, it doesn't bog the motor like my SA I could hear during those amp spikes that it would bog, and that was with the 13t pinion even... I was surprised this motor could handle the 15t with no bogging, and feel it could handle more of what I was trying to throw at it in experimenting... The thing I like about this motor, is it only costs about the same as the V2 or SA motor, and its also an outrunner, but the whole outer can rotates whereas the SA motor outrunner didn't... So this new motor runs soooo much cooler as it also has little fins at the bottom of the can so when the outer-shell spins those fins circulate the air flow through the inside of the can...

With the Jazz esc, my throttle curves are 100 across the board... The Jazz runs off of a governor, and will only set your throttle curve to what it 'sees' as the motor's capabilities... All the guys on Heli-Freak love that esc, and recommened to just set the curves at 100 across for the best effeciency. But of course, if you don't want that high, you can reduce it, to keep the headspeed down and such... The Jazz won't 'over-run' your motor even at mid-stick 0 degrees of pitch. It really does keep a VERY consistent headspeed in wind or in high-punch climb-outs... I wasn't to fond of the governor modes in esc's, as I like to be able to tweak with my curves for throttle in relation to my pitch curves, but they say its the best thing on this Jazz, and you want no other so I guess I'll see in time....

Here's a video of my new Common-Sense motor below... AMAIN HOBBIES also carries it... It will get me by until I get hopefully a Neu or Medusa motor someday... It still surprises me that the motor also is barely warm even with that 15t pinion !...Crazy... But I see my flight times reduced a lot from the 15t, and just the more powerful motor from now to about 6-7 minutes... Before I could squeeze out around 7-8 1/2 minutes of flight... You can even see in that guys video of the motor, that he only ran it for about 4 minutes before his buzzer was going off on his TX...

Well, I'am gonna bump up my settings I think to -10/+10 then... The cyclic is much quicker, but still holds well... If anything I'll throw my curves down to keep my desired headspeed I suppose... I need that Castle Link, so I could try the CC 45 amp esc for an experiment... I may try and bear through the set-up of it without the link and see...

Here's the video of the Common-Sense motor... Just scroll down a tiny bit, and you'll see it... One thing I also like is the CS motor has a huge bearing on the shaft, where the SA motor has just a tiny bushing...

http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...etsptnhvvj52g5

Alright Take care !

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89823.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1049788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15620.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1049789   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35259.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1049790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65922.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1049791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44169.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1049792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27997.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1049793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48247.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1049794  
Old 10-11-2008, 01:46 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Cool to hear the motor is working good for you. In that video it sure has a lot more power than the stock 430XL motor. I like the motors that have the fins to cool the motor down. I finally took the temp of the Gaui motor after a flight and it is around 85 degrees. That is a lot better than the 130-140 degrees of my 430XL motor.

If you don't like the +/- 10 degrees of pitch you can always go back to the settings you like. On the new software for the Castle Link you can program in the headspeed you want using the motor KV, voltage of the battery, pinion size, main gear size, and the efficiency. They were comparing it to the Kontronik governor, so it must work pretty good. There are a lot more things you can program with it than just using the stick method. And it is pretty easy to program the ESC with that. It has question marks by all the things you can program and describes what each setting does which was very helpful.

Nick
Old 10-11-2008, 02:02 PM
evdreamer

I just got back from a very fun flying session with the Gaui. I added a lot more piros into my routine and I did my first 540 degree stall turn. I was also doing a pretty good piro circle, but by buzzer started to go off. And I was also doing some piro figure 8's. I still have a long ways to go to make them look good, but it sure is fun. The wind is starting to calm down almost to the point I could try an inverted hover with the Gaui, but then it picked up a little. Too bad I have to go to work in an hour.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:41 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah I can't wait until I can get that Castle link... Things cost money, as I wish they didn't...Lol..! I want to much ! Oh well... In time I hope I'll be able to save for it... I finally set my DX-7 for the buzzer mode also... I always had it set for just stop-watch. but since I'am pushing less time I'am scared I might go over from what I was always used to before...

I did a real quick 2 minute video of just a hover with this motor so you can kind of see... But I was to scared to really go FULL stick throttle, as It makes me a little nervous with the added power right now, and it wants to jump up very quick now...Lol.. And I can only fly just in basic patterns right now... I'll have to download it on You-Tube in a few minutes, and I'll post it...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-11-2008, 02:52 PM
J-MICHAEL

Here's the hover test video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVHk_2mny98

This was with my Thunder Power 3-cell 2100 mah 15c lipo... I'am gonna try my 25c Air-Thunder's next...
Old 10-11-2008, 03:07 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Your T-Rex sounds really good. I like how the camera tapes the blades when they show two spaces in between. I bet having your ESC on the side of the helicopter helps cool it down even more. Mine is kind of tucked on the side under the canopy.

It is smart that you are using the count down mode. It will help your batteries last longer. Have fun with the Air thunders.

I have to head off to work. Talk to you guys later.

Nick
Old 10-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Evan T.

Jeff,

do you fly off of your roof or something
Old 10-11-2008, 08:19 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

Sorry but there is nother way to say it, Your flying was-is AWSOME!

JPee
Old 10-11-2008, 11:20 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Thanks. Now if only I can master inverted flight. It shouldn't take more than a year. LOL All the fun is working up to something I can't do. Then I feel great when I can.

Nick
Old 10-11-2008, 11:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

Evan ~

Yeah in the video, that's on top of a small little woodshed area...LOL..! Not many flat areas on the mountainside here where I'am at currently at my dads here in Cali... That little place is ideal for a quick launch, as its right behind the little studio I'am staying in.... There is a big flat area on top of the property, but requires a good hike up to the top.... Pictures below of the flying site at the top of the property.....

Guys ~

Here (below) is a neat picture.... Its of 3 different blade sizes to compare 3 different heli's.... From the top is the Logo 10, then the Trex 500, and then the Trex 450.... Kinda cool....!

Gotta go and tinker' with the 450 for a bit.....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30815.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1050066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67466.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1050067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53546.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1050068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13792.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1050069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87692.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1050070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56544.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1050071  
Old 10-12-2008, 12:10 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Is the Logo 10 a 600 sized or a little smaller?

Nick
Old 10-12-2008, 12:14 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

Is the Logo 10 a 600 sized or a little smaller?

Nick
Not really sure.... Don't know to much about it really.... I'd maybe guess between a 600 and a 500 ? A 550 ?....LOL...
Old 10-12-2008, 12:39 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Thats fine I was just curious. By your measurement if the blade was measured from the bolt hole it would be a 500mm blade but if it was measured from the end of the blade it would be a 520mm blade. I know the T500 blade is 425mm, so I don't know what the size of the blade would be on a 550 helicopter or the blade would be = to 550mm.

Nick
Old 10-12-2008, 01:05 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Man, I missed alot today on the forum!

Had to work, and then decided to give the Forester a good long road test, and make sure it is all good to go.

I bought one of those portable GPS navigation units, that thing is pretty cool! Now that I have a much more reliable car, I can venture much further from home...like to a very cool hobby shop in northern Virginia.

And with the GPS, I can find places alot easier when I go to other hobby shops and the like.

Hope everyone had a good day today. I am going to get some flying in tomorrow for sure...

I would have posted earlier, but I have been watching the Gran Prix of Japan, the Formula One race...it's on here at this hour, but in Japan, it's like mid afternoon.

Supposed to be really nice weather here for the next few days, so I hope to get some decent flying time in.

I'll be online more tomorrow...I can relax more now that the car work is done.

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 01:14 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Here is the website of the hobby shop I want to go to soon...check out the heli section too...

http://www.hobbyhangarva.com/AboutUs/aboutus.html

That place looks very cool!

I will probably go there before long and check it out...I didn't ever feel like going in the Honda, it's getting too old and tired for long trips. But now with the Forester, I can go see it.

Talk to you guys tomorrow!

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Evan T.

Glenn,

your so lucky i wanna go to that place now they have EVERYTHING!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:47 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

Yeah, it looks like a very cool place!

I will probably try to go there next weekend, we'll see. It's about 45 miles away, so I can't go there all the time, but I would love to just go there and browse around for a while.

I'm kinda low on heli cash right now, it would be more fun if I had a wad of money burning a hole in my pocket and come home with something really cool...

But it will still be cool seeing all the stuff they have.

Hope you get some flying time in with the CX2 today.

If you do get the B400 in November, you will love it! It's so much cooler than the CP that you had...and it will be much better than the new CP Pro2, even though that might look cool because it's new and all...the B400 is still the way to go for an extra $150 bucks or so...BY FAR!

Hope you have a nice day. I'm going to go flying later, I have some stuff to do around the house, but I'm going to MAKE time to fly today!

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 09:57 AM
JPEE

Hello Glenn,

I am delighted you got the Forester completed and now your on the roll again. Jeff and I will be looking forward to seeing come to California for a shake down drive, then we can fly together....LMAO.

Well you know I was taking the Toy Box Hauler, bikes (quads) to the desert to ride and fly my braines out. Well............ we got there Friday at noon and the wind was blowing about 35 mph. ALL DAY! We sat in the trailer and sampled all of the muchies we had \brought. When that got old we watched TV, JEFF...as old people then we napped for a while LOL! BORING to stay locked up in a box from noon to 10:00 pm. waiting to go to sleep to hope the moring would bring good weather. Then wind got so bad at night the wife thought the trailer might tip over so who do you think got up and put the down the stabilzer jacks, dude, we were getting sea sick in there for real! At 6:00 am. she was still blowing like a SOB so we packed it in and came back home. 200 miles round trip and we never started the quads nor did I get to fly one thing. Now home the wind is set to blow 30-40 mph until Wednesday. GIVE ME A BREAK..................where's my SIM????

My Quark has still NOT COME IN YET. I wrote MRK another letter asking where it is? He had said it was mailing out last Friday 9 days ago, hummmmmmmmmm.

Your Hobby Shop in Virgina is larger the my E-HOBBY HOUSE/HELI-HOBBY but I have to say while they are not 6K sq ft they have a lot of parts and heli's.

JEFF: Up there at your Dad's place how far in the main paved rode. Or better said, how far is it down the hill to where to you work? As you show the picture of the road and such is the house to the right side of the pick and your fly zone left at the end of the rode? NEAT quad too. Or should I say plane carrier LMAO. Lastley I showed my wife the pic of the pups with their heads on the kiddy gate and she damn near cried at the beauty of that pic. My friend has a lab and he too LOVES his stuffed toys and he NEVER chews it, he just takes it everwhere with him.

Nick: Again great flying. Hope you get the chance to practice flying more inverted flying.

Smiles guys and it's goo to be back. Just on CHANCE I had taken my laptop to the desert because there are ranches around the area. I fired it up and found (2) wirless servers but with no signal so I was OUT OF BUSINESS, and suffered FORUM withdrawals.

JPee

Old 10-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Evan T.

hey guys what do you use as a power supply for the b400 charger can i use the cx2 one?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:45 AM
rotarydoc

Hey JPEE,

Wow, BUMMER!! I can't believe you went all that ways, and then the wind wouldn't stop blowing! I am very sorry you didn't have a good time...unfortunately, our heli hobby is somewhat dependant on the weather....and that's where the sims come in, as you said! I have no regrets spending $300 plus on my sims...it sure will come in handy on those cold winter days and nights!

Thanks on the well wishes on Forester...I feel like I got my driver's license again for the first time..LOL! My old Honda is very reliable, but I just didn't trust it on a long (anything over about 25 miles) trip...anything could go wrong on a 24 year old car, even if it is a Honda (sorry, Jeff!). They just don't run forever, and to add to it, it was my only car, so a major breakdown would have been a big deal.

I went out to the place I used to work, Rockville, Maryland last night, and just cruised around. It is a very affluent area, and is even safe to walk around at night without worrying about being mugged or carjacked. It's in Montgomery County, which is something like the 6th wealthiest county in the USA. Nice place to visit, but expensive to live there, and very crowded traffic wise. Their mall has stores like Lord and Taylor, Nieman Marcus, etc...you get the idea...

So I am finally reaping the fruits of my labor...for so long, the Forester was such a liability...now it's all paying off! All that work was worth it!

I am enjoying the GPS very much also, really helps in going places I have never been before, like my upcoming visit to Hobby Hanger in northern Virginia.

I sure hope the wind dies down for you sooner than they are predicting, I know how it can be when you have the itch to fly, and are grounded by the weather. I wish I could send you some of my excellent weather here...supposed to be lower 70's, and very little wind for the next few days, at least.

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 10:52 AM
rotarydoc

Hi Evan,

Nope, the CX2 one is not powerful enough. The B400 charger needs a power supply capable of about 3 amps @ 12 volts or so...the CX2 one is not nearly powerful enough.

There are several options....like the parent's car battery...or any battery like that in a riding lawn mower, etc. that is 12 volts.

Or, get the Eflite power supply...it's about $29 I think...and is very convienient. There are lots of choices for 12 volt power supplies out there, just make sure it has at least a 3 amp output, or the charger won't work right at all. It can have more than 3 amps, just not less.

You can also make a power supply out of an old computer power supply, but it takes some work, just google "12 volt computer power supply" or something along those lines, and it explains how to convert a PC power supply to use for a hobby power supply.

I use two setups for my B400 batteries...one is the Eflite C505 charger, powered by the Eflite 12 volt power supply....and the second one is the stock B400 charger, hooked to a small automotive battery, from a Mazda Miata...nice battery, 'cause it's a "gell cell" and has no acid, so it's cool inside the house. I then charge it periodically with an automotive type battery charger.

Hope this helps!

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 10:59 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

Here is an article describing the computer power supply conversion...like I said, it's a bit of work, but it's cheap. But for the price of the parts, you could probably buy the Eflite one, which just plugs in the wall, and is very safe for about $30.

http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-a-Com...b-Power-Supply

Hope this helps too.

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 11:05 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Boy, do I feel like an IDIOT!

I reported last week that my B400's receiver seemed to be dead, it would not power up, or even bind to the radio when I went to fly it last weekend.

So, I sat down with it today, with my usual pessimistic view, that the reciever was bad or something, envisioning tearing into the spare B400 to rob it's RX...

I powered it up again, and sure enough...no blinking light when I had the bind plug in...

Then, all of a sudden, it hit me...my Eflite 40 amp ESC came with a very convienient little feature that I had long forgotten about....it's called an ON/OFF SWITCH!!!

Enough said.....SIGH.

LOL!

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 11:08 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Here is the Eflite 12 volt, 3 amp power supply for the B400 charger. Most LHS have it, or you can get it most places online too.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLC4030

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.