Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:13 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Glenn, Rememb er I told you my Geek was getting me some of the TX power supplies, he got me 10! have most of the parts to do my first conversion when it starts to rain here for a home inside project.

JPee
Old 10-12-2008, 11:17 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

That sounds great! Let us know how it works out for sure...

LOL, since you have 10 of them, you can afford to burn up a couple in the process !! Plenty of room for error/experimentation!

Good luck with the power supply project.

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Evan T.

hey glenn thank for all of the info i had already looked at the eflite one before i was just wondering if i could get away with using what i already had so i guess im going to get the eflite one just to be safe and its just nice to have stuff that looks good lol. man to bad the batteries are $60 i will want to buy an extra one
Old 10-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Evan T.

well first i need to master the cx2 i can only nose in hover for like 5 seconds lol but im trying in a really small space so im gonna try outside when the wind isnt 100000 mph lol or atleast it seems that fast when your trying to fly a cx2 in the wind
Old 10-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Evan T.

hey do you guys ever watch nightflyyers videos on you tube hes a cool guy and is a really good pilot
Old 10-12-2008, 11:44 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

That hobby store looks to cool ! Come over and pick me and JPEE up, and we'll go with ya.... So ya got one of them little GPS doo-dads eh ?! I've also got a Magellan hand-held GPS and I've had it for awhile now, and LOVE IT ! I love the Elevation feature as one, as I'am always curious... The GPS proved its weight in gold on my 1200 mile drive doen here to California, I'll say that much... The mph feature is cool also... Its pretty accurate also ! Start walking with it and see... Or maybe strap it on the B-400....?!... I'd be lost without it. Seriously ! Especially down here in Cali, as its all unfamiliar territory... You'll love yours, and wait until you really figure it all out. You'll never leave home without it, kinda like American Express eh?!...

JPEE ~

Total bummer on the wind at the vacation spot ! Ouch.... I bet your getting some wind down where ya live now... Seems you guys down south there get those fierce winds this time of year, and those Santa Ana winds also... Here at my dads since the weather is starting to change, we also get the constant stronger winds more now than we did in the summer... We get those gusts coming off of the coastline, and over the mountain ridge and just waiting to take an RC-heli out of the skies...LOL..

Yeah, my flying area is at the top of my dads property... I stay in the guest house next to his house... He has a long private drive, and his property is more long and narrow as you might imagine in the pics below... Only 14 acres, and mostly mountainside. The main road is at the bottom of his private drive, and that's where we venture down to go to work in the mornings, and then only work right now finishing up a house were building only 13 miles away in the city of Atascadero...

Glenn ~

Another note.... With that 40 amp esc, I say you splurge for a new motor ! The one I got is pretty inexpensive, and the Scorpion motors are excellent also and not to bad in price ! This Common-Sense motor doesn't even get hardly warm like our esc's... Could you imagine the power you'd have in a B-400 which only weighs about 595 grams ?!...YIKES... My Trex in the test hover video on the last page weighed in at 785 grams... I know you still got great power as the B-400 has a great power to weight ratio, but there's always room for more...LMAO... Hey.... In my April 2008 edition of RC-Heli magazine, they said the B-400 power to weight ratio in the B-400 is remarkable, and the climb rate exceeds that of a Trex...Out of a rating of 5 they give the collective pitch response a 4.5.... Pretty cool... Did ya catch that Evan....?!...[8D][8D]

Take care guys,

~ Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59148.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1050256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74304.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1050257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49557.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1050258  
Old 10-12-2008, 11:47 AM
J-MICHAEL

Evan ~

I've been meaning to ask ya, as I was curious..... But did your guys beach house there in Galveston survive those hurricanes ? I know a lot of property damage occured, and I remember you saying awhile back you had a 2nd house there.... Hopefully it did... Anyway, always wondered if it did.....

Take care guy,

~ Jeff
Old 10-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Evan T.

its not to bad the garage is ruined like the sheet rock and paneling and stuff but not the other two stories because its on stilts you know but luckily we went down before the storm and got everything out of the garage but on our way home the spindle on the boat trailor broke and the tire flew off so we had to leave the boat in a parking lot and during the storm it floated off the trailor and across the parking lot so i dont know wat my stept dad is going to do about it
Old 10-12-2008, 12:33 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear you got a GPS. I have one for when I have to go to another city for the last few quarters of school.

How did you find the Hobby shop in Virginia? That is an impressive shop. I wish I had something that cool near me. I could see myself roaming around in there all day.

Good to hear you have great weather and the Forester was doing great on the road test. The temp is great here, but the wind will not stop blowing. This is when I need the T-Rex to be flyable, but I heard the torque tube is coming out sooner than I thought. So I might be able to fly it next month.

Good to hear your receiver wasn't bad. I didn't know your ESC had a switch on it.

JPEE,

Sorry you weren't able to fly or ride your Quads. Hope your Quark comes in soon.

Evan,

You might want to try the Zippy batteries. I have used them on my CPP and like them. And I hear they are around $20 for 400-450 sized helicopters. Good to hear you are practicing nose in hovering.

Jeff,

I like your Heli's Rule picture.

Nick
Old 10-12-2008, 12:42 PM
J-MICHAEL

The temp is great here, but the wind will not stop blowing. This is when I need the T-Rex to be flyable,
If I got a penny for everytime I looked outside through the window everyday, and staring at the tops of the trees for any signs of wind I'd be a millionaire by now.........................
Old 10-12-2008, 12:55 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, I figured the GPS would be a nice present to myself after all that work on the Forester! I ended up getting a Garmin Nuvi 255W...seems nice, none of the frivolous bells and whistles like Bluetooth, MP3 player, FM transmitter, etc. Just a basic, solid highly rated GPS. It's nice because it's a wide screen one, alot easier to see going down the road.

I love it so far!! You are right about the MPH being accurate, as well as the countdown to turns...amazing stuff! Mine will even say "At Home" the moment I am 3 feet into the driveway! Having never had one before, I am VERY impressed. Mine also has a new, neat feature, it displays the posted speed limit on the GPS display...it's about 90% accurate too....wonder if I could use that in traffic court if I got a speeding ticket..LOL!!!

You also have it right about "wait until you have it all figured out"....you're not kidding! My first destination was not available, it was a new shopping center, so I guess that's to be expected. I was playing around locally with it, and set it to take the shortest route to the local Best buy...and it still took me a different way than what I thought would be the shortest distance. No biggie...

What WAS a biggie, was that I forgot and left it on the shortest route setting....WELL...when I went to go to Rockville, about 25 miles away, I was expecting to take all interstates...but it REALLY DID take me the shortest route...all backroads, and ended up taking about 20 minutes longer than the interstate route...but, it DID get me there!! LOL ....live and learn!

I have to admit that I am a gadget freak/junkie...I would have had enough for a T-Rex 500 if I hadn't bought the GPS....and I couldn't resist this last night in Micro Center in Rockville!!....

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0293528

Hey, what can I say...like I said, I'm a gadget freak...there is life besides RC helis...at least a little bit...LOL!

I am planning another heli purchase, probably a T-Rex 500....but I want to get alot better with what I've got already first...lot's of time over the winter to sim and even fly too, on nicer days...

But, you never know with me...a couple of good weeks at work....and one never knows what I might come home with!

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 01:07 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I actually had known about that Hobby shop years ago when I was still doing RC cars, but had forgotten about it. Then Rob mentioned it in an email a while back, and invited me to go down, but I had to work that day.

Back when I knew about it before, I think it was mostly cars and stuff, and wasn't nearly as well established as it is now.

I will definately give you guys the lowdown on the shop when I get to visit it.

Jeff, now, coming to get you and JPEE would be a real long term test of the Forester...lol! You guys need to come out to MY side of the country! I'll bet this hobby shop doesn't compare to some of the ones in SoCal though...seems everything that is cool happens there...RC in general is bigger, motocross, drag racing, all that stuff is big in CA...

Jeff, I couldn't resist that tiny little laptop...now I can rest in bed when I sleep in on the weekends and catch up to RCU !!! The thing is amazing, so much in such a little PC...and the price is amazing too!

Nick, I knew the ESC had a switch...but I sure did forget about it...I probably should just bypass it, since I never use it. It might be really bad news if it somehow got turned off in mid flight!!

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 01:20 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff, I couldn't resist that tiny little laptop...now I can rest in bed when I sleep in on the weekends and catch up to RCU !!! The thing is amazing, so much in such a little PC...and the price is amazing too!

Glenn ~

Funny.... Because when I was checking it out with the link you gave, I actually had to go back and read the dimensions of the screen like 3 times to make sure I was reading correctly....LMAO... That is cool...! I didn't realize they have PC's that small ! And good performance it looks like to....Wow....
Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yep, you read it right...8.9 inches! It actually displays webpages full screen, not cut off at all. And the text is easy to read, I have no problems with stuff being too small. The keyboard is a bit cramped, but I am planning on using it mostly just for websurfing mostly. Not too much typing on it.

It is very amazing! Used to be, if you wanted a laptop this small, you would have to pay big $$$$ for it.

About the only drawback is that it has no optical (CD/DVD) drive...so you have to either download programs off of a flash drive, the internet, or another DVD drive (either external or another PC, so I'm told). But, I have no plans to install very much on it....I got it mostly for just what I stated earlier, just browsing the web when relaxing on the sofa or in bed.

It also uses the brand new Intel Atom processor, one of the things that makes these new UMPC's (ultra mobile PC) possible at such an affordable price.

The weather here is absoluteley picture perfect...I'm gonna get some flying in later today!!

Hope you guys are having a great day too!

It feels good to "be back"....I was so drained last week from the Forester....I was basically a ZOMBIE after work most days..!! LOL

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 01:31 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool laptop.

Take pictures of the hobby shop. LOL They would probably wonder what in the world you are doing.

Yeah that wouldn't be good for the switch to turn off in flight.

Nick
Old 10-12-2008, 01:45 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks on the laptop, I love it!

Yeah, they might wonder what I was up to if I started taking pictures...LOL.

I have actually done that to an extent...if there is something I am interested in, (I did it for the Flip Camera) I'll take a picture of it with the cell phone cam...and go home and study online reviews of it. That way, I can remember the exact model number, stock number, etc of the item.

Sometimes, online reviews are really good, and sometimes not. If a product like the GPS I bought has great ratings overall, then I usually feel pretty safe buying it. But some people are never happy, and pick an otherwise great product to pieces, and can give you a false impression of it.

Are you going to be able to get any flying in today?

So the T-Rex shaft drive kit is going to be available soon? I hope they are not like Eflite! Still no CP Pro 2!!

I haven't heard too much lately on the T-Rex 250?

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Evan T.

yeah when i want to take a pic in a store i always feel like theyre gonna think im reporting something lol
Old 10-12-2008, 02:11 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The wind is a little stronger than the videos of me flying the Gaui, but I will still fly. It will just get pushed around a little or a lot.

I think on Helifreak they said the TT might be out in November or the latest in December. I sure hope they aren't like E-Flite or it will be next year before I fly the T-Rex.

I stopped reading the 250 threads when I got the Gaui. I have no need to get another 200 sized helicopter when I already have a great one.

Nick
Old 10-12-2008, 02:53 PM
evdreamer

I crashed the Gaui again. I was trying some moves a little too close to the ground. But the only thing that broke was a servo gear and the rest of the helicopter is fine. It is a hardy little helicopter. But since I don't have the correct gear in any of the spare gear packs I bought I still can't fly. Oh well it is all part of the learning experience.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:36 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear that you had a crash....at least it was a minor one.

The Gaui is a pretty tough little heli, mine has held up well in the crashes I have had.

Yeah, I also find myself flying too low to the ground, and there's not much time to recover. But it's hard for me to fly high, I don't feel really comfortable with it yet.

Sorry that you don't have the servo gear in stock. I have to wonder if the stronger mixing arms are a good thing or a bad thing...I have never damaged a servo, but plenty of mixing arms....but the servo gears are probably cheaper to replace...lol

I am going to go flying in a little while here, as soon as the dryer gets done.

Hope you can get a servo gear and flying again soon.

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 03:49 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I'd better warm up on the sim before I go flying...lol...

I haven't flown or simmed in a good little while...might be a bit rusty!

Wish me luck!

Glenn
Old 10-12-2008, 04:08 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

See what happens when you fly in monsoon conditions....LOL...! Kidding.... I still can't believe the wind you fly in... Crazy... Whatever it takes eh ?! I know, its been windy here all day..... I think I've stared out the window over 100 times I bet. Sorry for the crash, at least there was minimal damage... One nice thing I bet with the Gaui, is that its lightweight characteristics make it less vulnerable for parts to break I suppose...

Yeah, I also find myself flying too low to the ground, and there's not much time to recover. But it's hard for me to fly high, I don't feel really comfortable with it yet.
Glenn ~

I'am glad I'am not the only one then ! That's exactly why you only see me flying where I can keep tabs on it, and also flying and scooting across deck-level pretty much... I lose orientation to easy if I was to go high at all... Perspectively, I lose all concept of what's going on...LOL... I need to work on that...

Well...... Back to staring at the tree tops......... I might have to blow off the dust on the G4.........

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Evan T.

how much is a g4 and what kind of computer do you need to use it
Old 10-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Evan T.

Nick,

sry to hear about the gaui but atleast its not to bad
Old 10-12-2008, 04:33 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

G4 is a sim made by Great Planes, and it is very good...but it takes a pretty powerful computer to run it WELL. You can run it on an older, slower computer, but you have to take alot of detail out of the sim, making it less fun, but you still will learn from it.

I have G4, and also just got Phoenix...and I love it as well. The best thing about Phoenix is that it doesn't require as much computer "horsepower" to run well...

If you want to see how Phoenix would look on your PC, just download the demo version....you can't fly it, but it will give you an idea of how it would look on your PC....

http://www.phoenix-sim.com/demo.htm

It's a pretty impressive demo, even if you can't try flying with it...check it out!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.