Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:46 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPee,

Well, if we didn't learn anything else, it's that once you have a good session, don't lose it!

Glenn
Old 10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Try now...I should be on...under Glenns fun fly...

Glenn
Old 10-13-2008, 07:50 PM
JPEE

76.95.1669:21705
Old 10-13-2008, 08:07 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Maybe you have to use the same airpark..try Evergreen Airport...and then join, and look for me...

Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM
JPEE

ok
Old 10-13-2008, 08:15 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

We'll have to go to PM next reply, probably not interesting for the rest of the people on the forum! LOL

Glenn
Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Can you do tic-tocks on the sim?

I have been practicing today, and it's kinda hard...keep losing altitude.

Hope your parts come in soon so you can fly.

I flew both the Gaui and the B400 earlier. Did good, no crashes.

Glenn
Old 10-13-2008, 08:48 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

rotarydoc you still fly your quark alot?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:55 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Nah, not much lately....but soon. When daylight savings runs out in a few weeks, I'll be flying it at work, in the shop in the evenings.

It flies great, but outside it likes very little wind.

It's not as bad as a CX2...but the wind does push it around a bit.

Did you know I got an MCX? Very, very cool!!! I LOVE IT!

Even though it's alot like a CX2, it's much cooler, because you can fly it in a smaller area.

Hope you are having fun with the Walkera still too.

Glenn
Old 10-13-2008, 08:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I'am on your flying field right now...LMAO... I see your heli sitting in the grass with your name next to it.... I'am on the flightline right now with the RC dunebuggy...LOL...! How do you make your name ? I thought I knew how, but not sure.... I've got a lot of stuff to do tonight, but I'll stay on G4 and maybe here also for a bit to see how you created your name or whatever... I went to 'host' and put my name in, but I didn't open up a site under those options, so I'am wondering if my name I created under 'host' will still be seen if I don't open up a flying field and just go and join on one... Hopefully my name will still seen under joining a new field... Do you see my name by chance ? I also may have to log off on here, as I'am not sure G4 can keep up with having RCU opened up and running the program at the same time.... One thing bad about the G4 ! A memory and CPU hog ! LOL..! Mine running with just G4, uses 100 % of my CPU...! But it works good with no glitching or anything, but my settings have to be set 'low'....

Cool ! Now late at night, when I'am on G4, I'll have to look for you or JPEE on seeing if you guys have a flying field open and are flying around.... Or the same for me... If I don't see you guys having a field open, I'll open one...Use our names so we know if we happen to be looking wondering what field would be us....

Cheers ~

Jeff
Old 10-13-2008, 08:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I see you must have logged of on G4... I'll try again later !

Take care !

~ Jeff
Old 10-13-2008, 09:00 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

Can you do tic-tocks on the sim?

I have been practicing today, and it's kinda hard...keep losing altitude.

Hope your parts come in soon so you can fly.

I flew both the Gaui and the B400 earlier. Did good, no crashes.

Glenn
Glenn,

Yeah I can do Tic-Tocks and also rainbows on the sim. I can't do them to the left or right side of the helicopter, just front to back and back to front. I also pulled off some what of a piro flip a couple of times. It is harder to learn tricks on my sim since the helicopter flies like it doesn't have a gyro, so I stick to learning in real life.

I hope they come tomorrow since I have the day off from school and work. So that would be great.

Good to hear you got to fly and didn't have any crashes.

Nick
Old 10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Does any of the helicopters you downloaded have a fast cyclic response on G4? Because the G4 demo at my LHS has helicopters with slow cyclic response and can't do any of the tricks I can do in real life. Also does the tail hold like it has a gyro? That is a big con for me on FSOne.

Nick
Old 10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I just hosted a new session...see if you can find it...it's Glenns fun fly...

I'll keep it open for ya!

Glenn
Old 10-13-2008, 09:13 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Jeff,

I just hosted a new session...see if you can find it...it's Glenns fun fly...

I'll keep it open for ya!

Glenn

Glenn ~

Alright I found it... I'am in the dunebuggy on the flightline next to your parked 'inverted' heli...LOL...! Pretty cool.... Not sure how long if at all I can stay on there, as I've got to do a bunch of stuff, but I know how it works now for the future ! I need to figure out how to display your name so you know its me, or JPEE the same... But you'll know, as if I think my name isn't there, I'll throw the submarine or dunebuggy on the flightdeck and then you'll now, being the clown I'am...LMAO... But generally for starters, I'll be in the REX 500 so you know for the future....

Maybe I'll see ya later on it !

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-13-2008, 09:13 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Heck ya some of them have super fast cyclic....and the gyros vary from heli to heli...but you can customize any heli with G4...anything you can imagine, you can customize!

The one T-Rex 450SE that I have is crazy fast cyclic, and will do about any 3D you would want....certainly far from sluggish!

Maybe the PC at the LHS is slow...but on my PC, I have some great flying helis here!

Sometimes, too fast, I think...I believe that the T-Rex 500 is more realistic on Phoenix than it is on G4....on G4, it's tail response and authority seem beyond real.

I found that on Phoenix, you can slow down or speed up the sim...pretty funny when it's very slow...like slow motion.

Glenn
Old 10-13-2008, 09:35 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Thanks for the info. It sounds like you guys are figuring this online stuff out. So once I get both helis flying again I might go pick of G4. Least I wouldn't have to wait for shipping since the LHS carries it.

I am going to try the governor on the Gaui and see how well the CC Castle Link works for that. You can program the headspeed you want and based on the gearing, battery, and motor KV it is supposed to keep it at that RPM. To do that I had to count the main gear teeth on the Gaui and it is a 120T just in case you wanted to know.

Is RCU slow or is it just me?

Nick
Old 10-13-2008, 09:48 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, RCU is slow again...

Jeff was just online with G4...and captured some video...should be pretty cool/funny to watch! I think he's going to try to post it on YouTube sometime.

Yeah, we pretty much got G4 online figured out...and it's really cool!

You might like G4 better, there are more downloadable aircraft and flying fields, etc.

And you can use your own TX if you really want to...but it's fine with the supplied Interlink.

It's up to you...they are both very cool in their own ways...

Glenn
Old 10-13-2008, 09:52 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

One other note...G4 is a big resource hog...and likes lots of PC power to run well...where as Phoenix is pretty "light" on computer resources...just something to keep in mind. It might just mean adjusting it for less detail etc...

Glenn
Old 10-13-2008, 10:00 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff, JPEE,

Hey, something I figured out on hosting a session on G4...when you are done setting up the session, make sure to check the box that says "Publish Hosting Information" ...so that it shows up on the join search.

Also, let's host our sessions by our names, so we can readily I.D. each other's sessions.

LOL..I forgot to do it...but the host can play all kinds of nasty stuff....like put in lots of WIND...LOL

See you guys online again soon!

Glenn
Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That would be cool to see Jeff upload it onto youtube. Does G4 come with an adapter for the Spektrum transmitters? Because I couldn't find one on their website.

Nick
Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Almost forgot...the crashes in G4 are much more spectacular, and entertaining too! Phoenix crashes are boring...LOL

Glenn
Old 10-13-2008, 10:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

Geez.... RCU is so slow, it takes me 3 minutes to even get to the thread !

Nick ~

Also I got my dad the G4 for his birthday, and he had a nice Dell computer (laptop) that was only a few years old... It wouldn't work on it... So he goes and buys another brand new Dell that was more expensive, and it still didn't ! He traded it for the G3.5 and it worked...

On my Toshiba Windows XP Pro, I'am only running a 512mb ram system... G4's minumum is 1 GB... But my G4 works great, just not as clear as or fast as maybe others get with there desktops, or gaming laptops... My G4 doesn't glitch and is still clear in my eyes... BUT if I'am running another program, I see it happening (Glitching), and results in me crashing etc. etc... I keep all my settings 'low' for the G4, and it works just fine for the 512 mb's of ram... BUT... I can only fly in the photofields as the other flying areas (3-D) suck up more ram, and it then will have a slow frame rate, and glitch... But I like the photofields better anyway, as they look more realistic to me...

The key in making sure it works good is the 1 GB of ram (but still will work with less) and most importantly.... Is having a good enough graphics card, & sound card... My laptop came with them, and I'am sure there not the best as it was stock with the XP professional, but they do the job well.... I also close any firewall settings and any open programs to help... Other than that, its a pretty neat simulator... I've tried to use my DX-7, but it seems like a pain, and really never could figure it all out... But I like the stock TX for the G4 anyway... I wish I actually could take off the thumb part of the sticks on the G4, and put them on the DX-7, as they are more '*****ly' than the DX7's, and I like that a lot so my thumbs are locked on better with the top part of the sticks !

Man.... I haven't got anything done ! LOL.... I gotta start doing some other stuff, but while I'am doing that I'll have the video start to download to You-Tube... It will take a bit, as you remember my internet connection here on the mountain is VERY SLOW as its running VIA/Sattelite...

Also I still haven't figured out the sound thing on that recorder, so maybe I'll just find some kind of song on You-Tube's choice list... I'am having problems with my Nero program in which I would usually edit a song into, but for now it will work on just using You-Tube's crappy selections...LOL..

Take care guys ! That was just to cool flying like that on G4 ! Hopefully Nick can get one in time ! I used to get bored flying around on the G4, but now it makes it funner, even if you guys aren't on-line I can at least still fly with others ! I even saw Team-Taco's VP (HeliFreak) had a session going...Neat... Now, I may get better at flying, as it will make me want to fly more on the G4 with others which make it very fun...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-13-2008, 11:10 PM
evdreamer

I emailed RCU saying it was slow. Hopefully they fix it soon.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

Here it is guys....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvVYLnzVQxg

The quality is very poor...LOL.. I'am having issues with my Nero program so I couldn't make it 'High Quality' I'll have to fix the Nero program for next time... Its a bummer also, because you can hardly make out the name of who's flying under the heli, or what we are typing to each other on the bottom there... Oh well... Good rough copy though !... The G4 is MUCH clearer of course in real-life on my computer... And remarkably clear I bet on Glenn's system....[8D]

Talk with ya all later, but most likely tomorrow... Its gonna be a busy week, but If I don't post I still spy and catch up on the readings off-line of course usually... If I happen to be flying on G4, and don't see you JPEE or GLENN having a session going, I'll just open one and do my flying thing like that... I'll just name it like glenn did, and call it something like J-MICHAELS Fun-Fly or something similiar... But my name will be included somewhere so ya guys know, like Glenn does....

Take care guys,

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.