Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:14 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Yeah... RCU is soooooo slow....! It takes minutes for my message to go through ! Its bad enough having a slow connection speed as it is !
Old 10-14-2008, 12:12 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That was cool. I saw JPEE was flying a Bell 222, who was flying the T-Rex 500? Then I don't know what that other helicopter was. That person doing the piro flip is really good.

Nick
Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL
I've tried to use my DX-7, but it seems like a pain, and really never could figure it all out... But I like the stock TX for the G4 anyway... I wish I actually could take off the thumb part of the sticks on the G4, and put them on the DX-7, as they are more '*****ly' than the DX7's, and I like that a lot so my thumbs are locked on better with the top part of the sticks !
Jeff,

Someone just posted this link on the T-Rex forum on how to get the DX6i working with G4. They said it isn't much different for the DX7. http://ironcreek.net/dx6i/

Nick
Old 10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Cool, I just got a chance to watch the video..pretty cool!

Thanks Jeff, for doing all the work so we could all enjoy it!

Something to note here...I was actually flying a T-Rex 500 the whole time. But, since Jeff doesn't have that model on his G4, when he watches me, it substitutes the generic Dominion .90 in it's place.

I have no idea who's T-Rex that was on the runway that was mostly inactive....but the guy doing the piro flips was someone that joined the session, have no idea who he was...but yeah, he's pretty darn good!!

Nick, kinda like Phoenix substitutes a question mark, G4 substitutes a generic heli if the person watching/recording doesn't have that model.

On the DX6i/DX7 with G4...I have made it work, but it was sort of a pain to get it all setup. But, it works fine once you do. I had to do a bit of fiddling around to get it right.

With Phoenix, it's very straightforward.

That was very cool....but as JPEE pointed out, it just doesn't do justice watching it on YouTube vs the real simulator. And the better the PC, the better the experience.

I was wondering how it would come out if I video taped it off of my 42" TV screen? Probably not too well, but it might be worth a shot.

Again, thanks Jeff!!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:07 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

So were you the doing the flips or was that Jeff because I couldn't see the names for you two.

My computer has all the requirements for G4, but I have 512MB of RAM like Jeff does. So I would probably have to have the settings on low or something like that.

Nick
Old 10-14-2008, 12:53 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I was doing the flips and stuff...and the crashes...lol I actually got nervous when Jeff said he was taping me...like in real life! I settled down a bit after a while.

Nick, yeah, 512 would meet the minimum, and you could set the settings down to compensate. Memory is really cheap nowadays, you could upgrade the RAM a bit..it would pep up the whole machine alot in the process too.

I think the biggest factor is the video card. G4 will still run OK with the minimum reqirements, it just won't look as impressive as it could.

I spent alot of money on my PC a year and a half ago, and mine exceeds the optimal requirments by a good margin. (4GB of RAM, 2.6 Ghz Core 2 Duo, ATI 256 GDDR2 video card, etc) It's amazing to see on a fast machine.

When I look at the display at the LHS, it's pretty lame in comparison. But the PC and upgrades cost a small fortune. It was a big cash layout at the time, but has proven to be well worth it.

The bad thing about PC's is that they get outdated very quickly. But, in my case, it doesn't seem too bad...I will be able to use the sims for the next few years, at least, if not longer.

Hope you can swing the new sim before long, I really think you'll enjoy it. Especially the ability to experiment with settings on the helis...heck, you can even build a heli from scratch if you wanted!

Gotta go back to work...talk to ya later!

Glenn
Old 10-14-2008, 03:31 PM
evdreamer

Guys guess who got G4? It is so much better than FSOne. And it works great on my computer. What is that link to download helicopters? Now I can join you guys in a fun fly. I can join a session, but I can't host one.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:11 PM
evdreamer

I found that place to download the helicopters, but I can't see them in G4. Where do you guys go to pick them?
Old 10-14-2008, 04:22 PM
RichD1965

I don't have this sim but did some searching, is this what your looking for?

G4 download page

http://www.realflight.com/downloads.html

G4 aircraft models

http://knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=200

http://knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=325

Rich
Old 10-14-2008, 04:27 PM
RichD1965

Also If you have G4 i think you get the free 4 add on packs

http://www.realflight.com/free-g4-add-ons.html

Rich
Old 10-14-2008, 04:27 PM
evdreamer

Rich,

Thanks for taking the time to find those. I found those around page 40ish on this thread a few minutes ago. I downloaded a bunch of T-Rex helicopters, but I can't find them on the G4 sim to fly them.

Nick
Old 10-14-2008, 04:34 PM
evdreamer

Guys I figured out how to fly with the new helicopters, but I can't join a flying session online. It says failed to send player information packet. Do you guys know what is going on?

Old 10-14-2008, 04:40 PM
RichD1965

That i can't help you with. I have been looking into getting a sim i hope for christmass now just choosing between the G4 or the Phoenix.

Good Luck finding them models

Rich
Old 10-14-2008, 05:28 PM
J-MICHAEL

Something to note here...I was actually flying a T-Rex 500 the whole time. But, since Jeff doesn't have that model on his G4, when he watches me, it substitutes the generic Dominion .90 in it's place.

I have no idea who's T-Rex that was on the runway that was mostly inactive

Glenn ~

Weird.... As the Trex 500 on the runway was mine...LOL...! But I didn't fly, as I was busy taping back and forth on you and JPEE... And so I could type... I couldn't see your Trex 500, as I had already chosen one also... So that's what it says when so and so has the same heli or whatever... What I saw, on my screen, was the dominion heli, that you were flying... And that's probally why in the video I recorded it showed the Dominion of yours instead of you actually flying the Rex 500...

Nick ~

The models you download, not all will work... As Glenn mentioned before MOST the ones that say 'EA' will work but not all... But I just go through, and try whatever and some will and some won't... I've downloaded other photofields also... Submarines, dunebuggy's...Etc. Etc... Last night a few times when I tried to join a session, it also said 'Fail to send information packet' But it eventually worked, and not sure what I did...?

When you download new models from Knife-edge, they don't automatically go to G4... You have to go to G4 and on your left side you open where it says simulation I think it is.... Anyway, scroll down to where it says 'import' (picture 1) and then it will open up a window of where your downloads are....(Picture 2)... Then you open one up, and it will then be on your G4...(Picture 3).... Then go back into your G4, and 'Select aircraft'... Your new download will be under 'Custom Aircraft'... Open that model up, and if it was a valid download it will open up and be ready for flight.... Remember, not all will work...I'd say 2 out of 5, or maybe 3 out of 5 work....[8D][8D]

Try that.... I shouldn't even be on here, as I got nothing done last night !...LOL... It will be a busy week for me, but I can't wait to fly with you guys later in the near future, or maybe even these nights just for a bit... We'll see...

When you join a session for on-line, maybe where it says 'host' put your name in there, but don't open up a new flying site, but then maybe go and try to join a session... If the session is full, it won't let you... It shows how many people are 'on', and what the max is for the field...

Good luck.... And soooooo cool ya got G4 ! Sweet ! Remember to close any open programs to help the G4's performance, and close any firewall or anti-virus programs as it will help... G4 usually when first installed, will 'see' what your system requirements are, and set the settings for you... If you look, there probally already set to 'low'...You can still get away, with adding a few to 'medium' quality, as I have....

Have fun !!

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51128.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1051939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91390.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1051940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54734.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1051941  
Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I opened up a flying session on G4... At least I think I did...LOL.. But there is another guy who just came on board flying a plane, so it must have worked... I can't check to see what name it is under, but I guess its under 'J-MICHAEL' as that's the name I have anyway, under the 'host' name... I'll leave it open for a bit, and maybe you can see if you can log-in to the session... I'll be close by the computer, as I'am also doing other stuff, and I'll check the thread here also from time to time (As usual anyway...LOl..) I'am flying the Trex 500, but not sure if you'll see it since ya don't have it I guess... Not sure how that works yet... If you want to type a message while we are flying, all you do is push the return key, then type your message, then hit the return key again...

Hope it works for ya !...If not, Glenn will be here later I'am sure to save ya....

Tell me if you see my session open...

~ Jeff
Old 10-14-2008, 06:59 PM
evdreamer

Glenn and JPEE,

I just got done flying with Jeff online and some other people and it was a lot of fun. I am glad I got G4.

Nick
Old 10-14-2008, 07:01 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

That was fun flying together...! So neat... What was my session's name ? J-MICHAEL...? You should be able to open one up also... Also remember on G4, you can go into and edit each aircraft... Different batts from Thunder Power, A123, Also changing the weights of each component... Each servo speed if you wish, Smoke intensity... LOTS to do, to make the craft almost custom on how you may have one of your heli's set-up in real-life.... That's how I knew I could run a 1320 mah lipo in my Typhoon instead of the regular 2200 mah lipo's... I did it on the sim first, and saw it was fine, and made the Typhoon very easy to 'Hover' because of the lighter battery...

You can also change your headspeed, pitch, almost everything ! And off of Knife-Edge, its just not aircraft you can download... You can download different batts, motors, photofields etc. etc...

Alright, I'll probally see ya later... I'll see maybe if later, or another time if you don't see one of us having a session open, try and see if you can... I just opened under host, and connected, so my IP address was verified and it worked... Nothing extra to set-up on the modem or anything weird like that... I'll watch for one of your sessions later, or even in the future....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-14-2008, 07:03 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn and JPEE,

I just got done flying with Jeff online and some other people and it was a lot of fun. I am glad I got G4.

Nick

I'am so glad ya got it.... It will make me want to use the G4 like I should be... It will make me a better flier in time... It will be great for this winter ! It was a madhouse on that session ! So many planes and heli's ....lol.... At night, its much quieter....
Old 10-14-2008, 07:03 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

AWESOME!!

That is so cool!

Let me know if you need any help....looks like you are well on your way to figuring it out..I have some stuff to do tonight, but I'll do my best to get you going!

Hope you are having fun with it so far...some things are a bit tricky..that is where Phoenix is a little bit better, it's simpler...but you will figure it all out..it's not too bad.

Glenn
Old 10-14-2008, 07:57 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah since I tried flying online I haven't gotten off yet. The T-Rex helicopters are pretty sensitive. I still can't host a session, but I can join them.

Nick
Old 10-14-2008, 07:59 PM
evdreamer

I am on the Helis only session if anyone wanted to join.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Evan T.

man now I really want g4 but I'm gonna get the b400 first what do y'all think I should get first the sim or the b400
Old 10-14-2008, 08:07 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

I prefer the real thing, so the B400. But online flying is also fun.

If anyone wanted to start a session I will join. I can't get on any of the ones available.

Glenn Jeff or JPEE,

Do you know what the Port thing is for hosting a session? I put my IP address in and I still can't host one, so I am thinking I need that.

Nick
Old 10-14-2008, 08:39 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

I can't tell you what it is but the "first time" you go on it gets the IP address of your computer or router and that second number just pops like all of the rest, you do nothing. Now everytime I go on that is already done. It asks me if I want to " host or join" and pick which one i want. If I pick Host, it will use the last Session name I used but you can just over write that.

Hope that helps

JPee

NICK JUST OPENED A SESSION CALLED JPEE'S FUN FLY. I'LL LEAVE IT OPEN FOR A WHILE TO SEE IF YOU CAN JOIN.
6:42 PM. pst
Old 10-14-2008, 09:06 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I have been in the 3D helis session and man is this one guy good. But I will go over to yours.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.