Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 06:23 PM
RCrazy132

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

do u hav any video of the crt
Old 02-16-2006, 06:30 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Yo fellas, I break rear hubs all the time taking little power slides into the wall at our track

I found these

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=15862

They should work fine seing as though I use the Kyosho plastic ones now and they work.

I know they come from Hong Kong. But for about 20 bucks shipped? I think I may try it out....
Old 02-16-2006, 07:45 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: Jammin_Lee

does the rtr version of the jammin even compare if you put all new electronics and motor on it
JamLee..I was so shocked at how well the rtr CRT handled that I felt alittle miffed that I did a kit and that was with the stock electronics. You have to keep in mind that this was on a wet high bite track but I put alot of effort and money into my LSP to get it as good as the rtr crt. The stock aggressively treaded tires had alot to do with it but the diffs and shocks were dialed. Another point you have to take into account is the inconsistant build quality that our oriental friends are giving us. Some people are confirming my reports and some people are getting empty diffs and leaking shocks. That is the nature of the beast when you get RTR rc cars. My LSP was the second worst RTR rc I have ever owned. The Trinity Spyder was the Worst and I has that for a week. I dont mean the worst in performance, I mean the worst in build quality.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Jammin_Lee

so it could pretty much stick with any buggy out there in rtr form just with a little bet better servos.
are there any weak spots on it
Old 02-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Mattcity

Thought i would post some pics of my new baby!

Cheers

Matt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80089.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	410073   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45823.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	410074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf88059.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	410075  
Old 02-17-2006, 08:22 PM
danny f norman

is the rtr race capable out of the box for like club racing what upgrades would it take to make it race ready
Old 02-18-2006, 04:53 PM
mini ripper

ORIGINAL: Mattcity

Thought i would post some pics of my new baby!

Cheers

Matt
Sweet wagon! Where do you run at Mattcity.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:05 PM
AUTOMAG

Hello everyone.Im new to this site but have been reading lots of the posts.I just had a sour deal trying to get into rc the cheap way.I bought a Master x5 buggy(CHINA) from one world rc. What a mess.One buggy didnt move one foot forward and was replaced by another that would move either.Both have been sent back.Now ill try getting a better guality machine and it seems the Jamminx1 rtr would be a real nice one.A Local shop recommends a Hellfire or a Hot bodies lightning.From what i have read, the hellfire seems to be lackng some in the steering department but is otherwise a great machine.Ive heard good things about the lighting. I dont care much for the body that comes with it .im sure that could get changed .Do any of you have a problem with the Jammin being a 2 wheel drive machine?Doesnt the Lighting have an advantage over the Jammin being a 4WD?Thanks for any help or advice/
Old 02-19-2006, 12:05 PM
LJ4K

I just bought a x1 crt rtr and my question is should I replace the stock servos. I also just bought a spektrum radio so I have a z270 , z590 servo. I also have a jr z270 servo I took off my LST when I did the FOC conversion. Are any of these servos better than stock.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:38 PM
mini ripper

ORIGINAL: AUTOMAG

Hello everyone.Im new to this site but have been reading lots of the posts.I just had a sour deal trying to get into rc the cheap way.I bought a Master x5 buggy(CHINA) from one world rc. What a mess.One buggy didnt move one foot forward and was replaced by another that would move either.Both have been sent back.Now ill try getting a better guality machine and it seems the Jamminx1 rtr would be a real nice one.A Local shop recommends a Hellfire or a Hot bodies lightning.From what i have read, the hellfire seems to be lackng some in the steering department but is otherwise a great machine.Ive heard good things about the lighting. I dont care much for the body that comes with it .im sure that could get changed .Do any of you have a problem with the Jammin being a 2 wheel drive machine?Doesnt the Lighting have an advantage over the Jammin being a 4WD?Thanks for any help or advice/
It all depends on what you want to do with it. If you are just going to bash about the local park and race now and then or not at all you would be very well off with the CRT RTR. The kit version is the better option if you are going all out to race as you can put the engine and electrics of you choice in it. But you are looking at alot of money for the kit version, engine, radio gear, servo and radio gear I have spent well over £700 GBP ($1300) on mine to get it ready for the Maxbashing championship here in the UK.
Im not sure what the retail of the CRT RTR is in the US as we dont get the Jammin in the UK we get it ours Direct from Hong Nor and not through Ofna.
But all in all either of the trucks you have said are very good in thier own way and all have thier issues it is all down to your personal preference and more inportantly for me is weather my local hobby shop supports the models I buy as thier is nothing more annoying than not being able to get spares quickly.
Oh yea the CRT is 4wd!
Old 02-19-2006, 06:17 PM
AUTOMAG

Hey Mini ripper, thanks for the info . Im glad to hear the Jammin is a 4WD im sure i saw it listed as a 2WD somewhere.I was going to wait a few weeks to order but i could"nt resist and just placed an order for my Jammin RTR version . Tower hobbies has them for $539.With the starter battery,a charger and joining there 1 year discount club ,the bill came to just under $600.I have spend nearly 2 months messing around with those other buggies and it will be great to have one top notch truggy.Sure glad those werent Summer months i wasted. This buggy will just get some easy messing around in grass or maybe some small jumps that i can find.Everyone is so happy with them and they are so widely recommended,it really helped my choice alot .I will post back for some break in advice.I will be running 10%Odonnel if thats ok
Old 02-19-2006, 07:37 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: AUTOMAG

Hey Mini ripper, thanks for the info . Im glad to hear the Jammin is a 4WD im sure i saw it listed as a 2WD somewhere.I was going to wait a few weeks to order but i could"nt resist and just placed an order for my Jammin RTR version . Tower hobbies has them for $539.With the starter battery,a charger and joining there 1 year discount club ,the bill came to just under $600.I have spend nearly 2 months messing around with those other buggies and it will be great to have one top notch truggy.Sure glad those werent Summer months i wasted. This buggy will just get some easy messing around in grass or maybe some small jumps that i can find.Everyone is so happy with them and they are so widely recommended,it really helped my choice alot .I will post back for some break in advice.I will be running 10%Odonnel if thats ok
Who reccomended 10% fuel to you. That sounds like some very old information you have been given. Run 20% fuel. Oddonnel is one of the best and I use it exclusively as well as most racers. It has a good oil content with good power, the best of both worlds.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:01 PM
AUTOMAG

Well actually, I have about a gallon of good 10% Odonnel fuel left that I was useing on my master vhx5 buggies.I was hopping i could finish the fuel on my new Jammin CRT, then next gallon move up to the 20% .If its a no no to change the nitro %,then i could just give the stuf away and start off with the 20%.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:42 PM
crazysavage

I dont think you will damage anything but my idea is if you going to make an error, make it on the side of caution. Break the engine in with the fuel you will be running. It's up to you.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:29 PM
mini ripper

As to the fuel you are going to be using. Get yourself some 20% fuel dont run it in with the 10% as it will run in hotter than if you were to use 20%. You can change the nitro content of the fuel whenever you like but you should give the the motor a tank running it steady so the engine will get used to it you will also need to retune your engine and you may even have to reshim the head.
I have used the same fule in all model engines for over 3 years with no big issues.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:35 PM
crazysavage

By the way Automag, are you a paintball fanatic? You have to be referring to the famous paintball markers or maybe the real thing.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:21 PM
AUTOMAG

Hey CrazySavage.I have a target permit and enjoy handguns alot.Although we go an indoor range in Winter , I cant wait till it warms up soon so i can get to the outdoor range.Im sure the new Jammin thats on the way, will dig into my range time some now but thats cool.I dont own a wildey 44automag but my bro has an AMT automag II in 22mag and i thought that would make a pretty neat screen name.I call it the blaster since the sound rivals that of a much larger caliber round
Old 02-20-2006, 02:28 PM
AUTOMAG

Oh and thanks "everyone" for the help with NTRO choice for my CRT.I will go the for 20% right off the bat ..ps guess i could have used and ED BROWN PRODUCTS screen name but it wouldnt have the same impact .LOL
Old 02-20-2006, 02:36 PM
crazysavage

Just remember, you are getting a ready to run, you are at the mercy of the people who built it. The two that I broke in were flawless and the five or six of them that went out from my Local Hobbyshop have had no problems but as with all ready to runs, you may run into some problems. So dont get upset, get her fixed and back into the game...good luck.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:53 PM
AUTOMAG

Yes ,Ill be on the look out for something to be out of wack best i can.Of the two buggies i had before, both wouldnt go forward at all even though the engines ran ok.the clutches would lockup ok and spin the tranny gears but the tranny wouldnt kick the power to the drive shafts . I had to run a cut diown bolt in there to get it to work wich was totally unacceptable to me (hackjob) so i sent them back. This CRT will no doubt be a gem compared to those mastervhx5s
Old 02-20-2006, 04:30 PM
mini ripper

No you wont have to much trouble with the CRT I dont think. For a start the drive train is very simple although very effective. As you are probaly aware truggies are based upon buggies which are without doubt the most durable rc's there are.
I wish we were allowed to own guns in the UK well firearms anyway the best we get are Air guns which are barely able to run a tin of beer through.
I cant wait to run my CRT in just got my race fuel through from my sponser only 6 weeks late! But as they say all good things come to those who wait! Well thats what my mum used to tell me before christmas.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:15 PM
AUTOMAG

Ouch,6 weeks wait for fuel is a long time. Couldnt you go pick some up locally to keep you going ?Hopefully your up and running again .Maybe nextime they can send some fuel before youve run out . Right now it"s pretty cold in New York so while i have to wait for my truggy,I dont mind.Ill have time to look over my truggy.Im very eager to go out and crash i mean run it ........ oh yea that was my plane .I figured id better keep my feet on the ground this time .What could possibly go wrong
Old 02-20-2006, 05:20 PM
mini ripper

Yea I know long time to wait, but Im cool about it I have been running electric touring cars indoors for the winter so I have been busy with that so not all bad.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Dirby

auto mag.
i have owned several guns.
hand guns rifels shot guns and fulley automatic sub machine guns.

i owned a uzi 9mm
sten mk11 9mm
sten mkv 9mm
mp 40 9mm
mp5 9mm
i would have to say the mp5 probably was the best.
i also reloaded all the 9mm ammo that i shot in theese full autos.
somewhere near a houndred thousand rounds
lots of gun powder.
Dirby
Old 02-21-2006, 12:53 AM
bentgear

Got to drive two of the kit versions this weekend that used similar parts, only minor adjustments to suspension made them different. One pushed like a dump truck and the other was so loose it was like driving on ice. Both were excellent jumpers. Both were easy to correct in the air if needed. Neither had bad tendencies in the ruff stuff.

I think we might have a winner here.

Ed M.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.