Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

PHOENIX TUCANO .40-.51 ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

PHOENIX TUCANO .40-.51 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 12:50 AM
TimBle

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: PHOENIX TUCANO .40-.51 ARF

excellent news!!
I flew mine into some power lines a few months back and have been holding out on a replacement to see if Phoenix updates it to include retracts.
I Will DEFINATELY order another one now
Flies like a pattern plane
Old 10-18-2011, 03:29 AM
billd76
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PHOENIX TUCANO .40-.51 ARF

ORIGINAL: mforester

I'd been wanting to get one of these for some time and was finally able to pull the trigger and order one. I was initially discouraged to find that the Tucano 40 was showing as discontinued on Tower Hobbies and Advantage Hobby's web sites but upon further searching discovered that the model was replaced with a new GP/EP version, cool. I placed the order and it arrived today. I just unpacked everything and while doing so realized a number of things, this is a new design and it is RETRACT READY!!! It comes with all the optional parts and basic instructions to install retracts. The front motor area is also very different to accommodate nitro or electric motors and the wing mounting is also completely revised. The retract instructions do not state which retracts or any part numbers for ordering them, however from the pictures it looks like the Hobbico retracts are a good choice. I had only planned to side mount my engine but now will definitely add retracts to mine. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.
Flew mine a couple of weeks ago, I put a Super Tiger 51 in it. I didn't check the latteral CG. When I took off all it wanted to do was turn left. Tried to trim in out, no avail!! It was a tricky landing, but some how managed to keep the wings level. I ask my spotter to adjust the aileron trim way right, he did and said it was full right, but after landing the Tx aileron trim was only half way!! I think the mechancial trim was off. Mine is inverted and what a pain to start. I've been on business travel since then, but when I get home, I'm mounting the engine side ways. Easier to start and easier to maintain. IT does take away from the scale look though.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Jaime aguirre

I have this plane,and its just giving lots of problems. I have it with a 55 os ax and I can't get it to idle because the position of the tank is way to high and I can't lower it down anymore because I have retracts on mine.. I thought by fliping the tank would help but I don't think it's and good idea!! I don't know what else to do,,my only option is putting the engine side ways!!
Old 08-06-2015, 10:18 PM
Jaime aguirre

Today 06:16 AM
I have this plane,and its just giving lots of problems. I have it with a 55 os ax and I can't get it to idle because the position of the tank is way to high and I can't lower it down anymore because I have retracts on mine.. I thought by fliping the tank would help but I don't think it's and good idea!! I don't know what else to do,,my only option is putting the engine side ways!!
Old 10-26-2016, 12:50 AM
zariquez

I have a Saito 82 fitted sideways and it flies great.
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM
Harrymntncs

Hi all,

I found one of those 2008-made .40 Tucanos lying around at my Club, brand new in box unbuilt, and got it. I built it and gave it an enormous amount of power; a Laser 80 engine. Needed 135 gr of lead at the very back to balance. She flies more than great, tons of power, hovers @ 50% throttle etc - an utter joy. However in just 12 flights I've encountered an issue which I'd like to iron out - if someone can help...

It's like this one here -> https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/att...1&d=1375389799 except I've added Hellenic Air Force insignia, being Greek, and they do suit it rather perfectly I 'd say.

The "instructor" pilot (the rear one) has come unstuck. How do I remove the canopy without damaging it and / or damaging the fuselage? That's what I'd love to know, thanking anyone who has done that in advance

Regards Harry