Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 03:06 AM
mindwreck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

oh taht is one sexy beast. i see a cusco struct brace and scca sticker. autoX?
Old 02-06-2007, 03:11 AM
xeliman

http://cgi.ebay.com/TAMIYA-1-10-R-C-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-06-2007, 03:28 AM
bIGmiK

Wow, an ebay link?
Old 02-06-2007, 04:20 AM
Unique1

Anyone?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:53 AM
qwksti

ORIGINAL: mindwreck

oh taht is one sexy beast. i see a cusco struct brace and scca sticker. autoX?
i auto x sometimes, mostly do open track stuff now. willow springs, button willow, laguna seca, etc. autox is fun on practice days, but the other times i got tired of goin to the place it was being held and setting up my car for 3 runs. just not worth it unless you are going to compete for the championship. so i go to the road tracks.

patrick
Old 02-06-2007, 12:27 PM
qwksti

hi all,,

for those in the SO Cal area, ( LAX and nearby ) ive started a socal Rc group on yahoo groups. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/socalrc

if you are interested join. its for group stuff in so cal.. hooking up to race/run. etc.

patrick
Old 02-06-2007, 01:28 PM
mindwreck

Well i was waitign bigM to respond since he knows everythign about the tt-01.
1. Do your motors haves capacitors? thats one of the main causes of glitchign. your futaba is only 27mhz so its really susceptible to interference. i recommend getting a 75mhz am or FM system.

2. the gear mesh may be bad. are you using the stock gearing?

ORIGINAL: Unique1

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with my TT-01 (sry if wrong place to post)
Setup: TT-01, RS540 Sport Tuned Motor and Heatsink, Upper arm kit, Alloy Propeller shaft, Ball bearings, TEU-101BK and Futaba MJ Radio Gear.

1. I have symptoms of Glitching (Interference?), inconsistant power-on (throttle response). I have swapped my motors out to see if that was the issue, but the problem still persists. I was previously running my radio gear in a Kyosho V one S in the same area with no interference problems at all. This points to the ESC(?) I know... not too sure. Can someone please help/ offer opinion?

2. I have a concerning humming noise comming from my Spur/ Pinion. Sounds like they may be wearing/ not running smoothly? Can someone please recommend the next optimum step up for spur pinion, geared for a bit more speed, but not to much stress on motor? or somewhere I can look?

- Can someone please help!

Thanks in advance.
regards,
Unique1.

P.S -> I'm a drifter
Old 02-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Raguvian

qwksti, i believe you, nice car!
It's just that i've seen a couple of WRX's with STI body kits, rims and painted brake calipers to look like real Brembos.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Nubus

lol yup those people are fake. ;P
Old 02-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Raguvian

Man, i've already split the front bumper and cracked the rear end and broke a rearview mirror on my A4 body. []
Plus the rims are gouged because i went drifting with the car and didn't glue on the tires so they came off.
And the underside of the chassis is very scratched. too much offroading i guess. :lol:
Old 02-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Silentbob343

ORIGINAL: qwksti

hi,, its a real STi, www.qwksti.com

also,, i would love to hook up and run the tt-01. let me know when you go out,, im there.... i go to a parking lot near my house, its wide open and no one uses it on the weekend, its perfect for open drifting.

patrick
p.s. if this wont show its a STi, not sure what will.. i guess a swap is possible... but im no fake...

[img]http://www.qwksti.com/stiengine20.jpg[/iage]
Never thought you were a fake I was just voicing possible options as to it being a WRX with an auto. I'm a member over at NASIOC and i-club, same S/N as here. No Suby for me though.

Have your tein hood dampers rusted at all?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:42 PM
qwksti

hi
the hood dampers are fine so far. i keep them oiled good, so that might help. plus i dont drive it in the rain.

patrick

p.s. as for the fake thing,, no hard feelings, i was not bent over it, just making sure no one thinks im a fake. kuz ive seen lots of them.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:59 PM
mindwreck

wow what happen?!?! run into a dumpster like nubus don't even worry about teh chassis. its a 8 dollar part. next time i order stuff im goign get like 3 just incase Lol. me and nubus went to a local park and rallyed on a baseball field. OH man you wont' believe what it did. half a battery in each of our cars and the the rear was packed with red clay and rocks. I got lucky but nubus's car had no teeth left on his gears[:@]

ORIGINAL: Raguvian
Man, i've already split the front bumper and cracked the rear end and broke a rearview mirror on my A4 body. []
Plus the rims are gouged because i went drifting with the car and didn't glue on the tires so they came off.
And the underside of the chassis is very scratched. too much offroading i guess. :lol:
Old 02-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Raguvian

wow what happen?!?! run into a dumpster like nubus don't even worry about teh chassis. its a 8 dollar part. next time i order stuff im goign get like 3 just incase Lol. me and nubus went to a local park and rallyed on a baseball field. OH man you wont' believe what it did. half a battery in each of our cars and the the rear was packed with red clay and rocks. I got lucky but nubus's car had no teeth left on his gears[:@]

ORIGINAL: Raguvian
I had a Trinity (I think?) Speed Gem 2 12T motor in there, got some nice speed and then my dad hit something at WOT and cracked the rear i think.
I kept jumping off the little speedbump and i think that's how the front end cracked, and the underside got killed when i went over some rocks i think. Any time it got stuck, i just floored it all the way and the 4WD would pull it through somehow.

Yummy.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Nubus

lmao looks like ours. Yeah the bottom just scratches allot. I'm going to order a bunch more spare parts. I broke the spur/pinion gear cover and that thing shattered. Yeah the pics would explain everything. My Microsoft Natural 4000 keyboard just died on me. half the keys doesn't work after " qwert" second time their keyboard pooped on me. Unappreciated Microsoft. Can't keep good quality workmanship
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72950.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	615602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82921.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	615603  
Old 02-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Raguvian

How did you break the spur gear cover??? That's crazy!
How much did the aluminum driveshaft cost?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:46 AM
mindwreck

its 7 bucks on towerhobbies. you should definitely get it if your running that 12T motor. i have a 17t in mine and ran it to see how bad it is. the shaft was actually vibrating out of the drive cups!!
Old 02-07-2007, 01:49 AM
Nubus

Yeah I installed a new spur /pinion set. and was trying it out.. and did a drift and was sliding sideways and hit the curb on its side. Cracked mindwreck's wheel =X and it shattered that whole part. The aluminum shaft cost... 12? i think?

I definitely need to upgrade to aluminum drive cups and stuff too.. cause its starting to shake off too. when I run it just like slow driving.. it sounds like a truck gassing it from a red light.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Gamesta

Hey everyone I have two TT-01 Cars one Nismo Silvia S15 and the Ferrari FXX. The Ferrari has an alluminum propellor shaft metal motor mount and Aluminum heat sink very stock. The Nismo on the other hand has the Aluminum Oil Dampeners,Aluminum Propellor shaft,Metal Bearing Upgrade,Carbon Fiber upper arm front and rear stabillizers RS-540 Sport tuned motor Aluminum Heat sink and metal motor mount and cut down the posts for the body. My question is what else can I do to my nissan for upgrades or is that all there is? I knnow there are bigger motors to upgrade to but I am happy with this motor.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:16 AM
SLAUGHTERHOUSEJACK1988

More aluminum parts, Metal Hex nuts.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Gamesta

So basically the Hex nuts is al that's possibly left the aluminum swing arms don't work with the tamiya stabilizer bars what about the dog bones and propellor joints are they available in aluminum? I have already upgraded the steering to aluminum.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Raguvian

its 7 bucks on towerhobbies. you should definitely get it if your running that 12T motor. i have a 17t in mine and ran it to see how bad it is. the shaft was actually vibrating out of the drive cups!!
I got the silver can in there for now. The 12T melted.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Paulyd

hey i'm thinking of starting a little drift team wit some of my good friends. i mentioned tt-01s to them, but were all kinda busy. now i'm thinking about offroad 2 wheel drive
Old 02-08-2007, 03:25 AM
Unique1

Thanks mindwreck - you are the only one with the decency to respond.
I'll have a look into it. Thanks again.

Unique1
Old 02-09-2007, 08:49 PM
pimpedarse

I just bought a RTR Tamiya TT-01 with the CPR-01 unit witch acts as the ESC and Reciever. I heard that this ESC can be used with the Sport Tuned Engine. So i bought it, but when i took out the plugs for the engine... they look completely different then the sport tuned one i just bought... does anyone know if i can somehow buy plugs to fit the ESC? cause i kinda dont want to buy a whole new reciever and ESC. If i do then should i just get a whole new controller as well? or can i just stay with the one it came with... please help!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.