Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

for some reason my flight times on the cx2 are like 5 or less minutes maybe i was flying to long because i would fly till it wouldnt gain altitude
Old 10-18-2008, 01:02 PM
evdreamer

Rich,

That Brushless Falcon sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Yeah I would love to see pics of it when it is done. That is cool what Helidirect did for you. I really like them. Cool to hear G4 is on your Christmas list. I think you will really like it. To me it flies very close to the real thing. And it would be fun to fly online with you.

Nick
Old 10-18-2008, 01:09 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I got my parts, but won't have time to work on either helis. I have to go to work in a couple of hours and help my Dad move in a new freezer. Maybe tomorrow I will have time. Least I have all next weekend off.

That is fine you weren't on. I can understand it.

Let us know how the B400 goes with the new tuning. If you use a 100 50 100 thottle curve in Idle up you won't notice a difference between that and normal mode.

Good to hear you have good weather.

I can understand you would be tired after staying up late. I am starting to feel the effects of only 4-5 hours of sleep for two years.

Nick
Old 10-18-2008, 01:11 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

for some reason my flight times on the cx2 are like 5 or less minutes maybe i was flying to long because i would fly till it wouldnt gain altitude
Evan,

Yeah try landing just before you can't go up any more. I used to quit flying once the helicopter didn't have power to quickly climb. It was more of a safety thing in an emergency, so I didn't crash the helicopter.

Nick
Old 10-18-2008, 08:56 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Hi Evan,

I just got some new batteries as my old Eflite 800 mAh CX2 batteries were doing just what you said. Now a little wiser in this hobby I bought 2 new 850 mAh batteries to try. I flew them 5 min then charge and read how many mAh I had taken out, then again 6- then 7 then 8 min. I found that 8 min. is my golden number for the new batteries. They still have power left in them when land..........however I have not pushed the battery past its allowable discharge rate 680 mAh and cause damage thus making them last longer over their life use. So with that said, depending how you have used them (your batteries) 5-7 min is about your max w/out damage.

Smiles JPee
Old 10-18-2008, 10:55 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

How is everyone doing?

I have been bad again today....LOL;

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1211587387690

I couldn't resist...sure does make G4 look alot better!! I can see the teeth on the T-Rex 500's main gear when I get the heli close enough....LOL! This monitor is huge, it makes you feel like you are at the flying field!

Nick, my LHS is getting more into helis, at least a little bit, since the other one that is closing down is soon to be out of business. They have a T-Rex 450 SE...and it's called a CDE?? It also says it's a "superior edition"...is that what all SE 450's stand for?

Anyways, they want $509 for it!! It does come with motor and ESC...but that sure seems expensive to me. For that money, I'd rather put it towards a T-Rex 500...

But, they still don't stock any parts for it...except they have a canopy, and some feathering shafts that they got for B400 owners (me) to use.

I gotta get busy on the B400 settings...I'll start tonight...it was WAY too windy to try to fly anything today. Hopefully I will get better weather tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 10-18-2008, 11:27 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

LOL......!!!!!!! You gadget freak...LMAO... [8D][8D] I so need that ! Back at home in Washington, and also because I run the G4 off my laptop I have hooked it up to our two bigscreens through the laptop ! It is so cool, and you feel like your there... In our bedroom we have a 61" Mitsubishi T.V. and in the living room is the 55" JVC 1080i HDMI T.V.... But I really need something like you got just there and for just the computer... The T.V.'s are excellent for playing on the XBOX 360 also. Of course, I'am into cars as you know so the race games are so great ! The audio is all run through a digital fiber-optic cord through the stereo system that I went overboard on... Just the two subwoofers together cost more than my Trex 450 and 500 together...LMAO... They will shake the glasses out of the cabinets in the kitchen if I let it.... YIKES... Bring on the gadgets ! I think were to much alike... SCARY...

I might get a desktop in time... All we have is three laptops. I have my old crappy Dell here, and then of course the Toshiba here that is just Windows XP Pro with the video and audio cards that get me by on the G4, but at home we have the HP that makes the G4 look like its suppose to and has a much better graphics and audio card... Its got the Windows Vista premium editon which confuses the crap out of me....LOL... The ol' lady loves it though...

Its been windy here lately also.... The signs of winter coming yet.... I did get a flight today though... AND I also did my first right hand circle flight as if you were looking at the heli tail-in... I always could fly in a complete circle in the sky going in a leftwise motion, but never could really grasp the right-side full circles... The G4 made me do it finally ! I'll have to download the video of it... I also was comfortable flying more than usual, thanks to more time being put on the G4... Simply amazing... Maybe tommorow I'll get another little break from the wind, and be able to put up a flight or two...

Talk with ya later....

~ Jeff
Old 10-18-2008, 11:33 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Nice touch............Let me tell you a few things my friend. First GREAT monitor! ! ! Two..your killing me keeping up with you. It is like radar or something. Today we were at the LHS for my buddy and he got MXC. But prior to that I had been fiddeling with my laptop to brighten the picture so I can see where I am "trying to fly LOL" on my 15" screen. Anyway I flew at the LHS on their I dont know 25" maybe LCD big screen and it is clear as a bell and I do much better. So I was talking with the little woman saying I need to order power house CPU from Costco/Dell and get a big screen monitor to push my G4, just today I said all of this. Then I log in and see you too have been VERY busy. I can only say President Bush told me he is glad your working on the economy LMAOOOFF. Seriously, CONGRADULATIONS on the big screen. Use it good health and fun for many many many hours!
Also like you, I have been talking with Jeff about a 500 and my LHS still has a fully assembled 500 there on the counter they built last week for $1040 there abouts. I should have taken a hankie for the drooling I was doing let me tell you. YES I cannot fly like you and Nick or Jeff but I can still fly that puppy easy-like and have LOADS of fun. However, something will have to go. I think I am going to sell the Quark now that is back from the MRC factory and all spiffed up and working right. Flys much better "dayand night" since they did their magic!

Keep your head down there young fella.............JPee
Old 10-18-2008, 11:45 PM
J-MICHAEL

YES I cannot fly like you and Nick or Jeff but I can still fly that puppy easy-like and have LOADS of fun.

JPEE ~

Yeah right...! You are WAY better of a flier than me....LOL...[8D] I just now today did my first right-hand turn in a full circle up... And only did it once ! Left handed turns no prob, but still.... I've seen your videos, and you fly that B-400 great ! AND you have done a few loops, and I can't even imagine trying that... Sorry, but I have to 'push you' to the front of the line more than where I'am at.... Nick of course is like a master.... And Glenn is very good also like yourself... You two are gonna have to scrap it out for second place I'am thinking....[8D][8D]

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-18-2008, 11:54 PM
JPEE

Thanks Kiddo!

The Old Timer

CONGRATS to you on the L&R Circles too!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:04 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I had a crappy day at work and had to stay an hour late. Nice monitor.

Superior Edition sounds like it would be correct. I never really looked into it. I have seen a CDE T-Rex before, but it was a lot cheaper than $509. I think it was in the $200 range. For that price you could get a SEV2.

Jeff,

Cool to hear G4 for is helping you in real life flying. Hint Hint Evan and Helistyle. LOL

Oh I did find a little time to work on the Gaui. I just have to do the servo setup and set the pushrods. Shouldn't take to long.

Nick
Old 10-19-2008, 12:35 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

That is cool that you are a fellow gadget freak!

It's terrible how addicted I am to new gadgets...LOL The monitor that I had before is an HP 22", and it's not bad at all either! Just had to have that extra 2"...it really does make a difference, believe it or not...and this one is brighter, and clearer, with 1920x1200 pixels...

I figure I'm going to be looking at this monitor for a long time to come...lol...I look at my PC monitor more than the Sharp 42" Aquos 1080p with an HD DVR!

That is great that you can now do something that was giving you trouble by practicing on the sim....I have had similar experiences...I try to take mental notes of what I don't do well in a session, and try to work on it on the sim....and it helps.

Funny that you are weaker on right turns....I am weaker on left turns...especially if the heli is to my left. That is one of the things I try to practice.

Good luck on your flights tomorrow if the wind will cooperate!

Glenn
Old 10-19-2008, 12:44 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Yeah, it makes a hell of a difference what monitor/PC you are using G4 on...I kinda laugh at the setup at my LHS..it is very lame and outdated...I am surprised they don't update their demo PC....they would probably sell more G4's that way!

I can use my TV to display G4...but for some reason, I prefer the PC. The TV, even though it is HD...doesn't have the detail that a PC monitor has. It's bigger, for sure, but by the time you sit back where you should be, it's not much bigger in relation to being close to the PC monitor.

Looks like you will beat me to the T-Rex 500...I'm most likely looking at next spring. I could have had one by now, but I would just as soon wait a while before I get something that nice. I'm not done crashing yet! (well, I'll never be DONE, but you know what I mean). The first time I plowed the field with that heli, I think I would cry...LOL. Heck, I haven't even flown my B400 in idle up yet !! Got a long ways to go....but don't get me wrong, I'll bet you will love the 500, it's probably so stable, you will love just cruising it around the field.

Glad to hear you got the Quark back...and it flies well. I just flew mine in the shop at work on Friday...forgotten how much fun it is!

Have you been doing any flying lately?

Glenn
Old 10-19-2008, 12:47 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

You wanna do any G4 tonight?

Let me know, and I'll open a session. I have been practicing my funnels and backwards flight some tonight earlier, and am slowly getting better.

If not, I'll talk to you later on.

Glenn
Old 10-19-2008, 01:02 AM
J-MICHAEL

I can use my TV to display G4...but for some reason, I prefer the PC. The TV, even though it is HD...doesn't have the detail that a PC monitor has. It's bigger, for sure, but by the time you sit back where you should be, it's not much bigger in relation to being close to the PC monitor

Glenn ~

Your so correct right there... The one reason also why I said I need one of those monitors you just got ! I've seen how crazy clear they are when I was drooling over a few in the past, and all I can say is WOW.... That one doesn't seem that bad a price either... Its funny how stuff in time, starts to go down in price thank-goodness ! A few years ago that PC monitor probably would have went for $1,000 I'am guessing...LOL..

Its funny, but I've never seen G4 run at its full optimum capabilites... Someday I hope to however... What are you doing tommorow ?!

Take care Glenn,

~ Jeff
Old 10-19-2008, 01:18 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just finished the Gaui up except for zip ties for the wires. Now I finally have one working heli. I am kind of not looking forward to fixing the belt drive on the T-Rex, but it will probably be easier than I imagine. Here are some pics of the T-Rex setup I will be doing soon. Earlier today I found out I bent the canopy mount, but no big deal.

Yeah if you still want to fly tonight I will join.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11905.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1054669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28288.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1054670   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70147.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1054671   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63573.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1054672  
Old 10-19-2008, 01:32 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

I just finished the Gaui up except for zip ties for the wires. Now I finally have one working heli. I am kind of not looking forward to fixing the belt drive on the T-Rex, but it will probably be easier than I imagine. Here are some pics of the T-Rex setup I will be doing soon. Earlier today I found out I bent the canopy mount, but no big deal.

Yeah if you still want to fly tonight I will join.

Nick
Nick ~

That ESC looks mean ! I may go with that 60 amper CC if you give it a killer review... Do I smell a 4-cell set-up in that bad-boy V2...?! I'am waiting on the Castle link, and then I'am going to try out my CC 45 amper... With my 15t Common-Sense motor and the Kontronik ESC I suck up about 1800-1875 mah's in about 4 minutes and 30 seconds...YIKES...! With my stock SA motor (3550 KV) and stock Align 35amp ESC I would get about 8-8 1/2 minutes on a 13t... I got some new pinions in a combo pack I got at the LHS today, so I'am going to put on a 13t on the motor and see... I tried a 11 tooth, but for some reason everything ran hotter than crap and the Jazz ESC even had the high temperature cut-off thingy go off... Go figure... I put the 15t back on, and everything was barely warm... I'll be interested in what the 13t may bring... Hopefully more flight time !

I'am waiting for my video to upload from You-Tube and then I may try and get on G4 if this doesn't take to long....

I think I'am taking one of my planks up in the morning with my dad, as he's wanting to fly his plane but hopefully If I can get my butt up early enough I can take the Trex up top of the property for a flight before we drive to the flying field for the planks.... We'll see...

Have a good one... Hey... My G4 hasn't been glitching so far... (Knock on wood) I just got rid of that Mcafee antivirus software off my computer and it stopped considerably... If I disabled the program it didn't matter... I had to actually get rid of it period for some reason for the G4 not to glitch... Must have had something still running in the background...Dunno..

~ Jeff
Old 10-19-2008, 01:45 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I don't think a four cell would fit in there unless I went with a smaller capacity battery or went with an A123 setup. And I don't have a charger capable of four cells.

Are you using the governor on the Kontronik when you used the 11T? Since you said it is kind of a mystery with the governor I wonder if it was making the motor spin faster to have the same headspeed as the 15T.

Have fun flying your plank with your Dad. Was your Dad the one that had the T-Rex 600? I just remember you showing a picture of a T-Rex 600 and a 450 in the past.

Good to hear G4 isn't glitching for you lately.

Nick
Old 10-19-2008, 02:05 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

That's the crappy thing about the Jazz esc is it only runs in heli mode with the governor ! I hate that ! I like control of my throttle curves as set in the 5 points of my pitch settings... But yes, you still can set your throttle curves, but the Jazz will only use what it 'sees' as far as your motor/pinion and battery... Go figure... I know for a fact I'am going to like the Castle ESC's much better !

Yes my dad is the one who also has the Trex 600 E CF... He's had it for over a year and hovered it maybe 5 times...LMAO... What a waste... Sorry...LOL... He can hover somewhat and that's it. He likes to build them and its more of a hobby I guess in that aspect... Maybe the cool factor I guess... Dunno.. He really enjoys the planks though, and he can actually fly those so he's much more happier with them...

Hey... Here's the video of today when I took the Trex out... make sure you watch it in HIGH QUALITY or it will be blurry if you don't... Its the way it was compressed... At about the 3 minute mark I did my first right turn flight courtesy of the G4 simulator and flying with you guys ! I could never even get close before in those right hand turns before... I'am so going to do more flying on the G4 what a big Diff !!!!!!!!! Evan and Heli if your snooping here, I highly recommend a sim for sure ! Even maybe before a heli purchase....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0KKhHCx2nE

The wind was starting to pick up, so I had to quit before I would've been sorry... Other than that it was a pretty good flight for my skill level overall...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-19-2008, 02:21 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Cool video and nice flying. Hope you get your Castle Link soon.

Nick
Old 10-19-2008, 02:43 AM
evdreamer

Its getting late for me, so I am calling it a night.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:48 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Me too, it's almost 4AM here....gotta get some sleep.

Great flying there Jeff! Lookin' good! Nice video too.

I'll talk to you guys tomorrow, hopefully we'll all get to fly!

Glenn
Old 10-19-2008, 02:49 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Its getting late for me, so I am calling it a night.

Thanks Nick.... Let me guess.... Your installing that Scorpion motor and CC 60 amp esc right now........[8D][8D]

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Old 10-19-2008, 02:51 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

Me too, it's almost 4AM here....gotta get some sleep.

Great flying there Jeff! Lookin' good! Nice video too.

I'll talk to you guys tomorrow, hopefully we'll all get to fly!

Glenn
Talk with ya tommorow Glenn ! And thanks..... G4 is calling our names for tommorow maybe.....[8D]
Old 10-19-2008, 06:38 AM
RichD1965

Hey guys,
I haven't been doing much, trying to finish my FP heli as much as my back pain will let me also wife was home from work sick yesterday, she hogs the computer playing her games on Pogo lol

Glenn.. Nice monitor ya got ..I'd have to buy a bigger computer stand to hold that LOL I have my computer hooked up to the TV for larger views I bought one of these from radio shack sorry had to edit radio shack link didn't work so i had to find another site to view it

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_404211...verter_reviews

Nick ... Becarful moving that freezer back pain is no fun .hopefully you'll get some time to get your Gaui up and flying

Jpee.. sorry if i haven't said anything but it's really great that the fires have diverted from ya and left you alone

Jeff... Holly cr=p on the size of those TV's LOL. Nice video and great flying!! My computer had Windows Vista Home Premium too plus it has a TV tuner built into it so i can watch cable tv or record TV on the 500 gig hard drive. It even has a a remote LOL, So it sounds like i should have no problems with the G4 (if i can convince my wife into getting me that for christmas)

I don't get to fly alot i sound like your dad Jeff i like to build them. Where i live I don't have much of a yard the front of the place is the main road and the hudson river and when i ever i go to the small park they have here in town there is usually people there with their kids running all over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.