Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 05:03 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

I just got back from a flight with the Gaui and the CC governor works great. I didn't hear a headspeed change from hover to full throttle. Right now the headspeed is a little slow, so I need to increase it. I think you are going to like your CC 45A ESC. I really need to get a Heli Tachometer to see what the actual headspeed is. I have a airplane one, so I could try that and see if it works.

Nick
Old 10-19-2008, 05:40 PM
evdreamer

Here was the cause of the T-Rex rebuild. The pully looks like it is one piece, so I don't know how the top part came off. Getting at the assembly wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. So hopefully I can get it flying in the next couple of days.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12980.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1055145  
Old 10-19-2008, 06:46 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

AWESOME!!!!!!

Man, I never knew a B400 had THAT MUCH POWER!!! AMAZING!!

Well, all went well, the transition was quite smooth from normal to idle up...no issues there. It is quite responsive, and honestly, easier to fly. I can't believe the rate of descent when the throttle/collective is lowered! Fortunately, I gave myself lots of room to try it the first time!

I'll tell ya, the sim helped me tremendously here....the B400 acted just like the helis on G4 and Phoenix act in idle up, so I was very prepared for what to expect.

LOL, the battery, needless to say, didn't last as long as it used to...it went into LVC at the end of a 10 minute flight, which used to have lots of time to spare...haven't put the pack on the charger yet...hope I didn't hurt it...I'll let you guys know how it fares...looks like I would be down to about 8 minute flights with the idle up on.

I only flew one pack. Had lots on my mind, as you can imagine...like how to pay the bills with no checking account...I will probably use a transfer service, or money orders...what a hassle...

It ended up adding up to $920 in fraudulent charges...but it should be easy to clear up...they are mostly to pay mobile phone bills, which I have never done with this account, so it should stick out like a sore thumb.

I gotta go do some errands, but I'll be back for some G4 later on...hope you guys can make it...

Nick, I was testing the waters....rolling the B400....simulating the start of a roll/flip. It seems as though it would be slower in real life than on the sim...I got it about 45-55 degrees or so...I'll go for it one of these days soon...lol

Thanks for the copy tip Jeff, gonna try that right now...LOL

Glenn
Old 10-19-2008, 06:48 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

GREAT TIP!!

I just tried your techique...and it works like a champ...you don't know HOW pisssed I have been when I write a whole page...and then lose it...

Gonna make it a habit...for sure!!

Glenn
Old 10-19-2008, 07:21 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear your transistion was a success.

It sounds like you are close to flipping it. I bet if you increased the swashmix it would roll a lot faster.

I was just ready to set up the servos and I noticed I don't get the correct travel, so I put the output shaft on wrong and the mechanical stops are limiting the travel. So I am in the middle of opening up the servos again. I programmed the ESC, but don't know how to mount it yet since the zip ties are touching the motor. I bumped up the governor headspeed on the Gaui to 4000RPM's and seems to do good. I don't think my Airplane Tach works too good with the helicopters. So sometime maybe my next order I am going to get a helicopter Tach. I would like to know my exact RPM.

Nick
Old 10-19-2008, 07:39 PM
J-MICHAEL

Cool guys.... Glenn, that's great to hear about your idle-up experience.... It makes no sense it seems on it making it easier to fly, but it does for me to... You'll see a big improvement with flying ! It will help keep things like your headspeed more consistent also in turns and decents and sudden-stops etc. etc. The tail also... As it is now moving faster to, so you should be getting a more consistent flow with a faster response on the tail.... Needed in the learning curve for me at least...LOL..

I'am gonna hike up top to the property... I think the wind may not be so bad... I may have to put it in idle 5....LMAO... Yeah right... Like the Jazz even cares about idle up... LOL... The governor does do good in that aspect however... No headspeed changes from wind gusts or sudden decents or stops... Like Nick stated with his. So it does have its bonuses also... But I'am still going with Castle for my ESC's though... The Jazz will be perfect for its other applications it offers like for your plane/car/boat or whatever...

Gotta go fly before it gets dark here in the next hour ! (hopefully) Its only 5:39 P.M. here Pacific time...

I'll see ya all later on....

~ Jeff
Old 10-19-2008, 07:53 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Good idea on the swash mix, didn't even think about that...hmmm!

I will be feeling it out some the next few flights...I wonder how high I should be if I was ready to try to flip it...I guess the higher, the better...how high were you when you did your first one, and how did it turn out?

Jeff, good luck on the mountain top...and the wind...

Yeah, before, when the wind would push the heli down, it was hard to recover, now, just a little increase on the throttle/collective, and it's good to go...and, also the tail is more consistent, especially on a hard throttle punch up...

Very strange...I just missed a call from Amazon.com...I have not ordered anything from them in quite some time...but they are one of the fraudulent charges on my account..but only for $1...it looked like that was the first charge, so maybe the crook was testing the card with that first...
Amazon didn't leave a message....and no one answered when I called back...

I'll just wait until the morning, and call the bank...about all I can do at this point.

Nick, sounds cool on the Gaui and the ESC...WOW...4,000 !! That is up there! It probably sounds like Nick Maxwell's did on the garage video, he had that thing crankin' !!

If you all see me doing alot of flip practice on G4 later....you'll know why...LOL

Glenn
Old 10-19-2008, 08:00 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I had mine at 60% with my first flip and it was slow, so I had to do it up high. Now I have it at 90% and it wants to flip fast, but I haven't done a flip yet at that setting.

I was trying to have the same headspeed that I did without the governor and that sounded the best. It is working good right now so I will leave it that way. I bet Nick Maxwell probably has his headspeed higher.

Now all of a sudden my servo is working fine without me doing anything. So now I am back to the T-Rex. Just tell me when you guys are going to start a session on G4, so I know when to join.

I am starting to wish I got the MG version of the JR's, so I wouldn't have to replace the gears.

Nick
Old 10-19-2008, 08:30 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the info on the flip...I'll have to do mine up high too, I figure if it's going to crash inverted, it won't make much difference from how high up it happens...lol

Cool on the governor...but you lost me on that? I thought governors were mostly for nitro helis?

Sorry you are having so much servo trouble. I really like the JR metal gear servos that I put in the B400...they are pretty heavy duty.

Sure enough, Amazon.com notified me via email, that someone tried to open an account using my debit card...and they thankfully canceled the order an closed my account. So, that proves that someone has my card number and is trying to use it as much as they can.

I have a few loose ends, but I'll be on later for some G4...I usually stay up for a while on Sundays, but I also want to watch a bit of TV...the thing hasn't even been on all weekend, except to watch an F1 race earlier today.

Glenn
Old 10-19-2008, 08:54 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Nope electric helicopters use governors too, but most people choose not to use them. I don't think the E-Flite ESC's have them, but the Gaui, Align, CC, Kontronik, Scorpion ESC's do. There are probably others, but those are the ones I know of. I really like the CC governor because I don't have to worry about throttle curves. I just program the headspeed I want and the ESC takes care of the rest to keep it at that headspeed. I heard some people were having problems with the CC governor, but mine was easy to setup and works great.

My servos are all setup now. I just need to put the jesus bolt in and the head assembly is all done. I also learned some tricks on how to work on the servos without taking the frame apart. I probably will save the belt drive for tomorrow since I got a lot done and I am kind of burned out working on the Helis. I was thinking if I had the MG I wouldn't have to worry about replacing gears after a crash, but I didn't think about that at the time I got them.

Try to enjoy the rest of the night.

Nick

Old 10-19-2008, 09:30 PM
evdreamer

I just fired up the T-Rex and this Scorpion motor sounds awsome. I can't wait to fly it.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:13 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the Scorpion motor, I'll bet it does sound awesome!

I'm gonna open a session for about an hour on G4 if you guys want to join, com'on over...then I'm gonna watch Jack Bauer save the world on my Netflix rental DVD of the show "24"...LOL!!

Gotta do something to take my mind off of the bank thing...

See you guys when/if you are on my session...

Glenn
Old 10-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Evan T.

hey guys i went to both of my lhs's and i flew the mcx at one and man that thing is fun im going to get one of those and a blade 400 for my b-day lol and some extra batteries and such oh and i also got a common sense battery for my cx2 and man it has more power than the stock one man i cant wait till my b-day this is gonna be awesome
Old 10-19-2008, 10:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Where is your session at? I don't see it.

Evan,

Cool to hear your Commen Sense battery is better.

Nick
Old 10-20-2008, 12:44 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

Yeah, the MCX is alot of fun...and it's easier to fly even than the CX2...

You will have a great time with both.

Glad you are back into helis again, hope you stick around and let us know how the new helis are when you get them...

Glenn
Old 10-20-2008, 06:18 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just went inverted with the Gaui. My first attempt ended in a crash, but I just bent a spindle screw and was up in a matter of a few minutes. Then my second attemt was a success. The tail is drifting again, so either my tail rotor speed isn't fast enough or it is sticking again. The Gaui is more stable than the CPP inverted and very close to how the T-Rex hovers inverted. And I did this with 75% swashmix on the aileron and elevator. I lowered it from 90% since it was a little sensitive while inverted for me.

Nick
Old 10-20-2008, 06:22 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

GOOD ON YOU for the inverted Gaui.

JPee
Old 10-20-2008, 06:30 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is AWESOME!! I knew you would do one before long...sorry to hear about the crash on the first attempt..but at least it wasn't catastrophic. How high up were you when you made your second attempt? Was there a large loss of altitude, or was it a pretty smooth transition?

(I'm trying to get as much info before I attempt mine..LOL)

I can imagine the Gaui would be more controllable than the CPP when inverted...and more like the T-Rex.

Congratulations!! You deserve it!

You'll have to get that on video once you become a bit more confident with it...we would love to see it!

I'm thinking I should video my first attempt...that way, if it's a sucess, it will be cool...or if it's a catastrophe, it will be cool too...LOL! But, seriously, if I didn't make it, it would be good to study what went wrong...

I'm gonna go run some errands (pay some bills at the store), but I'll be back in a bit...

Talk to ya....great flying!

Glenn
Old 10-20-2008, 06:48 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Thanks.

Glenn,

I was up about two stories. To tell you the truth I don't know how much altitude I lost. I was more concentrated on not crashing unlike G4 I could care less and get more detail on the flip. Then I also had to worry about the tail since it was drifting to the left, so I had to give constant rudder inputs just to keep the tail still. The tail slider was sticking, but I still think the tail rotors aren't spinning fast enough or too fast. I still don't know which one it is because my gain is at 70% without wagging. I am almost thinking it is too fast.

I was thinking about getting a video of it, but the weather was perfect and it was starting to get dark. I also got one more inverted session in again. But I think it is too dark to tell the orientations now to do another one. I started to do a little forward flight in front of me and from side to side.

Yeah you should really video tape when you go inverted. You will probably be like me and not even remember the flip and just the hover.

Nick
Old 10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is interesting...I figure that's about how high I should be with the B400...so as to have some room if something goes wrong. I don't feel comfortable yet much higher than that anyways. And, I'll keep it a good distance away too...lol.

I'm not in any hurry, I still need to get more comfortable with it in idle up first...but I'm GOING to try it...sometime before too long. We'll see how it goes this weekend. The worst that could happen is a bad crash..and I have another B400 anyways, that's just a piece of furniture lately...LOL!

I would brush up on the sim first, of course. If I do it like I think I will, tail in, with a roll to the right to get it to flip, I will be practicing that the most. That way, the aileron inputs are the easiest, and I would only be concentrating on the elevator, which will be backwards...right? I'll have to see on the sim...I can't remember exactly...that's why I need to sim it more...and memorize it, so I don't freak out when it's inverted!!

I will probably tape it yeah, why not? Like I said, it will be cool no matter how it turns out!

I will also need to play with the swash mixing, as you brought up too.

I paid my cable bill at the store...so I don't get cut off from RCU...LOL!!

I also got more of the super cheap AA alkaline batteries...I have enough AA's now to last me until they expire...in 2010...LOL!

I got booted off of G4 last night, after you left. I was done anyways. Sure are alot of good pilots on there, aren't there? I need to watch the stick movements on someone like Brandon3D last night, to get an idea of how they do some of that stuff! I thought it was pretty funny when he made his heli HUGE...LOL

I may sim for a short while tonight, so let me know if you want me to open a session....have you done any more towards resolving the hosting issue?

Glenn
Old 10-20-2008, 08:06 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The rudder is also backwards while inverted. You will be flying the tail while inverted because a left rudder input makes the tail go left and the nose go right and the reverse for right rudder.

Good to hear you paid the cable bill to stay online.

Yeah there are a lot of good pilots on G4. Yeah I wonder how he made it so big. I think G4 has really helped me getting into forward inverted flight. I still can't do the backwards inverted flight very good, but I am getting there.

Feel free to open a session anytime. If I am on RCU I will join your guys sessions if you open them. No I haven't been working on the hosting thing yet. I have been busy with the helis. I just finished up the T-Rex a little while ago. I just need to mount the ESC and do a final pre-flight check. I put a lot of green loctite on top of the belt drive, so I don't have a repeat of what happened. I also turned down the RPM's on the Gaui, because I don't think it can get up to 4000RPM's with the Scorpion motor and 15T pinion according to ReadyHeli's headspeed calculator.

Nick
Old 10-20-2008, 08:25 PM
evdreamer

Here are some pics for fun.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55452.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1055915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52082.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1055916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70932.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1055917  
Old 10-20-2008, 08:41 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool pics...they both are looking sweet!

Good point on the rudder too, I noticed that...not too sure how LONG I will STAY inverted once I do it...probably freak out and put it back upright again shortly thereafter...lol

I forgot to ask Brandon how he got the heli so big...

Glad you got both of the helis all repaired and ready for flight...I know it was bugging you that the T-Rex was down...

Pretty soon, I won't be able to get any flying in after work on weeknights...will be time for the Quark. I got it out last Friday and took it to work to show to my buddy on his last day there, and it was fun to fly it around the shop. I've gotten better with it since last time I flew it in the shop for sure. It's still kinda scary though, lots of stuff to hit, like lifts and stuff.

I'll start a session on G4...and I will probaby only fly for a half hour or so...got some TV I want to watch tonight...my favorite show, "Prison Break" is recording on the DVR now...

Glenn
Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I don't see the session.

Glenn,

Good to hear you got the Quark out again. Enjoy Prison Break.

Nick
Old 10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Evan T.

hey guys 25 more days until i get my b400 and maybe a mcx if i have enough money i want it but i will probably need that money for b400 parts and stuff so idk but i got a little flying in today but then i had to do my homework and just finished so i dunno if im gonna fly anymore tonite but nice job on the inverted nick its good to here your getting better well i did some figure 8s with the cx2 today but for some reason it doesnt like clockwise circles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.