Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Evan,

I test hovered my T-Rex for the first time after my crash today. I also test flew my Gaui a couple of times with a little crash afterwards because of some stupid things I did to the gyro.

Nick
Old 10-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Evan T.

well good to hear you got the trex up and running again and sry about the crash with the gaui hopefully its not to bad
Old 10-22-2008, 12:01 AM
evdreamer

I just have to replace to screws that are commonly bent in a crash. It takes about five minutes to fix. Very easy.

Nick
Old 10-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Evan T.

well that's good what about blades are they cf
Old 10-22-2008, 12:41 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

They are plastic, so they never break.

Nick
Old 10-22-2008, 04:21 PM
evdreamer

It seems the cause of my drifting was from the 3154 servo. I put a S60 on the tail and there is barely any drifting and I didn't even set it up correctly. I also took the T-Rex outside and it needs a larger pinion. Right now I am using a 10T. It is very loud compared to my Align motor, but it sounds amazing.

Nick
Old 10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Nick,

That is interesting on the servo issue, does the S60 have more torque than the 3154? The 3154 is a very small servo, so maybe it just doesn't have enough torque to hold the tail well?

Sounds cool on the new motor for the T-Rex. Do you have a larger pinion to put on it?

I didn't get a chance to fly today, it is still quite windy outside. Maybe after work tomorrow will be better.

I'll be online and G4 a bit later, hope I see you then...

Glenn
Old 10-22-2008, 06:43 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

well I just got a second job today, I got a job at the local hobby store, actually im running his online store.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:53 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Actually the 3154 has 3oz of torque more. I just got done setting up the tail servo better and the tail is holding a lot better I just need a little bit of rudder nothing like it was before when I needed a lot of rudder. But the 3154 was very hard for me to rotate by hand and the S60 is super easy.

Yeah I have four different pinion sizes for the T-Rex. I put the 11T and set the governor to 2800RPM's and it works great for me. The governor works just as good as the CC 25A one on the Gaui. The T-Rex just seems so big in the backyard after flying the Gaui for awhile.

Too bad you couldn't fly today. It was supposed to rain today, but it only rained in the morning, so I got to fly this afternoon and evening.

Yeah I don't have to work tonight, so I will be on G4 once you guys start a session.

Helistyle,

Cool to hear about the job. I am still thinking about applying to my LHS for a weekend job.

Nick
Old 10-22-2008, 07:51 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

That sounds pretty cool...hopefully you will be able to learn alot and maybe you can get a discount on parts too!

So the store runs an online store as well as the main hobby shop?

Sounds like a fun job...you still at Home Depot as well?

I forgot to ask, is the Civic running well these days? (lol, maybe I shouldn't ask..)

Good luck with the new job!

Glenn
Old 10-22-2008, 07:56 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is strange on the servos, but at least you tracked it down and got it working better. I don't know why the 3154 would be harder to turn? Maybe the gearing is different, with less reduction from the output shaft to the servo motor.

Well, I went up to my closing-down hobby shop to see if I could find any bargains...and my closing down hobby shop is now a closed down hobby shop....pretty sad, really. All the shelves are empty, lights are out, and the sign in the window says "Gone"...

Oh well, I knew it was coming. I guess that's all the more reason to plan a trip to Hobby Hanger sometime soon.

Yeah, I'll start a session in a few...probably about 9:30 EST...hope to see ya there...

Glenn
Old 10-22-2008, 09:33 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I keep getting that stupid error message from knife edge and getting kicked off. Sorry I couldn't stay on.

Nick
Old 10-22-2008, 09:42 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear that...maybe I'll start a new session to see if it's better....looks like JPEE got booted too....

Glenn
Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

That Castle-Link is cool to program your settings with the computer. I almost had to come here and talk with the master (you) as I was having a hek of a time getting power (throttle) to the motor ! Geez.... I tried swapping the motor wires massive different times, switching my throttle channel from reverse to normal many times, making sure I wasn't in any idle up modes, making sure I wasn't in throttle-hold, making sure I had the connection secure and also proper in the AR6100 RX, making sure my throttle was all the way down in the off position, tried different batts... I even disconnected my Common-sense motor that is installed in the Trex, and connected my stock Align motor instead as it dangled off the side of the heli for some more testing... Still nothing... Went back to the program, made sure I had the newest update, even went back an older update, and still nothing.... CRAP !... Went back, put the newest update back on and again as usual, nothing......!!! I was really thinking this Castle Creations 45 amp esc had somehow gone **** up on me... But it worked good in my Typhoon plane though ? What the hek.... I've had my fair share of problems with these dang esc's it seems lately ! I'am starting to get really frustrated now ! I've got to be missing something... I don't sit and lurk on RCU everyday for hours for the last year for nothing... I should know what's wrong... Maybe I'am not thinking clearly, as I've been tired from working a busy week so far or something ? So, since it was safe from a hard spool-up, as I had the Align motor hooked up off to the side of the heli, I decided to put all settings for the esc to default.... So now its in airplane mode, and will start up violently... I power everything up, hold on to the motor so the torque doesn't spin the motor all over the place on the bench, and after applying throttle, guess what ? The frickin' thing worked !

Now what the hek I'am thinking.... Its got to be in my settings on the TX for sure I'am thinking now...... But I've gone over everything already a hundred times it seems... But I'am overlooking something... I can figure this out, I know this stuff... At least I thought ! Something tells me, that the esc is not seeing 'off throttle', even though my trims and throttle stick are all in there down positions....

So guess what I did to make the heli-mode work ? My setting on the DX-7 for my 'Travel Adjust' was set at 100% high and 100% for the low.... It's always been like that for a year... My Align esc and Jazz worked fine with them set like this... I set it to then 150% high and 150% for low... Fired up everything again in heli-mode and everything worked.... It 'sees' the throttle as low stick now and works fine ! Geezus H batman ! What a waste of about 2 hours !.....LMAO...

Now I'am wondering if maybe when I had the Jazz hooked up, if it was even operating correctly with the travel adjust set in the 100% modes ? I'am thinking maybe not... But weird how the CC esc had to have the settings this way... I'am also thinking I may not have to have it so high to 150%, but gradually reducing the adjust until it does still 'see' low stick...

What's you travel adjust set at on the V2 ?

Anyway.... Hopefully then tommorow I can do a test hover... I had it already right before dark with the helmet cam on and everything waiting to burn a batt or two, until I had no motor power ! I'll be ready tommorow... Hopefully it will be cooler outside... It was 93 degrees today...

Whew.... Now I gotta go make some dinner... What a crazy adventure... Darn things are always testing us it seems.. Kinda like your tail issue...LOL..

Take care partner,

~ Jeff
Old 10-22-2008, 10:09 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Good to hear you figured it out. I have a 100 and a 100 on the Gaui and T-Rex. If I remember right the CC 25A ESC sees zero throttle a little higher than bottom stick for me, so I had no problem. Finless did a nice vid on the CC85HV ESC with the Castle Link. If you want me to give you the link I can.

I am getting the shorter flight times with the new motor, but it works great. It was in the low 50's here. I almost needed my winter coat and gloves to fly today. Can't wait for winter. I will be able to fly back to back without having to wait for the components to cool off. But with the Scopion motor I don't have to worry about the temps since the max is around 300 degrees F.

I think sometime around Friday or Saturday I could be getting some snow.

Nick
Old 10-22-2008, 10:30 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah I'am glad it worked finally.... Snow...?! Crazy... There's no sign of even rain here in central Cali even for a bit yet... There winters are mild here, compared to Washington State... Man this week is crazy for me... Massive hours for the week, and even have to work Saturday... But I'am glad, because I really need the rest of the components for the 500... The only thing left is a power supply for my Thunder-Power 1010c charger so I can charge the bigger lipo's, as my Accu-Cycle doesn't go up that far, and the TP 1010c goes up to a 10-cell lipo with a 10 amp charge... I saw a nice power supply at my LHS for $80.00 that I think I'am gonna get... My dad has the same one that he uses to power his Bantam BC-8 charger...

Then I still need to get a AR6200 or AR7000 for my RX for it... I'll probably just get the 7000 it so seems... And then the lipo is the only thing left... I still can't decide on whether to go a 5-cell lipo like Jason Krause likes to use, or the 6-cell like Curtis Youngblood prefers... A couple of the guys at the LHS that own and fly the 500 3-D say they like the 5-cell... So crap, I don't know.... There not that bad in price, anywhere from $115-$140 but I think I may just go the 6-cell route perhaps... And only the Thunder Power Extreme V2 series... probably in the 2,200 mah range it seems to be a popular one. My servos I ordered should be here by Friday, so that's good... And then I need to browse for some other upgrades like the CNC tail, and a different canopy, as there are nicer canopies that are out there for the 500 and cheap ! The stock ones are o.k., but everyone has them... And I never did like how the 500's and 700's lines were cut for the windshield (and the Rex 250)... I like our 450's and the 600 E, and the Nitro Pro 600's sleek windshield canopy designs much better... The 1 little thing in why I like the Guai better than the REX 250, is the canopy looks sleeker and nice...LMAO...

Well my times on here will be more limited than usual, until at least Sunday or so.... Been busy as Glenn just went through just a bit ago...

Hope everyone is doing good as it seems...

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 10-22-2008, 10:50 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That has got to be hard and not building the 500 when you pretty much have everything needed for it. Hope you don't get too worn out from working so much. Hopefully next week you will have more time for helis.

I kind of wish I got a charger that could support a higher voltage than 3 cells, so if I ever went bigger I wouldn't have to buy another charger. That is what the latest RCHeli recommended. I wish I had that issue when I first started, so I would have spent my money more wisely on Heli stuff.

Nick
Old 10-23-2008, 12:24 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I thought this was a cool link showing the upgrades to the V2 Gaui 200. http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/a...rticles_id=113

Nick
Old 10-23-2008, 08:36 AM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

I didn't get booted? I said good by and signed off last night Wednesday. What did have trouble with was getting on as you had the max fliers when I did tried to log on. What I did is just kept refresing the Join window and when a guy dropped off I jumped on it and grabbed his place. The only trouble I had was every time a newbe joined, the window freezes for up to 1.5 seconds. Now I don't know if its your computer or mine or if that happens to all of us? ( I doubt your super computer is effected )

I finally got a LARGE heli I can see on my lap top now LMAO

JPee
6:32 AM. PST
Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Evan T.

so wat have you guys been up to recently i did the flybar mod on my cx2 and i can see the difference in it already with just a hover i wanted to do a test flight outsid but my aluminum lower head keeps doing some wierd thing were i cant turn or anything so i need to go to the lhs and get it replaced
Old 10-23-2008, 10:19 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

Not too much new here, Nick, JPee, and myself spent some time on G4 flying together last night...but I don't know if they are online tonight or not. I was just checking out the link that Nick posted on the new Gaui 200 V2...they made alot of improvements to it.

Glad to hear that the flybar mod is working well...but sorry to hear that you are having issues with the aluminum head.

How many days left until your birthday...LOL?

Mine is also in November, the 27th...and this year it falls on Thanksgiving...it does that about every 7 years or so...

Hope you get a nice new B400 for your birthday. It would be cool if you could also get G4...and fly with us...but it sounds like your computer might need some upgrading to run G4 well.

I am going to try to fly this weekend some, if it's nice on Sunday, it's supposed to rain on Saturday.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Glenn
Old 10-23-2008, 10:25 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the link...wow, they are really doing some nice upgrades for the V2...kinda cool, and kinda makes me mad...LOL

It doesn't look like too many of the upgrades are bolt on stuff....I think the frames are different?

I guess we'll see how it all works out. Mine flies well enough for me...I doubt I would notice the bigger, more powerful servos at my level of flying, but you might.

It looks like they are mostly showing the belt version on those pics...wonder if the shaft tail got a similar upgrade?

I like how you can mount the motor fore or aft...for weight distribution...and I like the tailboom mount too.

The tailbox looks like a big improvement too. Lot's of good ideas and improvments for sure.

Did you get to fly any today? I didn't , had to work late, no time...and rain this Saturday, so maybe Sunday for me...

Glenn
Old 10-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Evan T.

i think like 22 days lol thats a long time when your waiting for something you want pretty bad lol
Old 10-23-2008, 11:05 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

LOL, yeah, I know...

But it will be well worth the wait.

At least you don't have to worry about too much bad weather in Texas over the winter? Do you all ever even get snow?

It's not bad at all here yet, but in January and February, it will be hard to fly outside...just too cold most days.

Hope you enjoy the CX2 in the meantime, and remember to practice hovering at all angles for a while when you fly it, to help with the B400 when you get it.

Take care,

Glenn
Old 10-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Evan T.

no we dont get snow here but we did a couple years ago but it was like only 2 or 3 inches then it melted lol we have a warm ground down here spring is in north houston so dallas might get some snow and amarillo and places up north near there. well its kind of good that i have some more time to practice on the cx2 before the b400

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.