Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:22 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

I just got back from work.

Your birthday is coming up soon. Mine is in 3 months.

I wasn't even looking for the Gaui 200 V2 I was trying to find a homepage of a helicopter company and it got my attention when I saw a picture of the V2. Yeah I like all the upgrades on it. It would probably cost a lot to convert ours over to the V2, so I will keep mine the same. I might see if I can put the new tail section on. One of the main people at Gaui snoops on Helifreak and he was listening to all the suggestions.

No I didn't get to fly. I should have flown right when I woke up since it was perfect. Then when I was ready it was raining and there was no wind. Hope you can fly soon. It has got to be hard on Jeff not being able to fly for awhile.

I am sure not looking forward to driving in the snow again. I bet the Forester will have no problems getting around in the snow with 4WD. I got my gloves and hat out today when I wanted to fly since it is cold enough.

Nick
Old 10-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Evan T.

hey what do you think i should get in terms of spare parts when i pick up the blade 400 what did you break the most when you were first figuring it out or did you
Old 10-23-2008, 11:56 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

The common crash parts are:
Main blades
Spindles
Servo gears
Main gear
Main shaft
Then sometimes there will be other things, but those almost always go in a crash.

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
evdreamer

It looks like it is going to be a G4 night again since it is raining again. Hope everyone has good weather to fly.

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 02:38 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got me flipping into and inverted hover on video with the Gaui. I am in the middle of uploading it, so when it is done I will post the link.

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 04:03 PM
evdreamer

Here is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC6zw7_4GqU

I am so excited now. I can fly inverted circuits. Once I realized I could do it, it was just like the simulator. I still have a long ways to go to do the same stuff I can on the sim, but I reached my goal of flying inverted before winter. I kind of can do a right side in inverted hover. The gyro also seemed to be working better the longer it was outside since there is a 20-30 degree difference between outside and inside. I also needed my winter coat, hat, and gloves to fly, but it was worth it. I love that the Gaui batteries are dirt cheap, so I can fly back to back for awhile.

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 04:59 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

Congradulations, you did it with the Gaui! Great flying and a job well done.

GUYS: Well you today I took out my 400 #1 which I had just rebuilt from a crash and back to stock settings and curves. It was not more than I expected but more than what I have been used after bring down the head speed some time ago. I want to try Stunt and with elevation I flipped the switch and saw the tail barely twitch to let me know it had kicked in. However, I herd no RMP jump at all. As you will see at the end of the video as I spiked it and she jumped upward but after flying on the G4 I thought it would COME ALIVE and it did not. So my goal today was to to my try my backwards/front/ tumbles and side rolls or flips and I hestated for the stated reasons. I stopped by the LHA and asked why I didn't hear higher RPMS and feel it come alive. Short story; he said my settings in normal which at mid stick is about 0-25-50-75-100 and in stunt the mid range is 82 there is not going to be a big jump especially. he said even factory settings are soft for the beginers. He went on to say, if I am at near the top in normal like 75 , 82 won't be felt when I flip to stunt. He advised me to up my stunt settings at mid rand to like 87 and start from there.
Anyones suggestions are welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prKng3jo1-I

The begining is fair, skip the middle and catch the last 25% otherwise the heli is so far out you cannot see anyting but a tiny dot.

JPee
Old 10-24-2008, 05:22 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Thanks for the comments on Youtube.

And good to hear you are flying in stunt mode and good flying. I used to fly with a 100 50 100 throttle curve in idle up for a very long time and I didn't find it any more intimidating than normal mode. I also semi learned how to do loops, funnels, and backwards flight with it. On the videos were you hear people go into idle up or on G4 they are probably using close to a 100% flatline throttle curve or a larger pinion. Right now I am using a 80% flat line curve on the Gaui and it does just fine. I really should use a V curve or the governor for the high positive and negative pitch to keep the headspeed the same, but it works for me so I am leaving it alone for awhile until I need more power. It also helps to keep the flight times longer.

I say just stay with the stock settings until you need more power. It will make you a better pilot by learning collective management skills and you will have longer flight times. I am learning collective management skills on one of the helicopters on G4 because I can hear the headspeed start to drop when I go full positive or negative pitch. I just can't remember what helicopter it was.

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 05:37 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

nice flying jpee

I just started my rebulid on the cp pro after my last crash, tail boom is toast, skids, spindle, and main frame, only reason the main frame is because I used ca to glue the tail boom into the main frame, and there is no way that is coming out. But all else is going good everything is apart just need to pick up a main frame at the shop tommorrw and ill be set.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:25 PM
evdreamer

Good to hear you are fixing the CPP.

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 07:30 PM
JPEE

Nick and Heli,

Thanks for the kind words both of you.

Nick, are you saying the Gaui is at a static 80% in stunt? Kinda like a flat line of 80%?

Heli, My other 400 #2 only fell about 25 feet and I lost the main frame, blades, F shaft, main shaft, one blade grip link, main shaft, flybar, flybar seesaw, servo horn, canopy. YIKES! They love me at the LHS.
Heli, Good luck on your overhaul too.

Glenn, I was flying the SRB in the house today and the tail rotor tipped the carpet and broke off. I got my foamie ca glue and catalist and glued it on. In 5 minutes I was flying again! That glue made for styrofoam (my airplane) it really something!

JPee
Old 10-24-2008, 08:18 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I must have changed my throttle curve without remembering. Here are some pics of Idle up 1 and 2.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62309.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1058254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73068.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1058255  
Old 10-24-2008, 09:17 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Great flying with the Gaui...! That thing is incredible along with the pilot. My CC esc is working great in the Trex... I can't tell much of a improvement over performance from the Jazz, and both seem equal, but the Jazz does have the better slow-start by far however along with the Jazz doesn't even get warm, but the CC does very well also though and it only gets warm which is typical and better than hot with the stock Align esc...

JPEE ~

Excellent flying also ! I need to work on taking mine up higher, as I see you do a good job with distances on your flying... I seem to maybe lose orientation when it gets to far away. My last video that you guys saw, I did take it out a little farther than I normally would so its coming together somewhat... I need to get back on G4 ! I need to stick with the flying on the sim to keep getting more stick time in as I did see a diff when I was on the sim for awhile, and then going and actually flying my heli...

ALSO....... NICK.......QUESTION........ As you can't 'slip one' by me my friend.... BUT.... You want to know something coincedental ?! Last night I was checking out the TREX 600 ESP's.... VERY SWEET....! AND.... What's this under your description you have for the heli's you have there...?!!...[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D] Do I see a TREX 600 ESP listed there ?!... YOU DOGG...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... LMAO.... That is to cooooooool....! Did you just get the kit, and then gradually acquire the components like I'am doing with my Trex 500...? Because that is a good way to go, and more affordable that way, at least for me... I did just pick up my servos from the LHS today for the 500... There the HS-5245 MG's... There a digital Mini servo that is also programable... There pretty cool... I had to go with the metal gears, as I'am still learning and don't care to be fixing servo gears all the time... Kinda why I also like the HS-65 MG's in my Trex 450, and also when I had the JR DS285 MG's for it...

Congrats !

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-24-2008, 09:36 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Thanks. Good to hear your CC ESC is working good for you. Yeah mine is in the 80-90 degree range after a flight and the Align one was in the 100+ range. I just figured out how much mAh I am using per flight with the new setup. I used to have in the range of 240-260 with the stock setup and now I get 321mAh/minute. Short flight times for sure.

Yeah I ordered the 600ESP last night along with the supplies to make a 10S A123 battery. It was the last one from GrandRC. I think I am ready for a bigger helicopter and I mainly want to fly at my local flying field. Then I can charge the batteries quick there because of the charge times of the A123's and they are going to be $177 for a 10S which is a lot cheaper than a 6S 5000mAh LiPo. I was thinking about a Nitro, but I was hearing a lot of failures that could happen with it and I didn't like the smoke and constantly adjusting the mixture. I am not in a hurry to get it flight ready since it is getting colder and I don't want to stray too far from home in the cold. I still need a new charger, battery, and servos. I will probably get those in the next week or two. I am also going to go with a MG servo since I don't want to replace the gears and set up the head again if I ever crash that helicopter. I am planning on this being my last helicopter, so hopefully it cures my addiction. It has always been in the back of my head on how one of these fly and I am sure no one at the field wants me to fly their Raptor's.

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 09:59 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Thanks for the comments on the Gaui video. Yeah the Gaui flies great inverted. It is kind of between the T-Rex 450 and the Dominion on G4. I was really tempted to do a tic toc at one point. And I felt comfortable enough to hover it an inch off the ground and close by me. When my Dad came home he thought I was cutting the grass. LOL

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 10:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Geez..... RCU is slower than a snail again I see for me.... The weekends it always has the most issues it seems... Yeah the TREX 600 ESP is basically the TREX 600 SE V2...! [8D] I didn't even knew they existed until last night...LMAO... I'am like hmmmmm...LOL... I have to finish other projects before I even go there... But mark my word... In time, that will be one of my heli's... I can't say the next one, as I'am still eyeing the Beam E-4 a lot lately...

That ESP is just the best of the best in my mind... It would be the only one of the Trex 600 E's I would get... My dads never impressed me to much other than the size. I was waiting for them to pump it up a little bit, and now I see they did... And not to awfully bad of a price either... Yeah, I now absolutely nothing about the A123 batts other than I hear the name being brought up here and there... I'll learn about them through you in time with your experiences with them, or builds of them.. Builds...? You must have to assemble them to a 10s I'am guessing...

Yeah my Trex 450 with that Jazz 40 amp esc in governor mode or the Castle 45 amp esc in fixed throttle mode along with the 15 tooth pinion on that 3500 KV Common-Sense motor I'll burn 1800 Mah in about 4 min 40 seconds, as that is what my DX-7 alert timer is set for...

If I can muster some energy, I will put on the 13t pinion for a comparison, and should gain a tad hopefully... Hopefully tonight I can do that... I don't have to work tommorow as I thought earlier in the week, so I'am gonna be up late.... Between my Trex 450 and cleaning up some wires from the CC install, and putting on the 13t pinion, along with a new little heli I got at the LHS today, Its gonna be a full night... Right now I'am tinkering with the new craft, and starting my usual tweaking...LMAO...

Anyway, I'am so glad you got that 600.... I definately can't wait to see a video... I sure want one ! But I want everything....LOL... A no win situation....

Take care Nick...

~ Jeff
Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

I must have changed my throttle curve without remembering. Here are some pics of Idle up 1 and 2.

Nick
Nick, I am not "real sure" of what I am seeing. It looks like in Normal you are at 70 something to 80% Then on Idle up 2 it looks like 100 90 100. I have tried look at the pics while writing this but the damned RCU is frozen.
And most of all THANKS for taking and posting the pics.

JPee
Old 10-24-2008, 10:44 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Wow, I have alot of catching up to do! I had to work late tonight, so I'm dragging along here..finally got to check the forum and see what's new!

Nick, GREAT JOB on the inverted hovering, you do make it look so easy! I was watching closely how you got it to flip, looks like you gave it a pretty good "boost" before the actual flip...interesting. That was what my buddy Mark was telling me to do when we were flying on G4 when he was here as well.

WOW, another new heli on the way!! You sure don't mess around when you go bigger, do ya? LOL That should be one awesome heli...or should I say "investment"..LOL. From what I saw of the T-Rex 600's at my field visits, it should be an awesome heli for you to take to the field. It can be pretty wild, like when Rob was flying it, or it can be gentle as a lamb, like when the old timer was cruising the field...I am sure you will love it!

LOL on dad's thinking you were cutting grass!

Jeff....so what is this new "little heli"????? What did you get NOW??? LOL!!!

JPEE, glad to hear that the foam glue worked on the SRB blades...never heard of such a thing...lol...but then I don't do planes, either!!

Let me post, if you guys are having trouble with RCU...be back in a few..

Glenn
Old 10-24-2008, 11:00 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I have been following the ESP for awhile know on Helifreak and seeing what everyone thought about it. And they did a comparison in price with the other 600E's and it was like a $100+ cheaper to get the ESP than to upgrade the others. And considering my past with helis I knew I would upgrade it to the max, so I might as well go to the best right away and save some money.

Yeah I have also been researching about A123's for awhile too. They are Li-Ion instead of Polymer, so the voltage is a little less than a LiPo. They are in metal cases so they are pretty much crash proof. They are also a little heavier than a LiPo also. I remember Glenn talking about one of the people at his flying field ruined a 300 some dollar battery and I couldn't afford to do that. They won't puff either and knowing my past history I would probably end up doing that to a LiPo of that size. You can also charge them in 15 minutes! So I won't need more than one or two batteries to fly all day. Yeah you have to build them because they come in individual cells so you have to put them together to make a battery. There is one company that will make them for you in what ever cell count, shape, balance lead, and main lead that you want, but I prefer to make my own. I am going to make two 5S1P batteries and wire them in series, since the charge I want will only go up to 6 cells. Oh you also need a charger that can support them.

Like Glenn said what heli did you get. Don't leave us in the dark. Have fun tinkering.

Yeah I will get a video of me hovering the 600 in the backyard, but since there is no room to do anything else that will be all I get.

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE, nice flying I finally got to see it....for me RCU is running fine, it's You Tube that's dragging...I had a hard time watching yours and Nicks vids...kept reloading and pausing during the playback.

Glad to hear you are doing well with the idle up/stunt settings too...

LOL, with all this talk of BIG helis, it makes me want to just go to Hobby Hanger tomorrow with some cash...but I'm not ready yet...however, I do like Jeff and Nick's idea on buying the stuff a little at a time, it doesn't seem so bad that way. I still remember hitting the confirm order button for the Gaui...and draining about $550 from my account!! The big helis don't seem too bad, until it's time to buy the electronics, and batteries!

Besides, I've still got about $700 in limbo...the bank has straightened out the SMALL fraudulent isssues, but not the big ones yet...

No flying here tomorrow, maybe Sunday though...

Nick, yeah, the Forester will do very well in the snow...when I ordered my parts from the Subaru specialist guy with his own Subaru repair shop, he kept telling me how awesome it will be in the snow...can't wait to check it out! We rarely get much snow, but once in a while we get a big "Nor Easter" which can bring a pretty good snowfall.

How cold is it there that you need gloves and a hat? It's been like middle to lower 50's during the day here...but not that cold yet.

Glenn
Old 10-24-2008, 11:16 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Nick, I am not "real sure" of what I am seeing. It looks like in Normal you are at 70 something to 80% Then on Idle up 2 it looks like 100 90 100. I have tried look at the pics while writing this but the damned RCU is frozen.
And most of all THANKS for taking and posting the pics.

JPee
JPEE,

I put the pointer at the middle mark, so that is where the 75 and 80% come in. Glenn informed me that the DX6i only has one Idle up, so mine is a little different with two. So I didn't show my normal throttle curve, but it is 0, 50, 100 just like on my T-Rex. I just changed my Idle up 1 to 100, 75, 100 because I didn't realize I left the ends below a 100%. And you are right that in Idle up two it is 100 90 100. I was trying to get a good pic of the graph, but it was hard. The V curve is common since at half throttle and 0 degrees of pitch the rotors will be spinning faster, so you don't need as much throttle. Then when you start adding pitch at the ends the headspeed will start to decrease, so you will need more throttle to keep the blades spinning the same speed.

Glenn,

Thanks for the hovering comment. It flies inverted just as good as it does upright. I didn't know how much I needed at first, so giving it some more room for error during the first flip helped. Now I can pretty much do it at one height. Then when I did it for the first time on the T-Rex I was much higher. Kind of proportional to the size and height of the Gaui. I tried to get that barn in the video, so you kind of got an idea at what height I did mine at.

Yeah I think the 600 will help me improve my flying skills faster. When I went up in size from the CPP to the Belt CP my skills dramatically increased. So I think the same will happen with the 600.

I am glad I had the chance to fly today. It was raining off and on all day. And there was almost no wind and when I wanted to fly the rain stopped.

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 11:20 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, that guy that lost the 6S lipos at the field (the old guy)...lost not one, but THREE packs...was griping (rightly so) that he had lost nearly $1200 in batteries, and he took good care of them too!!

Not surprisingly, he was the one that also was stating the fact that the batteries for the T-Rex 500 were about half the price...lol

One thing is for sure, helis that big are sure much easier to work on than the Gaui....LOL

I got a question for ya...I noticed that Rob was running a separate receiver pack on his 600....one would think with that much battery power, you would have plenty of juice for the electronics...a safety thing, I guess?

Glenn
Old 10-24-2008, 11:27 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the electronics are kind of expensive for the big helis. I was reading a thread on Helifreak and someone said that you don't want to go cheap on the electronics. Kind of like us upgrading the servos on the 400-450 helis and how much that improved the handling. Then you can always transfer the electronics to a new heli if you want. I didn't really want to spend the kind of money on a LiPo for a 500-600 sized heli, so I am glad I am going with the A123's since they are cheaper. I won't be able to get all the performance I could from a LiPo, but I can't fly good enough to use all the performance. And since they charge faster I won't need as many as I would with a LiPo saving some more money.

Hope your bank gets those big fraudulent isssues resovled soon. And hope you can fly Sunday.

It is also in the 50's here, but I don't want to feel cold while flying, so I can concentrate better.

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 11:37 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

One thing is for sure, helis that big are sure much easier to work on than the Gaui....LOL

I got a question for ya...I noticed that Rob was running a separate receiver pack on his 600....one would think with that much battery power, you would have plenty of juice for the electronics...a safety thing, I guess?

Glenn
Glenn,

Yeah stuff on the T-Rex 450 is so much easier to work with than the small stuff on the Gaui. But the Gaui is worth it once it is in the air.

I think most of the ESC's of that size can't supply power to the motor and electronics. Then if they do have a BEC they can't suppy enough current for some of the high current drawing servos. So a receiver pack can deliver more current and increase the flight times a little since it isn't coming from the main battery. The 600ESP comes with a 7.4V Lipo and around 2000mAh receiver battery and a 6A regulator to supply current for the electronics. And also if for some reason the ESC burned up in flight you still have power to the servos to auto the heli.

Nick
Old 10-24-2008, 11:50 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

WOW a 600! I am so glad you got it. Again you are I feel thee best pilot of the whole gang here, and thats the truth. So who better to have himself a really great big Heli, Congratulations! Did you find a pot of Golds in Dads basement?

I am so disappointed in YOU TUBE (YT) that their broadcast quality has to be so poor. My camera has numerious settings for snaps or vids. I shot serveral test vids today in (you tube mode) settings and in HD 10MP and then downloaded them, they all looked like crap on YT. The only benifit to shoot the vid in YT mode is you get a quicker download and a faster posting as they do not have to compress it.

I'll take up my head spead to 100-90-100 and see how that feels on the old Dx6i.

THANK YOU!

JPee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.