Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FeiBao Rafale Disaster

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FeiBao Rafale Disaster

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:47 PM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FeiBao Rafale Disaster

ORIGINAL: extra 300

ORIGINAL: dragonpilot

Looking for some Wocketscience here,
Anyone see a problem here. There is zero slop in this linkage setup and limited friction.
Dragonpilot,

Going back to the main subject. I have on my Rafale, same set up as on your plane (what plane is this?) how many flights do you have on? My setup is slope free (New JR8611a) except for the usual play of servo gear. I would hate to loose my Rafale by not taking simple measures to prevent any unfortunate incident.
Thanks clarifying.
Regards.Dany
It's a Rafale as well. I'm adding 2 more hinges (total 5) to each elevon and adding another CF control horn to the other side of the ball link. My servo is an 8411 running on regulated 6.1 volts which should give me 188ozs of torque. I believe my current build/setup is more than fine but I'm doing the extra work for piece of mind and when it comes down to it, that is the most important thing.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:31 PM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for your thoughts. I guess i will be doing the same. I guess we have a lot of headachs to worry about and if we are able to put one aside, we should not hesitate.
Onee more thing. I have the FB Rafale, and i am not happy at all with extensive play in the retracts in their locked position. Any idea what could be done to overcome this problem besides installing new retracts
Old 07-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Mart (Ham)

ORIGINAL: extra 300

Looking for some Wocketscience here,
Anyone see a problem here. There is zero slop in this linkage setup and limited friction.
Dragonpilot,

Going back to the main subject. I have on my Rafale, same set up as on your plane (what plane is this?) how many flights do you have on? My setup is slope free (New JR8611a) except for the usual play of servo gear. I would hate to loose my Rafale by not taking simple measures to prevent any unfortunate incident.
Thanks clarifying.
Regards.Dany
It's a Rafale as well. I'm adding 2 more hinges (total 5) to each elevon and adding another CF control horn to the other side of the ball link. My servo is an 8411 running on regulated 6.1 volts which should give me 188ozs of torque. I believe my current build/setup is more than fine but I'm doing the extra work for piece of mind and when it comes down to it, that is the most important thing.
I have just bought a FB rafale that wasn't quite finished, servo's were all installed, I have just finished the build, but checking the elevons there seemed a lot of slop on the sevo gear, I had a look and they are hitec mini digitals hs 5245 are these ok, I dont see how you guys are fitting 8411s aren't they to thick to fit?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:45 PM
3DHELINUT

8411 servos will fit, but i removed them and installed hitec 5955 servos because the 8411's had to much play in the gear mesh. i got flutter on my second flight which was due to the servo play.

Alan
Old 07-02-2007, 11:04 PM
JetsRC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Xtreme Jets Rafale has the 8611A, tight fit bit it can be done... No problems so far...

Michel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86033.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	715496   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26996.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	715497  
Old 07-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Mart (Ham)

Thank's Alan and Michel,
In that case I think I may use the JR8321 9k they are the same size as 8411 I have these fitted in my Flash nice tight gear no play, the mini hitec's that are already installed are screwed to blocks and have been glued in, need to carefully break them out, and try and get some of those brackets that you are useing Michel, Can they be bought?
Old 07-03-2007, 01:53 PM
JetsRC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe you should get those from your FB dealer, they should have them... They do come included with the XJ package...

Michel
Old 07-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mart1

Thank's Alan and Michel,
In that case I think I may use the JR8321 9k they are the same size as 8411 I have these fitted in my Flash nice tight gear no play, the mini hitec's that are already installed are screwed to blocks and have been glued in, need to carefully break them out, and try and get some of those brackets that you are useing Michel, Can they be bought?
Mart1,

Servo brackets such as those in Michel's photos, as well as other neat simple items can be fashioned out of aluminum (L) shaped channel that you should be able to purchase at any quality hardware store. The aluminum is fairly soft and cuts easily on a bandsaw. Edges clean up nice with a file and coarse sandpaper.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, double post!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Mart (Ham)

Yes, I was thinking along those lines, but was wondering weather they were readily available reall[sm=red_smile.gif]y. [sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 07-03-2007, 04:30 PM
3DHELINUT

You can also use the BVM brackets which are thinner.

Alan
Old 07-04-2007, 04:01 AM
asimace

Yes, I have used both BVM brackets (BVM Flush Wing Servo Mount) or better still these brackets I found at Dreamworks...
You can easily trim them to your necessity and they offer a strong hold for the screws... you can even countersink them if needed, they are thick enough.
Out of 12 alluminium brackets included in my FB Hawk I found only 5 or 6 that were good enough to be used... all the others had faulty threads, as soon as I tried to slightly tight them the bolts just overscrewed...

Ciao!
Mauri, Italy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16325.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	716011  
Old 07-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Mart (Ham)

I just found this post back on page 8 from Birdofpray, showing this picture. the servo covers have bulges in them! Mine don't!! now I know how you guys are fitting the standard size servos, why haven't I got bulging sevo covers?
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:50 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 128 Likes on 111 Posts

Yes, the 8411's will fit.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:08 AM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: asimace

Yes, I have used both BVM brackets (BVM Flush Wing Servo Mount) or better still these brackets I found at Dreamworks...
You can easily trim them to your necessity and they offer a strong hold for the screws... you can even countersink them if needed, they are thick enough.
Out of 12 alluminium brackets included in my FB Hawk I found only 5 or 6 that were good enough to be used... all the others had faulty threads, as soon as I tried to slightly tight them the bolts just overscrewed...

Ciao!
Mauri, Italy
Yes that our L bracket. We use them quite a lot. From servo to mounting anything.
Is a good bracket.