Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:34 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn ~

Your gonna love the extra batts for the MCX ! By the time ones almost done charging, and you just get done flying with a short cool-down period the other is batt is ready for flight...

Also the Vapor's batts will fit in the MCX and fly great....FYI... The Vapors lipo is 70 mah compared to the MCX which is 110 mah... The 70 mah lipo is just a tad over a gram lighter than the 110 mah... The 70 mah then makes it great for doing 3-D with the MCX.....[8D][8D][8D]

I was seriously thinking of maybe getting another MCX also !...LOL... I hacked a bit off the flybar on the MCX, no stability loss as it still hovers with the TX placed on the floor, shortened the boom a tad, made the rear fin a tiddy bitty smaller, lubed all moving parts/linkages/gears very lightly with Tri-Flow, applied tiny pieces of scotch tape to the inside seams of the canopy to hold it together in a crash better, and currently the MCX weighs 26 grams to that of its 28 gram stock weight... More to come ! Still need to very very lightly sand the balls on the links, as there is tiny tiny little burrs present....

Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I don't have time to fly them!! LOL

I am not sure if the Micro Mosquito still flies....I think the lipo was just about shot last time...

Nick, I will do G4 in a bit..gotta go do some shopping...LOL I do my grocery shopping late on Saturday night...no one in the store, have the whole place to myself!

Probably in an hour or so...if you guys start without me, I'll catch your sesssions when I get back..

Glenn
Old 10-25-2008, 09:40 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I was eyeing the Vapors at the LHS too...maybe some day... I'll bet there has to be nearly zero wind to fly one outside, eh?

Nick, that is a good idea on the tension on the elevator stick...I am going to have to analyze it and see if it's me or something that the sim is doing...I may be accidentally pulling back a bit...

Glenn
Old 10-25-2008, 09:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

That little flying thing that you knocked the dust off is cool...! Here's todays MCX flight... I'd watch it in high quality or its blurry... The wind was being sneaky on me, so I had to cut it short at 4 minutes.... Another time I suppose....[8D] I seem to be averaging about 8 minutes with the MCX according to my DX-7's stopwatch... Not to bad ! The Vapor is a little longer however.... But the MCX is quite fun also...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swWaYaAqgYo

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90857.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	1058897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97205.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1058898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93958.jpg
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1058899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27658.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1058900   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg13932.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1058901   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45650.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1058902  
Old 10-25-2008, 09:48 PM
J-MICHAEL

I was eyeing the Vapors at the LHS too...maybe some day... I'll bet there has to be nearly zero wind to fly one outside, eh?
Glenn ~

The Vapor flies in the wind about 20 times better than the MCX could....! The Vapor flies better than the CX2 does in the wind among that... Pretty amazing little craft.... The difference is the Vapor is like a flying leaf, and floats around like a leaf would with a prop though ! The MCX is like a flying rock, and ya better watch it in any wind !

Alright, gotta go make some dinner....

Old 10-25-2008, 09:53 PM
JPEE

OK Guys I am opening JPee's Glenn, Nick Jeff on G4 7:52 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I like shopping right when a store opens or close to closing for the same reason.

Jeff,

The MCX does pretty good outside. I haven't listened to the Foo Fighters for a long time.

Nick
Old 10-25-2008, 10:33 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, it was dead in there...zip through all the aisles, and get what I need, and get out! NO screaming kids in shopping carts, lines out to the shelves, and having to muscle my way through the people. Plus my store has really narrow aisles, which is a pain in the butt.

It looks like JPEE opened a session, I'm going to check it out...see you guys there (hopefully)....lol.

Glenn
Old 10-26-2008, 01:32 AM
J-MICHAEL

Alright JPEE and Nick..... Its 11:30 P.M. here Pacific time.... You two are a couple of night owls..... LMAO.... Oh..... I guess me too then....[8D] I've been tinkering with the Typhoon and the Trex for some flights tomorrow A.M. Another missed night of G4..... See what I mean ! I need to MAKE time, or I'll never get on it, and I need to.... Dang it....LOL..
Old 10-26-2008, 01:52 AM
J-MICHAEL

Ummmmmmm....... Yeah you to Glenn....
Old 10-26-2008, 02:04 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I logged off of G4...I saw you left...and I'm gettin' tired...so I'll catch you tomorrow...had fun flying!!!

See ya!!

Glenn
Old 10-26-2008, 02:15 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got kicked off by the Knife Edge error. But I should call it a night soon. Talk to you guys tomorrow. I downloaded all the helis I could that are 400X bigger. That is a lot of fun.

Nick
Old 10-26-2008, 02:19 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry, I didn't realize you got booted...

I was about to call it a night anyways...I thought the sky ships were a blast!!

Talk to everyone tomorrow!

Glenn
Old 10-26-2008, 11:49 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah those were fun. I wonder if there are any in real life that are that big. I have seen little ones, but not big ones. Just flying slow was fun for a change.

Nick
Old 10-26-2008, 12:11 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

LOL, good thing you figured out how to fly them...and the cockpit view is awesome, I still can't get over how cool it was looking down on the field and seeing the helis fly around from that angle.

Rob emailed me today, and he had some problems with his nitro helis...he accidentally left the reciever pack hooked up and turned the radio off. Apparently, it burned up all of his very expensive cyclic servos. Something to keep in mind if you use a receiver pack on the 600...

How is your weather? Mine is just OK...wind is about 15 MPH with 20 MPH gusts...hoping it will die down some later on, I want to do some more idle up flying, and maybe try a flip later...I'll have to see how confident I feel. I turned the timer down to 6 minutes, and bumped the swash mix for aileron and elevator to 85% from 75%....

Gotta get back to chores...talk to ya in a little while.

Glenn
Old 10-26-2008, 12:28 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I would hate to have to replace the servos in his helicopter. Some of the more popular ones are a $100 each.

I also have strong winds, but don't know the exact MPH of it. If you do a flip get it on video, so we can see it.

I just got kicked off a session because I was flying a 400X airplane. I thought that was pretty funny.

Nick
Old 10-26-2008, 01:00 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I'll bet those servos are expensive...that's what's kinda scary about the big helis....

Yeah, I will bring the "Flip" for the flip...LOL...depending on the weather.

LOL, I guess you made somebody mad...I was getting upset with one guy last night, his plane was HUGE, and it got right in my line of sight a couple of times...causing me to crash when I was flying inverted. That and the smoke sometimes makes me mad.

I guess that is why the host can boot people..lol... did it say you were booted by the host?

Glenn
Old 10-26-2008, 01:04 PM
JPEE

Hey guys, please go to main page I need some help on MCX

JPee
Old 10-26-2008, 01:20 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yep is said the host kicked me off. Once I took off I went as far from the field as possible, but I was also hovering the big dominion in the middle of the field. I think it is easier for me to see the aircraft when it is big like that. The T-Rex 450 gets small really fast in the sim. The 600's kind of do too. I just turned the smoke off in the quality menu since my computer was slowing things down, so I never saw it.

Nick
Old 10-26-2008, 01:36 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, the big helis are easier to see, I need to download some for my G4 at work...I am using a 15 inch monitor there, and the helis are small indeed.

Never thought about that with the smoke...does it also cut the smoke from the nitro heli's exhaust?

The T-Rex 450 SE V2 on G4 seems a bit too fast, it's crazy to fly...but it makes for good pratice on the reflexes, anyways.

I'm going to practice on the B400 in Phoenix for a bit.

Glenn
Old 10-26-2008, 01:50 PM
J-MICHAEL

The only thing I don't like with the bigger sized heli's that you can download, is they blow the realistic proportional look off to much for myself... And when I fly the Trex in real life it does get small very quick taking it out in a distance, so keeping them similiar in size proportionally on the G4 makes it good practice for me in real life to comprehend size and distance judging when flying....

My two cents for the pot.....

I took the CX2 up for a flight today... I haven't flown that little thing for like 7 months ! YIKES.... I swear I could smell the dust burning from the motors... LMAO... It was fun until the wind picked up !

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 10-26-2008, 03:56 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I lost power for a couple of hours because of the wind.

Yeah I can't see the exhaust from the Helis either.

Jeff,

Good to hear you were flying the CX2.

Nick
Old 10-26-2008, 04:27 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

I wanted to say thanks again for responding so timely to my call for assitance. Once I got the servos reversed in the TX then I got his MCX in the air. That little bugger really surprised me. A little dissapointing on the forward flight speed but all in all a great little Heli, so I ran down to the LHS and got one with three batteries, LOVE IT! ! !

Ehobby told me they will have on the shelf soon custom carbon fiber canopies for it!

We all went to the Fly Park and a guy had a 600 scale and I mean scale "detailed" to the 9's Heli. He might be a studio flier with something of this caliber. I shot the movie in HD and I am going to try a down load on the new Vimeo site and see how it comes out then I post.

Smiles JPee
Old 10-26-2008, 04:44 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear you got a MCX. It must be a heli buying month.

I would love to see that video you shot.

Nick
Old 10-26-2008, 05:23 PM
JPEE

Nick,

I dont think I did it right to get HD. I am just slammed for time and had to rush through the down load. Time Time Time and I just dont have enough.

http://www.vimeo.com/2074044

JPee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.