Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn ~

I'll have to watch your video in a bit after dinner ! The one reason I try to film as much as possible, not for the good flights, but MAINLY for the bad ones, as you learn a lot afterwards....

Also Me and my dad went flying today.... My dad didn't have the greatest luck:

Well...... How do you get a 47" wing-span Mini-Pulse out of a big Oak Tree 60' up you ask...?! Easy..... A 32' aluminum step ladder with three 10' sections of galvanized pipe 1/2" (PVC is to flexible) and put together then gives ya 30' along with your 32' extension ladder ! Only other tools required is a lot of stretching, neck aching, and a few choice words for motivation to the plane to please come down....LMAO... CRAZY...

But we got it after a bit.... My dad wanted to give up a few times, but I told him NO WAY ! The electronics alone pushed just above the $300.00 mark... forget the plane its the guts that is required here in the save.... I wasn't leaving until we got it down ! I think my dad is going to stay away from trees in the future... Not to mention myself ! I'am sure that old tree has reached out and grabbed a few RC's in its time.

The plane is in the upper portion of the tree and towards the left side as you can see in the larger pic... You can see the aluminum ladder positioned in the middle of the tree also if you look close.....

Never a dull moment in this hobby eh ?! Now that we got some experience under are belts, we may have to start up a plane/heli retrieval service....LMAO...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36043.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1059648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96068.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	1059649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28982.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	1059650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99960.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	1059651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68239.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	1059652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98902.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	1059653  
Old 10-26-2008, 08:46 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, I have already learned what went so horribly wrong in the video after watching it..LOL

My "copy" is of course much better than what you guys are seeing on YouTube, so I can make out more.

I was ALMOST in your predicament myself, the heli was almost in the trees!

Glad you got the plane/electronics down, and didn't get hurt in the process.

I am begining to rethink my flying area because of the trees...lol

Glenn
Old 10-26-2008, 08:51 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I have "landed" helicopters and airplanes in trees before, but nothing that high up.

Nick
Old 10-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Evan T.

hey guys i crashed the cx2 over concrete today for the first time and broke the body a little and scratched a couple things but other than that its pretty much fine it kinda made me sad lol you now that feeling
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I'll have to watch your video in a bit after dinner ! The one reason I try to film as much as possible, not for the good flights, but MAINLY for the bad ones, as you learn a lot afterwards....

Also Me and my dad went flying today.... My dad didn't have the greatest luck:

Well...... How do you get a 47" wing-span Mini-Pulse out of a big Oak Tree 60' up you ask...?! Easy..... A 32' aluminum step ladder with three 10' sections of galvanized pipe 1/2" (PVC is to flexible) and put together then gives ya 30' along with your 32' extension ladder ! Only other tools required is a lot of stretching, neck aching, and a few choice words for motivation to the plane to please come down....LMAO... CRAZY...

But we got it after a bit.... My dad wanted to give up a few times, but I told him NO WAY ! The electronics alone pushed just above the $300.00 mark... forget the plane its the guts that is required here in the save.... I wasn't leaving until we got it down ! I think my dad is going to stay away from trees in the future... Not to mention myself ! I'am sure that old tree has reached out and grabbed a few RC's in its time.

The plane is in the upper portion of the tree and towards the left side as you can see in the larger pic... You can see the aluminum ladder positioned in the middle of the tree also if you look close.....

Never a dull moment in this hobby eh ?! Now that we got some experience under are belts, we may have to start up a plane/heli retrieval service....LMAO...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Hey Jeff, you and Dad have been busy boys! Sorry for the loss plane such as it is, there is still some real money there like you said. And as Glenn said, thank goodness no one got hurt in your attempts to get her down. None of us want to see you guys on the TV News! Just so you know, there is a stiff fine for cutting down an 150 year old Native Oak Tree in this state LMAO! ! ! ! Don't tell me you guys think about getting the Quad out there with the Stiel.

They had a big deal here at out fly park and I saw planes like your Dads and what they can do, AWSOME!

JPee
Old 10-26-2008, 09:46 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

LOL, kinda feeling that way myself!! Thanks for the compliment on You Tube! It wasn't too great, but at least I gave it a shot....just wish the video was easier to see. Seems videos never come out too good on YouTube, too small and compressed to look right.

Sorry you crashed and scratched the CX2...I think we have all been there!

I have a bit of a rebuild job for this week...

Glenn
Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Great video of you going inverted with the Blade 400...! Sorry for the crash, but I'am excited for ya on the successful attempt by far... I don't even have the balls to yet try something like that yet...LMAO... Great job..! At least ya know what to kind of expect, instead of wondering huh...? Ya got to start sometime and somewhere...LOL..

It sucks to crash and have to deal with the repair bill... I think my worse crash was when I hit the outside of the garage in idle 2... The crash expense in damage came in around $165.00...YIKES... A few of the major things were the CF MAH main blades ($60.00), Microheli rotor housing ($40.00), Microheli titanium main shaft ($22.00), and other things which included the CF boom, rear servo tail case, tail rotor, tail rotor shaft, tail belt, flybar, rear tail case, boom support rod, spindle, and the DS285 elevator servo got stripped....LMAO...

Not to bad, as in a year I've had 3 crashes which this was the doozer... The other two were just $20.00 crashes... You'll have her flying in no time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOv_jp_swPg

Take care,

~ Jeff

Name:	Us53539.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1059771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17427.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1059772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59876.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1059773  
Old 10-26-2008, 10:51 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I opened a session, if you are still interested...

Glenn
Old 10-26-2008, 10:59 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words...the video came out horrible, but you can get the idea...

Yeah, next time I'll be alot more prepared...for sure!

I kinda knew going in that there was a good chance the heli wouldn't make it out alive...LOL

Not a bad crash, really, but it's my personal worst one...

I try not to make a habit of it!!

Should have it rebuilt and ready for next weekend!

Glad it wasn't a $165 crash!! I've been buying too many gadgets lately, heli funds are low...LOL!

I am still glad I did it, and would do it again!!

Glenn
Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for the compliments on YouTube...you said it right...gotta start somewhere!!!

Glenn
Old 10-26-2008, 11:34 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry I didn't join your session sooner, but I was on Helifreak for awhile. But I can't get onto your session.
Now G4 put in my IP address and Ports which it didn't do before. Did you want to try and get on my session?

Nick
Old 10-27-2008, 07:17 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry I missed you last night, maybe we can try again tonight. Sounds like you might be able to host a session now, we'll give it a shot.

Talk to you tonight.

Glenn
Old 10-27-2008, 10:13 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Look at this:

I had attached pictures for you to see but as I read their Web Site
I found that I was in violation of there approval to lift and paste pictures of their products.

http://www.micro-flight.com/BLADE-MCX.htm

Glenn, get that Card out $$. Only kidding................Jeffery Michael will get this stuff first!

JPEE
Old 10-27-2008, 02:23 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn, my Monday fly day ran ah-muck. Wifes car had a flat in the garage, so car swapping took place at 6:30 am. A nail in the sidewall, tie could not be saved. They got me for $170.00 for one Michelin!

Fly day moved to Tuesday morning.

JEFF, show this to your Dad..............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOBB_-gZFNo

JPEE
Old 10-27-2008, 05:53 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry you couldn't fly today.

The T-Rex 600 is in town today, but since I wasn't home when they made the deliveries I have to wait till tomorrow to get it. Now I just need a transaction to go through, so I can get the rest of the electronics.

Nick
Old 10-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Evan T.

Sweet I can't wait till you get it and tell us how you like it if you say good things I bet Glenn will get one lol
Old 10-27-2008, 06:19 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hey Guys,

Look at this:

I had attached pictures for you to see but as I read their Web Site
I found that I was in violation of there approval to lift and paste pictures of their products.

http://www.micro-flight.com/BLADE-MCX.htm

Glenn, get that Card out $$. Only kidding................Jeffery Michael will get this stuff first!

JPEE

JPEE ~

I came across that website also.... Pretty cool ! The only thing about that set-up for my situation, is I'am trying to decrease the weight on my MCX and I believe with there aluminum skids, bigger rear fin, and the rest of there stuff seems like it would be adding to much weight for me... But I like it though ! Just not sure also about the rear fin.... Seems like in a crash, that huge wide thing would break right off...!...LOL... And the last bummer, is there PayPal only which I don't do PayPal for many reasons.... Other than that, its neat there already coming out with new aftermarket upgrades for the MCX ! I can't wait to fly it outside again.... It really scoots in forward motion now from what the stock set-up offered...

I was tinkering with a L.E.D. just for kicks last night, and was going to try a night flight video but it was still windy at night.... Go figure...LOL... I'am glad ya got one ! I may get another as I like mine a lot also.... I may even sacrifice one and try to see if I can run 2 of those little lipo's in series and see what happens....LMAO... See if any magic smoke comes out and such....! If not, them motors would be a smokin'.... I'am just to full of experimenting and tinkering.... I love it......

Take care JPEE.... We want an MCX video soon......... [8D]

~ Jeff
Old 10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick, thanks, I fly tomorrow forsure!

Theres a new Sheriff in Town, they call him Mr. 600 T-REX. So I hope that he arrives for you and you get to fiddle a bit with it tomorrow.

TO THE GUYS; my buddy that just got the MXC had a wire pull out of the male plug to the battery. He called HH and they said no problem, just take off the circute board and mail it back to us. That sucks.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:37 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

I am with you 200%. I personally feel they have a "fair to great" product here. I know you like to go light with your birds, the lighter the longer the flight. What did you do for more forward flight? I have not had time to even lift off the canopy and look at whats under the hood. I would assume you can adjust the forward servo arm and more? Perhaps I'll do that right now. if you wish to sometime send me a PM as to whats wrong with PP or if theres something I should know about them as I do use them OH OH???

JPee

DUDE LOOK AT THIS, it is from the MCX thread

Name:	Db86052.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1060193  
Old 10-27-2008, 06:48 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just got back from flying the Gaui and T-Rex. The G90 isn't liking the 40-50 degree weather for me. It is drifting pretty bad and I don't want to wait outside to have it get used to the temp. But I still can fly inverted with it drifting and I can hover side in inverted on both sides now too. It is just the flip that gets a little hairy like that. I will wait until spring to try nose in, so it doesn't drift on me. Sure is a lot of fun. I can't wait until you try more of the inverted stuff.

I also lowered the headspeed on the T-Rex down to 2500RPM's from 2900RPM's and it flies so good. I can do everything easily in my trick book and it still begs for more. When it was in the 2900s the headspeed sounded a little faster than your B400 in your latest video and now it sounds a lot lower. I also can fly two minutes longer. It used to be 3.5 now I am up to 5.5 minutes. Right now this is the perfect setup for me. Now since my headspeed is closer to the max headspeed for my wood blades, I can use those in case I crash instead of buying $50 carbons.

JPEE,

I am planning on picking the 600 up from USPS tomorrow morning depending on how late I stay up tonight. Then I will finish the frame up after school.

Nick
Old 10-27-2008, 07:14 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, I tore the B400 down, and checked everything, and I missed the bent tail shaft. So, I'm thinking, no biggie, I'll just add that to my list and go to the LHS and pick everything up...WRONG!!

Glenn (another Glenn who works at the LHS!) said he didn't have any tailbooms, and that they are on backorder! So he called his other stores, and no dice. Then he pulled up his Horizon order website, and showed me that Horizon does not have any in the Illinois or California warehouses.

Ditto for Horizon's online website, Heli Hobby, Heli Direct, and Ready Heli...no one has B400 tail booms!!!

So, my heli is in a million pieces, and no parts!! No tail shaft either, although I might be able to get one that was ordered for another guy that he didn't pick up yet, so I may snag that tomorrow if he didn't pick it up.

I have a couple of more LHS (although they are not so local, actually) that I can try tomorrow.

Bummer.

Nick, sounds like you are really getting the hang of inverted flight...good for you!! If I was better at it, I could have saved the B400 when it was side in and inverted...but I didn't have nearly enough practice to save it, and didn't know which way was up...

It seems (even though I didn't get that far) that it wouldn't be too bad once it's inverted and somewhat stabilized...but the flip seems to be the rough part, and getting it under control right after the flip. It's sure not like on the sim...where you just flip it and it's perfectly stable right after a complete flip!!

Sounds like the T-Rex is really dialed in too! I can't wait to see the pics of the 600 build...be sure to post. I wanna see that 8MM spindle in your hand!! LOL

Let me send this before I time out...

Glenn
Old 10-27-2008, 07:17 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Couldn't you just leave the Gaui right outside the back door to let the gyro stabilize for a bit before flying?

Evan,

I am sure Nick will love the 600...but it's too much $$$$ for me right now!! But I wish!! Some day I'll get a bigger heli, but I have to do some more research and save some cash!

Are you counting down the days until the B400? LOL!

Make sure you don't crash and bend the tail boom!!!

Glenn
Old 10-27-2008, 07:32 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Hope you can find a tail boom or you will have to fly the other B400 even though it has the stock servos.

Yeah the sim helicopters are pretty stable after a flip, but I changed some of the settings on the T-Rex helicopters on G4, so it flies more like mine.

Yeah the 450 is great with the new headspeed. I needed more room with the higher one and I didn't feel comfortable with it.

Yeah if you guys want me to show some pics I will.

Nick
Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Why don't you field strip the other 400? or if you want I can send you whatever you want over night......you pay the freight I'll get it there. They all laughed that I have 40 plus bags of new parts on hand, this is the reason. Let me know the EFLITE numbers of what parts you might need. I have booms.

JPee
Old 10-27-2008, 07:58 PM
evdreamer

I just got done doing a night flight and landing on water with airplanes and helicopters on G4. That is pretty fun. The blimp looks pretty cool during a night flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.