Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 10:58 PM
panchenko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

hey i have a tamiya tt-01 and a 13x2 Team Orion motor. I know that the stock spur/pinion ratio,61:9 is wrong for my motor, but what should I get?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: mindwreck

wrong way raguvian. To get lower gearing you want a smaller pinion or larger spur.

Panchenko. the stock gearing is the lowest you can get it unless you modify the gearbox to fit non-tamiya gears
C.A.R said on my thread to overgear it. He says that the motor is just hitting its top RPM too fast and is topping out, so i need to overgear it some more.
Plus everyone said i should beat on the car.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:36 AM
sushipixel

Hey guys i have a TT*01 stock , waiting for the alluminum drive shaft and stuff. I was just asking. My pinion gear(The big white one) is striped a tiny fraction down from where the pinion gear touches it. Whats going on, why is it doing that, so now i have to buy a new pinion gear, so im just curious.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Raguvian

It's called a spur.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:10 AM
sushipixel

ORIGINAL: Raguvian

It's called a spur.
Ah my mistake, so the big white one spur, and the tiny one, the pinion gear. Ah well my mistake, so can anyone offer some insight>?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:49 AM
miniman92

Hiya guyz. Geting a TT-01 next weekend as its my birthday and gonna race it down at the local track with other TT-01's. I just want to know is the carson upgrade package a worthy package? By the sound of it it includes all the bearings and oil filled shocks with a supposed top end performance increase. I have been told that these upgrades are a must have on any TT-01 so what do you reckon to the package considering it is 40GBP?

Cheers
Ash
Old 04-22-2007, 09:49 AM
sanshu

hi i just buy a tt-01 and i can't get the motor to stay in place, does anybody have any tipsabout that.

thanks.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:37 AM
miniman92

If anyone has any pictures of their TT-01 please post them, it would be mutch apreciated thanks!
Old 04-22-2007, 11:40 AM
lee172

there are loads of pics in this thread, you dont have to look at every page, just a quick shuffle through will give you a sample of some bodies
Old 04-22-2007, 12:27 PM
mindwreck

Are you saying that the spur is getting stripped unevenly(one side ground down and other side isn't). If thats the problem, it means your pinion isn't centered on the spur. A picture would help!

ORIGINAL: sushipixel

Hey guys i have a TT*01 stock , waiting for the alluminum drive shaft and stuff. I was just asking. My pinion gear(The big white one) is striped a tiny fraction down from where the pinion gear touches it. Whats going on, why is it doing that, so now i have to buy a new pinion gear, so im just curious.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:36 PM
sushipixel

Are you saying that the spur is getting stripped unevenly(one side ground down and other side isn't). If thats the problem, it means your pinion isn't centered on the spur. A picture would help!

Exactly , one side is grey while the other isnt. Yea sorry about the pics ill try to get some as soon as possible. Also im having problems removing the pinion gear from the motor, and i lost the tool thaat came with it, any tips as to what tool that was ?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:39 PM
mindwreck

It is a good upgrade. Its just packaged tamiya stuff. The speed upgrade is from the 28T pinion they include. It will work but I would stick to stock or light mod motors. That really overgears the car and putting a fast motor will just fry the thing.

ORIGINAL: miniman92

Hiya guyz. Geting a TT-01 next weekend as its my birthday and gonna race it down at the local track with other TT-01's. I just want to know is the carson upgrade package a worthy package? By the sound of it it includes all the bearings and oil filled shocks with a supposed top end performance increase. I have been told that these upgrades are a must have on any TT-01 so what do you reckon to the package considering it is 40GBP?

Cheers
Ash
Old 04-22-2007, 12:54 PM
mindwreck

Its called a hex wrench or allen wrench. I think its 1.5mm

Exactly , one side is grey while the other isnt. Yea sorry about the pics ill try to get some as soon as possible. Also im having problems removing the pinion gear from the motor, and i lost the tool thaat came with it, any tips as to what tool that was ?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Raguvian

The tool is just an itty bitty hex. It is really small, i've misplaced it a couple of times too.
Is one side gray because the pinion isn't as wide as the spur so you're seeing gray grease? That's what it's like with mine. Mine isn't ground down though.
Your gear mesh is probably off. Make sure that you have the motor screwed into the correct holes on the motor plate.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:05 PM
mindwreck

Is it screwed in properly? The different hole positions are for different sized pinion gears. the flat side of the motor mount should be facing the motor. and the flat bottom goes down into the car. screw in the gear cover and everything should be fine.

ORIGINAL: hyperhkss15
hi i just buy a tt-01 and i can't get the motor to stay in place, does anybody have any tipsabout that.

thanks.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:10 PM
mindwreck

here is my fxx and NSX i sold to my friend
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5175349
Old 04-22-2007, 01:18 PM
sushipixel

Thanks well ill check out everything. Also im planning on getting the sport tuned motor tamiya offeress, is it anyy good, any experiencess with it? Also what spur and pinion gers to use, also does towerhobies seel them, i cant seem to find the ones i need.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:35 PM
mindwreck

never tired the sport tuned motor,so i have no experience with it.

I can't find the spur gears on tower but the pinions are still there. Search tamiya AV pinion.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:57 PM
sushipixel

ORIGINAL: bIGmiK

Well guys I finally got to "Speed Trap" the TT-01. Unfortunately I only did it with a non-matched battery that was half dead lol.

So keeping all that in mind, my average was a bees doodle under 49kph. I'm sure if I geared it harder I would be over 60kph, because I am gettting wheel spin to about 30kph..
The oiled filled shocks come in a two set right, so i need to buy two sets? Just cuious.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:37 PM
mindwreck

depends on which one your talking about. This one comes with 4shocks so you only need 1 set. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXETM6&P=7
Old 04-22-2007, 02:57 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Try looking on ebay. For roughly the same price as those Tamiya shocks you can get four aluminum GPM shocks.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:00 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: miniman92
I just want to know is the carson upgrade package a worthy package? By the sound of it it includes all the bearings and oil filled shocks with a supposed top end performance increase.
Not sure if you've raced there before or not, but you might want to check with the track to see what the rules are for whatever class you're looking to enter. For example if you enter some type of TT01 spec class they may not allow certain upgrades. A local track by me has a Tamiya Mini Cooper class that doesn't allow any upgrades, not even oil shocks.

It's just something to consider before you spend money on something that may not be allowed. Good luck with the new car and post some pics when you get it!
Old 04-22-2007, 03:28 PM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: rcluke

yer it looks cool, but with such a bad car as the TT01, whats the point?
just reading through some old oages
and i cant believe some of the things i said about the tt01,
i take it all back now, and would like to say i am extremely pleased with the way it drifts, and drives
Old 04-22-2007, 04:54 PM
panchenko

hey i have a 13x2 team orion motor and a tt-01 with stock spur and pinon, i know that the stock pinon can't be right for the 13 turn motor, what should i do with the gearing? Do i need a different spur gear? pinion gear?
Old 04-22-2007, 05:02 PM
TIGER76

Think the standard motor pinion is 19 so u could go higher but watch the heat on that 13x2 motor or it will burn up lol do u want to go faster (than a 13x2) ??? it must fly now lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.