Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:42 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

LOL. Great minds think a like.

Nick
Old 10-30-2008, 08:46 PM
rotarydoc

Nick...LOL!

Well, it looks like my tailbooms might be delayed...I think they just sent them out today...slim to no chance they'll be here for Saturday..but sometimes USPS surprises me...so we'll see.

LOL, I just spent $20 on Halloween candy....

I could have had a new canopy...lol...but I can't be a "Halloween Grinch"...and not hand out candy tomorrow night!! LOL!

Glenn
Old 10-30-2008, 09:01 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah, im not sure what im going to get yet, but deff purchasing the dx6i and reciever, what would you reccommend for a reciever the ar6000 or ar600e? or it depends on the helicopter?
Old 10-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Evan T.

haha that's funny yeah I don't like the people where you go up to the door and you see them watching tv and you ring the door bell since there home and they just sit there and act as if nothing happened lol. Yeah I was hoping either I would get it first or we would get it at the same time I just never said anything that's funny how we think alike lolololololol ha as nick said great minds think alike

eh!!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:13 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yep, depends on the heli, and/or how you mount the receiver. For instance, the 6100E would not work well on my Gaui 200, because of the fact that the wiring would come out of the end of the receiver, when there is really not room for that on the Gaui.

Evan,

Yeah, I gotta hand out candy... I can't sit there and listen to the knock...and not have any candy to hand out! That is just cruel...LOL!!!

I was also hoping you guys would both get B400's at the same time too...that would be neat...and interesting.

You all could share learning experiences and the rest of us could help you guys get started.

It's still cool that both of you all are getting new helis at about the same time though...should be fun!

Glenn
Old 10-30-2008, 09:14 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I think the fastest I got something from USPS was two days. Hope USPS suprises you, so you can fix the B400 sooner.

I will probably be a "Halloween Grinch" as you put it and just stay down in the basement tomorrow. But my parents enjoy handing out candy though.

Helistyle,

Go with the AR6100 since it uses DSM2 and the AR6000 doesn't. I don't know if they updated the firmware in the AR6000, but the AR6100 now has a very fast reboot time, just in case you have a brown out so you don't crash your helicopter because of one. My new AR6200 has the new firmware, but my old AR6100 and AR6200 don't, but I don't run my batteries low enough to cause a brown out, so I don't have to worry about it. They are both for parkflyer helicopters. I think the AR6100 is also a little smaller if I remember right.

Nick
Old 10-30-2008, 09:16 PM
J-MICHAEL

Yeah, I gotta hand out candy... I can't sit there and listen to the knock...and not have any candy to hand out! That is just cruel...LOL!!!
Hek.... And if ya run out of candy, you can always hand out 'heli-parts'..... Get em' started young and all.....[8D]
Old 10-30-2008, 09:25 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Here are some specs.

AR6000
Specs

Type: Park Flyer Only
# of Channels: 6 Channels
Band: 2.4GHz
Dimensions (WxLxH): 39 x 39 x 9mm
Weight: 7 grams
Antenna Length: 3.75 in

AR6100
Specs

Type: Park flyer, Foamies, Up to 400 class helis
# of Channels: 6
Modulation: DSM2
Band: 2.4 GHz DSM2
Dimensions (WxLxH): 19mm x 30mm x 9mm
Weight: 3.5 grams
Voltage Range: 3.5v - 9v
Antenna Length: 2 @ 29mm each

Nick
Old 10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I forgot to tell ya that when I was up at the LHS talking to Glenn, he had his T-Rex 600 electric there...and it looked very nice.

He only has one LiPo battery, he said it cost him $284, even with his discount...ouch!

He said it flies awesome, and is extremely stable.

He is still messing around with his CPP, the one he put the MicroHeli belt drive kit on. I asked him how it flies...and he said "just so-so...you know.." so I don't know if he was too happy with the CPP even with the belt drive, or if it's just small helis he doesn't like.

But I guess compared to the 600, it probably does seem pretty squirrelly!

Jeff...LOL....hand out heli parts... I've got about half a dozen bent mainshafts and feathering shafts here on the table...LOL! Including the most recent...I did quite a number on that one...it is looking a bit like the number "7"....LMAO!!

Glenn
Old 10-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Evan T.

Whoa that's weird I was seriously thinking the same thing LOL about handing out heli parts but once again I didn't say anything haha
Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Now you have a better idea of the size of the 600 seeing it in person compared to my pics. Yeah my battery cost 3/5 of that. I could almost by two for the cost of one LiPo. And mine will charge faster, so I can fly more. Did you ask if you could fly his 600. LOL

Has he flown the Gaui? That is smaller and flies so much better if there isn't any wind than the CPP.

Nick
Old 10-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Evan T.

Things To Do While Waiting On A Battery To Charge LOL.........

1.pace back and forth in front yard
2.get on rcu
3.watch the light waiting for it to change
4.organize your tool box
5.search through old things
6.pull out a patch of your hair
7.take apart your heli and put it back together
8.I don't no why but I always find my self taking something apart lol
Old 10-30-2008, 10:13 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Nah, I don't know him well enough to go flying with him, really. I don't think he flies at the club...more like his back yard or somewhere at his parents, I think they have some land or something he said where he goes.

Yeah, I remember better how big the 600's are from the field, I could get closer to those. Glenn's was behind the counter.

I didn't realize you had that many flights in on the 450 (160+!!)...that is more than I have on the B400 and Gaui combined, I'd bet!

I was just flying on Phoenix for the first time in a while. I do agree with most of the guys on HF that it is more realistic. The helis are definately harder to fly. Some of the helis on G4 seem to easy and/or well setup...just too easy to do stuff with. But it's still a more fun program I think than Phoenix. It just depends on what you want out of a sim. I love flying the T-Rex 450 SE V2 on G4....that thing flies like a missle! No helis on Phoenix fly like that.

Glenn
Old 10-30-2008, 10:16 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

LOL!!

I like #2 best...you can catch up with your buds on RCU, and see what's new!

Of couse, if you have extra batteries, you can fly while the other ones charge...the best thing to do while a battery is charging!

Or....IF you had G4...you could come and fly online with us!!!

Glenn
Old 10-30-2008, 10:31 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

At the time I was writing that last post I forgot that you had seen Rob's and that older guy's 600 fly.

I just looked at my flight log and it now says I have 562 total flights with all my helis. And that was after most of my CX and CPP flights when I didn't keep track of my flights on the log.

Good to hear you have been flying on Phoenix. I changed the servo speeds and the battery pack on the T-Rex 450 and 600 on G4 and the 450 flies pretty close to mine now, but I don't know how realistic the 600 flies yet.

Nick
Old 10-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Evan T.

Yeah but wat about when they're all dead lol then it sucks well atleast for me and heli only having one heli right now
Old 10-30-2008, 10:56 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Yeah, it will be alot cooler when you guys get another heli.

Then you could charge the B400 pack and fly the CX2 while that is charging.

After you get the B400...you will want another battery pack...BAD!! LOL!

Just be careful and take good care of the B400 packs....they cost alot more than the CX2 ones....at least the Eflite ones do!

So don't run them all the way until the heli loses power! Usually, you can get about a 6 or 7 minute flight on the stock battery and settings. If you lower the headspeed, ( a good idea at first), you can get some longer flight times.

Glenn
Old 10-30-2008, 11:07 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow, that's alot of flights! Makes me feel a little better....maybe I'll be half as good as you are when I get that many under my belt...but I'm sure you have better reflexes, and better hand to eye coordination than I do....so it's going to be along time before I can fly at your level.

Stick time is definately important....the sim is nice, but it's still not like the real thing, as I quickly found out last weekend...lol.

Something for me to look forward to...lol.

Gotta get some sleep, have to work tomorrow and Saturday.

Talk to you guys later.

Oh, Jeff, BTW, thanks for the warning on the MCX charger/battery overheat experience...SCARY STUFF...I'll have to keep an eye on mine...I have been a bit complacent on watching it...seeing as how small the little battieres are....seems like they are very safe with just 4 AA batteries charging them...but that's still 6 volts...enough to heat them up...

Glenn
Old 10-30-2008, 11:30 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yep I have flown a lot, but it is something I enjoy very much and don't mind spending a lot of time doing it. But the good thing is I can fly for the rest of my life and enjoy every second of it.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Nick
Old 10-31-2008, 12:31 AM
J-MICHAEL

LMAO............

Old 10-31-2008, 07:26 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

LMAO!!!!!!!!

That's even better than the GY401 on the MCX!!!

I don't know where you get this stuff, but keep it coming, you made my morning!!

Glenn
Old 10-31-2008, 08:09 AM
rotarydoc

Nick, Jeff,

Just out of curiosity, what is different/upgraded with the T-Rex ESP's besides the torque tube/shaft drive system?

Glenn
Old 10-31-2008, 08:34 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I believe just more CNC on the ESP's.... I think on the 500, the motor and esc are the same but not sure.... Didn't look to close... Hey..... MCX ALERT...!

Here's me slamming the little MCX around last night in the small living room of the guest house I'am staying at...!...So fun...! I cleared an area in the living room, and humped some of the stuff downstairs and to the bedroom for a little flying room action....LOL....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9emrekcSD_o

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 10-31-2008, 09:22 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick, Jeff,

Just out of curiosity, what is different/upgraded with the T-Rex ESP's besides the torque tube/shaft drive system?

Glenn
Glenn,

I haven't really checked out the difference on the 500 ESP, but on the normal 600 most of the head is plastic and on the ESP it is all metal, a torque tube like you said, a better motor, a higher current capable ESC, it has the blades, redesigned frame, a voltage regulator, a receiver battery, and carbon fiber paddles.

Nick
Old 10-31-2008, 09:30 AM
JPEE

Hi Jeff,

That is some flying for inside tight quarters! That little pup fly's fast and really handles too.

JPee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.