Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Venom-Racing GPV-1 motorcycle

Would a castle creations work? If so which one? Thanks
Old 09-02-2009, 04:42 PM
twistedtmaxx
My Feedback: (9)

just got mine the other day seller on ebay had them for 149.99 plus 10 for shiping

i have been into rc cars for years and what a shock this thing is like starting all over again
it is a blast to drive just have to learn to keep it up and not crash all the time

i will give it a 8 out of 10
Old 10-21-2009, 05:42 PM
harrykaz

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

There was a thread on here yesterday that had all of the info on the GPV-1.

Venom GPV-1 1:8 motorcycle

Here is a Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3dwn...&cc=MODEL_MOTO

We are very pleased to announce the launch of our new 1/8th scale motorcycle...the GPV1. After an intensive design program, testing, traveling its finally here. This bike has it all and its for everyone of any skill level. That was the hard part! Its not just for the racer and its not just for the novice. The RTR version starts you off with an ease of use commonly found in more toy grade hobby products but dont let that simplicity fool you. The chassis has an incredible range of adjustment for an RTR. Add to that an optional Race Chassis that expands the GPV1's capabilities even further and you have the ability to tune for any condition. Here is a list of standard features.

Fiberglass/Carbon Hybrid chassis plates (50%FG/50%CF)
3 position adjustable Rake Angle
3 position adjustable Rear Shock Angle
8 Machined Teflon Pistons for the Front Forks, 2 per fork, extras to tune with
4 Machined Teflon Pistons for the Rear Shock
3 Machined Teflon Bushings per fork, plus two pistons = total 5 bushings each
Dual O-rings per fork and for the Rear Shock
Venom Racing V5 compound Natural Rubber Racing Tires
Molded Foam Rear Insert
Molded Rubber Front Insert
Indexable Cam Chain Tensioner
Dual Steering Dampeners
Quick Change Spur Gear Hub
Composite Fork Tubes and Shock Body
One piece molded Truss Style Rear Swing Arm
Quick Change Axles with captured lock nuts
Prepainted Polycarbonate Bodywork
Prepainted Neocel Foam Scale Rider Figure
Molded Scale features like rotors, exhaust pipe, handle bars and calipers plus scale front and rear track stands
3 Channel FM radio with 3rd Channel Mixing for Digital Brake Bias Adjustment
6cell 1200mah NiMH battery pack
Fireball 370 brushed motor
Brushed ESC with push button set up and two profiles

OPTION PARTS
Alloy Fork Set with Preload Piston
Alloy Tripple Clamps
Alloy Rear Shock
Alloy Chassis Blocks
Alloy Steering Stem Set
Steering Bearing Set
Race Chassis Set (3position Rake Angle/5 position Wheelbase/20deg shock angle adjustment range)
Brake Kit - takes advantage of the 3rd channel mixing in the standard radio
Wheel sets - 5/6/7 spoke front rear wheels in pairs, Y-spoke standard
Race Tires V1 - softest compound, V3 - Med Comp
Brushless Motor
Brushless ESC
Lipo Packs
Pinion Gears
Old 11-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Nesal

Hey guys, thinking of picking one of these up, how wide a track do you need to properly run it? I feel like trying something new and this seems perfect! Are they hard to tune? Ive never topuched an rc bike but am very into cars! Do they ever get boring?! LOL Thanks!!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not hard to tune, but I'm finding once you get it dialed in, you can pretty much leave it alone. A very smooth surface is IMPORTANT for running these. You're probably going to want a track with 10' (~3m) or wider lanes or a tennis court or similar area for just zooming around. They are definitely limited compared to cars, but "asphalt surfing" with these is fun int its own right.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:09 PM
drummerdad
My Feedback: (15)

I started this post back in April of 08. Tuesday I finally received my new GPV-1 in trade for one of my shelf queens.
Funny all of the things I have heard about the bike with issues made it to my bike. The great thing about this site is that I was able to fine tune and fix the bike to running condition in about 20 minutes. So a big thank you to everyone who posted in this forum.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86077.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1316997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69114.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1316998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51001.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	1316999  
Old 11-23-2009, 03:11 AM
shajaan6

Just got one today so far I like the bite, only gripes, battery moves, very little room for battery I was planning on using my twin 3x2 packs from my mini e-revo, and i had to tape the wires back or they hit the tire. Secondly my spur gear hits my body, and thirdly, one of my front shocks poped open, oil everywhere. Never rode before was supposed to be a learner...
Old 12-09-2009, 03:31 AM
aluminum crusher

HI all is everyone happy with their venom bikes? are parts hard to get? And do they still make this bike because it seems that everyone has them on sale like ...it must go because they will not make it any longer. I don't know so I'm just asking whats the deal with the venom bikes. Thanks
Old 12-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

The bike is not discontinued. Due to the economy we lowered the price.

If you gus need any set up tips or help understanding how the bike works or something like that Im always watching the thread to lend a hand.

Chris
Old 12-11-2009, 12:52 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: VENOMOUS

The bike is not discontinued. Due to the economy we lowered the price.

If you gus need any set up tips or help understanding how the bike works or something like that Im always watching the thread to lend a hand.

Chris
OK thanks how will this bike hold up with an 6800kv sidewinder in it? Will I need to change gears or what, better yet whats a good brushless set up. Thanks
Old 12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Chris Nicastro

I always suggest to new owners who want to go brushless that they start with a motor in the 5000-5600kv range. Anything more will be too much to handle and you will tend to crash pretty hard and more often until you figure out that kind of power. Start with a smaller pinion gear and 64T spur to get the feel for power. I like to use 9-11 tooth pinions and let the motor spin a lot. It helps smooth out the instant power a BL motor has.
Also if your going into BL power you should consider the softer tires because the bike can put the power down better and handle dusty parking lots better. Use V1's and 7 spoke or Y-spoke wheels.

Chris
Old 12-19-2009, 09:49 PM
crownmultimedia

I agree, these things are AWESOME. I just told Santa to add a Venom GPV-1 to my Christmas list. I posted a few more videos on my blog...some racing clips with quite a few great passes, A kinda boring review with lots of good tech specs, and a clip with some cool crashes, Enjoy:

VENOM GPV-1 VIDEOS
Old 12-19-2009, 10:57 PM
drummerdad
My Feedback: (15)

Just did a deal on here for my 2nd GPV. Love these bikes.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:00 AM
St.evens

Hi, i want to ask venomus....i just order the GPV-1 and i wander few things

1st can the rear sock changed with a cars aluminium sock(for examble:hpi r40 aluminium sock)

2nd are there any raing tyres and if not are they gona be?

3rd are they any tyre warmers for this kind of tyres?and if yes where can i find

4th is there any chance that you will create in the future carbon wheels?

5th are they gona be other carbon parts like front fender and back, or carbon tree clamb etc

where i ride the track is a bit stif and lot of corners you have any suggsestion for set up ?i also ordered the aluminium forks are they working with oil/spring?if yes what kind of oil you will suggsest?

sorry for all this questions and for my speling
thnx
steve
Old 12-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Chris Nicastro

ORIGINAL: St.evens

Hi, i want to ask venomus....i just order the GPV-1 and i wander few things

1st can the rear sock changed with a cars aluminium sock(for examble :hpi r40 aluminium sock)

2nd are there any raing tyres and if not are they gona be ?

3rd are they any tyre warmers for this kind of tyres?and if yes where can i find

4th is there any chance that you will create in the future carbon wheels?

5th are they gona be other carbon parts like front fender and back, or carbon tree clamb etc

where i ride the track is a bit stif and lot of corners you have any suggsestion for set up ?i also ordered the aluminium forks are they working with oil/spring?if yes what kind of oil you will suggsest?

sorry for all this questions and for my speling
thnx
steve

Hi Steve,

No problem here goes;
1) Youcan but you will have to use the GPV lower shock pivot and see if the top pivot and shock cap clears the chassis. If you really want to use a TC shock I would suggest use one from X-ray with the external damping adjustment. Otherwise there is no need to change the stock shock, its based on TC shock design and you can use other TC springs.
2) No there are no rain tires from us but you can modify them if you like
3)No there are no tire warmers that I know of that will work with the bike and tire at the same time but you can take the tires off the bike and use a tire warmer for TC cars probably.
4)No carbon wheels in the future...sorry would be cool though
5)No other carbon parts for now

For a tight track keep the bike soft and use the V1 tires. Use 25wt oil to start with in the forks and just try to get used to the bike first before making too many changes

Have fun keep asking questions!

Chris
Old 12-22-2009, 01:28 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

can someone give me a break down of speeds with the stock motor and good gearing using lipo..
also the speed differences going brushless and what to expect..

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2009, 03:33 PM
St.evens

thnx for the answers neverthought i can modify the tires lol .....and i do that for so long on mynitro car ;P seems like when it comes to bikes i thinkmore like a original bike on the track rather as an RC

ok one more set of questions

1st i dont want to add more power tothe bike, only make it consume less power and add better battery so i can do more rounds on the track with out recharging so i was thinking 5000mah battery, you have any better way to improve the runing time? like add better bearings(less friction)or some other motor

2nd i was thinking that it will be posible to creat a Traction Control system and it would be amazign help .....
Using your own(venom) sensors for speed that you have(one at each wheel) and a simble circuit wth a super simble program laguage you can make it read the speed of the front wheel and the speed of the back wheel .(ofc it needs a small prossecor )
for examble :
lets say the back wheel has speed 10 and the front wheel has also speed 10 , program dose nothing.
If one of the 2 wheels angle from the speed of the other(front 10 back 8)then a small resistor will interfere with the engineselctrics so it lowers the speed and prevent either a non wanted wheely/spin of back wheelor a low/high side(sliping the front or back tire)...ofc you will make it to have small tolerans of the speed betwing the wheels couse the wheel is smaller under leaning angle and both tires are not the same under leaning ,back wheel is fater than front so the prossesor might read smaller speed in front(smaler wheel=more turns biger wheel less)
If you just let the program unlocked for the users they can match the % of interference(how much lesselectrism will cut off)and they would also adjust how big will be the difrence of speed betwin the whees b4 the program start working...
i know it sound strange but it would be an amazing hop up and it will change everything in the RC bikes ...its not so dificult to make and i dont think it would cost lot ....and after all this if you have the sensors and the chip that dose all this it will be realy easy to creat also an ABS system
what do you think?

Old 12-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Shaggy33

Can someone please help me out with my Venom Tyres. Just been to LHS and bought V1 tyres and a new air of stock rims as I think they are better for car parks etc or where there is dusty surfaces with less grip. I was told to buy the rims as it is difficult to get the preglued kit tyres off apparently. The front rim doesn't have any weight to it so does this mean I will need to cut the standard tyre off to get the weight out?? Will I also need new inserts as well.
Sorry if these are dumb questions but the LHS is really into bikes!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Chris Nicastro

Hey not a dumb question, you just need to get the front and rear inserts or cut them out of the stock set. I suggest you buy a new set so you have tire choices, V1 & V5. On your new wheels take a #11 Xacto blade and use the back edge to lightly scrape away the inner edges of the groove the tire bead goes into. The outer one is more important to knock off the edge at a 45 degree angle, it helps you set the tire in the wheel easier.

@ Srt10
The bike goes about 20+ on Nimh and about 25 on Lipo. From there depending on motor and gearing the bike can do 40 no problem.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Shaggy33

aaah I get it now, thanks for that.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Shaggy33

sorry one more thing guys. Just ordered a brushless system (5200kv) and plan to use my nimhs I've already got. Will stock gearing be a good starting point and if I need to buy more pinions/spurs what is a good range.

THanks again
Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Chris Nicastro

Yes the stock gearing and Nimh's will give you about the same speed as stock give or take so that will be ok. Use Lipo and the speed will be better. Consult the gear chart in manual for gearing options.
Go here for your pinion needs, use 0.5 mod pinions and match your motor shaft diameter.
http://www.venom-group.com/storeitems.asp?txtkey=pinion
Old 12-30-2009, 10:23 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

these things have become cheaper and this is so tempting!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:25 PM
jpilkinton

I'm thinking about getting one of these too!
$149 with free shipping sounds too good to pass up on this RTR!
I want to stretch the bike out by making an extended rear swingarm(out of aluminum stock) for this bike. That would be so cool.
Of course I would have to take two chains and make one longer chain.

Why a three channel remote? What does the 3rd channel do?
Old 01-03-2010, 04:29 PM
St.evens

its for using the front brake servo ;P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.