Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:16 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

It sounds like the Gaui 200 is getting closer to completion.

Yeah it is a hard choice between flying and building. Hope you get good weather by the time the Gaui 200 is ready to fly.

It's good that you could get some flights in during the build. When I am doing a build I some times have a hard time concentrating on what I am doing. Then I know I need a break.

Thanks for the comparison. It is easier to visualize the size of the helicopter now.

I wanted to check out some reviews on RCU about the Gaui helicopters, but they don't have that brand on their list.

Nick
Old 07-10-2008, 03:47 PM
rotarydoc

Heli, Nick,

I will try to post some pics of all 3 helis with canopies so you can get a better idea of the size difference.

Thanks Heli, I am anxious to fly it, but I am taking my time and making sure everything is as correct as I can make it before I try to even hover it...

How is your eBay auction doing? I read you were up to $61?...that is great for what you are offering, hope it goes higher for you!

Glenn
Old 07-10-2008, 04:38 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

A little off topic. It is a little to windy to fly right now, so I decided to go on a bike ride. I haven't gone on one for a while and I realized how out of shape I am. It is a one speed BMX bike, so it was a little hard to go up hills. But it was a lot of fun.

Hopefully I can get out and fly soon.

Hope you get some good weather.

Nick
Old 07-10-2008, 08:07 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

I have been having bad luck, sold my cp pro on ebay but buyer backed out, so now i Just decided to keep the cp pro, and suck it up and try to fly it, im going to put the smaller pinion motor on it, and flat bottom blades and just learn on it, I have been having bad luck buying and selling heli's and im kinda done, so the cp pro im sticking with untill I can fly it lol
Old 07-10-2008, 08:24 PM
evdreamer

Sorry to hear you couldn't sell the CPP. Hope the new pinion helps out.

Nick
Old 07-10-2008, 09:24 PM
HeliStyle

im hoping it brings down the head speed a tiny bit
Old 07-10-2008, 09:36 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Nick and Heli,

Sounds like a good idea Nick, I could use some exercise myself! I have an excercise bike, but it's too hot to use it now, I'll wait until the fall...(yeah, right, I'll never get on the thing!).

Sorry to hear that Heli, well, at least you have plenty of spare parts, and a smaller pinion motor!

Well, I flew tonight, and put the build aside. The weather was just too nice to pass up! I flew 2 packs through the B400, and realized how rusty I was...I just took it easy and tried to relax while flying...and enjoy it more.

Earlier, when I was working on the finishing mechanical stuff on the Gaui, I notice that the tail rotor grips have alot of play, I have since found out that this is compelely normal. But, in the process, I broke a tail grip screw right off...and my hardware kit had no such size (1.6mm) screws. So, I thought I was done for the weekend. Fortunately, the see saw set had a screw the exact same size....so I was able to use that for now...

I can' believe how easily that screw broke off, I'll have to be more careful next time. I still don't know how to get just those small screws, I posted to the HF forum, to see what those guys say...

Let me go before this message times out..

Glenn
Old 07-10-2008, 09:38 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Between the motor, the flat bottom blades, and if you put another flybar weight on the CPP, it should calm it down quite a bit. See how the tail is acting, you may want to get a new motor if yours is getting weak. They really fly better with a fresh motor in them. The tail is more precictable.

Hope you have good luck with it, and you can do it, it's just going to take alot of practice and patience!

Glenn
Old 07-10-2008, 10:06 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Here's the comparison pics for you...

It's a bit of a different story once the canopys are fitted.

Someone on Youtube had a Gaui 200 with a CX2 fuselage on it, and it actually looked very cool!

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71932.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	987925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81216.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	987926  
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear you got some flying in. I almost crashed practicing the funnels today. That has happened about three times now, but it came back in one piece every time. I am glad the T-Rex has fast cyclic response or I would have crashed into the tree or shed.

Good thing you found an extra screw for the tail. The place I normally buy screws from didn't have one that small.

Nick
Old 07-10-2008, 10:19 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I did finally get a chance to watch your videos, and they are awesome! I didn't know you were doing them backwards as well....very cool!

I was too tired to fly today, I had a loss of orientation, and it was looking ugly for a minute, but I saved it....just a pure lack of concentration. Plus I think I was feeling rushed by getting back to the build. But I had some good moves, some very smooth small circles, and lots of nose in hovering as well. I was very relaxed, which is a great thing. Maybe I was too relaxed when I lost orientation!

I posted the heli size pics for you.

Tomorrow night, I am going on a build marathon! I have to work on my buddy's truck Saturday, so it' going to put a crimp in my build for the weekend. I will see how far I get tomorrow night...

I have not searched very hard for the tiny 1.6mm screws yet, a guy on HF posted a place, but they only had 1.6mm by 3mm....which is too short. I need about a 10mm length. I have a feeling they are going to be hard to find...

I hope you get some more flying time and funnels in tomorrow, and be careful, sounds like you had some close ones!

I might have some questions for you tomorrow on the servo install...

Glenn
Old 07-10-2008, 10:46 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The Gaui 200 and CX2 look cool together. That would be cool to make the Gaui into a scale helicopter with the CX2 body on it.

Thanks for the compliments on the videos.

It is best to fly relaxed. I think that is why I still mess up on the funnels. I just get a little scared watching the helicopter come at me during a funnel. The weird thing is once they are going it is pretty easy to keep them going. But if it is slow or too fast then there is a higher chance of crashing.

Yeah my brother in law is always working on friends and relatives vehicles. He likes the extra money.

I think the place I get screws has 2x10mm screws, but nothing smaller in diameter.

Yeah I am trying to do more than I have room for, so things get out of hand sometimes.

I would be glad to help out with your servo questions.

Nick
Old 07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, the one on Youtube looked pretty cool with the CX2 stuff on it. The guy said it still needed some work, it didn't fit right on, as you can probably imagine...

I am still working on being more relaxed while flying, I think it makes one less prone to panic in a bad situation...

Yeah, I wish I was getting paid, this one is a freebie. My best friend who helps me with stuff around the house is in need of a return favor, so I owe it to him, to say the least...

HF forums are great....I got some replies, and was not only corrected on the size (they are 1.4mm !!), but also supplied a link to a place in England that has them..

My stuff came back from Horizon, most of it at least...I got a brand new power supply, balancing charger, and servo. The only thing they didn't send was the ESC, and it is coming from ONT (Ontario?) ....what great service!! I have nothing but good things to say about Horizon's product support!

Gotta go back to work...talk to ya later. I am going on a heli build marathon, but I'll try to post, and may have some questions!

Glenn
Old 07-11-2008, 02:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

When I get into a bad situation my heart rate jumps through the roof, but muscle memory gets the helicopter back in a good situation. The last time I almost crashed I didn't think on how to correct it, I just did it and brought it back to a tail in hover.

That is cool you are doing that for your friend free of charge.

Cool you could get some replies on the screws and get the correct dimension.

Cool you got the parts from horizon. Now you don't have to use the Miata battery anymore.

I have to go to work tonight, so it will be later tonight that I will be able to answer any questions you have.

Nick
Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 PM
HeliStyle

I have a question guys, I was thinking today, the links that connect to the swash plate and hook onto the servo arms, If I moved them in like 2 or 3 holes, would it make the cp pro less responsive, only reason im asking is because on my cx2 I moved the links out 2 holes to gte more response, makes sense to me but I could be totally wrong lol
Old 07-11-2008, 07:16 PM
HeliStyle

wow is all I have to say, second thank you very much rotarydoc for reccomending the 8 tooth pinion motor, let me say it makes a huge difference in control, I flew the blade cp pro 2 packs, I actually was hovering and doing forward flight with no problem at all, I was so excited lol between the flat bottom blades, 8 tooth pinion and flybar weights the cp pro is a breeze to fly, I actually can say for the first time I enjoyed the cp pro, I mean I still have alot to learn flying but doing forward fligth surpised me and how much the smaller pinion helps out
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

That is GREAT to hear!!

I kinda figured that the combination of all 3 things might help calm it down some for you...I am so happy for you!

Sounds like you are doing better than you ever have?

Yeah, the lower headspeed is what helped me out alot...but I was able to get mine down with radio adjustments...

Nah, moving the servo arms in would actually make it more responsive, moving them out would make less travel on the swash, but not really slow it down any, it would just limit it's overall travel. I don't think it would help...

I think you are on the right track, it just sounds like you need alot more practice, and it will get easier all the time!

I have been working feverishly on the Gaui, and it's coming along pretty well...I have a question for evedreamer, but he's not online yet...I'll catch him later on..

Really glad to hear that you are doing well with the CPP!!

Glenn
Old 07-11-2008, 11:40 PM
evdreamer

I prefer to have a fast cyclic response. When I put the hiller set up on the CPP it is too slow for me. I almost crashed a few times because of it and did crash once because of it. With my 450 sized helicopters I have the cyclic response pretty high. It has helped to save my helicopter many times. And has taught me to use small stick inputs and not large ones to correct a mistake.

Glenn,

If you aren't on tonight I should be on at 11am to 12 o'clock your time tomorrow.

Nick
Old 07-12-2008, 01:02 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I just got done finally with the CCPM setup! It took me a while, since I have never done it before. I got really lost there for a while, I couldn't figure out why I had no idle up...but I had the pitch curves the same in idle up and normal, so there was no change when I flipped the switch. I went back and reviewed the finless videos, and that got me most of the way there.

I now have the correct swash height (7mm) at half stick, which coresponds to zero blade pitch at half stick...does that sound right to you?

It is hard to measure the pitch, as my gauge does not fit the blades. Gaui gives you a method by placing the blades in the same plane as the flybar, and looking at it from the side. I have it very close, but I'd like to have a guage to measure it....

But it looks like I am really close. The manual lists the swash height at -12 pitch, at zero pitch, and at +12 pitch, and I am right on...

I have been working on it for about 5 hours now...I'm going to bed soon.

Tomorrow I get to tackle the tail setup!

Hope you have a good night...

Glenn
Old 07-12-2008, 12:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I would have responded sooner, but my errands lasted longer than I planned.

Cool you finished the head setup and programming.

I don't know what the height of the swashplate should be on the Gaui, but I try to have the same amount of the main shaft showing above and below the swashplate. And that should get you close to having the same positive and negative pitch.

I think on the Gaui Hurricane 550 build by Finless their is a video on how to get zero pitch with out a pitch gauge.

Have fun with the tail setup.

It sounds like you are almost done.

Nick

Old 07-12-2008, 12:40 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Well, I have made alot of progress today so far. My buddy is running late, so I got some extra time for setup.

I think I am good on the cylic servos, so I moved on to the tail. A few liittle issuses, but I think I have it figured out. It seems like I have the servo going the correct direction, and have the normal reverse switch on the gyro set correcty, the tail seems to be doing the right thing when I yaw the gyro, testing it. It's going to be trial and error on the tail setup, I do believe. I'd better go get some training gear for a CX2 before it's maiden flight...

Now, the biggest problem left is to mount everything. It's not going to be easy, alot of stuff to put in a very small place!

My preliminary CG tests have proven out that this is a very tail heavy little heil, and it's going to be a challenge to get it to balance out...at first, I'm going to hang the battery way off the tray in front, there is room in the canopy for that, an see how it goes. That will probably not be permanent, however.

The good news is that the Gaui batteries have the same balance lead as the Eflites, so I can use my CPP charger on them if I want...

Talk to ya soon!

Hope you can get some flying in today...

I would love to get the Gaui at least off the ground today, but I don't know how it's going to work out...

Glenn
Old 07-12-2008, 01:01 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I did the same thing with a trial and error for the tail. I did the yaw thing with the tail. Then I put the helicopter on a smooth surface and added rudder. If the tail didn't move any more after I added rudder then the gyro direction was correct.

By looking at the pictures I can imagine there isn't much room to mount stuff.

Moving the battery forward worked for the Belt CP. Good luck balancing the Gaui.

Good to hear you can use the CPP charger. It seems the E-Flite balance connector is kind of popular.

It has been raining off and on all day, so I won't fly today.

Hope you have time to fly after working on your friend's vehicle.

Nick
Old 07-12-2008, 01:07 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I am getting very close now...I have all the servos, gyro, ESC hooked up, but no motor yet. Everything looks good. I think I have a plan for mounting stuff, while trying to keep the weight as far forward as possible.

I am also going to need a B400 battery strap, to hold the battery down, especially since it will be hanging off the front of the frame somewhat.

It's very good to do a setup on a heli, it gives one a lot more understaning of how things work...better than buying RTF...where when something does go wrong, you don't really know how it works, because you didn't set it up. I have already learned a lot with this setup/build...

Take care,

Glenn
Old 07-12-2008, 01:41 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Can you also use velcro? I use velcro and three rubber bands on the T-Rex and it holds the battery really good.

Good to hear you are enjoying the build. I think RTF are great to get people in the hobby, but a kit is better to help them understand why these helicopters work and how to make them reliable and safe.

Nick
Old 07-12-2008, 06:27 PM
HeliStyle

Well I flew alot tonight, got my new flybar for my cx2, its very nice and there is no more blade clack, then flew two batteries with the cp pro, went really good, was hovering very nicely, couple of things I notice thought, not sure if you any of you guys have experienced with the cp pro, the tail boom seems like it is loose inside the main frame, you can pivot the whole thing pretty much, I was wondering if I should glue it into the heli main frame? Also when flying I noticed I'm not sure it is a radio glitch or not, while hovering all of a sudden short burst of throttle, making the heli shoot up alittle, was wondering if any of you have had that happen and what it might be? thank you in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.