Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official HPI E-10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 06:39 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI E-10 Thread

ORIGINAL: momogt

can someone tell me why when i put my 10t trinity speedgem in my e10 along with my lrp esc my standerd connectors keep getting to hot and melting together after 3-4 min
SIMPLE, its over geared, lower ur pinion gear, or replace motor terminals with the push on style not the soder ones

hang on... what connectors? do u have deans on the battery & esc?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:44 PM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: CarGuy7a

Hey guys I got an E10 setup for drifting not long ago and have a few questions.

I have the thin hexes installed to make the car 190mm wide. My tires are also wearing really bad on the inside like it has too much negative camber. Upon inspection I notice ALOT of play in the wheels on all 4 corners. Is this normal??? All my bearings are good, they had alot of play in them from out of the box. Is there anything I can do to take this play out of the wheels??? I maybe have ran 4 packs through it.

I'm gonna take it apart and see what all is going on tomorrow.
are u using HPI wheelberings? yes the e10 does have play in the wheels read back in the forum for upgrades.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:04 PM
slimjimzrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jimbosan

We have an HPI E-10 that we are having a little problem with and maybe someone can help us out.
We have burnt up 2 motors in the car so far. The stock motor lasted 2 runs. We replaced it with a 19 turn spec motor and burnt that one up after only 1 run.
We have changed the gearing from the smallest pinion to the largest one that will fit. We have installed all ball bearings, an all aluminum drive shaft and have had to resort to installing a brushless system and that even gets too hot.
We are at our wits end and are asking for any help you can provide. [:@]
The motors are burning up because your gearing it wayyyyy to high
Old 10-29-2009, 08:21 PM
ThEoNeS911

Anyone notice the new E10 RTR? Looks promising. Might get one, once they put out more support for it.
www.hpiracing.com/products/en/32211/
Old 10-29-2009, 09:12 PM
CarGuy7a

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

ORIGINAL: CarGuy7a

Hey guys I got an E10 setup for drifting not long ago and have a few questions.

I have the thin hexes installed to make the car 190mm wide. My tires are also wearing really bad on the inside like it has too much negative camber. Upon inspection I notice ALOT of play in the wheels on all 4 corners. Is this normal??? All my bearings are good, they had alot of play in them from out of the box. Is there anything I can do to take this play out of the wheels??? I maybe have ran 4 packs through it.

I'm gonna take it apart and see what all is going on tomorrow.
are u using HPI wheelberings? yes the e10 does have play in the wheels read back in the forum for upgrades.

Yep. Everything on my car is box stock.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:29 PM
prontozuk

I finally upgraded mine about a month ago with the bearing and a new motor. I went for Stockstar 27T 24 deg and wow.... what a power difference. my car has both diffs locked (thank you bluetac). Now on can drift on carpet very easy with only about half throttle. Still using the 22T pinion.

Now I have another issue. When i was putting the bearings in I noticed that the plastic bears had like a steel tube around it.... Was I supposed to leave them in there.

thanks James
Old 10-30-2009, 04:03 PM
CarGuy7a

Don't know if you all have seen these or not yet but I am going to get them when they are available to help the way my tires are wearing. Since I was informed that the slight play in the wheels is normal, I figure I can use these to adjust the camber so my tires will wear evenly.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/88137/
Old 10-30-2009, 05:15 PM
momogt

i have standard not deans but im gonna get some deans but i have the 20 tooth pinion whats the lowest you can use on this car will a 18 or 19 tooth pinion fit
Old 10-31-2009, 09:39 AM
buyei

i just bought a E10 kit with toyota mark II bodyshell. now awaiting bearing &amp; 9T brushless motor to fit in my E10. what is the best pinion for the 9T motor? set for touring purpose...</p>
Old 11-03-2009, 03:59 AM
FireFrenzy

I have tried 25t and 22t both worked well and while i dont have accurate temp readings to hand (was a while ago and i dont own a termo) i believe both were fine... you WILL be needing an ALU motormount or you will be spending a fortune on those craptastic spur gears... does anyone know of a sturdier replacement? carbon or alu or something?
Old 11-03-2009, 06:45 PM
phmaximus

Has anyone had anyproblems with spur gears when using the aloy motor mount? or does this fix the problem, i havent had any problems but im running sock motor.

No i havent seen any allloy spur gears for the e10 but i have had one im my TL01 & a metal gearset for the GV2000 in my experance i found them to be worse than stock, thay are noisy & wear out very quickly leaving metal filings everywhere pluss thay arent much stronger. the only gears i would use would be steel ones but thay are to heavy.

now when your gear wears out how oes it do it? does it shift forward or backward & snap the edge of the teeth? or does the motor move off the gears & strip them due to incorrect mesh?

can some one post a pic of there stripped spur gear?

also how do u guys set the gear mesh
Old 11-04-2009, 04:39 AM
FireFrenzy

I was at the time using an ezrun 4300 kv on a "6s NIMH" pack (team orion 5100) and that thing just devoured spurs, i think alot of it was due to sand getting caught in the teath and me not picking up on it (its run alot by friends who tend to inflict brute ignorance on it) but the massive power compared to the standard engine of BL didnt jive with the plastic motor mount (and i have no real factual basis for this just that it got a TONNE worse when i swapped to BL) i now have the alu motor mount but the 4300 was transplanted to my sprint 2 I'll need to figure out what to do to make this my "drifter" (other then some tires ofcourse) anyone got any recommendations on that front?
Old 11-07-2009, 04:02 AM
CarGuy7a

I just mounted up a set of new T drift tires on the black 10 spoke rims. What a freakin job. Thank God I had my heat gun.

Do you guys use any CA glue on these tires??? I checked the first one I did after it cooled down and they're on there pretty tight. Tried to spin the wheel inside the tire and it didn't budge. I don't think it'll hurt since my car will stay brushed I don't think the stock motor will have the torque to spin the tires off. Just checkin to make sure I didn't miss something.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Freequensee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: prontozuk
Now I have another issue. When i was putting the bearings in I noticed that the plastic bears had like a steel tube around it.... Was I supposed to leave them in there.
That metal ring is just for the bushings. With bearings, you don't need them.
Do you guys use any CA glue on these tires??? I checked the first one I did after it cooled down and they're on there pretty tight. Tried to spin the wheel inside the tire and it didn't budge. I don't think it'll hurt since my car will stay brushed I don't think the stock motor will have the torque to spin the tires off. Just checkin to make sure I didn't miss something.
For T drifts, once you mount them, they stay put. Unless you damaged the bead during installation, you will need some glue to help but not too much. Other then that, you shouldn't have to worry.

When the tire gets really worn down and there isn't much tire left, they start to become easy to move.

also how do u guys set the gear mesh
Use the paper method. Just run a strip of paper between the spur and pinion and mesh the gears. It should leave the right amount of space.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:09 PM
CarGuy7a

ORIGINAL: Freequensee

For T drifts, once you mount them, they stay put. Unless you damaged the bead during installation, you will need some glue to help but not too much. Other then that, you shouldn't have to worry.

When the tire gets really worn down and there isn't much tire left, they start to become easy to move.
Ok cool just wasn't sure on that. I don't think I'll use any glue and see how it goes. They're on there pretty good.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:37 PM
phmaximus

yes i agree setting the gear mesh with paper is a good way to set mesh but i think the best was is by gear noise U should get a feel of how it should sound after a while & i sware by it, even do it for my othercars.

ummmmm i sware somewhere u need to leave the metal ring in, if it fits with the bearing use it, maby some aftermarket bearings are diffrent sizes.

did u want to know the easyest way to fit the drift tyres?????????
put them im boilling water untill hot, then push it on rim (warning tyres get hot, if u have mechanic hands lke me its ok, but if u have virgine hands ware dishwashing gloves)

here is one of my E-10's it has a few chassis upgrades as u can see, but the best upgrade was the hpi brand upgrade shocks

Old 11-10-2009, 01:28 PM
katzcratch

has anyone used the e10 gt enough to rate it? I cant tell if its  a "cheaper" made car, or if it is still high quality. The look of the e10 gt is awesome...
Old 11-10-2009, 07:48 PM
buyei

i have bearing on &amp; waiting for aluminium drive shaft. it seem that the plasting drive shaft not fit for my 4300kv motor. what the best pinion for touring? my pinion still stock...
Old 11-11-2009, 08:51 AM
FireFrenzy

depends on your engine i suppose back when i was using my 4300kv ezrun in my e10 i used my 22t stock pinion and later a 25t both worked and both worked well but i dont race or do more thermometer work then my mark 1 mod 0 fingertips who arent that great for it... the 25t worked a bit better iirc but dont hold me to that
Old 11-12-2009, 01:49 AM
buyei

tested 28t pinion...weird sound coming from the gear...is it worth to buy aluminium motor mount to replace the plastic mount?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:09 AM
FireFrenzy

Well i have the HPI version but my e-10 atm doesnt have an rx in it i might transplant it this weekend just to check that out tho...
Old 11-12-2009, 12:08 PM
GnRsam1

been a while since my last post, upgraded the motor to a venom 17t. also fitted a nice cooling fan and i have been busy in the garage manufacturing an alloy steering rack.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94215.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1312932   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43536.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	1312933   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61805.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	1312934  
Old 11-17-2009, 07:11 PM
phmaximus

nice work, good job
Old 11-19-2009, 03:10 AM
buyei

sway bay? anyone installed it?</p>
Old 11-26-2009, 09:23 AM
phmaximus

yeah m8, ive got them front & rear, im using the thicker ones, cant really rate them to, I got them when i got the car/kit & fitted them from day one.

katzcratch
has anyone used the e10 gt enough to rate it? I cant tell if its a "cheaper" made car, or if it is still high quality. The look of the e10 gt is awesome...
From what i can tell the e10 gt, is the same as any e10 just its a gt40 body.
saying that the e10 is no Sprint 2, not as manny adjustments stock & the e10 is shaft driven.
The looks better, chassis more simple & ya have got to love the fake brake discs & calipers, with all the upgrdes the e10 can be a very rewarding car

HPI just need to make a E10 SS with all the upgrades & a cockpit to keep it looking real
like this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.