Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 05:05 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

I didn't know USPS wasn't open past noon on Sataurdays so I am going to have to wait until Monday for a test flight, but I did get all the other parts I needed today.

Yeah the 600 motor is pretty heavy.

Helistyle,

Yeah my parents don't even know I got the Gaui or the 600. And I have had them for awhile. My mom has walked passed the 600 a lot and I can't believe she doesn't know it is new. But if I told them how much all this cost they would have a heart attack.

Here are some pics.

Nick

LOL.... Yeah my dad still doesn't know I've got the 500...!...LMAO... He has a weak heart condition anyway, so I didn't need to inflict any more chest pains if he did know...LOL... Because he knows how much stuff costs !... I'll tell him when I get back home... One reason also its not built, as its easier to hide...LMAO... But he never comes out to the guest house anyhow... If he did he would definately have a heart attack ! He doesn't know half the stuff I've acquired while being in Cali... Mostly other stuff like servo's gyro's, massive tools, spare parts, and half the fleet I have now I didn't have when I came here... Funny your mom doesn't notice the 600.... Crazy... That things so darn huge, ya think somebody would second glance at it....[8D] She'd probably think if she did notice it that you'd probably kill yourself with it...LOL... Or use it to fight some forest fires or something... Or maybe rescue a cat from a tree perhaps...?!

Whew.... I gotta major headache... Might have to take a power nap or something... I'll talk with ya later...

~ Jeff
Old 11-01-2008, 05:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah those servo's ya got are the best on the market no doubt... I've always dreamed someday of getting the chance to use that combo... That tail servo is just to sweeeeeet also..! And you know that !...
Old 11-01-2008, 05:28 PM
JPEE

Hello Jeff,

On a serious note, there is some stuff there I could use at LOOKYJ's Flea market and Swap Meet. I just might giver ah-look!

Jeff, Nick, Glenn, Evan, and others if I missed anyone that for the skinny on the grease and bearing information. Raining and Thunder in here in Sunny California. That goodness for the CX2, MCX, and SIM. Heck, I could get rusty if he didn't fly for a day or two.

JPee
Old 11-01-2008, 06:08 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

That is rather humorus!! How could your mom NOT NOTICE a T-Rex 600???!!!!

LOL!

I could see overlooking the Gaui...you could hide that in a drawer somewhere....but the 600???!!!! LOL!

Catch ya later, gotta go out with some friends...whenever they call.

Glenn
Glenn,

I have no idea. She isn't interested in my helis, so she probably thought it was one of my helis I have been talking about. And my Dad just walked by it and didn't say anything either and he has seen all of my other helis.

I am almost done installing the servos, but the JR's mounting holes are a little shorter than the supplied stuff but I am getting it to work. I am on the elevator servo right now.

After I set up the head I will be working on the batteries and take pics of those too.

Jeff,

Is your headache from staying up to late on the forums. I sometimes get them when I only get 4-5 hours of sleep. Did you get a DS8900G by the comment on your last statement? I think the JR DS8717's are better than mine, but I can't handle a .07 second servo on the cyclics. That is the speed for a tail servo!

JPEE,

Have fun with the coaxials and the sim.

Nick
Old 11-01-2008, 06:27 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,

Is your headache from staying up to late on the forums. I sometimes get them when I only get 4-5 hours of sleep. Did you get a DS8900G by the comment on your last statement? I think the JR DS8717's are better than mine, but I can't handle a .07 second servo on the cyclics. That is the speed for a tail servo!
The reason for the headache could be lack of sleep... I usually only get 5 hours or so a night.... No I didn't get a DS8900G servo for the tail... I just had to comment on how sweet yours is because it truly is the best on the market in my opinion.... I still have 2 Futaba 9254's that I need to put to use, so I'll just be using one of those for the 500.... Its almost as good as your JR, but still JR out did Futaba on that one... Heli-Direct says the Futaba 9254 is $119.00... They say the JR DS8900G is $139.00... The 9254 has only 47 oz. of torque while your JR has 48 oz. of torque... And the Futaba 9254's speed is .06 sec compared to your JR which boasts a killer .05 sec.... CRAZY... That's why I was saying your JR is so sweeeet...! Along with your other cyclic JR's ya got... They'll be great in that 600 ESP.... Like a Ferrari in the sky.... [8D]

JPEE ~

You really should check out Jeremy's stuff he has for sale.... If you were going to get maybe a 500 even, this might be a good time as you might be able to save a small fortune by picking up some of the electronics through him maybe.... Just go hit the 'buy now' on a 500 or 600, and be done with it.... [8D] You could go fly it in those Santa Ana winds or something ....

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 11-01-2008, 07:20 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

As you know I posted a picture my charger and charger pigtail I made for the MXC battery. Well as it was pointed out to me I was charging at .2 when it should have been .1 for a 110 mAh battery. I know but simply had a brain fart. With that said my D/N Power Charger does not go down to .1 But.....we both have the C505 chargers and they do go down to .1 so I am/we are golden there. I made an adapter and have now charged two MCX batteries and it works fine. It is a temp setup of course until the pigtails arrive that are on that pending order. Once I have those I can charge on either charger as a 3 cell or just on the 505 as singles at the .1 rate. Question and a thought, if I make a 3 cell out of them then would you step up the charge to .3 as there are three 1C batteries?
A guy has to do something on a rainy day.............while your out dinner while we all sit here LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

JPee
Old 11-01-2008, 08:39 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

If you wired it up in series you would charge at 11.1V .1A. If you wired it up in parallel it would be 3.7V .33A.

Guys I just finished installing the servos and have the swashplate level, subtrims, and linkages below the swashplate all done. The Elevator servo is a PITA to setup. There is no room to get the links on and I stripped a screw that holds the elevator servo holder to the frame. On to the rest of the head setup.

Nick
Old 11-01-2008, 09:32 PM
JPEE

Gotcha Nick,

Thanks JPee

Old 11-01-2008, 09:46 PM
evdreamer

I finished the head setup. The measurements of the links in the manual were way off and I had to redo everything a lot instead of a little. I got a link threader and that was worth the money. I should have gotten two to make it easier. I will upload some pics soon. I have the tail section left then I might start on a battery of 5S1P. So I will two of those and wire them in series to get a 10S battery. I am all out of double sided tape and that was in the package at USPS, so I can't mount the receiver or voltage regulator unless I use velcro.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:51 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds awesome...the pics will be interesting...

Funny that the elevator servo is a PITA, since the helicopter is so large.

You would think that the Gaui servos would be more difficult, since the heli is so much smaller.

JPEE,

Nick answered your question better than I could have...he has lots of electrical expertise!

Evan,

The packs I use on the Gaui won't fit in the CX2 very well, if at all. They are shorter and wider than the CX2 packs, and I don't think they would fit in the CX2 frame.

Heli,

Congrats on the new radio and heli...and don't let the wife see the credit card receipt...LOL! You'll have to keep us informed on how you like the radio and the new heli!

Back from dinner, now it's off to the store here in a few...for my late night Saturday shopping!

Glenn
Old 11-01-2008, 09:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

Back from dinner, now it's off to the store here in a few...for my late night Saturday shopping!

Glenn

Stay out of the gadget section.........
Old 11-01-2008, 10:03 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff...

LMAO...I am going to the GROCERY store...which is safe...

But, I just got back from BEST BUY...which is NOT SAFE...LOL!!

Came home with a WiFi internet radio...LOL...and a hand held weather alert radio...not one, but TWO new toys!!

The worst thing is, this is the SECOND internet radio I bought, got one a couple of weeks ago, and love it so much, I got one for the bedroom too...LOL!

Hey, is your Radio Shack hand held scanner a PRO-96 digital? That's what mine is...and it's SWEET!! But, who in the world needs 5,500 channels???

Gotta go to the SAFE grocery store....no gadgets in there....LOL!!!

Glenn
Old 11-01-2008, 10:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah since the servos are all push pull I have to make sure each link is the correct length so the servo doesn't bind. The top one is easy to get too, but the bottom is very hard. I had to take the main shaft and gear out just to get to that link.

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc
JPEE,

Nick answered your question better than I could have...he has lots of electrical expertise!
I should be since I am going to school to be an electrical engineer. I don't know everything, but I still have plenty of time to learn. I find it fun to help people out with that to make me think and use what I have learned.

Here are the pics.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18082.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1063701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28092.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1063702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95046.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1063703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38312.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1063704  
Old 11-01-2008, 10:06 PM
rotarydoc

LOL, if I ever quit buying GADGETS... I could have a nice BIG helicopter!!

Glenn
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Those pictures are sweet! I can see how crowded it is in there for the elevator servo now...

I guess it's because the frame is made very narrow.

Looks like you are doing an excellent job!

Looks like lots of fun too....I can't wait until I get a kit helicopter, I actually enjoyed just putting the electronics in the Gaui...

So, the battery build is next?

Glenn
Old 11-01-2008, 10:15 PM
JPEE

OK!
I took a picture of my old CX2 Park body. Then I used the magic GLOW IN THE DARK SPRAY, one coat. The instructions say three and to let each one dry, I couldn't as I am kid at heart. Here is what happend if these pics can be seen on your computers.
EDIT: I have come back after looking at the post and the picture does NOT due it justice as it does glow. In fact, if you look down at your screen it can be seen even better. I tipped my laptop screen down and it looked better.

JPee

Name:	Jh16380.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1063711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88644.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1063712  
Old 11-01-2008, 10:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am almost done setting up the tail servo. I have to check real quick to see if that servo has metal gears and if it does then I need to put some locktite on the servo horn screw. I am pretty sure it does have metal gears.

Yeah I think you will enjoy building a kit. It is fun seeing a box full of bags of parts. Then when you get closer to being done and see all the bags are empty it is a good feeling.

Yep the battery is about the last thing I can do right now. So I might start depending how tired I feel soon.

JPEE,

Cool paint on the CX2 body. That paint would make it easier to see a heli for night flying.

Nick
Old 11-01-2008, 10:40 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Its looking good ! I think I remember my dad saying he had a tough time with the elevator servo also... Hey... That's cool your going to school to become an electrical engineer... I didn't know that... That's one big weak area with the heli's, or anything for that matter... I'll remember that when I have a problem maybe understanding some of this stuff which relates to our heli's for sure...

Geez its stormy here... Windier than hek ! Hope my internet connection holds....

Glenn ~

5,500 channels ! YIKES.... You are a gadget freak... LMAO... Go big or go home eh ?! No, mines just the basic $100.00 jobber... Hek, its only 200 channels...LOL...! But it does the trick. Hey... Your talk of the scanner though made me fire it up though ! I haven't used it for quite sometime.... Kinda cool... Yeah hek with all the gadgets you spent on lately, or in a year in general you could have had about 30 heli's.....LMAO... But that's fine... Spread the wealth in all the departments huh....

JPEE ~

That stuff is cool ! I wonder where a feller could buy that at ? I'am tellin ya, catch the neighbor's cat and give er' a dose of some love with that stuff ! LMAO... You could have a killer glow in the dark kitty in the hood.... Yeah, I bet the pic doesn't do it much justice.... But I can see it working very good though...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Name:	Li21250.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1063725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15440.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1063726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90917.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1063727  
Old 11-01-2008, 11:05 PM
JPEE

JEFF, THE CAT WON'T HOLD STILL

Here is a pic of my old old baby, a 200 channel.......still works too.

Nick or Jeff, I'll loook up my purchase date on the 400 #1 tomorrow to see how long that belt gear lasted. Remember she flew great I only discovered this on the crash rebuild.

JPee

Name:	Ca82977.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	1063728  
Old 11-01-2008, 11:06 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Hope your internet holds on! I used to have a scanner very similar to that, but most of the counties around here all went to digital....so I was in the dark with an analog scanner. SO, I bit the bullet, and forked over $499 bucks for the PRO-96...now I can hear alot more stuff, and being digital, it is clear as a bell...no more static and annoying noises. With digital, it's either there, or it's not..no in between with annoying static. I have no idea how anyone would need 5500 channels, but it will store that many!!

Nick,

I am sure I would love the kits. I used to (and still do when I find time) build the electronic kits that you solder all the components on the boards, and make a working project out of them. I enjoy those alot. I forked over the bucks for a nice soldering iron..I noticed you had a HAKKO iron in your pictures... that is a nice one. I went with the Pace ST-25...nice, but very basic. The thing is, a nice iron will last a very long time, and you can get new and different tips for it.

I have even build one very cool kit, called an SMD Christmas tree...it is about 1 inch by 1 inch, with about 15 SMD caps, resistors, LED's and transitors on it.....some very, very small soldering work there!!

Glenn
Old 11-01-2008, 11:08 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Forgot that I was going to post a picture! Here it is...

Glenn

Name:	Ca80522.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1063729  
Old 11-01-2008, 11:22 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool you build electronic kits. I haven't soldered any surface mount stuff yet just the through hole. I think the coolest things I have built from a electronic kit is a AM radio and a voltage regulator. The regulator has a lot of other stuff on it to that I used in my electronics class in high school.

Yeah my dad got that soldering iron at work for $20. I don't remember the whole story, but someone bought a bunch of them and didn't want them anymore. So he got a partially used iron. I like that it is adjustable instead of just having one temp. It makes it a lot easier for small and big wires.

Nick
Old 11-01-2008, 11:53 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I didn't even know my scanner was analog... No wonder there's interference some of the time ! I didn't know also the digital ones perform soooo much better... Thanks for that info... If I ever upgrade, I'll definately be more educated now....

Crap..... I totally forgot we set the clocks back tonight ! LOL.... Its funny, but by the time I usually end up turning back the clock in the Acura, its already time to Spring ahead.... LMAO... At least my cell phone stays current automatically... I use it for my alarm clock anyway for the mornings... Have for years. More reliable, and I have it set to go off three times just in case... Usually an earlier time, then an inbetween, and then one for an o' crap I really need to get up now ! The early one is if I can get up, its early enough at 4:30 A.M. in the morning to check RCU..... LMAO ! The inbetween is the normal time.... The last is the emergency time, and no time to check RCU....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 11-02-2008, 12:24 AM
evdreamer

Well it looks like I will have to use the Tonic-X motor since I didn't know the Align motor has a 6mm shaft and the pinions I have are 5mm for the Tonic-X.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:31 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the kit comes with pinions, but the tooth count is too high to run on 33V. I was going to call it quits a long time ago, but I ended up soldering on the connectors to the motor and ESC. I am about to mount the motor now.

Hope you get good weather and the stock servos hold up for you on the B400.

I might fly depending on how fast I get done with the 600 tomorrow.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.