Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:38 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

I fired the 600 up!!! It is very loud without the blades and it is going to be even louder with them on. But everything is working fine. I just need to mount the electronics and clean up the wires and charge the batteries then I can fly it.

Nick

Nick ~

LOL...! I told ya the noise is fierce...LMAO... Wait until ya put the blades on and give it some juice ! YIKES... Your mom's gonna notice I'am tellin' ya ! I wish I could find one of the short video's of my dads at a hover... The noise is crazy ! I got WAY to many vids on this computer, and I never labeled the vid, so it would take me a year to find it I'am betting... Besides, you'll have yours up and a video shot hopefully soon... Cool...! I called my LHS and pick up those 5-cell Thunder powers tomorrow... I can't wait... Oh, I'am going to miss the MCX....LMAO... I suppose I can fly it though between build breaks... I'am actually really considering on picking even 2 more of those TP Extreme V2's though... While there in stock and such... I think 4 would be great to be able to keep it in the air a little longer. I noticed that with my 450 batts also. As when I hike up to the top to fly, I have 5 3-cells that I can use in it, and its a perfect amount of at least having 4 I noticed... We'll see... Major cash though...

Post a piciture of the 600 with the canopy and everything finally complete when ya get a chance... "The birth of a new Trex 600 ESP".... [8D][8D][8D][8D]

Have a good one Nick,

~ Jeff
Old 11-02-2008, 06:57 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

If I had some double sided tape and the shrinkwrap for the batteries I could have it flight ready in a matter of minutes. I just need to tape down the ESC, receiver, regulator, and put velcro on the bottom plate for the receiver battery. I zip tied as many wires as I could. I just need maybe one more right by the receiver. Yeah I will post some pics tomorrow when I am done.

Are the batteries the last thing you need for the 500? I think 3-4 batts are great for the 450 and 5 is enough for the Gaui to keep me going all day.

Nick
Old 11-02-2008, 07:02 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Congrats on getting that monster fired up!!

I can imagine how loud it is, after hearing the ones at the field, and they were a good distance away, and had blades on them!

You'll have to post some pictures later on when you get the electronics mounted and what not....can't wait to see them!

My day was pretty boring. I went to new (well, new to me) hobby shop that has helis about 12 miles away. It was a pretty cool place, but seemed more geared towards nitro helis, had a couple of Raptor .50's hanging from the ceiling...pretty neat to look at...just about the size of the 600, I would say...

I went to fly the spare B400 and ran into some minor issues...first, the thing just sounded TOO loud, even for higher head speeds...I found that one little section of the blade covering had ripped (kitty chewing?) and was flapping, making a huge amount of noise. When I was looking into that, I noticed that one of the tail blades had broken off about 1/2 inch from the end...have no idea how. I didn't have another blade with me..so I packed it up for the day/weekend.

I'll go get the tail booms from the Post Office tomorrow, and finish the rebuild on the other one.

Glad to hear you got it fired up, bet you are excited now!!!

Glenn
Old 11-02-2008, 07:33 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

After school tomorrow I am going to pick up the charger, my double sided tape, and heatshrink from the post office. And finish off the 600 as soon as I can. And I will post the pics of it and get a video too.

Cool you have a heli shop near you. My LHS isn't big into them and I haven't been to my far on in awhile, but they had an ok sized area for helis which were mostly E-Flite and Align. But it would be nice to see a variety of brands.

Yeah I have had the same problem with my CPP when the blade covering starts to come off. Sorry you couldn't fly the other B400 today.

It is pretty hard not flying the 600 when it is so close to being done. And it doesn't help that it gets dark very soon either.

Nick
Old 11-02-2008, 07:55 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Thanks for your advice. CONGRADULATIONS on the 600 fire up. I have been watching it come along but not responding on every step completed but watching anxiously pulling for you and you've done it!

Glenn,

Wow sorry the 402 let you down. Better spread some chile pepper on those blades to kitty away lol. Kids will be kids I say. I too was set to fly and then after the rain here today is got pretty windy. Like you I am not affaid of the wind anymore but.........why go out like that when you dont have to. If I were at the park and it came fine. But drive over there, nah! I have spend time today replacing the chassis on 402 and it appears to be the like Jeff building the 500. I could not believe it when the entire heli was in a jillion pieces on the bench that really was a helicopter. Heck pull the blades and canopy and theres nothing there. I do feel good now chekcing every bearing and every part by site and feel. I found a small nick in my motor wire, I guess from sliding it off and on the motor. Some heat shrink and she was sealed tight. I don't want any arcing of power to something else electronic.

Jeff, your just about there aren't you....................good on you too.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:19 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Your welcome.

I noticed the canopy is touching the servo horns and main gear, so I am trying to expand it right now. I read somewhere if you put a towel between the canopy and the object and heat it up the canopy should stay in that spot. I will see soon when it is cooled down.

Nick
Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff, your just about there aren't you....................good on you too.
LOL.... Nope... Haven't touched a thing yet.... During the week maybe... I usually take my sweet time as I'am anal about everything, but it will also be hard during the week as I'am usually beat tired after work, and don't really like to work on my heli's when I'am like that to eliminate being sloppy on anything...Plus someone take this MCX away from me...LMAO... Its not helping either.

Nick ~

My dads canopy also rubs on the main gear... Simple fix... Eliminate the canopy....LOL...! No, but really... Guys were either putting something like a dowel or something to 'stretch' the sides apart and popping it in the oven with the door open to make the canopy then form in that postion, (Wait until your moms sleeping...) or if it was me, I wouldn't be putting in my oven (LOL) but just heating the fiberglass up very carefully with say maybe a heat gun or something... Let it cool, and your sides should have the 'memory' then of the sides being pushed out a tad, as the dowel or whatever ya have will have bumped those sides out before doing this, if that makes sense... I suck at explaining things I know.... LMAO...

Take care guys ! Everyone order a 600 ESP !....OH..... We can wish then....

~ Jeff
Old 11-02-2008, 08:42 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I understood what you were talking about. I have a towel folded once and put it over my servos and main gear then took my heat gun and my temp gauge and took it up to 200 degrees and hope it helps. Last time I only went to 150 and it didn't do much. If this time it doesn't work should I increase the heat and if so how much?

Nick
Old 11-02-2008, 08:52 PM
evdreamer

I just took it up to 250 degrees and I started to melt the paint. But before it looked like it now clears the main gear and almost clears the servo horns. It would probably help if I put the servos in like the manual showed, but I would then need servo extensions.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Not really sure... I would be more concerned with the paint being affected by the heat than the glass however... My mom and step dad have there own fiberglass business in Washington making kayaks and full size statues and such, and I know the fiberglass can handle a lot of heat... Back when I had my yellow CRX, and hit a deer on the freeway, I even repaired my radiator once with a fiberglass patch on the top side by the cap, as that's all I had for materials... It held for years until I finally sold the car... Plus the radiator was some form of plastic ! And glass doesn't adhere to well with plastic, but I prepped the crap out of it... And the radiator on that little car got pretty hot. Hey... I do remember now on the Trex forum here last year also of a guy not using the dowel (You reminded me with your towel) but he stuffed like a towel or whatever in the canopy to stretch it and then he put it in the oven just to get a even heat around the whole canopy until it would memorize that form... I don't know how hot he set it for, but I would leave the door open maybe ? Broil ? Maybe not so hot in the oven, but longer in the oven ? Just be careful, as you don't want to hurt or destroy your canopy, and I don't want you to either... Remember when you add MEKP (catalyst) to the fiberglass resin, it gets pretty warm anyway until it 'kicks' and hardens the cloth or matt of the fiberglass... And depending on the temp and humidity, if you added to much MEKP it would actually crackle or catch fire. It would and could get hot, but it never really harmed it any.... Just watch the paint on the canopy... And try to displace the heat in an even from around the selected area. Not so much in one spot... This is why maybe the oven thing isn't such a bad idea with the towel, even though it may sound harsh...

Try a search on the REX forum.... It was last year that I read a thread regarding the 600's canopy and rubbing on the main gear/servos...

Good luck...

~ Jeff
Old 11-02-2008, 09:10 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Thanks for the info. I tried it again with the heat gun keeping it around 200 and I folded the towel twice. And I kept the heat on longer than before.

My Dad now knows about the 600. He kept asking me all day how I was going to fit the A123 batteries into the 450 and I was vague about my answer. So I just pointed to it and he thinks it is pretty cool.

Nick
Old 11-02-2008, 09:17 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Good deal..... Your dad is gonna think its even cooler when he sees it in flight. Hek.... He just may pull up the ol' lounge chair with a beer and watch ya a few times.... And then that's when it hits..... And he starts thinking, geez.... I want one of these things..... And then they all think you can learn to fly one on a weekend...LMAO....

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Old 11-02-2008, 09:28 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I have tried to get him to fly the CX or the Alpha 40 on a buddy box at the flying field, but he is too afraid of crashing. So I don't try anymore, since he cleary doesn't want to try.

Nick
Old 11-02-2008, 09:34 PM
evdreamer

I just weighed both of my 5S batteries and they are both 413g each. For a total of 826g.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:39 PM
evdreamer

So that is 81g heavier than a 6S 5000mAh LiPo or 42g heavier than a 8S 4200mAh battery. But it is still lighter than the 6S 6000mAh Outrage LiPo battery for the 600.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

I just weighed both of my 5S batteries and they are both 413g each. For a total of 826g.

Nick ~

Hek those aren't that heavy like I thought as you said before they were a little heavier than a lipo... That's nothing huh ? I know my 5-cell TP's are right at that weight ! http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=6254

And also your running actually lighter I believe... As you can see the Thunder Power 10-cell lipo's 5000 mah weigh 1198 grams ! http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=7997

Crap.... did ya see the price on that thing ! LMAO.... For that price I bet you could have a buttload of the A123 cells huh ? Cool deal for sure.....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 11-02-2008, 09:59 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

As Finless would say I would hate to "Taco" that 10S pack. But my capacity is a little less than half of the TP pack at 10S(33.3V) 2300mAh 826g. I was snooping around readyheli and FlightPower's 6S 5000mAh battery is only 26g less than mine. But my setup has 100W more power than the stock 22.2V and 650L motor. But I keep hearing that I should go to a 12S setup, so that would add another 140g.

Nick
Old 11-02-2008, 10:05 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

nice to hear your fired it up, and im sure you will be flying soon. Im still waiting on the dx6i and ar6100 to come in, prob this week though. The heli I bought was used, its really nice, but I'm not sure whats wrong with it, I took it out to fire it up and it spools up but when you apply more throttle to hover, the tail breaks loose and it spins in 360's, I tried messing around with the trims and messing around with the gain on the head lock gyro, but I can't seem to find what it is. I checked the swash to see if it was level, blade tracking, and level flybar paddles all the usual, but can't seem to figure it out, it is my first belt driven helicopter so maybe its something I don't know much about, any of you guys might know what it could be? thanks in advance
Old 11-02-2008, 10:07 PM
HeliStyle

o shoot, do you think it could be the rudder switch on the fm radio that it came with, the guy said he has to put in on reverse to use on a sim, if I put it back to normal you think it could solve the problem?
Old 11-02-2008, 10:10 PM
JPEE

Heli,
SORRY HELI, I thought you had a blade 400. But whatever you have the rudder or gyro can be reversed.

The same thing happened when I bought my second 400 of Ebay. With the heli on and trans on move your rudder stick laft to right and see if the rear rotor blades turn the right way. Next try Reversing" the gryo. There is a little blue sliding switch on the right side looking tail to front. PM if you need more help. Also "check" to make sure the gyro is plugged into the receiver under the tail servo area.

JPee
Old 11-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Evan T.

Yeah try doing that it should be the prob
Old 11-02-2008, 10:38 PM
HeliStyle

well I wont beable to tell till tommorrw, seeing I snipped the connector on the end of the esc to put on deans plug on it, ill keep you guys posted I really hope thats what it is, how is everyone else doing?
Old 11-02-2008, 10:45 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah "Taco" that pack would be bad... Funny... I remember him saying that ! That's just way to much for my budget ever though.... $550.00 for a lipo battery ? Sorry, no way.... I can have just as much fun with a 450 or even a toy like the MCX for that matter... I would definately just go the A123 route for sure then also... No question in my mind there...

For all you MCX lovers out there, I was able to sneak a flight outside today... It was raining lightly in the video, hard to tell but it went well... I had to stop at the end, as the drops started to get bigger ! YIKES.... But I did another mod to the esc board which made it canter in an angle so that it then makes the swash linkages parallel with the servos like they should be anyway... They made our Vapors parallel, not sure why they didn't do this with the MCX as it will offer better swash control, as we use the same concept with our 450's servos and such 90 degree's etc. etc. Soloboss had suggested the concept, and I applied it to the test video below... Much better to say the least...

I'd watch it in high quality as if ya don't its quite blurry.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vesKxbhXBOY

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 11-02-2008, 10:57 PM
HeliStyle

my next heli is forsure a 450 for christmas but maybe Ill pick up a mcx sooner or later lol
Old 11-02-2008, 11:05 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Sorry to hear the problems with the new heli...sounds like a switch in the wrong direction...hopefully that is all it is.

Great to hear that you are getting a bigger heli for Christmas, you won't regret it!

I didn't get much done today in the way of helis, I posted earlier...I am going to finish rebuilding my original B400 this week, and get it ready for next weekend.

I flew my spare one for a little while today, but had a couple of minor issues, and didn't want to do any damage to it if possible. I still don't trust the stock servos 100%....

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.