Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Rumours

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Rumours

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 06:40 AM
WrenTurbines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rumours

It has come to our attention that there may be rumours going around about Wren, because last night a JetCat helicopter owner posted this on a turbine helicopter forum:
"Put a Jetcat in it, by the sounds of it you won't be able to buy parts for the Wren soon anyway. If you are happy to wait a couple of years you might be able to get it going again. "

This is very worrying because it infers that we may be going out of business in the near future. It is completely untrue.

I would like to reassure everybody that Wren have every intention of being here for a long time. The company is in a strong position, we can sell every engine we produce and have lots of happy customers. The only problem we have had was three years ago with the supply of turbine wheels, but that was resolved some time ago and we have several hundred here in stock.

I am puzzled as to why anyone would post something like this because it appears to be a deliberate attempt to discredit us. I can only think that people are starting rumours in an effort to stop helicopter or jet fliers buying our engines. That would be very sad.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines Ltd
Old 03-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Big Tony

Default RE: Rumours

Sara,

If your selling every engine you make I wouldn't worry about the s**t stirs as most people know wren seem to be doing very well especially now you off loaded that free loading sponsored flier call - eeerrr what was his name James Pretsher or John Metcher oohh well .

ONLY JOKING ex sponsored flier AS WELL YOU KNOW.

Stir stir stir

Ant over and out
Old 03-07-2006, 11:06 AM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: WrenTurbines

It has come to our attention that there may be rumours going around about Wren, because last night a JetCat helicopter owner posted this on a turbine helicopter forum:
"Put a Jetcat in it, by the sounds of it you won't be able to buy parts for the Wren soon anyway. If you are happy to wait a couple of years you might be able to get it going again. "

This is very worrying because it infers that we may be going out of business in the near future. It is completely untrue.

I would like to reassure everybody that Wren have every intention of being here for a long time. The company is in a strong position, we can sell every engine we produce and have lots of happy customers. The only problem we have had was three years ago with the supply of turbine wheels, but that was resolved some time ago and we have several hundred here in stock.

I am puzzled as to why anyone would post something like this because it appears to be a deliberate attempt to discredit us. I can only think that our competitors are starting rumours in an effort to stop people buying our engines. That sounds like an act of desperation ... please draw your own conclusions.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines Ltd
Sara

Do you have the url of the post?. If it was posted here on RCU, I would like to be directed to the post.

Regards

Ben
Old 03-07-2006, 11:15 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Sara,
Be sure to inform the admin on whatever forum that post is from, it is IMO slander and is not only probably against that forums rules, but probably illegal as well. Sounds to me like one of the proud "my engine is better than yours" trying to make any competition sound like it's bad simply because they feel that what they own is the ultimate best, I've seen that in many of the hobbies I do.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:33 AM
The boys Back

Sara, the best response to this would be to quietly go back into the workshop and produce something new, to blow all the competition and its rumour starters off the planet!

every Wren customer knows that the level of back up is exemplary. i own many turbines off most manufacturers and i am not saying any are bad (far from it) but the service from wren is second to none!!

chin up.

Dave Stephens
Old 03-07-2006, 11:46 AM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Rutter The Nutter

Sara,

If your selling every engine you make I wouldn't worry about the s**t stirs as most people know wren seem to be doing very well especially now you off loaded that free loading sponsored flier call - eeerrr what was his name James Pretsher or John Metcher oohh well .

ONLY JOKING ex sponsored flier AS WELL YOU KNOW.

Stir stir stir

Ant over and out

Nutter you are a lad arn't you...... not.

Yours the Ex free loader Jason Fletcher

P.S

Can't wait till my shiney new 44 gold turns up.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:35 PM
ghost_rider

Ok, here is my ruling on this one:

The post in question did not originate from RCU but from another forum.

FWIW, I am surprised that you would want to feed the troll from the other site by cross posting his nonsense into your big customer base forum here on RCU.

As far as I know, there are only two heli turbine manufacturers (Wren & JetCat) and by saying that a competitor is sanctioning the post without direct proof IMOH is an indirect accusation of JetCat.

In consideration with the forgoing and notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, I will let you decide on if you want this thread to stay or removed. It is your decision and we would do whatever you deem necessary.

Since your competitor was mentioned in your post as sanctioning the rumor, they are allowed to post a rebuttal in this thread if they choose if you decide to keep this thread alive

The Court is now adjourned. (lol and pun intended)

This ruling could be appealed to higher authorities by sending a PM to the RCadmin and referencing this thread.

ORIGINAL: ghost_rider

I am puzzled as to why anyone would post something like this because it appears to be a deliberate attempt to discredit us. I can only think that our competitors are starting rumours in an effort to stop people buying our engines. That sounds like an act of desperation ... please draw your own conclusions.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines Ltd
Sara

Do you have the url of the post?. If it was posted here on RCU, I would like to be directed to the post.

Regards

Ben
Old 03-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Topgun2mo
My Feedback: (45)

[quote]ORIGINAL: ghost_rider

As far as I know, there are only two heli turbine manufacturers (Wren & JetCat) and by saying that a competitor is sanctioning the post without direct proof IMOH is an indirect accusation of JetCat.

[quote]ORIGINAL: ghost_rider

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines Ltd
Ben I believe no accusation was made. There is a BIG difference between saying "JetCat" made that statement vs. "a JetCat helicopter owner" made that statement. I don't see where JetCat has anything to defend. JMO
Old 03-07-2006, 01:01 PM
ghost_rider

ORIGINAL: Topgun2mo

Ben I believe no accusation was made. There is a BIG difference between saying "JetCat" made that statement vs. "a JetCat helicopter owner" made that statement. I don't see where JetCat has anything to defend. JMO
Here you go.... direct quote from first thread:

"I can only think that our competitors are starting rumours in an effort to stop people buying our engines."
Old 03-07-2006, 02:28 PM
TREADSTONE

ORIGINAL: ghost_rider

Here you go.... direct quote from first thread:

"I can only think that our competitors are starting rumours in an effort to stop people buying our engines."
There are and always will be, Turbine manufacturers that regard Wren with envious eyes. However they seldom have the Technical knowledge, abillity or buisiness acumen that that Wren have made a halmark of there opperation.

Personally i was up with the Wren workforce just a couple of weeks ago..As usual the place was a hive of activity ..

Maybee not all turbine manufactureres are doing quite as well .....
Old 03-07-2006, 02:46 PM
cairoman

Ben,

As far as I know there are THREE Heli engine makers: Wren, Jetcat and Jakadofsky.

Chris
Old 03-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Gazzer

Ben,

I would never wish to be a moderator and IMHO you really try hard to be spot on and neutral.[sm=thumbup.gif]

Its my interpretation and I am being very contright that one statement by Sara is a quote off another site where a particular manufacturer is mentioned, but the statement is from a 3rd party therefore not able to be "accused". The second statement refers non specifically to "competitors". Whilst we may conclude individually that this could be an inference to Jetcat, I could argue to the contrary that it is in fact two statements, seperately made, and thus are not linked, and is plural and does not mention helicopter power plants which would be the linkage. Again you could and I am sure would make your own mind up. Spot the Bobby!!!![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Its very unusual for Wren to get involved in such a discussion, in fact I can't recall an instance before, but I think sometimes you have to make your view clear and sometimes silence is more damning, and this shows the guys are real and human. In doing so, yes everyone may have the right to dispute and place their contrary view, or opinion like I have!!

The edited post from Sara in my view clears perception, and is not in my view diversionary or aquiscent, but less provocative, again a positive trait from a world leading company, whose custom from me is assured on quality and service. But that is my view and position, not all may agree.

I view the market on the number of special offers, and new products which often more accurately reflect the status of manufacturer, desperate or otherwise.......

Repsectfully M'lud,

Gazzer
Old 03-07-2006, 06:33 PM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gazzer

If you are going to impress us with the clever words please invest in a spell checker

By "contright" I presume you meant "contrite" and I can only assume "aquiscent" was meant to be "aquiescent", even correctly spelled your post is as clear as mud. Remember ,"less is more".

Can we look forward to you getting airborne anytime soon?

John
Old 03-07-2006, 07:10 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

YA! Speak ENGLISH for crissakses!............

John
Old 03-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

John:

At first read, Gazzer's note is most incomprehensible....but after 3 pints and a Courvoisier chaser it all became quite clear.....Sara is to pop up to Covent Garden, make a deal on a 20 cm Victorian Lady Hatpin, and proceed to implant it, up to the faux-pearl hilt, into the starboard arse cheek of the Turbine Helicopter provocateur.........

But Sara must do it promptly as I have an SS on order, and want no delays in shipment.......in fact, I would appreciate being bumped ahead of my friend Jason's 44 Gold in the production que, as he has had more than 2 years of enjoyment with these little jewels of the crown already, and I have had none, save for the unfortunate alligator hunt at Lake Wales.....[]

Tom

My Kit-built MK III serving as tail-weight on my ARF BobCat while roughing in the C.G. until I receive the SS.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96879.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	422346  
Old 03-07-2006, 10:49 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tom,

UH Huh, Dats wut I'm talk'in bout!.....Xacly!

John
Old 03-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Jai Young Shim
My Feedback: (2)

Hi, Sara,

As far as I had experienced of Wren Turbines since 1998, I am the one of happiest guy to use Wren with not only excellent engines but also most attended service! I assembled four Wren kit engines and one turbo prop engine for myself and my friend.
Every time when I enjoy the works, I asked question to Mike, Roger, Sarah, all of who were so kind and nice to help me.

I can say here without hesitation that Wren is the top quality company, technically or commercially and should never cease operation in the future. I am really proud of themselves. My Tomcat with twin MW54 engines flew beautifully without a single flaw!

Turbo prop engine which I had assembled for my friend is running perfectly with 22X10 carbon three blades upto 6,000 rpm. We are going to fly the big Extra with this engine on board this spring!

I alwasy admire and respect Mike Murphy's creative idea and expertise on this size of micro turbines!

No politics, No slander please!

With my very best regards to all of your Wren team!

Jai Young Shim / Tomcat and jet mania in Korea
Old 03-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Peter A
My Feedback: (34)

ORIGINAL: Jai Young Shim
No politics, No slander
Jai Young Shim / Tomcat and jet mania in Korea
I agree, the best running Turboprop in the world, WREN leads and the rest copy and follow.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:28 AM
TREADSTONE

ORIGINAL: Tom Antlfinger

At first read, Gazzer's note is most incomprehensible....but after 3 pints and a Courvoisier chaser it all became quite clear.....Sara is to pop up to Covent Garden, make a deal on a 20 cm Victorian Lady Hatpin, and proceed to implant it, up to the faux-pearl hilt, into the starboard arse cheek of the Turbine Helicopter provocateur.........

Tom
Great stuff Tom .....
ORIGINAL: john agnew

Gazzer

If you are going to impress us with the clever words please invest in a spell checker

By "contright" I presume you meant "contrite" and I can only assume "aquiscent" was meant to be "aquiescent", even correctly spelled your post is as clear as mud. Remember ,"less is more".

Can we look forward to you getting airborne anytime soon?

John

But... in defence of The Right honourable Sir Gazzer St Swinbourne QC.... I spoke to him last night out of chambers....... he is under a great deal of pressure at the moment .....due to go to Florida in a few weeks and in an effort to get the Herculean Phisique in tip top shape[:-].... the exercise bike has been pressed into service....[:@]....However on the Uphill Ben Nevis section of the training routine....the double row Duplex chain sheared ...[]...maybee he was plannig to go have a word with Monarch of the Glen...... Agnew....
Old 03-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Gazzer

Laird Agnew,

I bow to the excellent and correctness of your post, in that so far as language attrition, did I verily contribute a dastardly perpetuation of incomprehensibility, woeful inaacuracy which created a distain of proportion from you and thus succinctly I fecilitate my apologies.

Nah az too spel chekin wot u sayn, is lyk i carnt foorm mee wordz ore sumat?? And Gaelic is easier right?

Less can be more but not when it comes to picking apart slander[X(]

And yes more time building would help, but it was very cold in the garage last night!![:@]

Long live the Queen!

Gazzer

Old 03-08-2006, 10:07 AM
HenryRG

WREN TURBINES

I think they had no option but to make the statement they did. The sort of comment complained about is very damaging and has to be jumped on immediately and without compromise. The alternative is the rumour snowballs and becomes self fullfilling.

JETCAT SUPPORTERS

The term "QUIS BONO" was invented by Roman lawyers 2000 years ago and simply means "who benefits". Most modellers will simply condemn negative campaigns as damaging to the whole hobbyand will associate the guy who benefits as having slung the mud directly or indirectly. It undermines customer's confidence in both parties and does JETCAT no good at all. Equally damaging are inaccurate claims on weight, fuel consumption and thrust for the same reasons. I hope as a result of this debate that over-enthusiastic owners and marketeers recognise the damage they do and keep to the more positive approach.

I have one or more turbines from both parties and I both appreciate and admire the development work put into them. I enjoy my jet flying and would like it stay that way.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:27 AM
john agnew

Tom

You will love the SS. I started with a 54 Mk3 which is an excellent turbine but the SS is in another league. It is not so much the extra power but the spool up from cruise to max rpm is like a glow motor, there is none of the cheek clenching feeling if you have to do a go around

Enjoy!

John
Old 03-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Gazzer

off topic

Correct me if I'm wrong but you have had MW54, SS and MW44? Sorry not to be building, I'm working![X(]

Gazzer
Old 03-08-2006, 11:18 AM
john agnew

Gazzer

off topic

The hanger currently contains, MW 44 , SS and Merlin 170, sold the 54Mk3 to a clubmate. Bought the Merlin after long discussion with Wren who rate it as the most sophisticated mid-sized turbine on the market, 11lbs more thrust than a Jetcat P120, better fuel consumption for equivalent thrust, and a much faster spool up, it is also less expensive.

All I need now is a 40lb plus test stand, maybe TS could fabricate one of his hardwood specials for me.

John
Old 03-08-2006, 11:54 AM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Tom Antlfinger

But Sara must do it promptly as I have an SS on order, and want no delays in shipment....in fact, I would appreciate being bumped ahead of Jason's 44 Gold in the production que, as he has had more than 2 years of enjoyment with these little jewels of the crown already, and I have had none, save for the unfortunate alligator hunt at Lake Wales.....[]

Tom

Tom,

Its actually three years now!, time does fly.. I think they have stopped building your SS now just to spend a few days on my lovely 44 Gold... Never mind Tom, I will deliver it to you at Majorca Talking about Majorca are you coming?

jason

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.