Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

" WILDHARE CLUB "

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Stick2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default " WILDHARE CLUB "

This post is for the gang that hangs out in the Wildhare forum!

Since we can no longer communicate with each other in that
forum , lets start a posting post for all Wildhare planes here.
By keeping all the discussions under this post , we can again
provide help and feed back on one of our favorite topics!

I for one liked reading and posting ideas and help on this
subject. Enough said!!

Please post pictures , suggestions and any thing related to our
discussions in the "Other" forum. We can still ask Tom specific
questions in the WildHare forum.

Stick2K
Old 02-06-2005, 12:42 PM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

Default RE: " WILDHARE CLUB "

So I guess now I can post this kind of pictures here, which got me removed from the WH forum way back!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53659.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	225718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31137.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	225719  
Old 02-06-2005, 12:45 PM
cap10b

Sounds Good to me, here are some WH giles 202 from various club members in my area which is Tom Faucetts area as well. We all know Tom personally and really appreciate his efforts not just as a hobby company but as a club member and fellow rc flyer and modeler.

Thanks

jds
ps I have a Red and white one not shown, hope to be
airborne soon with pics.

Name:	Rp44837.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	225720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39091.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	225721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86194.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	225722  
Old 02-06-2005, 12:56 PM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

Since I dont have my Fuselage yet I was wondering on the Edge 28% what the distance from the elevator hinge line to the elevator output shaft? or the rear of the servo tray????

I got more pictures related with the WH edge

Name:	Ki18612.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	225723  
Old 02-06-2005, 08:52 PM
BobbyRichardson

You guys with a 28% Wildhare and a DA 50 which prop have you found to have the most thrust for 3D work. Also what brand do you prefer?
Old 02-06-2005, 10:13 PM
serge1
My Feedback: (1)

A new LX popped out of the box !!

Name:	Zx70605.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	225882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88697.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	225883  
Old 02-07-2005, 01:23 AM
FlyM

I found a lot of information on the Wildhare Support very useful. There was a free flow of information but it was on topic. Most of it pertained to and help me finish my 28% Extra. A lot of it was about things that I would not have asked a question. BY the way have you noticed the long topic on lipo batteries. Why is it in the Giant RC section. Shouldn't it be in the battery section? If I get banned from RCU, I can still read posts can't I?

RCAdmin's comparison of there search engine with Google is a joke. I sure hope the moderator was smiling when he wrote that. I had a good laugh.

Loyd
Old 02-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Futurase
My Feedback: (10)

Bobby,
Nothing will match the thrust of a 23x8 Mejzlik. I have a 24x8 Menz and my engine spins it 200 RPM more. Nothing loads like a stiff carbon prop. There is like zero noise from my Mejzlik. My Edge with DA is not that fast across the sky, but it will go just as fast vertical as it will horizontal[sm=lol.gif]

A 23x8 Mejzlik is hands down THE prop for 3D. That is DA's roccomendation as well. For IMAC use a Mejzlik 22x8 or 10.

Norman Ross Jr.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad to see that this "Giant Scale" thread has popped up. Good thinking and let's keep it going. Every day the "Wild Hare Club" grows by a few more members, it seems. Maintaining the ability to share the combined knowledge of those who have already assembled and flown the 28% planes is extremely beneficial to the newcomers.

My thanks to Stick2000 and all of you that came up with this idea.

Pat
Old 02-07-2005, 02:36 AM
blue ice
My Feedback: (6)

I would like to join you guys in the "Wild Hare Club" but I cant make my mind up which plane to order, the 300LX or the Extra Special. I found a good deal on a used Special but its not really the color scheme I want, so I think I will have to pass on it. Saves me a 500 mile drive 1 way also. I have a new Taurus TS52 sitting here just waiting for a plane to put it on. I know I better hurry and make my mind up or they will be all gone before they even get here. I have looked at Wild Hare's website a hundred times and still cant make up my mind. LX or Special, LX or Special, LX or Special. I know I would like to learn 3d so it sounds like the LX is the one I want. I have a 29% AW Edge with a BME on it now I bought used last summer as my first gasser, but it has been flown quite a bit. I think the new Taurus will perform a lil bit better. Any suggestions?
Thanks, blue ice.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:13 AM
RustyTumbles

Do you guys know how I can get one of the wild hare planes into Australia? I was looking at one for my next project, but no one sells them here. Col Taylor models was selling them, but I think they are all gone.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:47 AM
euclid

Hi Bigsport, had one shipped directly from Thailand into Sydney. No damage, only took about 1 week. No worries whatsoever. Costs a fair bit though, US$150. Despite that though, well worth it. Best looking plane I've seen, goes together like a dream, and extremely well made. Havent flown it yet, taking my time and savouring the moment, kinda like a decent scotch
If you've got any queries, or want a look, give me a yell.

Cheers
Mike
Old 02-07-2005, 06:02 AM
geneh-RCU

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who makes a nice spinner that will fit the WH Edge that I wont have to take out a second mortgage on the house to buy? I would love to have one of the nice Carbon fiber spinners but don't want to spend that much right now.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:19 AM
marshallcowboy
My Feedback: (14)

Call Tom at WH I got my spinner a Dave Brown Vortex for around 40 bucks shipped to my house. It was precut to fit my props 22x10.
MC
Old 02-07-2005, 09:41 AM
mvigod
Banned

This thread was a good idea guys. See was that so hard? I still don't understand why a small handful of members don't get "it" but based on most of the feedback I have received most everyone actually does understand that "direct support" means exactly that. There may come a day where we do offer vendor specific forums for "discussions" pertinent to those companies and their products but again the simple "Direct Support" concept was not made for this. As always we are investigating if, how and when we could do this and what the downsides of such vendor specific forums are.

For those of you who did not like the enforcement of our direct support rule (which btw has been in place since direct support forums were made..this was nothing new. Only that certain forums were a bit lax in enforcement) here are some of the possible downsides of vendor specific forums.

1) FACT: Too many forums will kill a discussion site faster then too few. Once you start getting granular with 500-1000 forums it becomes difficult to navigate a forum site and even more unwieldy to find what your looking for. All fine when there are just 15 or 20 support forums right? You can find your WildHare forum out of the 240 or so forums we have here. Well what about the new guy that comes to rcu and now has to search among perhaps 1000 vendor forums or more? IF we do it for one then we should do it for all, right? This also tends to lower the post and read counts in forums because now members are not exposed to threads that may actually interest them but they will never see because who the heck is going to enter 1000 forums to browse?

2) In this forum more people will actually see the information who might not have otherwise. I already know of 1 member where this just happened. Had it not been for our enforcement they would never even know about a particular wildhare product. Other forums like radiocontrolzone have single threads on cars that number in the thousands of posts. This model is a good one. Rather then create a forum for every vendor just create a thread for the product or vendor and run with it.

3) Other major forum sites that have proven success also parallel our model. IF success leaves clues then we are doing the right thing here. RCU has consistently grown since the day the doors opened by being very diligent about what forums to add and which ones not to add. Too little or too many is the kiss of death. The consistent increase in daily visitors, post count, page views, etc is a testament to the fact that the formula's we use do in fact serve the membership properly despite the fact that many may not think so at first blush if they have not run a site of this magnitude and considered the variables as well as cause and effect of certain actions.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS NOTE OF MINE. IF YOU WANT TO COMMENT DO IT IN PM SO THAT THIS THREAD MAY CONTINUE ON WITH THE SUBJECT ORIGINALLY INTENDED. I JUST WANTED TO ILLUSTRATE THE REASONS FOR THOSE WHO COME IN LATE TO THIS DISCUSSION WHICH STARTED IN THE WH FORUM.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Tired Old Man

The Edge will perform 3D just a little bit easier than the Extras', but for all intents and purposes the differences are so small as to not matter. Which ever choice you make will be a good one, and provide you with a plane that will make your learning process easy.

Spinners

As for spinner choices that won't break the bank, there are several. If you need to add nose weight consider a Dave Brown spinner. A somewhat lighter spinner can be had from World Models. If you want to stay on the lighter side, Kangke makes a two different types in their "Revolution" line of spinners. At the moment, Wild Hare is marketing the DB spinners, and as was noted, can be obtained pre cut for a propeller.

Pat
Old 02-07-2005, 11:22 AM
F1race79

What happen to the WH forum?????
Old 02-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Tired Old Man

It was taken over by a higher authority. A link to a new location in an unrestricted discussion forum will be available soon, so bear with us. If you're willing to get, down on the deck, I'm sure you will find it.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:40 AM
mvigod
Banned

Tom has stated he will no longer offer direct support here on RCU and will do it elsewhere. As such I removed the WildHare forum and moved all of the posts/content into the giant scale forum. You can check his site for info on his new personal forum as he updates it. It will not be updated here.

Anyone can of course continue to discuss WildHare products (or any companies products) in our forums as it has always been, but tom's intention was not to offer direct support obviously for his products in his direct support forum as other manufacturers here do. As explained, the ONLY purpose for our DIRECT SUPPORT FORUMS were for direct customer to manufacturer communication. A place where an rcu member could post and get an anser from the company instead of calling or emailing them. This also provided an archive of answers FROM the company on an official capacity.

Tom may still answer direct questions asked of him in our regular forums as has always been the case but a member is now no longer guaranteed a response ONLY from tom of wildhare as would have been the case in the direct support forum. There is also no committment from WildHare to man and answer questions on their products asked by customers which is the deal I make with companies when we setup DIRECT SUPPORT FORUMS on rcu. Any company that requests a manufacturer direct support forum must field questions on a timely basis. Those who do not do so we remove their forums.

I have asked that tom reconsider his decision and that we continue a direct support forum where he can officially respond to members that wish to receive support from the company directly.

marc
Old 02-07-2005, 11:47 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

I always thought he seemed very responsive. And, the general population exchanged a lot of good infor there, in a nice convenient place.

The forum will be missed.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:49 AM
mvigod
Banned

It was not that he was not responsive. The only change we policed in there was that members could not answer on his behalf. That was it. This apparently was not acceptable to tom. take it up with him.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:54 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Marc,

You seem a bit on edge.

I just made a general observation, no need for me to "take it up with" anyone.

Since you brought up the change however, can we expect the radio support forums to experience the same thing soon?
Old 02-07-2005, 12:07 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: P-51B

Marc,

You seem a bit on edge.

I just made a general observation, no need for me to "take it up with" anyone.

Since you brought up the change however, can we expect the radio support forums to experience the same thing soon?
The moderators should be monitoring those forums as well to ensure that the company is responding directly to questions and not the general membership. This has been policy since day one for these forums although the enforcement at times was missing. It should have never gotten as out of hand as it has.

The funny thing is that without a support forum members and mfg's can still discuss the threads as before. The only difference in this particular case is that a thread will be found under Giant Scale instead of another forum title "Wild Hare" and that they are now no longer guaranteed an exclusive response from the vendor (by their decision).

So in summary the two downsides are that you:

1) No longer guaranteed company response
2) Might have to do a search for a thread or browse through a few extra threads

On the plus side:
1) In giant scale you will get more answers and responses from members
2) Vendor can still answer your questions as before
3) You can always subscribe to any thread to follow it

THAT SAID THIS ISSUE IS CLOSED. OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE ORIGINAL POSTER OF THIS THREAD PLEASE CONTINUE THIS THREAD ON THE TRACK THAT HE INTENDED. ALL OTHER OFF TOPIC REPLIES WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING. IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS REGARDING THIS POST OR ANY OF MY EXPLANATIONS IN THE POSTS ABOVE PLEASE SEND THEM VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:04 PM
serge1

Sad to hear this....
Old 02-07-2005, 01:54 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Tom has stated he will no longer offer direct support here on RCU and will do it elsewhere. As such I removed the WildHare forum and moved all of the posts/content into the giant scale forum. You can check his site for info on his new personal forum as he updates it.
No I didn't say that, at least I didn't mean to say that or possibly what I said was misunderstood. I said that I would be operating another support forum in parallel that allows discussion, I never said I would not monitor this one and answer questions.

If they'll put it (the Wild Hare support forum) back up, I'll continue to answer questions here as long as there are questions.

Just FYI about this, while I prefer to have open discussion, it was never my intent do discontinue the support forum here. Why RCU is doing this I don't know, but it's their sandbox and if they want to kick the sand out, I can't stop them.

Tom Fawcett
Wild Hare R/C

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.