Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Airpower EV5U-PRO/EVO Update....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Airpower EV5U-PRO/EVO Update....

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:20 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airpower EV5U-PRO/EVO Update....

Hi Guys,
Just a quick post on the Airpower EV5U-PRO / EVO Multifunction Valve...

The Airpower EV5U-Pro is a brilliant device, providing a huge host of features in a small footprint. Unfortunately; we have experienced numerous failures with the sensitive pressure sensors built in for pressure display and failsafe reading.
We have finally sourced and updated the pressure sensors in the EV5U with a far superior quality unit. In-house testing has not shown any further sensor failures even when subjected to high moisture content. We have also updated the software providing a gear failsafe function disable. Even if the sensor should fail for some reason; the valve can still operate regardless of pressure reading allowing you to continue to fly without interruption.
We will now include moisture traps with all EV5U-PRO/EVO Modules as an additional precaution however; We are quite confident the reliability issue has been resolved.
To disable the Failsafe feature on the newest revision, just enter the programing menu and while on the failsafe pressure setting press both Inc/Dec buttons at the same time. Display will show two dashes for failsafe setting value, then exit programming.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Airpower EV5U-PRO/EVO Update....

Todd, when did you update the valve and the software? I just bought two of them from you along with the moisture traps.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:54 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Todd,

Are the older ones up-dateable ???? ( Is that a word ) ?????

Danno
Old 12-17-2011, 07:43 AM
lov2flyrc

don,
You should have the latest revision, you can tell by the silver dot on the corner of the box or by testing the fail safe disable function. I have been sending out the new revision on recent orders.
Danno, we are not able to update them... The new sensor required a change to the circuit board.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:46 PM
gonzalom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd,

What we should do? I bought the 5 Function Multi Valve Pro - EVO from you about 6 months ago.... to be install on my A10. It's already program to work on my A10.
Should I send to you the unit for an update for the preassure sensors and software?

Gonzalo
Northern California
Old 12-18-2011, 05:59 AM
lov2flyrc

Replacements are only supplied for defective units. If you have one that is working properly there is no need to send it in.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:54 AM
gonzalom

Got it! thanks,

Gonzalo
Old 12-18-2011, 08:04 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Todd, can the remote display work with this unit? I wanted to buy the simpler one with no display because of where I'm mounting it( not gonna be able to see it without taking half the plane apart). Is this version that much better/safer? I have half a shopping cart full on your site, just trying to add a few more things...
Old 12-18-2011, 08:55 AM
lov2flyrc

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

Todd, can the remote display work with this unit? I wanted to buy the simpler one with no display because of where I'm mounting it( not gonna be able to see it without taking half the plane apart). Is this version that much better/safer? I have half a shopping cart full on your site, just trying to add a few more things...
No remote display available. Not sure what you mean by "Safer", how can one of these be dangerous? :-)
This is a hardware update to fix a reliability issue with the pressure sensor and a software update allowing you to turn off the Failsafe function.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:59 PM
cz-7a

Todd,
I'm starting to see a new EV5U valve thats less whistles and bells by flyeagle and airpower for around $250 is this the new releases that you mentioned are coming out soon for people that don't need or don't want to spend $500 for one? Are you going to start carring these soon? Looks like you can go with festo fittings as well as barbed when you order. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:15 PM
top1

Hi Todd
Just hoping to receive my replacement unit soon. As discussed earlier the jet is grounded until I have a replacement unit for it. Been waiting for a while.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:48 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Todd, I did not find the EVU5 valve on your website. Do you still distribute it?
Are the ones sold by AirPower directly any good?
Thanks,
David
Old 03-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I noticed this as well. I think Airpower have disappeared, so you may struggle to get them direct either.

My first one failed (pressure read outs, then leaks, then total failure), my second one has started playing up but may be fixable. Has anyone had a problem with the brake valve loosing it's programming, then being ok again at random?! One day I landed and had no brakes and no pressure in the system at all. Then reprogrammed and it held air again but after a bit of time started leaking from the valve and lost all pressure. If I went to pump it up again, it just leaked the air straight out the valve when switched on but held air when switched off. Then the other day, went to try it again and it was working fine. Wondering if this is the beginning of the end and it's just going to fail again[:@]
Old 03-18-2012, 03:32 PM
FalconWings

There is someone from Taiwan selling them in the classifieds section, but if they are no good there would be no point ordering one.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless you know you have total back up for this valve from where you buy it, I would not touch it with a big stick. These valves can and do go wrong from what I have seen, so being able to get after sales and warranty service is vital. Dreamworks would be my choice if they still sold them and as they don't have them, a sale as seen type classified from Taiwan would have my throwing money away alarm bells ringing
Old 03-18-2012, 07:45 PM
FalconWings

I found this one: http://www.airwildpilotshop.com/more...oduct&sku=EV5U

Not the Airpower brand, but I had one of these without the FlyEagle logo and it worked very good.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:12 PM
topiwala

So, I went through two of these while still setting up my jet. About 3 weeks ago, I received the updated replacement unit. So far all is good. Completely leak free, and doesn't loose settings, and the pressure sensors are still reliable. The unit has already lasted longer than my previous two. I can disable the failsafe as well if needed. I hope that this $500 unit actually remains behaving like a $500 unit should.<div>I see that Dreamworks RC has stopped listing it on their website......maybe it is now not produced. I hope that the inservice units are supported though......[]</div><div>I hope all you guys get your ones sorted out.</div><div>Nice unit...when it works..</div>
Old 03-19-2012, 04:51 AM
cz-7a

Is the latest valve evsd5u with landing lights? Reason I asked
Is I just purchased a nib one and wondered if theres a
Way to tell? Thanks
Old 03-19-2012, 05:28 AM
FalconWings

I believe the one with landing lights is the Pro version and should be the latest one.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Square Nozzle

I'm waiting for the EV5U family of valves to return to the market. I understand that Dirk from Airpower had a bad accident on a motorcycle resulting in head injuries. As a result the supply of Airpower products is affected. Phone conversations with Dreamworks tell me that Todd is working towards replenishing the Airpower product line. Hopefully Todd will chime in and give us a heads up on what's happening on that front and when he will have valves for us.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:51 AM
rcjetsaok

ORIGINAL: Square Nozzle

I'm waiting for the EV5U family of valves to return to the market. I understand that Dirk from Airpower had a bad accident on a motorcycle resulting in head injuries. As a result the supply of Airpower products is affected. Phone conversations with Dreamworks tell me that Todd is working towards replenishing the Airpower product line. Hopefully Todd will chime in and give us a heads up on what's happening on that front and when he will have valves for us.

That would be great !!! I have one and has worked fine from day one, over a year ago !!! Great product. I hope they get them back !!! .... Come on Todd !!! We're counting on you buddy !!!

Danno
Old 03-23-2012, 04:40 PM
FalconWings

So are there any other EV5 suppliers in the US?
Old 03-23-2012, 05:02 PM
rcjetsaok

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

So are there any other EV5 suppliers in the US?

David,

I don't think it's a Supplier problem, It sounds like a Manufacturing problem... If I understand all this correctly...
Old 03-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Jetkopter

Guys ,
I called Todd on this and he said by mid summer there should be Ev5s or something similar available.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:04 AM
FalconWings

Ok on the mean time I will give rhe FlyEagle a try. Hope I can actually get one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.