Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What is the best bashing monster truck?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What is the best bashing monster truck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 02:10 PM
happyhobo69
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best bashing monster truck?

What is the best bashing monster truck? I have the XXX-NT RTR right now and I break it all the time so I decied to add a monster truck to my arsenal. I was looking at the Losi LST, Hpi Savage,and the Revo. I want one that is going to stand up to crashing into rocks and curbs because im not the best driver. Any sugestions????
Old 08-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Mad Wax

Default RE: What is the best bashing monster truck?

Something that goes so slow when it does collide it does no damage. Perhaps a $15 radio shack toy. I would look into a small RC turretless/short length barreled tank or rock crawler- dead slow so good for learner drivers.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:04 PM
SS Nitro
My Feedback: (-1)

savage
Old 08-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Mad Wax

I very much doubt any RC car can still be in a FWO condition after repeated high speed crashes into curbs. Curbs have no give, the RC has give and something will break and/or bend.

If you can't control a RC car you shouldn't buy a expensive one. Buy a cheapo $100 radio shack offroader and practice in a large field. That way you can learn how to control it, and especially when it's coming towards you.

Once you've mastered it move into the $300+ nitro or larger scale cars (and onroad) You can't learn to drive with a expensive RC in a street IMO.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:50 PM
yoclick

DONT DOUBLE POST:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3298452/tm.htm

[:@]
Old 08-25-2005, 09:16 PM
happyhobo69

ORIGINAL: yoclick

DONT DOUBLE POST:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3298452/tm.htm

[:@]
[:-][:-][:-]
Old 08-25-2005, 09:48 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Savage!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 07:28 AM
gerwen

I'm with Mad Wax on this one. Don't get a nitro MT until you can drive your XXX-NT without crashing it into something.
The Savage is probably the toughest truck on the block, but it will break too if you run it into something regularly.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:56 AM
rcmaster123

my tmaxx is very durabal ive crashed it in to a mail box going about thirty and it was fine
Old 08-26-2005, 10:01 AM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

i've read some posts about the toughness of tamiya's tnx. should this not be included on this list of tough trucks. i've also heard about complaints about not enough aftermarket support and replies of the toughness of the truck warrents the ability to stick with tamiya's parts. anybody that can confirm this. btw, i don't have one but i've been reading on them because i hope to also purchase a monter truck some day soon.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:26 AM
rcmaster123

tamiya=crap
Old 08-26-2005, 11:25 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcmaster123

tamiya=crap
Wow, well based argument there...

Most people actually give reasons for their opinions. They may not be good reasons (i.e my friend has one and it sux, etc, etc) but at least they are trying to tell others WHY.

Many people regard the TNX as a very able basher/racer, but the lack of aftermarket and part support seem to be a problem in many areas.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:41 AM
happyhobo69

I can drive my car its just I take some more chances than I should. That is why its always crashed. Ever try to drive on crushed granite. its soo hard. its like cement with a thin layer of sand on the top. Just yesterday I jumped my xxx into a rock and broke off the ball that the turnbuckle attches to.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:14 PM
46u

Yes the TNX is a much better truck then the piece of junk Terra Crusher I owned. The main thing I do not like about the TNX is it has an ABN piston sleeve in stead a longer lasting ABC sleeve. I still think for bashing the Savage is better.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:17 AM
ross_jsy

savage or its twin the raptor. there are no hop ups for the raptor yet but its tough so it doesnt need them. its bigger than a savage even if it has a truckzilla conversion(its a 1 1/2 " longer than the stock savvy) and it has a bigger engine. in the picture with the wheel off the ground the thing underneath it is a 400cc fuel bottle
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24763.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	315669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51400.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	315670   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37550.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	315671  
Old 08-27-2005, 04:53 AM
Mad Wax

Smash your car repeatedly at full speed into lamp posts and curbs, hit the steering arms at full speed glancing blow with a parking post, then if it's still in one piece you give recommendation regarding the original posters requirement for a "indestructible" car.

Like I said, your car will be smashed to pieces if the driver cannot control it. A RC tank would probably be the most logical RC model. Remove the gun barrel to stop any chance of damage.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:37 PM
happyhobo69

Im not that bad of a driver. its just i take a lot of chances and do crazy things.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:15 PM
itspuddingtime00

Go with a savage or revo. They are both very tough, but I'd go with the savage because it's slower and less nimble. So, you won't be as likely to lose control. If you go with a revo stiffen the shocks, get aluminum rod ends, ditch the TRX 2.5 for a BB, maybe get some stronger servos, and you will have a real beast on your hands.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:42 PM
nitromouse

To start with, find another place to run, crushed granite is tough. Go to the local ball diamond for the xxx nt its a better surface in which the truck was designed to run. Get you a skateboard ramp from wal-mart for jumping or build your own out of paneling and 2x4's. As far as Monster Truck is concerned, if you are set on running on the granite and potentialy crashing alot, go with an electric truck, they are slower easier to control, dont require as much room to run. The two nitro trucks I would suggest for durable bashing factor and support, T-Maxx and Savage. Sorry fellas, I like the Losi and all the others but for sheer durability its between the Maxx and Savage, both have there good and bad points, support from lhs and price are factors as well.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:12 AM
GoldenPoint

MAMMOTH ST!!! only 350 for a limited time
Old 08-28-2005, 10:10 AM
broncobill
My Feedback: (11)

I, or my friends have had the Savage, Dominator, T-Maxx, Mad Force, LST, Mammoth ST, Revo, and the MGT. And in my opinion, the best over all truck is the MGT. Just this past spring, I traded my Savage for an E-Maxx. Not that it was not tough, but after the MGT, it was just not as good. I am not bashing any of these trucks. I am just saying that I think the MGT is the best over all. It does not do any one thing better than the other trucks, it just does everything very well. It is tough, has pretty good servos, easy to tune, easy to work on, getting more after market support, and you can't go wrong with AE.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:11 PM
newby420

whats the top speed 4 the savage x , my buddy got a revo 3.3 i have to smoke him
Old 07-03-2006, 04:14 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: newby420

whats the top speed 4 the savage x , my buddy got a revo 3.3 i have to smoke him

If you out run a Revo 3.3 in a drag race you will have done something. The Revo is what 3 or so pounds lighter? Do not get me wrong as I think the Savage is a better truck but I am not in to all out speed as that is not what wins races on a off road race track.
About the only way I think you will out run him in a drag race is to run over him and break something on his Revo.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:46 PM
dustin7837

a stock savage won't touch a revo in a race. unless there is a HUGE difference in the drivers skills.

happyhobo: If I were you, I would get something taht leaves you money for hop ups. I would reccomend a savage 4.6 (not x) or a CEN Genesis. Revo's are nice too, but not as durable for heavy bashing as the 2 i mentioned.

Just make sure that you leave money to get a roll cage, titanium turnbuckles etc...

Then you should be set.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:15 PM
BCBasher

I drive my Maxx like I stole it, find a truck you can get parts for cheap cause your gonna break somthing check my gallery. The broken arm was at maybe 10mph, I got rpm arms in front and just broke a bucha' other stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.