Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

not feeling good about a trade..More

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 03:38 AM
vwtrey-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not feeling good about a trade..More

found a good trade deal on another forum, so i went for it. the deal was a few car parts (real car) that i had laying around, that i wouldnt use, for a rtr nitro 4-tec. shipped all the stuff off today, cost me over 60 bucks in shipping, and the other guy was supposed to ship today also. well, he didnt. we've been emailing back and forth today, and it seems like he is just worried about when he should pick up the parts at the greyhound station. doesnt really sound like he has any intention to ship at all. when i do things like this, i tend to worry a good bit, so hopefully thats all the problem is. just had to vent somewhere, and this looked like the place to do it...lol

on a better note, i did happen to get a crank for my .15hpi motor for my rush. it came with a crankcase too. 12.50 on ebay, including shipping, so im feeling good about that! now i have to get the rest of the stuff from tower, i cant want to drive this thing!

trey
Old 03-11-2003, 04:11 AM
AznAbyss952

good luck with the trade.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:46 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

vwtrey.....I hear you!

I have shipped a "NIB" airplane ARF for another ARF built with engine installed (traded) ......AND....the guy also had a P51 Mustang ARF that I paid $150.00 for....which is going on two weeks now and he is as silent as a church mouse. I send him eamils asking if he shipped yet.....no word. I send emails to him from two different address thinking he's not getting them from one email address and still.....he's as silent as a church mouse.

What's really strange is that he found my airplane under an old listing that was still active and pursued it....we even made phone calls and spoke for a few hours. He sounds like a great guy so I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Tomorrow....I will try calling him and see if he is still around and will answer his phone. This has never happened to me before so it's unsettling to have to deal with it.

I hear you!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 05:00 AM
Moonunit451

I'm with ya guys. I just got burned for a transmitter from some a-hole on eBay :angry: Luckily, it wasn't a lot of money, but it still sucks!
Old 03-11-2003, 05:17 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

At least you didnt get burned for 3 large ones lol
Now that was pretty bad.. I could have had a tmaxx.. a savage, a serpent impulse and a buggy for that price.. lol

Life is full of ups n down guys.. it evens out.. lets ride up the low tides and ride down the high tides.. its the best way to do it!

I sure it works out for you guys! If you had the guy insting to trust em, chances are he inst that bad. How bad can people be huh? (uhh.. dont answer that!)
-ram
Old 03-11-2003, 06:37 AM
crash_me_over

Hmmmm....I smell a rat!

I saw this individual on RCU tonight and it made me wonder....what is he doing on here when he makes no attempt to contact me or ship my stuff? Here is an email I sent to him just tonight. I'll be surprised if I hear back from him.

Art,

I saw you on RCU tonight and wondered why you made no attempt to contact me? I have sent you several emails asking you to please ship the airplanes (or refund money to make it easier on you) and you have not replied. Are you avoiding me? Is there something wrong? I'm beginning to wonder if I am ever going to see my airplanes? Will you please let me know what you intend to do as it has been a few weeks now, more than enough time for you to have completed your end of the deal. You have my money and my airplane…now I would like to have mine, please?

Thank you
Cary
Old 03-11-2003, 06:47 AM
Moonunit451

YIKES :surprised !
Old 03-11-2003, 01:15 PM
vwtrey-RCU

glad to see im not the only one in this boat. not that its a good thing i guess. ill give the guy some time, and see what happens i guess. if someone is going to scam me, id rather they just email me and tell me not to worry about getting my stuff, because i never will. if yer gonna do it, have the guts to tell me, instead of hiding behind bunch of unanswered emails. makes me half tempted to drive to portland and get it myself. i did two trades in one week, one went really good, and the other isnt looking to hot. guess i got greedy. ill see what happens. good luck to you guys.

trey
Old 03-11-2003, 05:32 PM
darkroland

People that screw around on the trading like this ruin it for everyone. We should find every person that screws someone on a trade, and cut off their hands. That way, we wouldn't be KILLING them... but at least they couldn't use the internet for trading anymore. Morons.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Moonunit451

vwtrey,
I'm only a few miles out of Portland .
PM me and if there's anything I can do to help you out I will :angry: I hate this kinda ****e!
Old 03-12-2003, 03:09 AM
vwtrey-RCU

oh, ok. i emailed the guy today asking him if he shipped the car, no reply. it was wierd, cuz he usually replies quickly. so i found that he had some other things for sale also, and he did. so i set up a hotmail account, and emailed him to ask about those parts. he did email back about that. now im trying to decide on how to go about doing this...

trey
Old 03-12-2003, 03:19 AM
crash_me_over

Here's an update on my "experience" with the guy I am trying to complete my business with.

I got home tonight after work to see I actually had a voice message from Art. Here is what he said:

Yea...hi Cary...I'm not sure what's going on...I got a whole bunch of emails from you asking me if I had shipped the airplanes yet....I'm not sure what's going on....can you give me a call when you get home? Thanks...bye.

I call him and get an answering service that say's....leave a message....so I begin speaking into the phone....was about half way through my message and a voice (ladies voice from machine) cuts me off and say's thank's....bye.

I call back again....'ready this time to leave a short message".....and say...Art....please ship the airplanes...you've had three weeks to do so....please call me and tell me when you ship them....this week.....thanks....bye.

He calls back shortly afterward and say's....Yea...Cary....what's going on with all of these emails? I say....Art...it's been three weeks now...I sent you my airplane as a trade for one of yours that you were going to ship out with the P51 that I bought from you.....and your email stated that you would ship it out the following Friday after we spoke 2 1/2 weeks ago. I ask him....Art....what is the status of the airplanes? He says....well...I have the small one boxed up and was going to ship it out...maybe this weekend.....and if you still want the other one....I'll have to find a bigger box to ship it in. I say....Art....lets do this....you ship me the one boxed up now...this week....and refund my money instead for the airplane that you were going to ship. He say's....uhhhh....OK....I'll do my best to ship the airplane by the weekend....but you'll have to wait until I get paid so I can refund your money for the other plane. I ask...when do you get paid? He say's....uhhhh....this week.....I say....OK Art...this has been going on way to long....you ship the airplane this week...and send me the money this week also...OK? He say's....well...I'll do the best I can for you Cary.

That's when I said my good bye a before I lost it with this guy. I'll see what happens next and let you all know.

I have had many good experiences here on RCU....but when you have one that goes south....it somehow dulls the fondness of all of the other great deals you can enjoy. I'm not holding my breath on this guy.....and I do realize there are many good people here and will continue to enjoy their company and do business with them. I just hate to see people like this use these forums to take advantage of others.

Till the next post.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:24 AM
vwtrey-RCU

geeze cmo, that sucks. at least i dont have the luxury of being able to call the guy. i think that would make me madder than he11. i emailed him back on the original account we were dealing through, and told him i emailed him earlier, but dont know if it went through or not. and i was just wondering if he had shipped the car, or if he didnt plan on shipping at all. i guess ill sit back and wait for a day or two, then just plain loose it . good luck to you cmo, maybe it will work out.

trey
Old 03-12-2003, 04:22 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

good luck CMO i feel bad for both of you guys... I am so lucky this hasn't happened ot me yet..
Old 03-12-2003, 04:35 AM
vwtrey-RCU

friggin a man, finally got an email back.

I'm shipping it, I just got home. I'll get it out in the morn. thank, JZ

thats all it said, hope he holds up to it, lol.

trey
Old 03-12-2003, 05:00 AM
crash_me_over

CaseyDDR....Thanks. I'm sure it will all work out.....somehow.

Ya know....it's not even about the money aspect....as much as it is about the fact that this guy hounded me to do the swap....my airplane for his....gave me his phone # and asked me to please call him...etc...etc...etc. So after we made the deal...and I always ship very quickly and keep business on a professional level....to try and keep things rolling along....but then he just hits the brakes and seem's like he's living in another time zone.....and then acts surprised as to why he received so many emails. DUH???

As the world turns.

vwtrey....That sounds promising. Sounds like your going to get the goods!

Good Luck!
Old 03-12-2003, 05:08 AM
caseyddr

well I'm bout to enter my first big risky trade... getting a emaxx so i can follow up with the monster maxx... boy did that get me wanting an emaxx... whew! first thing i get is the widemaxx kit then that chassis is just beautiful.. pricey, but beautiful... anyways im digressing.. GL CMO!!
Old 03-12-2003, 05:26 AM
Moonunit451

vwtrey,
Should have got a phone# and address. Matter of fact, if you've got a real name, might be able to find him anyway. Portland's just a big town. let me know if I can help.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:37 AM
crash_me_over

CaseyDDR.....Whoa...I'm trading my Emaxx for a heli radio this week.

What are you trading for?
Old 03-12-2003, 05:39 AM
caseyddr

12L3 RTR for Emaxx RTR. got AIM I could tell ya details, its not wide maxx but im not really worried, going to get ton of parts from www.monstermaxx.com which emaxx you have? maybe we could trade haha ^_^ lol
Old 03-12-2003, 06:02 AM
crash_me_over

No AIM....To busy looking at all of the forums...

Mine is the latest one.....I bought it new this winter to play with indoors when it's to ugly to be outside. I just traded an airplane for a heli and need a heli radio and found a good one for trade so the EMaxx is going to have a new home after this week.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:43 PM
vwtrey-RCU

well, i got an email from the guy again today. but this time, it had a tracking number!!! wooo, i feel 100 times better. cant wait for it to get here. im not too much into on road cars, but the guy jacked it up and put offroad tires on it. plus, i want to try to put that traxxas 2.5 motor in my rush. ill see what happens. thanks for the moral support guys, or is it moron support? eh

trey
Old 03-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

83% here today my friends!

I got burned for $320!I sent a dude $160 he said he never got it so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and sent him another $160!
I'm a fool.
Still no truck and no $ order!
He now says his mother sent the MO back to me but I have yet to see it.
I have to wait 60 days before I can claim it at the Post Office.
I'm screwed!!!!
I'm not buying anymore "used" stuff or making anymore trades.
The $ I thought I was saving actually ends up costing me more in the end anyway.
New or nuthin' from now on!!!!
Old 03-12-2003, 09:49 PM
caseyddr

oh dont let 1 guy get you down.. this is why i hate talking about my real age on these forums.. children always have to use there mom and are not self suffiecient (spelling? haha) kids now a days dont learn how to take care of themselves nor do they learn anything about living day to day. my trades ive done myself, shipped, packed, drove to post office myself. Its children like this that make us more responsable ones look bad (btw 1 month im 18 so then i can say im adult)
Old 03-12-2003, 09:57 PM
vwtrey-RCU

lol, and be tried as an adult too. so go have fun, real quick. bonefrost, if this kid is living at home with his parents, and you have the phone number, id give her a call. or find out the phone number. parents get mad sometimes, heh.

trey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.