Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

TJ Failsafe Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

TJ Failsafe Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TJ Failsafe Question

Hi,

I've installed one of these units for a customer and have an issue. When the Rx batteries are turned off and then back on, nothing bad happens, but when you cycle the Tx also, the gear are commanded to retract upon power-on. I've binded it both ways, but it does the same thing either way. I'm sure there's a solution or something I'm not doing correctly. Thanks in advance for the help...
Old 03-15-2011, 04:23 PM
siclick33

Default RE: TJ Failsafe Question

Have you conducted the bind with the gear up and then gone through the failsafe programming?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:43 PM
ddlstang
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure it is in the bind. That was doing the same to me. Just make sure the gear is down during bind.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:46 PM
siclick33

Gear needs to be up during bind according to the instructions. I believe that this is to prevent a transitory down signal during connection 'arming' the system. Then when the TX connects with the gear switch up the gear retracts.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:49 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

I had a diff. brand failsafe that did this. What I found out was if I had the gear pulled up when I switched the battery off... then later manually lower my gear (I had UP valves), when i turned the radio back on and then the jet, it would retract the gear up. I think it remembers the last position when it powers off. Not sure if the TJ unit is like that.

It could be that TJ sent you "This is for Shaun" unit that is programmed to do give you grief. For all the crap talking you guys have done! just kidding.

Let us know what you find out.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:33 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: noahb

I had a diff. brand failsafe that did this. What I found out was if I had the gear pulled up when I switched the battery off... then later manually lower my gear (I had UP valves), when i turned the radio back on and then the jet, it would retract the gear up. I think it remembers the last position when it powers off. Not sure if the TJ unit is like that.

It could be that TJ sent you ''This is for Shaun'' unit that is programmed to do give you grief. For all the crap talking you guys have done! just kidding.

Let us know what you find out.

That is funny!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

That is funny!!!!

At least you're consistent....
Old 03-15-2011, 06:34 PM
AFTERBURNER1

User error???????[X(]

They have all worked like a champ in my jets.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Shaun Evans

User error???????[X(]

They have all worked like a champ in my jets.

LOL,

Like I said, at least you're consistent. Classy, too! Anyway, I'm looking for help here. If you don't have any to offer, why comment?
Old 03-15-2011, 07:04 PM
tamjets

Read instruction manual over many time than it make sense.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:14 PM
AFTERBURNER1

You could have made a phone call or two and and figured it out.

If it were a product made by any other manufacturer you probably would have done exactly that.

You seem to find much enjoyment sticking your nose in anything that is Tam.

Getting old. At least Tam has many many many friends that have his back.

Consistent you say????? I guess so..

Cmon now. I have another dollar bet on the table and it is poker night.

Please give us a five paragraph response this time. [8D]
Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 PM
ddlstang

Talk about getting old. Don't know any of you but it's really childish. He had a simple question that may or may not have anything to do with Tam's product.

Oh, and do you honestly think he could have just called Tam.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:17 PM
acw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Just re-program it  (press button while turning on). The sequence is gear down, gear up and then failsafe pressure.<div>
</div><div>Arnaud</div>
Old 03-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: acw

Just re-program it (press button while turning on). The sequence is gear down, gear up and then failsafe pressure.<div>
</div><div>Arnaud</div>

Hi,

Yep, done that a couple of times. I don't think I'm having a problem understanding how it works or how it's programmed, but only what people have done to overcome this particular issue. I seem to recall discussion about it, but I can't find this particular answer from a search. Ultimately, it will be up to the end user to deal with, but I'd prefer to deliver a bug-free product. I'll keep at it, and hopefully someone with some experience with this issue will chime.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:15 PM
tamjets

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

ORIGINAL: acw

Just re-program it (press button while turning on). The sequence is gear down, gear up and then failsafe pressure.<div>
</div><div>Arnaud</div>

Hi,

Yep, done that a couple of times. I don't think I'm having a problem understanding how it works or how it's programmed, but only what people have done to overcome this particular issue. I seem to recall discussion about it, but I can't find this particular answer from a search. Ultimately, it will be up to the end user to deal with, but I'd prefer to deliver a bug-free product. I'll keep at it, and hopefully someone with some experience with this issue will chime.

Now we getting there.
Every morning look down the toilet....guess what I see.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Shaun Evans

If it were a product made by any other manufacturer you probably would have done exactly that.

Sometimes I wonder if you know how you sound when you do this. You don't sound like "many, many friends." You sound like ONE really childish, girlish wanna-be bully. Your posts only ever consist of a Tammercial, an idiotic one-liner or a Shaun-diss. Why you take such exception to a simple question is beyond me, but it's to the point of silliness and paranoia...and your "us against him" mentality is so stupid and predictable. I do wonder sometimes why...if your friends are so great...that they need YOU to fight their battles for them? Every time there's a post that's other than a glowing Tammercial (especially if it's from me), you get a call and then run online to do the dirty work. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

As far as your bet is concerned, don't waste it on how much I do or don't write. Nothing you write or say will effect how much I do or don't write or say. A more fun bet might be this one: Will you EVER do any of this trash-talking to my face, or just continue to flex all this Keyboard Courage? Will you do what you've done so many times before, which is to take your scripted pot-shots from the side, and then be as sweet as molasses pie when I see you in person? Will you EVER have the man-parts enough to make one single peep like this to my face, or just play these pansy games from the computer? That's my dollar bet. I'm sure you'll only come back and say something about winning your self-bet, without addressing my questions, too. People like you are all the same, so guess which way I'm betting...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62361.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1579444  
Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: tamjets

Hi,

I don't know...your personality? Dougie's waiting puckered-up lips?? I know! Your BUSINESS!!! [X(]

If you ever wonder why, I have to think this behavior online can't be helping. Think about this, Tam: Nobody slammed your product. For all I know, it's a fine product. I think I've even stated that it's a very clever idea that someone had. What if, instead of once again showing your immaturity with these asinine remarks, you just either shut up or tried to be helpful? Even if you didn't want me to personally succeed with your product, you would have at least looked like a grownup.

Now that you've chirped in, would you mind, as the guy whose name is on the device, to offer some insight here? I'm sure I'm not the only person who has had this problem, and I'm sure that it's a very simple programming issue or some other thing I'm doing wrong. Can you leave your bitterness aside for just long enough to help me deliver this airplane with your product on board such that it won't collapse when the radio is powered on?? See, I even acknowledged that it's most likely something I'm doing wrong. So, how 'bout it?
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 PM
goin west too

Hi,

I don't know, your business? [X(]

ROFLMAO!!!

Touche, shawn! LOL

Old 03-15-2011, 09:56 PM
jedijingle
My Feedback: (45)

Now that was funny!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:56 PM
tamjets

You know what I see here....
Some knucker head had too much time in their hand and bore had nothing better to do in their life and to come up with lame Gear Failsafe problem to stir up the pot.

BTW,
I had close to 500 products in my store... goes pick one and start another thread.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Shaun Evans

You know what I see here....
Some knucker head had too much time in their hand and bore had nothing better to do in their life and to come up with lame Gear Failsafe problem to stir up the pot.

BTW,
I had close to 500 products in my store... goes pick one and start another thread.

Well,

A.) Is that your best offer of help? Where's that legendary customer service your shills are always talking about? Remember, this isn't my failsafe. It belongs to someone who buys your product. I was hoping more for an explanation on how to keep the gear from collapsing when you power on the radio since the system has to be bound with the gear up. What I've been doing is holding the jet off of the ground upon radio power-up, but I imagine there has to be another fix...

B.) If you had (did you mean "have" ) 500 products in your store, when are you going to go sell some of them and pay off the people you owe?

C.) What the **** is a Knucker??

Seriously, Tam...why even pipe up if you're not going to offer even a cursory stab at something helpful or useful? Our personal feelings for each other aside, this was a question about failsafe programming. One in which I said in the original post that it was probably something I was doing wrong. You whine about being stalked and persecuted, but don't you think that this is yet another example of how you're no innocent victim in all of this? I'll post a video of the problem I'm describing so that you'll know I'm not making this up (as if you don't know that already.... )
Old 03-16-2011, 01:09 AM
tamjets

Bla bla bla.....
This **** getting old Shawn.

Every few weeks you had to do it..
Stalker
Old 03-16-2011, 04:14 AM
ddlstang

Have you tried binding with gear down, that should do it.

This does not look good, especially as a business person, take the immaturity somewhere else.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:24 AM
AFTERBURNER1

Sometimes I wonder if you know how you sound when you do this. You don't sound like ''many, many friends.'' You sound like ONE really childish, girlish wanna-be bully. Your posts only ever consist of a Tammercial, an idiotic one-liner or a Shaun-diss. Why you take such exception to a simple question is beyond me, but it's to the point of silliness and paranoia...and your ''us against him'' mentality is so stupid and predictable. I do wonder sometimes why...if your friends are so great...that they need YOU to fight their battles for them? Every time there's a post that's other than a glowing Tammercial (especially if it's from me), you get a call and then run online to do the dirty work. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

As far as your bet is concerned, don't waste it on how much I do or don't write. Nothing you write or say will effect how much I do or don't write or say. A more fun bet might be this one: Will you EVER do any of this trash-talking to my face, or just continue to flex all this Keyboard Courage? Will you do what you've done so many times before, which is to take your scripted pot-shots from the side, and then be as sweet as molasses pie when I see you in person? Will you EVER have the man-parts enough to make one single peep like this to my face, or just play these pansy games from the computer? That's my dollar bet. I'm sure you'll only come back and say something about winning your self-bet, without addressing my questions, too. People like you are all the same, so guess which way I'm betting...

Sweet as molasses???? Not. Say hi now and again, sure.. You and your courage and say it to my face B S rants are very tired and worn out. I don't need to hide behind a keyboard to get my point across..

If one deserves an earful face to face one will receive an earful.

Struggling thespians should learn to not threaten individuals. It could be co$tly.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:26 AM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I don't know any of you guys but I am interested in the problem be it real or preceived as I use Tams failsafe in my models. I just can't help but wonder if this whole thing might have been a little different it someone else asked the question in the first place. Could carfe less if you two guys have "history" or not - that is your problem. I still would like to learn from others experience with products that I use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.