Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What kind of people are into RC? Introductions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What kind of people are into RC? Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Sable00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of people are into RC? Introductions

I am new to this site but not new to RC. It has generally been a solo hobby for me as I know no one else into it, so I was curious as to what types of other people are into RC, like what you do for a living or are going to school for, married or not, etc... introduce yourself.

As for me, I have been in this hobby for 3 years, married for 3 years, no kids and work as an assistant manager at a clothing store.

As for the hobby, I am only into cars right now, but am interested in getting into Helis at some point. I currently own an E-Maxx and a Slayer 3.3.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:49 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Default RE: What kind of people are into RC? Introductions

im in Middle school and am hoping to become a veterinarian.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Sable00

That's cool. Good luck with that!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:50 PM
electricrc68
Banned

thanks
Old 04-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

I'm 28, married for 9 1/2 years and have a 9 year old daughter. I spent 4 years in the military, but it wasn't for meso I got out at the end of my enlistment. Spent a few years working and going to college but decided I needed change so I went through cosmetology school with my wife. I figure that I am an anomally: straight male cosmetologist who is heavily into RC [8D].

Old 04-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Sable00

ORIGINAL: Sigma.40

I'm 28, married for 9 1/2 years and have a 9 year old daughter. I spent 4 years in the military and got out. Spent a few years working and going to college but decided I needed change so I went through cosmetology school with my wife. I figure that I am an anomally: straight male cosmetologist who is heavily into RC [8D].
Cosmetology as in hair?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: Sable00

Cosmetology as in hair?
Umm...yes. I spend my days with my hands in (mostly) attractive women's hair and come home to my RCs ( and wife and daughter). Makes for a good life. Wouldn't change a thing.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Sable00

That's cool.And thanks for serving. What did you do in the military?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: Sable00

That's cool.And thanks for serving. What did you do in the military?
Air Force Security Forces. Like I said, though, wasn't for me. Got to mess around with alot of cool machine guns, assault rifles and grenade launchers .
Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Sable00

Awesome! Well, again, thanks.

Anyone else?</p>
Old 04-09-2011, 11:25 PM
McWolf_101

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">I'm 26 and in a relationship with a VERY wonderful woman, who is also into the RC hobby. I've just finished my Bachelors degree in Psychology and looking to teach in a secondary school. I'm currently working three part-time jobs while I wait for replies from the various secondary schools to which I've sent application letters.</span></span>
Old 04-09-2011, 11:50 PM
johndavis

im 49 retired out of the army. married for 20 years have a sc 10 ofna lx 1 buggy an dirt oval rc's and im a lead mechanic at a factory here in georgia
Old 04-09-2011, 11:54 PM
twan77

I use to be into RC when i was a kid but never knew all the stuff you could do with them.  Im now 28, been in the military for 9 years, Communication field.  I baught a Jato 3.3 two years ago just cause. Then at the beginning of last year baught a TC 4  and did some upgrades to it with the local hobby and loved it. Ever since, I have been buying more and more.  I got my roommate into it but he kind of fell out of the interest cause didnt want to spend the money every time he broke it.  My neighbor has a few but he is more for the speed and im trying to get out of that stage and get into racing.  Im not married now. I do have a girlfriend who is moving all the way across country to be with me so im hoping I still will have time.  The people i have met with in the RC world at our local tracks seem to be from all different fields of work and all married.  I think it is a hobby to give them an excuse to get away lol.  Im going to try and get my girl into on road racing with me, hopefully that works out.  I love this hobby and its only up from here for me.  Im definitly an amature but plan on winning some local races some time soon.  Just hope where ever my next duty station is will have a track on or off road like em both..

By the way Sigma.40 I dont blame you for wanting to have your hand running threw womens hair all day lol </p>
Old 04-10-2011, 03:08 AM
cooldriver385

I'm a freshman in high school and an honor student in AP classes. I race motocross, and dream to become a pro in motocross and ride for a factory team. If I can't make it, I plan to go to college to become a software engineer or a web designer as am learning Java. I'm also single (and probably will be for awhile [8D]) And I use this hobby as a relaxation.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:12 AM
BoomerSooner
My Feedback: (80)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 28 and work as an airline pilot. I'm not married and no kids that I know of. Got into cars a long time ago. Still mess with them a little but now I'm mostly into giant scale gas planes.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:57 AM
rdcntrl1

48 yrs old,union carpenter, married for 20 yrs, 3 kids 7 grandkids ,started in rc in 1979 ive had numeres cars,trucks,boats over the years, i now have 7 nitro planes,12 elect planes 1 helli, 200 ft of ho train track set up,all in my garage,my son is into planes as well,its a great hobby that takes all of your time & all your money ,lookin to many more years of fun !!!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:13 AM
thunder5005

i been into rc nitro for about 3 months and i am 33 years old married and have 2 kids but i am disabled and can not work for rest of my life, thats about it. i was bored and decided to try out an nitro truck and i love it.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:17 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 23... got my first hobby grade rc car when I was 12, which was a Traxxas bandit. A nitro stampede followed shortly and I was hooked. For a few years I raced various classes, mostly carpet. I have had more cars than I could ever remember. As of now, I have them spread across 4 states.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: twan77

By the way Sigma.40 I dont blame you for wanting to have your hand running threw womens hair all day lol</p>
Old 04-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Sable00

ORIGINAL: McWolf_101

<span style="font-size: small"><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">I'm 26 and in a relationship with a VERY wonderful woman, who is also into the RC hobby. I've just finished my Bachelors degree in Psychology and looking to teach in a secondary school. I'm currently working three part-time jobs while I wait for replies from the various secondary schools to which I've sent application letters.</span></span>
Doyou ever have time for RC? Well, Good luck with the job apps!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Sable00

ORIGINAL: twan77

I use to be into RC when i was a kid but never knew all the stuff you could do with them. Im now 28, been in the military for 9 years, Communication field.
Well, thanks, for serving!</p>
Old 04-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Sable00

ORIGINAL: rdcntrl1

48 yrs old,union carpenter, married for 20 yrs, 3 kids 7 grandkids ,started in rc in 1979 ive had numeres cars,trucks,boats over the years, i now have 7 nitro planes,12 elect planes 1 helli, 200 ft of ho train track set up,all in my garage,my son is into planes as well,its a great hobby that takes all of your time &amp; all your money ,lookin to many more years of fun !!!!!
Well, not a bad 32 years spent . Are you going to get your grandkids into it?
Old 04-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Sable00

ORIGINAL: BoomerSooner

I'm 28 and work as an airline pilot. I'm not married and no kids that I know of. Got into cars a long time ago. Still mess with them a little but now I'm mostly into giant scale gas planes.
What kind of planes do you fly?
Old 04-10-2011, 08:07 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been into hobby grade R/C cars since about '97 but as a younger kid I always had some kind of toy R/C. Anyone remember the Tyco Fast Traxx?

I'm 30 now, hitched, have a baby girl and a step son, I've worked for an armored truck company for over 5 years which really isn't what most people imagine it would be. The gig isn't bad but the manager is an @$$ so, myself and about 3 othersare looking for a way out. I occasionally drive trucks or jump when they need a substitute but my daily job is back at the office. I just got my Class B CDL permit w/ airbrake endorsement so hopefully Ican get the license soon and find a better job. I'm signed up for classes at the community college to finish my Associates in hopes that it will help me begin a new enjoyable career.

Otherwise my first hobby R/C was an Associated RC10 that was handed to me back in '97. Then I picked up my B4 Stealth somewhere around'03 and am still running it today. There was a used T-Maxx and Revo 2.5 in the middle but they've been sold since. Just a few days ago I picked up a used HPIWheely King which I've cleaned up, re-lubed and have been having a blast with! I also tried helicopters once, didn't have the patience then. Now I have a Harbor Freight Yellow Bee airplane which is actually more controllable and way more fun than I anticipated.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:57 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im a 27 year old "stay at home dad"
im into rc cause its fun, and i cant afford to own real sports cars/mud trucks!

i have a 1 year old boy and cant wait till he is old enough to enjoy the hobby with me!

being a stay at home dad affords me lots of time to scan ebay and other places for used rc's at good prices

when i was 16 i saw this vhs at a friends house. it was my introduction to hobby grade RC. full of puns, a lame host and 80's theme music! not to mention some really nice vintage RC footage.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEeH9Pgl38M&feature=related[/youtube]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.