Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

kangke monocoupe

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

kangke monocoupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 07:12 PM
sunny7775
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kangke monocoupe

Has anybody had any problems with kangke monocoupes wing covering peeling up on the leading edge? On the second flight the covering came loose and I almost lost it.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:57 AM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

Default RE: kangke monocoupe

hasn't happened to mine. I have maybe a dozen flights on it.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:33 AM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my covering is tight and beautiful
Old 10-19-2004, 02:53 PM
sunny7775
My Feedback: (59)

Thanks for the response. I was just checking to see if anyone else has had the same problem.
Guess the glue on mine was not stuck good.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:01 AM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

I have been trying to talk myself into not buying one of these planes. What are your comments and options on the Plane and what size engine would be ideal for it.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:06 AM
sbaugz

Mine has a G-26 from Bennett Built. It also has a sullivan skywriter smoke pump and Bennett smoke muffler. All I can say is the plane is beautiful, the wing loading is extremely light (even with smoke), if flies like a dream, assembles/dissasembles quickly at the field for its size, and is overall a great plane. The G-26 is a perfect match for the plane. Plenty of power and flies very scale.
On the downside, its gets a little boring for me to fly (hence adding the smoke to keep things interesting).
Old 10-27-2004, 06:10 AM
WALKERS210-RCU

Thanks for reply. I have gotten older and eyes are not what they use to be. I was going to build another Cub, and in fact I have a Super Cub that is about 80% complete now in the shop. But the Monocoupe is a beatuiful plane and like I said I have been trying to talk myself into not buy one. Slow and lazy is more my style now, and the smoke sounds like a real plus on it.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:07 AM
hgiles
My Feedback: (4)

SBaugz, is that a G26 in the 60 size or is it the larger monocoupe? Is your plane yellow or red?
Old 10-27-2004, 09:52 AM
IronCross

WALKERS210-RCU
Ditto on that... My Dago Red's and Extra's etc are seeing less and less time while my Decathlon's are getting good workouts :-]. The Decathlon's give me the best of both worlds..
Slow lazy flying or airobatics depending on the mood.... And big easy to see wings...
I have been looking at the yellow (read small here) Monocoupe... Anyone here have one of these ?... Is a .90 fs adequate for this plane ?... Pretty stable in the air ?...
Old 10-27-2004, 11:16 AM
yard-dart
My Feedback: (35)

ORIGINAL: sbaugz

Mine has a G-26 from Bennett Built. It also has a sullivan skywriter smoke pump and Bennett smoke muffler. All I can say is the plane is beautiful, the wing loading is extremely light (even with smoke), if flies like a dream, assembles/dissasembles quickly at the field for its size, and is overall a great plane. The G-26 is a perfect match for the plane. Plenty of power and flies very scale.
On the downside, its gets a little boring for me to fly (hence adding the smoke to keep things interesting).
I too have been contemplating buying this plane. I have a G-23 on the nose of a Laser, that I never fly. I have been wondering how my gasser would do on the Monocoupe. I've been trying to sell my plane and engine, but may keep the engine if it would do that good on the 'Coupe. How did yours ballance out with the 26 on the nose? Did the plane need the extra nose weight anyway? What does the wing loading turn out to be with this engine?

I thought that I may have to go with a larger four stroke if I purchased this plane, but would like to stay with the gasser if it all possible, plus, I'd be saving a good deal of money too.

John
Old 10-27-2004, 11:25 AM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

I am assembling my "small yellow" monocoupe now. I posted a question on this board a few months back about which engine to use and most people that responded said I needed to go with a .91 size four stroke. At the time I was trying to decide what to power it with I was offered a new Irvine .72 at a great price and this is what I bought. I am changing the way I am powering my planes. In the future I may lean more towards 2 strokes in planes that will be used mostly for "Sunday" type flying (warbirds and Cub types) and my four strokes I will use in my more acrobatic type planes where a larger prop will benefit. I have 2 fourstrokes and a half dozen twostrokes all of various sizes and I don't plan on buying anymore for a while, I will just try to match the plane to the engine a little better, plus this will give me more money to spend on the electrics now that I have discovered how neat the brushless motors are .
Old 10-27-2004, 12:13 PM
WALKERS210-RCU

My luck is holding true... Called hobby shop I deal with because I knew he had one of the 90size and he will beat any price on the net. But guess I was a day late cause its gone. Had to order one and now got to wait for it.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:00 PM
sbaugz

To answer several of your questions:
My monocoupe with the G26 in it, is the red one. It gets a little confusing when talking about these. Kangke makes two versions, both called the monocoupe 90A. The "90" does not refer to the engine size, its actually the model designation of the real plane. Anyways, mine is the larger red 1/4 scale monocoupe 90A. The yellow one is a 1/5 scale monocoupe 90A.

Anyways, mine balanced perfectly with the G26 up front. I cut a small portion of the lower cowl out for the muffler, which can't be seen anyways. Otherwise, the cowl is intact and the engine mounts perfectly. As far as wing loading, I am not really sure, but it is low nonetheless. The website lists an average wing loading of 21 ounce/sq ft. Mine is probably slightly higher than that because of the smoke system and extra 16 ounces of smoke fluid I carry. I have flown with and without the smoke system, and there is no difference in handling. This thing flies like a big trainer.

If anyone is considering this plane, i would definately recommend it. The quality is the best ARF I have seen. The only negative thing I have to say about the plane is the cheap wheels. After 3 flights I had shredded the plastic rims. Invest in some nicer wheels. The hardware is top quality, in fact I have not seen better in any other ARF. I was so happy with Kangke that I also bought their Waco biplane. I'd be happy to answer any questions on this plane and post pictures if wanted.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:02 PM
sbaugz

By the way, TowerHobbies now sells both versions of the monocoupe 90A. The larger red version is $339. If you use their current $30 off promotional code, you can have one of these babies for $309. You can't beat that anywhere. I actually paid $349 from Chief last summer, which was a great deal at the time when they first came out.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:25 PM
IronCross

Only problem is Tower doesn't have them in stock..
Old 10-27-2004, 06:52 PM
sbaugz

That's true, but if you don't mind waiting a few weeks, its a great price. If you want one, I would check with Chief Aircraft. They will probably match tower's price.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:30 AM
hgiles

Man, I really want one of these! I am really torn between one of these and a WM 80" Zero. Not much room left in the hangar right now. Besides, I got two unfinished planes already... Decisions, decisions...
Old 10-28-2004, 10:17 AM
sbaugz

I'll tell you this, compared to that zero, this will be a breeze to fly. Basic aerobatics are pretty fun to watch and try. Obviously you won't be doing 3d with it. The only negative I have with this plane is that it gets a little boring after flying it awhile, mainly because my flying style is pretty aggressive. ALthough, on the other hand its a nice change to fly the monocoupe after flying my YAK or Waco agressively. Its almost like you don't really have to think and you can just relax and fly.

That's why I put smoke in it to spice things up a little. I tell ya, putting smoke in any plane really makes it a blast and this monocoupe definately is no exception.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:41 PM
hgiles

Oh yeah, I can certainly appreciate the benefits of having something easy to fly (boring). It would be a nice plane to hop into after a layoff or if wind conditions aren't optimal or you are at a new flying site or trying out a new pattern, etc. etc... Low stress flying, comfortable and fun. It would be almost like flying a trainer only it looks so damn good!

No doubt, I want one, just don't know which one or where I would put it/build it.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:19 PM
sbaugz

come on now, you can always find room for and have a need for a plane. That goes along with the hobby doesn't it??
Old 10-28-2004, 08:40 PM
LuckyArmpit

Hay, just do it!!!! My motto, "he who dies with the most planes, wins!"...LOL!!!!
Wife just told me the other day, "there isn't any room in your shop for another plane". I have electrics as well as
slimers. I just bought a Cessna 182 last nite!

dave...
Old 10-29-2004, 06:24 AM
sbaugz

That's the attitude. I just ordered another Katana myself on wednesday and I really didn't need it or have the space for it either.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:36 AM
hgiles

Yikes! You guys lack even less discipline than I do!! (Or is it the other way around?!) Both wife and five year old daughter both keep telling me I don't need any more planes -- I only have three now after selling my cub!

In all honesty I see one of these in my future. I have an idle engine that would work great in the yellow one and I also have a 25.4cc Stihl that should do great in the red one if I can get it converted. I really want to get the Stihl converted before I make a choice on which one I get.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:29 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Kangke told me that they shipped Towers order this week, so it shouldn't be to long before they are available. I've had one on order since the beginning of September but I always figured it for a winter project anyway.
Old 10-29-2004, 04:05 PM
sbaugz

Now if only tower would carry their whole line-up. I have my eye on the Kangke Cap and the f20 tigershark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.