Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Stupid Laws That May Affect Our Hobby

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Stupid Laws That May Affect Our Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:58 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stupid Laws That May Affect Our Hobby

Ok so I was reading this small article in XTREME RC CARS in regards to a stupid law that affects ATV's and Mini Bikes. After I read the article I thought to myself where will this government control end. It also mentions a law thay are trying to pass in Cali that outlaws Black Cars. I heard about that law also on Glenn Beck and Rush. Anyways the article reads like this. It was written by Skinny.

(Ok our world has officialy gone insane! Here's something that snuck under the radar I bet you didn't know about, and I canlt believe our government made it law. It concerns the off-road recreation world, but it could have easily been us... could we be next? Here is the deal: the CPCS (Consumer Product Safety Commision) passed a law banning the sales of JUNIOR ATV's and bikes for kids basically under 13. Why you might ask? It seems the CPSC thinks kids are going to eat bike parts containing lead... that's what they started with anyway. Fist kids eating bike parts makes no sense, I've never heard of that one before, what kid would eat a motorcyle part! This came about because last year there was a big scare about babies chewing on small toys that had lead paint; that I can understand, but bikes... ATV's... come on! I could go off on this, but the real point here is this opens a Pandoras Box that left unchecked could further tighten the noose that is already around our neck. This situation may seem unrelated, but if we don't pay attention to what laws are being passed, and not shoot them down, this could easily escalate. We need to be alert for lame laws so we can protect our right to have fun.It starts with small bikes and ATV's. Then adult toys, then our Hobby. As I write this law makers are now talking about outlawing black cars in California. You see, black cars use the air conditioning more which waste more fuel.)

What is your take on this?
Old 06-29-2009, 02:03 PM
scoobs92

Default RE: Stupid Laws That May Affect Our Hobby

i have no words that can explain how stupid the laws are getting
Old 06-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is pathetic. Eating lead parts? By 7 years old I was taking my dirt bikes apart and rebuilding them, and now when I am at the track I help people 2x or one time even 3x my age!

EDIT: After reading my post, I guess I can say that I am mechanically gifted for my age. But I just can't see a 12 year old eat a shock cap.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

The Gov. is the Gov. they do what they want really and nothing is going to stop them. Even though we are a supposed "free" country.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:12 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

The Gov. is the Gov. they do what they want really and nothing is going to stop them. Even though we are a supposed ''free'' country.
Trust me brother we are far from being free and it is only going to get worse.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:15 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

actualy theres a county ordinance here in palm beach county that forbids the use of rc cars in county parks without a roar lisense[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] too bad nobody inforces it
Old 06-29-2009, 02:21 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

actualy theres a county ordinance here in palm beach county that forbids the use of rc cars in county parks without a roar lisense[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] too bad nobody inforces it
Wow that I did not know. I know when I lived in Broward County I was told by a BSO officer that I couldnlt run my car at a park over in North Lauderdale. I will have to check the local laws here in Dade County to see what is up with that eventhough I have had no issues here in Dade.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:53 PM
sokar

I'm especially afraid in my city. 6 years ago (I was about 10) I was riding a little electric scooter from Toys R Us that I got for Christmas. That day I was riding it around when a cop pulls me over and asks me for my Class M vehicle license. Naturally, I had no idea what this was. The cop let me off with a warning but threatened to drag me to court for operating a motorized two wheeled vehicle without a license. I love the city that I live in, and there's rarely any crime. However this causes a lot of boredom among the local cops. I've seen cops single out one kid from a group of kids crossing the street and write them a ticket for crossing when the red hand starts flashing. I've seen them write old men tickets for not crossing the street in time. We even have a 10:00PM curfew. Anything that may or may not be considered dangerous by anyone is either banned or will be banned. Now, I'm not trying to give the police or my city a bad name. They do a wonderful job of keeping crime at an all time low, however after awhile the overly strict rules can get one one's nerves.

RC is not very popular in our city, but I always shut mine off when cops are near. Nitro airplanes are illegal, but I'm not sure about cars. I can't imaging the punishment my city has on the books for operating motorized vehicles (no matter how small) on public property. To the ignorant, nitro cars look very dangerous and its only a matter of time before some cop decides to harass me about it.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:57 PM
quietnas1

Wow this is truelly crazy. Nitro planes outlwed? Incredible!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:06 PM
scoobs92

i believe everything about cali's laws because on almost every product out there i always see a warning about how something in the product has a chemical known to cause some kind of cancer to the state of califorina
Old 06-29-2009, 03:10 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For god'sake stop listening to Rush Limbaugh(or anybody like him..) He is a scare-mongerering slimeball and a totally unreliable source of anything remotely resembling objective information... If you believe Rush Limbaugh then you're as much of a sucker as anybody who ever believed Bush was a "reg'lar guy" out driving his pickup, chopping wood... All that bs Republican anti-gov't rhetoric was embodied by Bush, and look where he got us. I'm not saying either that gov't is good - but I sure as h.ell am saying that Bush and all Rush's "gov't is bad" b.s. led us to exactly where we are right now. If you're affected by the recession/financial crisis, you can thank not enough gov't regulation for getting us here.

Nobody is going to ban black cars for godsake...
Old 06-29-2009, 03:11 PM
lancer123

almost everything casues cancer these days ...

and thats why when theres a cop in the neighborhood i stop my rc car becasue i am afraid he might write me a ticket for traffic interference etc.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Wow, it always surprises me every time someone brings up ALL of the RIDICULOUS laws you guys in Cali have. Just reiterates why I will NEVER live there so long as I can help it. That state is so liberal and filled with so many idiots promoting and making ludicrous laws it boggles my mind. The beautiful weather can never make up for all of the BS that comes along with living there for me. Also, so long as we have a Government completly controlled by Democrats we're screwed. We need to have a nice balance of Dems and Republicans. That way, they keep each other in check. Once one party gets all of the power it becomes a free for all. However, government is much like a pendulum. So, I think we've gone as far to the left as humanly possible right now and I can only hope that the pendulum will be starting to swing back right soon. Then, we should be good for about 10-20 years, and it'll go all the way to the right, and we'll have a whole different set of issues to deal with.

As for the Nitro planes being illegal, I'm not surprised. Quite frankly, I'm surprised anyone in California is allowed to even posess a nitro, let alone actually run it!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:31 PM
sokar

Its really not the government. Its the people who are so afraid of the RC vehicles. I blame it mostly on helicopter parent soccer moms, who are nosy and overly protective of their children. I'm sure a sizeable number marched down to city hall in an attempt to ban nitro planes. That's why I didn't buy one. There's only one designated area within a 30 mile radius for nitro aircraft, and its quite a drive. I didn't want to drive for 30 minutes every time I wanted to fire up the plane. Its ridiculous.

When I run my RC car up and down the street (or anywhere for that matter), I get two reactions from two different types of people. The women either ignore it or look at me or the car in disgust. The men's stare, and sometimes bring their son or sons to watch. The reaction I get from men is usually "wow that's cool!".
Old 06-29-2009, 03:55 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

For god'sake stop listening to Rush Limbaugh(or anybody like him..) He is a scare-mongerering slimeball and a totally unreliable source of anything remotely resembling objective information... If you believe Rush Limbaugh then you're as much of a sucker as anybody who ever believed Bush was a ''reg'lar guy'' out driving his pickup, chopping wood... All that bs Republican anti-gov't rhetoric was embodied by Bush, and look where he got us. I'm not saying either that gov't is good - but I sure as h.ell am saying that Bush and all Rush's ''gov't is bad'' b.s. led us to exactly where we are right now. If you're affected by the recession/financial crisis, you can thank not enough gov't regulation for getting us here.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/25/c...ng-black-cars/

Here is the story on black cars in Cali.. Its not some miss information from a consertative talk show host. It is real.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:25 PM
scoobs92

it dosen't matter what side your on left or right cause eventually they are like diapers they get full of crap and need to be changed i vote for whoever keeps nitro legal
Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 PM
quietnas1

Amen to that one scoobs92.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

For god'sake stop listening to Rush Limbaugh(or anybody like him..) He is a scare-mongerering slimeball and a totally unreliable source of anything remotely resembling objective information... If you believe Rush Limbaugh then you're as much of a sucker as anybody who ever believed Bush was a ''reg'lar guy'' out driving his pickup, chopping wood... All that bs Republican anti-gov't rhetoric was embodied by Bush, and look where he got us. I'm not saying either that gov't is good - but I sure as h.ell am saying that Bush and all Rush's ''gov't is bad'' b.s. led us to exactly where we are right now. If you're affected by the recession/financial crisis, you can thank not enough gov't regulation for getting us here.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/25/c...ng-black-cars/

Here is the story on black cars in Cali.. Its not some miss information from a consertative talk show host. It is real.
Well my car is black and I know Im NOT changing the color. I dont care if it attracts the sun. Do they know how many cars are black?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:37 PM
sokar

The best thing we can do is stand up. In Nazi Germany, not every German needed to be Anti-Semitic. They just needed to be apathetic.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:40 PM
GlassBullet
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: scoobs92

i believe everything about cali's laws because on almost every product out there i always see a warning about how something in the product has a chemical known to cause some kind of cancer to the state of califorina

haha yeah i'm suprised so many people are still living here. You can't go a whole day without being exposed to cancer in California. I guess it's not just people who like the weather :].
Old 06-29-2009, 04:49 PM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: GlassBullet

You can't go a whole day without being exposed to cancer in California.
Hahahaha, I've got an idea for a bumper sticker: "I moved away from Cali so I could drink Nitro fuel without getting Cancer."
Old 06-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Where I skate at there is a sign on the glass door saying "This area has chemicals that are know to cause cancer in the state of California" I always thought it was funny.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:23 PM
MadManAndrew

Even my fish food says its known to cause cancer in the state of cali...No wonder all me fishies died, they had da cancer.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Access

At one time I thought I read somewhere that it is illegal in california to sell an RC car that out-of-the-box will do over 60mph, but never found anything else to back that up. Might have just been part of an advertisement or add campaign though.

Many cities and counties are starting to pass various legislation that restricts non-EFI 2-stroke engines, so far these have been limited to boats, snowmobiles, etc. and nothing has affected RC. Whether they will pass something that restricts all scavenging 2-stroke engines in the future remains to be seen. The number of laws on the books doubles every 7 years, so it could just be a matter of time.

That said 'outlaw' remains a part of many sports, ie. in paintball you have 'outlaw' ball (see the link below)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paintba...ying_locations

In RC we already have 'outlaw' summit running or 'outlaw' crawling, where you are running in places that are simply too difficult / illegal for most RCs.

The 'outlaw' archtype need not be a negative one, lots of legendary people throughout history were outlaws in their own time, ie. robin hood, joan of arc, bonnie and clyde, george washington, harriet tubman, etc. Often times these 'outlaws' come out of a time of economic depression, they are hailed as heroes and seen as rebelling against an unjust, incompetent, or uncaring system while law enforcement is billed as the 'bad guy', bullies who try to enforce their will on the people with no good reason. By rebelling against an unjust, unreasonable, inhuman system, these individuals capture the public imagination and become heroes or even timeless symbols of righteousness. History is its own judge.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:55 PM
cobra26

I don't always agree with Rush Limbaugh, but at least he reads the laws that are passed which is more than I can say about Congress - before they even vote and pass them! We are no longer threatened by tyranny and the loss of liberty, it's already happened. Who would have guessed you'd get more liberty and freedom in Europe than we are going to get here? A coup is taking place of the highest order in this country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.