Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Easy Vee Trials

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Easy Vee Trials

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 01:01 PM
stackeddeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Vee Trials

Hey guys sorry I opened up a new post but the other one was 8 pages. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9055619/tm.htm
Today I filled up the tank and tried to start the engine.. I got it started once but the muffler vibrated off and the engine sucked up a ton of air or something because it wouldn't slow down and kept getting faster. I cut it off and haven't gotten it running yet. It really wants to crank up but just won't... the tygon tubing Ihave is a little to big for the zenoah nipples. Igot some other temporary line that works fine.. I was starting it and realized the vent line came off the engine.. Turns out the black nipple for the vent line on the carb broke.. Flex cable still hasn't come in... New verdict: I'll give everything radio and all 700 bucks. Fuel pump included. lol no joke.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:13 PM
mymammushouse

Default RE: Easy Vee Trials

finish it, get it done
Old 10-17-2009, 01:50 PM
stackeddeck

No, its got to many problems. I am going to post it on ebay and just buy a used RTR boat.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:52 PM
stackeddeck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200395569140
Old 10-17-2009, 01:52 PM
nothinbetr2do

man, don't give up yet. you've come so far. i've been watching your thread, i didn't add to it because i'm still learning to. just get the right stuff you need to get it going, and get it wet
Old 10-17-2009, 01:55 PM
nothinbetr2do

darn, your quick. maybe you should have gave yourself some time to think about it. but anyway, good luck with it
Old 10-17-2009, 01:59 PM
mymammushouse

he's 14. he doesnt think
Old 10-17-2009, 02:05 PM
stackeddeck

mymammushouse you talk like your twelve. I've found a RTR used cat made by expresscraft. The boat probably won't sell anyway. It my decision and I've made it.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:24 PM
chief3452

Hey Stacked,

Dude, say it isn't so? I'm not hatin', but you selling your rig is kind of a slap in the face to all the people who helped you. Everyone wanted to see you get it finished and enjoy your first build. If it doesn't sell I hope you seek out someone in your area to help you do final setup and get it wet. You did a good job, follow thru, you won't regret it.

Scott
Old 10-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Jamming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't give up, You will find a RTR even more problematic, Find someone in your area for support. Zippkit's are far better than any RTR you will find.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:05 PM
stackeddeck

Jamming, I'm not buying some RTR proboat... I'm looking at fine boats that have been put together by someone else and are proven to run. Tom at expresscraft is testing the cat to make sure it runs well. As for the people who helped me I am sorry I let you down. I really tried hard.. I've been to mechanics and people at Hobbytown USA with no avail. I got the experience from the build but would really like to get a fiberglass cat. It is where my mind is set.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:50 PM
BILLIUM
My Feedback: (40)

Sorry , But you will never learn how to run them if ya can't fix the problem's { THAT WILL ACURE !!! }

Even if you buy one rtr you will still need to work on it & fix anything that may need fixing!!! Just take a deep breath & fix your build .. Just my opinion take it for what it worth ... Later Bill
Old 10-17-2009, 04:15 PM
planebasher

You might want to correct your E-Bay Ad to reflect the problems that are outlined in your post here.
It appears yours is not RTR; Be careful; what goes around comes around.

Even if you get a RTR Gas Boat; you are going to find out that everytime you take it out; there is going to be something that has to be corrected, adjusted, lubricated, etc.

Might want to try Electric (SV27) to get your feet wet; so to speak.
Just my .02.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Dartman1074

I wouldnt give up so easy. I finally got my ibox wet for the first time today. With some probs as I posted on my listing. But in the end I was very pleased with my run. You have put to much time and effort into your build to just let it go. In the long run you will regret it.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:22 PM
dwr9

ORIGINAL: stackeddeck

Turns out the black nipple for the vent line on the carb broke.
The vent line shouldn't be connected to the carb. Doug
Old 10-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Dartman1074

Seems like he might have pressure building up in the tank.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:52 PM
stackeddeck

Its not fun anymore because I just really want a scale looking cat. Every weekend something breaks when I work on it and it puts me farther behind in getting it wet. I have a chance to get a cat that's already set up and its one of my dream hulls for 900 shipped.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:30 PM
mymammushouse

Its not fun anymore because I just really want a scale looking cat. Every weekend something breaks when I work on it and it puts me farther behind in getting it wet. I have a chance to get a cat that's already set up and its one of my dream hulls for 900 shipped.
doesnt mean u wont have problems w/ the cat right away.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:53 PM
BILLIUM
My Feedback: (40)

Make's sence to me !!! If i don't understand the fundaments of rc boating & can't get this 1 to run then i'll sink another 900 in to a boat that i'll never have to setup ??? Vic think about what i said on MGB ... You sould really get this boat running & learn to listen to the one's that know & have been doing it for a while. Then it will be eazier to learn to setup a cat but you need to get your feet wet first.. not tring to make ya down but these so called toy boat take some know how to get them up & running . Not something you learn over night .. Just think about what your doing .. Everyone here crawled before we walked . same thing goes for these boats .. Later Bill
Old 10-18-2009, 12:09 AM
mymammushouse

amen bill
Old 10-18-2009, 12:36 AM
stackeddeck

Number one.. tons of people start with RTR boats..
Number two I understand my boat and have set up 99.9 percent of it... A piece broke off the engine that will have to be replaced which will take a while... I was just going to kill 2 birds with one stone and go ahead and get the hull I really want...
Lastly.. The ***** boat isn't going to sell... Its on Ebay ****... no one is going to buy it anyway. If they do its a way I can get my money back out of the boat...if I run it alot I won't be able to sell it for nearly as much. After this boat its not like I have to money to just blow 1000 bucks for a new boat.. Its a way to have had more than one boat..
Bottom line is: ITS NOT GOING TO SELL I PROMISE!!! ***** I do get a chance to take the money I should do it because I don't have 10 thousand dollars to spend in rc boats, as much as I wish i do. Don't worry guys there is an extremely slim chance anyone will bid on it at that price.. I set it high for a reason

<Mod edit - edited to comply with site rules>
Old 10-18-2009, 01:01 AM
mymammushouse

Number two I understand my boat and have set up 99.9 percent of it... A piece broke off the engine that will have to be replaced which will take a while... I was just going to kill 2 birds with one stone and go ahead and get the hull I really want...
Lastly.. The bloody boat isn't going to sell... Its on Ebay for 675... no one is going to buy it anyway. If they do its a way I can get my money back out of the boat...if I run it alot I won't be able to sell it for nearly as much. After this boat its not like I have to money to just blow 1000 bucks for a new boat.. Its a way to have had more than one boat..
Bottom line is: ITS NOT GOING TO SELL I PROMISE!!! ITS ONLY UP FOR 10 DAYS if I do get a chance to take the money I should do it because I don't have 10 thousand dollars to spend in rc boats, as much as I wish i do. Don't worry guys there is an extremely slim chance anyone will bid on it at that price.. I set it high for a reason
when/if u receive the cat. please do not ask for help

Old 10-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

ORIGINAL: mymammushouse
Humm, I'd say you need to just ignore his comments & quit posting behind him if you don't like what you see.

As far as the guy from Bama, he needed to vent. Sometimes its good to put the hobby down totally for a few days, weeks, months and come back. Don't sell anything in a rush or you'll regret it. However, my advice stands.... clean up the shop and get it organized so when you come back to it, everything is ready. Go down there and do other projects but don't mess with the boats. You'll come back.

Putting the boat on ebay for 10 days with such a starting price? Yep, there's enough proof he's not serrious. However, you do what makes you feel good.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:36 AM
painman

AS long as you ask, there will always be someone on the site that will be willing to help, when you need it. Your old build or help with a new project, dosn't matter. People should speak for themselfs and not for others.

Good Luck, Most of all have FUN;

Later; Randy
Old 10-18-2009, 07:57 AM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: mymammushouse

Lastly.. The bloody boat isn't going to sell... Its on Ebay for 675... no one is going to buy it anyway. If they do its a way I can get my money back out of the boat...if I run it alot I won't be able to sell it for nearly as much. After this boat its not like I have to money to just blow 1000 bucks for a new boat.. Its a way to have had more than one boat..
Bottom line is: ITS NOT GOING TO SELL I PROMISE!!! ITS ONLY UP FOR 10 DAYS if I do get a chance to take the money I should do it because I don't have 10 thousand dollars to spend in rc boats, as much as I wish i do. Don't worry guys there is an extremely slim chance anyone will bid on it at that price.. I set it high for a reason

that's just wrong. if you posted this in one of my threads, i would ask a mod to remove it. if your not willing to help, that's ok. but please don't think your speaking for everyone. this site is alot bigger than you, and there are alot of great guys willing to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.