Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Touch up paint....

Old 04-18-2012, 06:13 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Touch up paint....

What do you gentlemen recommend with respect to touching up front shock towers, spcifically theones in the attached pic? - see edges of picture. Or am I better off ust painting the entire thing? I am horrible at painting, but like it enough to do some damage.

Thanks, all!</p>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91422.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	1752196  
Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 PM
The_Shark

Default RE: Touch up paint....

let it be, those are scars of honor.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:46 PM
08hondacivicsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is really no point in my books. It's just going to come right back off lol
Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 PM
FahrtAutoRC

The ONLY paint that can be bought to fix this cannot be bought at all. It may, now mind you I said MAY be found on top of Mount Olympus. There, under a strange colored rock. Under that rock you will find a bell, a key, and a harmonica. Toss the key and the bell, they are useless. Play the song "Hail to the Cheif" on the harmonica in the key of "G" and a talking goat will greet you and ask if you would like to play a game of Rochambeau. Accept his challenge gracefully and defeat him brutally, and he will give you another bell. Throw this away as well, this bell does nothing either. Tied to the goats neck will be a slip of paper with the words "Baaaa-Ram-you". Repeat these three times, loudly, and an avalanche will start. Ride the goat to the bottom and the snow will eventually peter out. You should be in a large elevated field. Follow this field to the cabin on the other side where you will meet a virgin. She will give you a fortune cookie with the final directions to complete your quest. They will read "Proceed up the mountain. Find a strangely colored rock..."
Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 AM
Dr. Blockhed

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

The ONLY paint that can be bought to fix this cannot be bought at all. It may, now mind you I said MAY be found on top of Mount Olympus. There, under a strange colored rock. Under that rock you will find a bell, a key, and a harmonica. Toss the key and the bell, they are useless. Play the song "Hail to the Cheif" on the harmonica in the key of "G" and a talking goat will greet you and ask if you would like to play a game of Rochambeau. Accept his challenge gracefully and defeat him brutally, and he will give you another bell. Throw this away as well, this bell does nothing either. Tied to the goats neck will be a slip of paper with the words "Baaaa-Ram-you". Repeat these three times, loudly, and an avalanche will start. Ride the goat to the bottom and the snow will eventually peter out. You should be in a large elevated field. Follow this field to the cabin on the other side where you will meet a virgin. She will give you a fortune cookie with the final directions to complete your quest. They will read "Proceed up the mountain. Find a strangely colored rock..."
Funny, I was thinking the same thing.....
<br type="_moz" />
Old 04-19-2012, 05:58 AM
JohnP2

I guess that means you can't recommend anything. ;-) I'll come up with something. Regarding "battle scars of honor"...I was thinking that (mainly when looking at the heat sink on our Hyper 7). Gives it "character". However, I like to keep my sh*t clean (to the point it is becoming an obsession) so it's driving me nuts! ;-)</p>
Old 04-19-2012, 06:15 AM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

I guess that means you can't recommend anything. ;-) I'll come up with something. Regarding "battle scars of honor"...I was thinking that (mainly when looking at the heat sink on our Hyper 7). Gives it "character". However, I like to keep my sh*t clean (to the point it is becoming an obsession) so it's driving me nuts! ;-)</p>
There is no paint around that will be as durable as the original <font size="2">anodizing</font> . You could carry around a black magic marker and touchup the towers after a crash.

Maybe you could make these work.

<font size="2">

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lan...;partNo=103681</p></font>