Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GP PW 300S or Kangke Texas Hurricane w DA 50R

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GP PW 300S or Kangke Texas Hurricane w DA 50R

Old 09-02-2003, 02:06 PM
will1563

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP PW 300S or Kangke Texas Hurricane w DA 50R

Help me in deciding which model to get, the GP PW 300S ARF or the Kangke Texas Hurricane ARF.
What would be the best selection for all around quality, performance and 3D ability with a DA 50R.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Bill
Old 09-02-2003, 05:50 PM
OUTCAST

I have no experience with the DA 50 but I have with both the airframes. Both are great flying planes and are well constructed. Tech support from both is very good, and the company's stand behind their products. With both planes set up the same, the PW is smoother flying and a bit faster, it does not bleed airspeed as fast and it's stall is a bit more gentle. The Hurricane has a higher roll rate and much more control authority at low speeds. The Hurricane stall speed is slower but the stall is sharper. Both are capable of any IMAC routine and the Extra is better at that for all the reasons mentioned above. Both are also 3-D capable but the Hurricane is much better at that. The Extra is known for a nasty wing rock in harriers and elevators that is mild in the Hurricane. The rotation rate in a blender is much slower in the Extra and the rate of decent is higher. Both have some pitch coupling in knife, neither too bad. The Extra does a better snap roll, the Hurricane does better point rolls. Both fly as well inverted. The Hurricane is slightly lighter {about a pound with the same gear} so on the same engine the vertical is better. IMO if IMAC is what you want buy the Extra, for 3-D buy the Hurricane.

You may also want to check out the ZDZ 50 or 60. they are getting a good reputation for performance and reliability
Old 09-02-2003, 11:58 PM
going vert
My Feedback: (11)

Outcast - great response. I had the same exact question and I think I'll go with the Hurricane. I want outright 3D crazyness!!

Now I need to find a used one unbuilt! Any leads?
Old 09-03-2003, 08:21 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Default Hurricane

Going Vert:

Good choice, the Hurricane....Very happy with mine and I have a FPE 2.4 in it....Also have their Laser 2000....could use a 3.2 in it..has a FPE 2.4..needs a little more power....Good luck
Old 09-03-2003, 02:45 PM
will1563

Thanks so far for the information. Very helpful and just what I hoped for.

thanks
Old 09-04-2003, 11:07 PM
will1563

Anyone else out there with any comments ???
Old 09-05-2003, 12:08 AM
sarawnty

Default Texas Hurricane

I have a DA50 in the Texas Hurricane. You'll need to buy new landing gear from TNT in order to swing a 24x8 prop. Great plane for hovering and torque rolling. Elevators are stable with minimal wing rock. Still trying to sort out high alpha harriers though. A little scary at the moment.
Steve
Old 09-05-2003, 01:21 AM
going vert
My Feedback: (11)

Default GP Wagstaff v. Hurricane

I might have done a head fake on the hurricane. I can get a used GP PW for $1250 - 6 flights with the works.

Ultimately, I want an unlimited 3D plane that can do IMAC. Is the GP Wagstaff the right plane or should I stick with the Hurricane?
Old 09-05-2003, 09:10 AM
OUTCAST

Vert, the PW Extra will 3-D, it will do everything in the book, is just not as good as the Hurricane in that area. It's better than the Hurricane for IMAC and precision. There both good planes, maybe you should buy one of each.........