Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Leopard ESC...any good?

Old 05-28-2003, 06:02 AM
Xhilr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leopard ESC...any good?

I saw a "Leopard" ESC with no limit for a good price. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this brand and if its any good? Its red in colour, has a yellow sticker that says "Leopard" and also "Nova" on it.

Do you guys recommend any ESC's for a 12-14T motor?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2003, 01:40 PM
lonte

Default NOVA

I got the same exact ESC from some place called HIQ off of ebay, put it on my RC with a 11 turn motor. It started to melt, not sure why, I only had a 1700 MAH battery, my car was fast as hell, but for some reason there wa san over load on the esc. I am leaning towards the motor and the ESC not really being able to handle the low turn motor
Old 06-16-2003, 01:54 PM
whitexj
My Feedback: (1)

Default Leopard ESC...any good?

Either a Duratrax 8t pro esc for like 75-85 dollars or a Duratrax 12t forward/reverse esc for 65.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:51 AM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Leopard ESC...any good?

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I got a Nova Leopard ESC as well from a gjuy named Hi_iq, and installed with a 17T motor and 6-cell 3300 a day after I recieved it in the mail, 5 minutes into backyard driving the ESC went kaputz!! Wonder what would happen if I used the 10x3 motor on it... It's the no motor limit ESC, the unit powers on with a solid red light and doesn't respond, I paid $100 Canadian for this and the guy won't respond to my emails and I can't find info on the company. Any suggestions?