Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Spektrum AR 400 receiver won't bind

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Spektrum AR 400 receiver won't bind

Old 09-12-2013, 01:53 PM
loves nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum AR 400 receiver won't bind

Hi All,
My brother bought an FMS 1100mm F6F Hellcat and asked me to put it together for him as he is just starting out in this hobby. The plane went together without a hitch but I can't get the receiver to bind, the receiver is a new Spektrum AR 400, the radio I gave my brother is a Spektrum DX4. Unless Im missing something here's what I did, 1- I put the throttle lead into the throttle port of the AR 400, 2- I put the bind plug in the battery/bind port of the AR-400, 3- I put the rudder lead into the rudder port of the AR-400, 4- I plugged in the battery, 5- I held in the bind button on the DX4, and turned it on. Right after I plugged in the battery, the receiver light started flashing real fast, as soon as I held the bind button, and turned on the receiver, the light started to flash more slowly, all the time the lights on the DX4 were flashing. After a few seconds the receiver light started to flash real fast again, and then went out, no light at all on the receiver. I tried this serveral times, and even tried to bind the receiver to my DX5, and DX6 all with the same results, I had the throttle trim on the radio set to zero, the throttle stick at it's lowest position, and all the other trims setting in the middle, the battery was almost fully charged. Any help with this will be greatly appriciated.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 09-12-2013, 05:33 PM
1320Fastback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lights seem to be workin correctly. The fast then slow flashing is correct.

Try movin away from the plane 5 feet or so.

Turn out any floursent lights, and Turn off the microwave