Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Will this Combination work if i buy it?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Will this Combination work if i buy it?

Old 01-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Black_RC_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Will this Combination work if i buy it?

Hi. Im new to the forums. Im looking forward to using this site for help. Will this combination work before I Buy it? the links are shortened

http://bit.ly/1DS5Qcd

http://bit.ly/1yxqDxk

http://bit.ly/1yvKksv

http://bit.ly/1xI4zMo

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jhaelenn
Old 01-18-2015, 03:31 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I just have this feeling that clicking on any of these links might be a poor choice....
Old 01-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Black_RC_Pilot

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
I just have this feeling that clicking on any of these links might be a poor choice....
Seriously? Just click it I'm Not that type of guy! Not trying to get arrested!!posting something bad would get me banned. Not helping me

Last edited by Black_RC_Pilot; 01-18-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:39 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Im on Linux so I clicked them. Links are ok. He posted a 90mm power system and a 64mm jet
Old 01-18-2015, 05:26 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I dont have much knowledge on edf jets but it seems that you are trying to fit a too big of a fan on this jet.. My suggestion is to find a plane combo that already comes with a nice, 12 blade unit that provides a nice, jet like sound with a motor and esc, and avoid experimenting combinations that can be expensive, ruining batteries.

I am sure that the electric jet guys can chime in, however in this forum most guys fly gas powered turbines.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:30 PM
Black_RC_Pilot

Originally Posted by erbroens
My suggestion is to find a plane combo that already comes with a nice, 12 blade unit that provides a nice, jet like sound with a motor and esc.
Thats the problem. I can't afford that! Thank you though. I'll search for a 12 blade fan unit 64mm.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:40 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

You should probably look at a parkzone habu, they fly good and can be had cheap,
Old 01-18-2015, 05:43 PM
Black_RC_Pilot

I dont have much knowledge on edf jets but it seems that you are trying to fit a too big of a fan on this jet.. My suggestion is to find a plane combo that already comes with a nice, 12 blade unit that provides a nice, jet like sound with a motor and esc, and avoid experimenting combinations that can be expensive, ruining batteries.

I am sure that the electric jet guys can chime in, however in this forum most guys fly gas powered turbines.
What about this and the other things beside the fan?

http://bit.ly/1KUoQIW
Old 01-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Black_RC_Pilot

Originally Posted by raron455
You should probably look at a parkzone habu, they fly good and can be had cheap,
I Make my own money so I go for RTF EDF Jets! which is in my range
Old 01-18-2015, 05:46 PM
erbroens

can be wrong, but think that there are not many small diameter edfs with 12 blades... maybe you will should compromise with 8 or 10 blades

about the edf and esc combo there is a software motor simulator that can help you a lot.. www.motocalc.com it has a 30 day free test download

Last edited by erbroens; 01-18-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:51 PM
Black_RC_Pilot

can be wrong, but think that there are not many small diameter edfs with 12 blades... maybe you will should compromise with 8 or 10 blades

about the edf and esc combo there is a software motor simulator that can help you a lot.. www.motocalc.com it has a 30 day free test download
Do you know any fans that sound like a turbine that are compatible with this jet?
Old 01-18-2015, 06:29 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

The plane comes with every thing to fly. If i wanted to hop it up i would try to put in a 70mm minifan pro in it to try to move a bit more air. Wemotec fans are hard to beat.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:36 PM
Black_RC_Pilot

Originally Posted by 2walla
The plane comes with every thing to fly. If i wanted to hop it up i would try to put in a 70mm minifan pro in it to try to move a bit more air. Wemotec fans are hard to beat.
such as this?
http://bit.ly/1xm7dZr
Old 01-18-2015, 07:00 PM
raron455

There are no edf fans that sound like turbines, only people who think they do, this is a trolls post!!
Old 01-18-2015, 07:10 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I apologize, it wouldn't be the first time a new account showed up with no info. Your post didn't even begin to explain what you were looking at and the shortened links make it look like a spam thing. No idea who you are or anything, so I apologize.

Originally Posted by Black_RC_Pilot
Seriously? Just click it I'm Not that type of guy! Not trying to get arrested!!posting something bad would get me banned. Not helping me
Old 01-19-2015, 05:02 AM
erbroens

There are no edf fans that sound like turbines, only people who think they do, this is a trolls post!!
You should see and hear some of the multi bladed EDF units that are around.. they sound absolutely great.

Jhaelenn: take a look at this 5 to 10 blade upgrade in this F-22.. is very affordable and sounds good in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvWGDk1htjw

Last edited by erbroens; 01-19-2015 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:37 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I have some nice sounding fans but next to my turbine they actually don't sound the same at all!

You also don't need a high blade count fan, just good ducting. I have a mig15 with a 5 blade fan and I have had many ask me if its a turbine.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Black_RC_Pilot

You should see and hear some of the multi bladed EDF units that are around.. they sound absolutely great.

Jhaelenn: take a look at this 5 to 10 blade upgrade in this F-22.. is very affordable and sounds good in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvWGDk1htjw
Ok i found a new combo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cyclone-Powe...-/130940884081

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XRP-ChangeSu...-/301058944284

http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a251-f18-blue-rtf-24g.html

Is this ok?
Old 01-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Black_RC_Pilot

This isn't a trolls post. You'd actually be surprised at the sounds of my previous jet. Even an actual Airman though I modified this plane with a real jet engine. It's the same plane also!

Last edited by Black_RC_Pilot; 01-19-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:00 PM
raron455

Originally Posted by Black_RC_Pilot
Shut up, I dont troll like you.
Ok, I didn't want to get personal, but in his first post he post a bunch of HOBBYKING stuff, then when questioned, I DONT KNOW WHY WITH SUCH A GREAT NAME like BLACK_RC_PILOt, with no post, then makes a statement about getting arrested, gets some good advice and then comes back saying he can not afford it, I offer what is known to be a decent entry level complete edf jet,that is affordable, and makes the statement that he makes his own money, WELL welcome to the real world pal, that's how we all get ours too, go out everyday to earn it. since I was 15. Then he Ask if there are fans that sound like turbines, and the answer is clearly NO, edf fans do not have compressors, or injectors, or an explosion inside a chamber, or high velocity burned fuel exhaust coming out of them, that is what a turbine sounds like. There are some good sounding fans out there but they do NOT sound like any turbine I have ever heard, and I have been around plenty of high end EDF Jets, One being an older BVM f-86 that was running on 14s it sounded good but nothing like a turbine. Period. SO after your comment telling me to shut up, I will still offer you this last bit of help, and Im done with you,, Here is a Fan I believe you can afford, You can get some jetA, SCRATCH that you will have to get diesel, put it in a squirt bottle, spray it in the fan and sit behind it using your voice making roaring noises, and You will have a electric fan that sounds and smells like a real Jet Turbine,, Best of luck to you Troll, my bet is he is under 16 years old..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	B462664_1wco.gif
Views:	68
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	2065468  
Old 01-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, I didn't want to get personal, but in his first post he post a bunch of HOBBYKING stuff, then when questioned, I DONT KNOW WHY WITH SUCH A GREAT NAME like BLACK_RC_PILOt, with no post, then makes a statement about getting arrested, gets some good advice and then comes back saying he can not afford it, I offer what is known to be a decent entry level complete edf jet,that is affordable, and makes the statement that he makes his own money, WELL welcome to the real world pal, that's how we all get ours too, go out everyday to earn it. since I was 15. Then he Ask if there are fans that sound like turbines, and the answer is clearly NO, edf fans do not have compressors, or injectors, or an explosion inside a chamber, or high velocity burned fuel exhaust coming out of them, that is what a turbine sounds like. There are some good sounding fans out there but they do NOT sound like any turbine I have ever heard, and I have been around plenty of high end EDF Jets, One being an older BVM f-86 that was running on 14s it sounded good but nothing like a turbine. Period. SO after your comment telling me to shut up, I will still offer you this last bit of help, and Im done with you,, Here is a Fan I believe you can afford, You can get some jetA, SCRATCH that you will have to get diesel, put it in a squirt bottle, spray it in the fan and sit behind it using your voice making roaring noises, and You will have a electric fan that sounds and smells like a real Jet Turbine,, Best of luck to you Troll, my bet is he is under 16 years old..

LOL Well said.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:11 PM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The thing that mostly bothers me about EDF sound is the way they can go from zero to full RPM almost instantly.

Maybe an EDF pilots has to have a slow thumb to please me, or use some electronics or SW to make the throttle response slow.